Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Maat Fight
Maat Fight
 Ramuh.Bigdawgrr
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Bigdawgrr
By Ramuh.Bigdawgrr 2010-08-08 22:07:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I have seen the fights on video and saw the guide on wiki and neither seem helpful.
I attempt to use the strategies but it just seems him and his pet destroy CC and myself far too quickly, any helpful tips? :P
 Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-08-08 22:08:15
Link | Quote | Reply

This was my maat fight at 66... i highly recommend this method i used. Sec while i type it out. You can watch it in youtube in full HD fullscreen so you can better understand it.

In short sick your pet on Maat. Target HIS pet and start to fight it... you'll finish his pet off pretty easily.

After you kill it... walk up and weaponskill maat with TP leftover from the pet. Right after you do that... have your pet snarl and take hate back for the most part.

He will spawn another pet... go up and hit it... get hate... and solo it again... at this point you'll easily be in the clear.

Tips
1) Familiar (2 hour) will make your pet much stronger.

2) Use a defenseive food so that the pet doesn't hurt you so much (ie: Tavnazian Taco's)

3) Use one of the more expensive pets (ie: Chopsuey Chukky as i did)

4) Take along some high potions to spam in case he somehow kills your pet... giving you time to call beast again and try to get things back under control. Keep snarl on maat so he focuses on your pet.

5) NEVER straight fight maat.
 Shiva.Khimaira
Server: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-08-08 22:08:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Familiar, and if you do it right, I dont think he should be destroying you. Going off of videos I've seen, so I guess I can't offer experienced tips :< Good luck!
 Ramuh.Bigdawgrr
By Ramuh.Bigdawgrr 2010-08-08 22:18:02
Link | Quote | Reply

alright thanks! i guess using a mithkabob, using CC, and no opo necklece was the reason
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-08-08 22:22:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Opo-Opo necklace for TP building and a Blink Band for 3 shadows also makes the world of difference as you might have noticed/mentioned.

Good luck ;D
 Bismarck.Magnumatic
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnumatic 2010-08-08 22:29:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Clinpachi said:
Opo-Opo necklace for TP building and a Blink Band for 3 shadows also makes the world of difference as you might have noticed/mentioned. Good luck ;D

Who would have guessed that we would find you here!
 Siren.Flannelman
By Siren.Flannelman 2010-08-09 00:47:03
Link | Quote | Reply

When I did the BST Maat fight I used the same pet (antlion). 2 houred at the start, used the blink bands and opo opo necklace. But i had my pet attack Maat (just let his pet beat on your pet) and I used rampage on Maat then snarl (you could even use rampage > icarius wing > rampage > snarl). I used some pet food items to heal my pet and Maat died pretty easy.

with this method you can just go all out with an attack setup so that you kill maat before your pet dies.

also, if youre worried about your pet dieing you can wait a few mins after you call your pet. just hit snarl after you get your backup pet out.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-08-09 01:28:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Magnumatic said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:
Opo-Opo necklace for TP building and a Blink Band for 3 shadows also makes the world of difference as you might have noticed/mentioned. Good luck ;D

Who would have guessed that we would find you here!
??
 Asura.Rinkydink
Server: Asura
user: rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2010-08-09 01:54:42
Link | Quote | Reply

/em senses sarcasm
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-08-09 01:59:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh... well i guess someone has one of those random crushes on me enough to say such a thing when i have no clue who they even are.

I think they have a word for that...

In either case i mean w/e i gave my opinion/strategy complete with video and even wished the guy luck.
 Ramuh.Bigdawgrr
By Ramuh.Bigdawgrr 2010-08-17 23:16:52
Link | Quote | Reply

finally beat him woot! happier than the christmas i got a N-64...well almost as happy