Any Artist Able To Critue My Friend On Her Work?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Fan-Art » Any Artist able to critue my friend on her work?
Any Artist able to critue my friend on her work?
 Fenrir.Mankey
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-08-07 01:24:44
Link | Quote | Reply

My friend has had her art site for about a year, and lookin for some more opinions by serious/Amateur artists, so check it out ! http://osirisrealms.webs.com name is Sedian of Gilga btw Edit for lazy ppls like myself :D
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-08-07 01:27:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Totally not contributing anything useful, but Tarutaru Pie is the funniest picture ever.
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-08-07 01:38:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Her quality kinda varies, the 'FFXI works III' folder is superior in quality to the album before it. I think it depends how much time she wants to spend on each piece, they are good though she's got skill.

I'm not a professional artist just a person that sketches when I have freetime, but that's my opinion. The arm lengths and positions ect. seem just a bit off in the earlier works. Maybe tell her to spend a bit more time on some of her works.

Edit: lolwut, it's sedian? Tell her Hi.
 Remora.Gempig
Server: Remora
user: Gempig
By Remora.Gempig 2010-08-07 01:40:06
Link | Quote | Reply

critue?
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-08-07 01:51:38
Link | Quote | Reply

She loses cool points. I just read she doesn't draw hentai. :/
[+]
 Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-08-07 02:02:14
Link | Quote | Reply

She says Hai SK
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-08-07 02:12:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Tell her I've got a request.

2 football teams lined up. Sandy elves in red, and bastok galkas in blue lined up for the snap, with a taru as the football. Kind of a typical side view from behind the center's back left, zoomed out. Or something. >_>

Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-08-07 02:17:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Mithra cheerleaders
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-08-07 02:19:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Mithra cheerleaders

Yes, and this. Humes can be the fans in the stands. Wearing crowns and red for sandy team, and shoves/miners hats and blue for the bastok team lol.

Honestly, it would be quite epic. Not really requesting for it to be done for me, it's just one I WANT to see done. Would look nice on her page imo, spend lots of time on it. :P
 Sylph.Aleya
Server: Sylph
user: aleckzia
By Sylph.Aleya 2010-08-07 03:10:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't believe how much she improved in a year. Really awesome.
 Carbuncle.Nharil
Server: Carbuncle
user: Nharil
By Carbuncle.Nharil 2010-08-07 03:26:13
Link | Quote | Reply

A quick and dirty crit for her:

Going off of what she has there, she needs to really focus on human anatomy more than anything else. Anime as an art style, as distorted as it can be at times, is still based on a human structure.

Taking a figure drawing class or two, and just sketching humans every chance she gets can really help her succeed, but she is going to have to step away from anime and into real-world drawing for a while in order to see any real improvement. Her poses are on the right track but lack any real punch to them -- they all feel a bit loose, or angled in such a way that makes them a little uninteresting. On first glance it looks like she has learned to draw anime first and people second, so it would really benefit her to learn the ins and outs of anatomy before she keeps charging forward on the stylized stuff.

http://www.posemaniacs.com/ is a great resource for quick off-the-cuff human sketches. They have a number of tools that really help push learning gesture over tight poses (30 seconds per image, and just keep cranking them out until you get tired, etc.) I even saw an improvement over my own work by doing 15 minutes a day of those for about a month.

That said, keep it up! The only way to get better is to live and breathe your work.
 Unicorn.Halciform
Server: Unicorn
user: halciform
By Unicorn.Halciform 2010-08-07 03:59:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Generally her work could contribute the most from figure drawing lessons. Her renderings are improving but some of the poses/figures are a bit twisted and the dynamic feeling of pose is lost through stiff positioning. Learning some basic rules like line of action will help with that. It might be beneficial to do some silhouette practices as well, in order to learn how to make a dynamic figure read at first glance. There's actually quite a few nice things to be found on the internet concerning rules like line of action, big against small, silhouette and so on - also using reference for anatomy is never a bad idea.

That said, she's improving fast and I'm sure she'll just keep getting better.
 Valefor.Kemara
Server: Valefor
user: Kemara
By Valefor.Kemara 2010-08-07 06:09:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a college degree in Art, I believe what has already been said should be able to help out. Nharil pretty much hit the main points. I looked at the website that he posted and I am going to use it and to tell my old Professors about it, it is a very good place to learn how the body works, in pieces.

I also agree that some figure drawing classes would help. As an over all drawing, it looks great, but some parts about the body do not quite work.

Best of luck to you~
 Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-08-07 15:50:33
Link | Quote | Reply

thx for the input ppls :p
 Gilgamesh.Kudos
user: Kudos
By Gilgamesh.Kudos 2010-08-07 15:52:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Since most others have hit the nail on the head with their responses (anatomy), I wouldn't be contributing anything new...

It's great to see how much she's improved.

But, Sedian, I still can't believe you don't like sprinkles. D:
 Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-08-07 17:17:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Says her anatomy is slightly off because shes not fully used to the tablet yet. But ! Appreciates all the responses :O