Shiva.Superdan
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-08-31 06:57:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Easily taken down by pet jobs but.. Incase you don't have

I've taken down with NIN, BLU, DRK, BLM, RDM

Not saying this is the 'best' strat but..

We basically has the NIN solo it, as the AoE JAs do far too much damage too often = melee's need curaga'ing the hate goes to ***with healing. Only the NIN & BLU stayed in range, BLU didn't even melee, just head butted & tried to stop the aga's. BLM & DRK were on Stun duty & whatever else they did out of range I wasn't paying attention. I guess they light nuked when hate allowed. RDM threw NIN cures on the JA -aga's (I generally cured myself as Blu.., sometimes the nin too.. The rdm sucked -.-). Having a THF there to collaborator the healers would be nice & for TH. I actually ended up being killed due to an insta-freeze (Rather annoying how it randomly switched targets to me.. Since the NIN had been keeping hate all fight), but if that happens you can always run out of range & Cannonball DD.

I'm personally 0/4 on chain atm.

Edit: I was /thf.. If melee /nin freeze isn't a problem.
 Fenrir.Phatstackodax
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Phatstackodax 2010-08-31 08:09:59
Link | Quote | Reply

i've done it a few times with 4x bsts. it was cake. just make sure to have the sheep. only two sheep fight at a time. when 2 die, send in the other two and vice versa.
 Bahamut.Jobice
Server: Bahamut
user: Jobice
By Bahamut.Jobice 2010-08-31 10:46:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I've seen 2 x RDM/NIN duo him just kite and DoT keeping shadows up.
 Alexander.Gib
Server: Alexander
user: Gib
By Alexander.Gib 2010-08-31 10:57:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I've done it with a MNK, BRD and RDM several times
 Ramuh.Stfunoob
Server: Ramuh
user: stfunoob
By Ramuh.Stfunoob 2010-08-31 10:58:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Killed him with 4 bst easily, I got neck piece on first kill like right after release.
 Alexander.Gib
Server: Alexander
user: Gib
By Alexander.Gib 2010-08-31 11:01:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Degeneration said:
I usually go in w THF (for TH4) + COR (for beast roll) + BSTx4 for a good 5 mins to kill Bakka. Neck's rate drop is horrible!

EDITED: Someone told me they went on 0/23 >.<
is it really that bad :\

I went 1/1

trust me, my crap luck far outweighs my good luck, so don't be jealous >_>
 Odin.Hevans
Server: Odin
user: Hev
By Odin.Hevans 2010-08-31 11:18:45
Link | Quote | Reply

i've killed with friends and always let others lot. we've had 2 drops and a blm who quit a week later got the first. a friend of mine got hers next. now we're 0/10958712035867325709327502935723095720395723094723049723094723094723094720394720397432 ( no joke ). at least i have a lot of bakka wings.
 Quetzalcoatl.Degeneration
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Degeneration 2010-09-01 12:42:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Anybody knows about Bakka's weakpoint? thats gives !! above it's name.
Server: Titan
user: batboy267
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2010-09-01 13:06:59
Link | Quote | Reply

A good 6 man strat for this monster is PLD, THF, RDM, WHM, BLM and BLM

PLD and thf melee with rdm and whm suporting them. BLM's alternate on who stuns and who nukes to stop ga spells.

That's realy all there is to it. Its not a hard fight if you have a desent pld availble and blms who know how to stun lol.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [78 days between previous and next post]
 Shiva.Nayomi
Guildwork Premium
user: nayomi423
By Shiva.Nayomi 2010-11-18 18:05:22
Link | Quote | Reply

LS spams him with SAM, BLM, RDM goes down in 1-3min
By dianara 2010-11-18 18:21:16
Link | Quote | Reply

goes down in 30s with 1 mnk and 1sam using WoE WSs and basic healing.
What more of a strat do u need lol?
 Bahamut.Zoltar
user: Zoltar
By Bahamut.Zoltar 2010-11-23 18:03:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I received the Goetia Chain after roughly 30 kills, never once triggered the !!

Our strategy was 2xBST or 1xBST and 2xSMN

If you're going BST, use NurseryNazuna (lots of HP) and make sure your Call Beast timer is ready
 Shiva.Khimaira
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-11-23 18:07:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Saw it solod by a SMN yesterday using Shiva and Rush. she had average gear too, im assuming refresh atmas though
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-11-23 18:09:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zoltar said:
I received the Goetia Chain after roughly 30 kills, never once triggered the !!

Our strategy was 2xBST or 1xBST and 2xSMN

If you're going BST, use NurseryNazuna (lots of HP) and make sure your Call Beast timer is ready
I've seen DipperYuly solo it, really don't think you need Nazuna's HP.
 Odin.Trelan
user: trelan
By Odin.Trelan 2010-11-23 18:19:33
Link | Quote | Reply

got both the neck and axe in 8 fights. First 3 did as rdm/nin last 5 as bst/drk.

RDM
do not engage, blink tank, full enfeebles(had trouble sticking blind and poison), para2 with high mind locks him up. Have a macro for remedy ointments, and cure instead of recasting ichi after Bakka uses a JA. If things look bad, simply gravity and take off/heal. Concentrate on tierIV nukes and Bio2 or 3. Atma of Ambition only.

BST
Nursury Nazuma engages you stand on opposite side of Bakka in reference to your pet. Have healing salve I and II. First pet use only reward, 2nd pet use reward and healing salve to buy time for call beast timer, 3rd pet use reward and healing salve II. I would normally kill Bakka with the 3rd pet if not, call beast should be ready since you have used the healing salve II. /drk to stun bliz4/5 and blizzga4/5. Atma of Ambition only.

Soloing as bst is much smoother. As rdm/nin you may get too comfortable and get caught off guard by an aga followed by a JA. Must stay alert 100% of the time, though you will go through 3-5 minute periods of extreme ease followed by 30 seconds of dangerous recovery. As bst I could just hang out and stun/heal pet. 1/8 on neck 2/8 on axe.

If you have bst and smn together this fight is easy.
 Odin.Trelan
By Odin.Trelan 2010-11-23 18:25:19
Link | Quote | Reply

My Dipper Yuly's did not last long. Maybe with a good amount of pet eva+ this would be viable, however with his JA's doing 500~ and spells doing 1000+ I could see it costing you 20k+ in pets to do it that way. I did my bst solos with 3/5 BA 2/5 CB and 1/5 reward, no bst relic feet, and without any special bst pet stats+ gear, so a career bst will have it much easier than I did.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-11-23 18:53:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Trelan said:
My Dipper Yuly's did not last long. Maybe with a good amount of pet eva+ this would be viable, however with his JA's doing 500~ and spells doing 1000+ I could see it costing you 20k+ in pets to do it that way. I did my bst solos with 3/5 BA 2/5 CB and 1/5 reward, no bst relic feet, and without any special bst pet stats+ gear, so a career bst will have it much easier than I did.
I didn't see the entire fight, but he went ~60%-0 with one pet.
 Odin.Trelan
By Odin.Trelan 2010-11-23 19:00:06
Link | Quote | Reply

More than likely a strong stout servant/eva setup /drk. As I said, I am not a career bst, if I can do it, most other bst should be able to do it, as my single atma was only used for refresh, which could be substituted with meds and better atmas.
By dianara 2010-11-23 19:51:22
Link | Quote | Reply

You really are torturing yourselves with pet setups and mage solos.
1 mnk and 1 healer works fine. Whats more, chances of getting the chain if you trigger the blue weakness are really high...

If you do it smart and claim during blunt hour, mnk alone can do a majority of the blue triggering WSs: all of h2h, all of staff and some of club.
 Odin.Trelan
By Odin.Trelan 2010-11-24 16:22:06
Link | Quote | Reply

dianara said:
You really are torturing yourselves with pet setups and mage solos. 1 mnk and 1 healer works fine. Whats more, chances of getting the chain if you trigger the blue weakness are really high... If you do it smart and claim during blunt hour, mnk alone can do a majority of the blue triggering WSs: all of h2h, all of staff and some of club.

I got both drops just fine really. I only have cor bst rdm blm at 85 and Oclub drk at 80. bst and rdm just seemed to be my best shot at soloing. I have limited playing time and most friends are playing COD, so duo wasn't much of an option. I was simply giving options for people who would like to solo this NM with minimal resources. If you have 2 or more ppl this NM "should" be a cake walk depending on the setup.
 Bahamut.Zorander
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-11-24 16:40:36
Link | Quote | Reply

dianara said:
You really are torturing yourselves with pet setups and mage solos. 1 mnk and 1 healer works fine. Whats more, chances of getting the chain if you trigger the blue weakness are really high... If you do it smart and claim during blunt hour, mnk alone can do a majority of the blue triggering WSs: all of h2h, all of staff and some of club.
Yes because thinking outside of the box is bad. Bakka is pretty freakin easy and can be duo/trio'd with almost any combo.

SideNote: Some friends and I were killing random NM's last night and I finally got Goetia Chain to drop../goodbye Bakka you ***.

First time I've ever gotten !! Blue and 1/1 drop.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xylock
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: xylock
By Quetzalcoatl.Xylock 2010-12-03 09:45:12
Link | Quote | Reply

1/7 solo bst using 2 sheep and 1 bug for th at the end used like 6 pet food each fight. fight didnt last long took 15 min max maybe less
i forgot the atma names but 1 had regen and def+ and another 1 magic def bonus
Good hunting