Ugh, indeed
 Asura.Saikotic
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Saikotic
By Asura.Saikotic 2010-08-13 10:59:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes I am QQing, but bear with me.
So, while Abyssea is a brilliant invention and shockingly generous by SE, the lower level people are frustrated. Trying to form a party but can't find anyone even at lv55 that will do anything BUT Abyssea, who can blame them of course. Go solo you say? Would love to, except that trials of ten different weapons have overrun and claimed all the solo camps a BST can use with insane effeciency. And so I find myself tripping around for exp and settling for begging, or 3k an hour at best. Sure these updates are great, but frankly I think it's been a glorius slap in the face in one hand and candy in the other, for BST before 75.

Aside from the previous lv60+ camps, with the CoP areas uncapped are there other creative ways to solo? Jug pets or charmable mobs, any recommendations? Or just suck it up and curse SE :D
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-08-13 11:10:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Duo'ing opens up a huge selection of camps and makes things a bit easier for BST.

Me and ma GF Duo'd the 75 together (to 80 in Abyssea exp >.O), If i recall at level 55... It might have been charming Pephredo's and killing Lesser Colibri its been a long while.

Try using this:

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Beastmaster_Viable_Hunting_Grounds

Its what i used to find a camp, just cycled through the ones that looked like the best exp, tried sticking to zones i could FoV in as well.

I Can't think of any NEW Camps, but that guide usually netted us one camp.

I'd just do what you can until you can get to one of the Djinn Camps, Either Batallia (S) or Vunkerl (s), we duo'd at nearly 10k/hr, about 15k with exp ring o.O

Or was it 15k/20k? I forget =( Either way Djinn camps are damn great Duo.
[+]
 Sylph.Okiah
Server: Sylph
user: Okiah
By Sylph.Okiah 2010-08-15 09:04:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I came back to BST after a year off @64 leveling it, can't solo at all. So many level 80s doing F***ing magians its just impossible to find anything to kill. Ended up just trying to get to 75 in parties but thats a long shot cause no one likes inviting BSTs.. even though I do more DMG than most DD's even if you don't include my pets! I also only use HQ jugs!
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-08-15 09:38:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait a month and everyone will be gone, you can solo all you want.
 Sylph.Okiah
Server: Sylph
user: Okiah
By Sylph.Okiah 2010-08-15 09:53:27
Link | Quote | Reply

But SE are bringing out new magians in the next update lol
 Gilgamesh.Ittoryu
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Ittoryu 2010-08-15 10:16:21
Link | Quote | Reply

you could always set up an abyssea pt with you being chest *** to leech exp.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-08-15 12:27:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Okiah said:

They will all be in FFXIV :/
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-08-15 12:33:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Sylph.Okiah said:

They will all be in FFXIV :/
That game ain't getting released next month.. It's going to be pushed back.

@OP, I would just use FFXI wiki, it may take a lot of looking around, and find something that's charmable in your level, and something that will be good to exp off of, and isn't already in a heavily populated area.. I.E. don't go by any guides because chances are it's going to be populated, find your own instead. That's what I do when I want to solo/duo but I can't find anywhere to go because camps are taken or for some reason just isn't working out.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-08-15 12:59:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope its getting released next month
By Darkestdream 2010-08-15 13:18:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Just suck it up I suppose. :S I share you're pain with the trials taking a lot of good camps. It's also frustrating when you actually want the drop from a trial NM. I have to give a lot of the people doing these trials props though, because they are very time consuming and annoying.
As far as Abyssea, I don't quite get your complaint. Is it that you aren't able to find a good party, or that you just don't want to basically NEED to go there to level?
 Asura.Saikotic
By Asura.Saikotic 2010-08-15 22:39:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm lv62 BST right now, making Abyssea parties is ridiculously stressful sometimes. I'm not gonna sit and learn how to make one JUST so I can get exp and gimp myself along with it. And, my complaint is people at same level expect to lfp and get a chest *** spot. Trying to make a lv62 party I asked no less than 10 people from 65-75, all I got was 'Abyssea only'. I've tried to be a chest *** in shouts or ongoing parties, lolbst or 'I'm the chest *** gtfo'. Of course Abyssea is a silly thing to turn down, skilling up isnt TOO bad...sometimes.

Can't make parties, can't get parties, can't willingly gimp myself, can't solo...either friends or hope you get lucky.
 Bismarck.Rinako
Server: Bismarck
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-08-15 22:43:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saikotic said:
I'm lv62 BST right now, making Abyssea parties is ridiculously stressful sometimes. I'm not gonna sit and learn how to make one JUST so I can get exp and gimp myself along with it. And, my complaint is people at same level expect to lfp and get a chest *** spot. Trying to make a lv62 party I asked no less than 10 people from 65-75, all I got was 'Abyssea only'. I've tried to be a chest *** in shouts or ongoing parties, lolbst or 'I'm the chest *** gtfo'. Of course Abyssea is a silly thing to turn down, skilling up isnt TOO bad...sometimes.

Can't make parties, can't get parties, can't willingly gimp myself, can't solo...either friends or hope you get lucky.

Most times the only way you can leech in abyssea is if
1. you make the abyssea pt
or
2. you have a friend in the group that is making it.

All other times the group is either
A. really desperate for an abyssea chest opener in which case you prolly shouldn't take it
or
B. you offer to pay some gil to leech.

Best of luck finding camps. I have a few friends that I build 'pet pts' with who don't mind having more of a grind then abyssea has. I personally enjoy exp pts over abyssea for the experience rather then mindlessly blowing through mobs with 18 people; but that's just me :x
 Asura.Saikotic
By Asura.Saikotic 2010-08-15 22:47:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I really don't like sitting in Abyssea for hours. As rewarding as it may be, by the end of my last run I actually felt the need to stimulate my brain into doing something, it's like a boring thing you're forced to pay attention to constantly. That's the worst thing ever ; ;
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-08-15 22:53:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saikotic said:
Yeah, I really don't like sitting in Abyssea for hours. As rewarding as it may be, by the end of my last run I actually felt the need to stimulate my brain into doing something, it's like a boring thing you're forced to pay attention to constantly. That's the worst thing ever ; ;

You dont have to pay attention in normal exp/meritparties? :p