Perle Really Better?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Perle really better?
Perle really better?
First Page 2 3 4 ... 10 11 12
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
Server: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-08-04 03:12:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Never had app, I did lol at not only how so many ppl were shocked at the people who used it, but the fact that ppl were trying to justify using it. All people are HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

FFXIParser was just so *** simple, you just click start and ur good to go, even the saving it fast and accessible. I think Kparser was a little more accurate though, I just hate bad interfaces.
 Ifrit.Jurai
Server: Ifrit
user: Jurai
By Ifrit.Jurai 2010-08-04 03:14:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Samuraiking said:
Never had app, I did lol at not only how so many ppl were shocked at the people who used it, but the fact that ppl were trying to justify using it. All people are HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

FFXIParser was just so *** simple, you just click start and ur good to go, even the saving it fast and accessible. I think Kparser was a little more accurate though, I just hate bad interfaces.

I think that's the one I had just never could update it to work for a long time now.

Pm SiskoPotato but never reply to me so if anyone else can tell me how get good parse plz do :(
 Diabolos.Raelia
Server: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2010-08-04 03:23:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Jurai said:
It's fun to stir up the pot and see what comes of it :D Peeps gave up too early :( I think I was being too stupid :\

But really I want to get a parse that works >< I can't get memloc for the one I used to use XD
[+]
 Phoenix.Kaeoni
Server: Phoenix
user: Malicfayt
By Phoenix.Kaeoni 2010-08-04 03:48:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I am.. pretty frustrated... and i'm only reading this.

I guess my question to you is. Would you Swap out your Askar body for Ebody If you could attain it?

If your answer is yes, which it should be, Understand this,
Ebody set Stands at:
14haste
28acc
15atk
10str
10dex
This is Wala Turban Homam hands/feet/legs Ebody (ofc)
(this setup is better IF you have Dusk+1 hands im sure)

Alternatively You have this Perle Set:
STR +22
DEX +14
VIT +10
Attack +25
Accuracy +18
Haste +14%
"Critical hit rate" +2%

Please enlighten me how 4 Double attack % beats either of these sets when CLEARLY Perle beats EBody/Homam w/o Dusk+1 hands which both Beat Askar/polegrip/Homam set. If you said yes to Ebody, How do you Justify the stat loss of EBody set Over Perle set? In Comparison, Perle's stats out class EbodySet. How exactly is the Ebody magically doing better than your 4% double attack.

If your thinking Askar body and pole grip is your end all because of double attack, you sir, on the moon.

and LOL @ Raelia's post <3
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-08-04 03:49:35
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't deserve that prince of Tennis avatar for being whoosh'd so horribly. I demand you remove it and gtfo.
[+]
 Ifrit.Jurai
By Ifrit.Jurai 2010-08-04 03:52:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kaeoni said:
I am.. pretty frustrated... and i'm only reading this.

I guess my question to you is. Would you Swap out your Askar body for Ebody If you could attain it?

If your answer is yes, which it should be, Understand this,
Ebody set Stands at:
14haste
28acc
15atk
10str
10dex
This is Wala Turban Homam hands/feet/legs Ebody (ofc)
(this setup is better IF you have Dusk+1 hands im sure)

Alternatively You have this Perle Set:
STR +22
DEX +14
VIT +10
Attack +25
Accuracy +18
Haste +14%
"Critical hit rate" +2%

Please enlighten me how 4 Double attack % beats either of these sets when CLEARLY Perle beats EBody/Homam w/o Dusk+1 hands which both Beat Askar/polegrip/Homam set. If you said yes to Ebody, How do you Justify the stat loss of EBody set Over Perle set? In Comparison, Perle's stats out class EbodySet. How exactly is the Ebody magically doing better than your 4% double attack.

If your thinking Askar body and pole grip is your end all because of double attack, you sir, on the moon.

and LOL @ Raelia's post <3

Am I really supposed to answer this? Cause even as dumb as I've been.. I feel bad reading this.
[+]
 Phoenix.Kaeoni
By Phoenix.Kaeoni 2010-08-04 03:53:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Its Kimi ni todoke!

And wow, Its my opinion and i was trying to help...
Oh well
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-08-04 03:58:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Canadians, I tell you.
[+]
 Seraph.Rafik
Server: Seraph
user: dascorp
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-08-04 03:58:05
Link | Quote | Reply

since when can drg wear ebody? This is a dragoon thread after all!!!
[+]
 Phoenix.Kaeoni
By Phoenix.Kaeoni 2010-08-04 04:04:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh ***, I See what i did there. I honestly thought Drg could wear it haha. Guess i had my Drk on the brain. My bad.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-08-04 04:11:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kaeoni said:
Oh ***, I See what i did there. I honestly thought Drg could wear it haha. Guess i had my Drk on the brain. My bad.

wat

@.@
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-08-04 04:21:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Rafik said:

It's still a damn good point tho >_>
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-08-04 04:24:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Seraph.Rafik said:

It's not a point at all because a page back OP already admitted he was trolling. If you're not gonna read at least 2 pages, don't post. That's why he's getting made fun of.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-08-04 04:28:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Seraph.Rafik said:

It's not a point at all because a page back OP already admitted he was trolling. If you're not gonna read at least 2 pages, don't post. That's why he's getting made fun of.

I've been arguing about DA gear vs other stuff so many times idk when people really troll anymore -_-
(Mostly WAR AF feet vs dusk\better shoes)
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-08-04 04:29:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Seraph.Rafik said:

I've been arguing about DA gear vs other stuff so many times idk when people really troll anymore -_-
(Mostly WAR AF feet vs dusk\better shoes)

Don't argue, backtrace their IP and kill them.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-08-04 04:29:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Seraph.Rafik said:

talked to him on skype

sadly he wasn't trolling :/

seems like a reasonably nice dude even if he doesn't get maths

[+]
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-08-04 04:31:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Seraph.Rafik said:

talked to him on skype

HAHA are you *** shitting me? You really called it right saying he was trying to save face? Someone understands haste enough to buy a blitz ring, but not enough to understand how little of an impact 4% DA is piled onto an already 5%.

I bet his askar body isn't worn for the stp but because he thinks it's amazing, I hope he never levels sam. :/
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-08-04 04:33:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Seraph.Rafik said:

talked to him on skype

HAHA are you *** shitting me? You really called it right saying he was trying to save face? Someone understands haste enough to buy a blitz ring, but not enough to understand how little of an impact 4% DA is piled onto an already 5%.

I bet his askar body isn't worn for the stp but because he thinks it's amazing, I hope he never levels sam. :/

if i had to guess, i'd say he asked someone for gear advice and followed it to the letter without fully understanding it

he did get a parser out of the deal which is a step in the right direction i suppose?
[+]
 Shiva.Daimos
Server: Shiva
user: Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-08-04 04:35:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:

if i had to guess, i'd say he asked someone for gear advice and followed it to the letter without fully understanding it

Sadly, it's what most people do.

Unfortunately I still see poor gear choices (looking at you, askar) and it's deemed "acceptable" by a large population.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-08-04 04:37:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Ahh well, either way thread is dead.
[+]
 Shiva.Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-08-04 04:38:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Make a new one, I'm bored and can't sleep.
 Ifrit.Jurai
By Ifrit.Jurai 2010-08-04 04:39:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Seraph.Rafik said:

talked to him on skype

I don't understand DA% that's why I'm asking for help with it since post 1...

I'm using Askar because it gives me 6 hit where Homam does not and I think that is better. And honestly, I bought Blitz ring because I've seen others with it and they say the most haste you can get is best. So I pair with my Rajas to keep the 6 hit they say is good.
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2010-08-04 04:39:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope Elana never levels drg past 7. I've never seen her post one coherent thing on the boards. I'm sure she will get butthurt at me for saying this like she did before, can't wait for her to post something else on my page because she can't defend herself with logic. :(

What exactly is "illogical" about this post, oh king of the feminine wash cloth, Samuraiking?:
Bismarck.Elanabelle said:
Jurai:

The gear (head/body/hands/legs/feet) in the OP and 5/5 Perle both grant 14% haste total.

The OP gear also has 13 acc, 12 att, and 5 STR.
5/5 Perle has 18 acc, 25 att, 22 STR, and 14 DEX.

Based on that comparison alone, 5/5 Perle is the better choice, hands-down.

However, for the weapon you're using (delay 492), when subbing /SAM, you need Askar Body to maintain 6-hits for 100 TP. Thus, I would keep the equipment you're using in the OP for DRG/SAM, when you are WS'ing @ 100 TP. That situation, and when you are subbing a mage job, are the only times I would use the Askar/Homam OP gear set.

If you're subbing /WAR or /NIN, you're not going to be getting 6-hits for 100 TP, in either gear set. You need to equip 8 points of STP to maintain 7-hits for 100 TP. Rajas Ring + Brutal Earring takes care of 6 STP points, but you still need 2 more. Askar Body could do that, but you'd be losing out on the acc/att/STR/DEX bonuses from 5/5 Perle. Instead, I would switch to Rose Strap and use the 5/5 Perle for DRG/WAR or DRG/NIN.

Sorry for the length of the reply. There's nothing "wrong" with the OP gear set. It's very good. It's just not optimal in all situations. If you're in a crunch for inventory space, I would understand not wanting to stock both the Askar/Homam set and the Perle set. But, if you want to get down to the technical aspects and push DRG as your main job, then use the Askar/Homam/Pole set for /SAM and /WHM, but use a 5/5 Perle/Rose set for /WAR and /NIN.

Please don't use the gear set that Rellz posted. Mixing Homam and Perle gimps your damage output somewhat. The biggest plus of using Perle equipment comes from using all 5 pieces for the total 14% Haste (there's a misprint on the helm's description). Using Rellz gear set you'd only get 13% haste, you wouldn't get 6-hit with SAM sub, nor would you get 7-hit with WAR or NIN sub. Rellz would be better off using 5/5 Perle and Rose Strap for all subjobs, unless he has Askar or Aurum Body AND Homam or Barbarossa's legs for DRG/SAM.

The advice here is based on knowledge of haste mechanics, Store TP mechanics, weapon delay mechanics, and subjob mechanics. All seems pretty logical to me. The analysis is thorough and detailed. I'm sorry if you can't be bothered to read the whole post, or if your smallish mind can't process it all, but there's certainly nothing "incoherent" about what I typed.
Have a nice day.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-08-04 04:41:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope Elana never levels drg past 7. I've never seen her post one coherent thing on the boards. I'm sure she will get butthurt at me for saying this like she did before, can't wait for her to post something else on my page because she can't defend herself with logic. :(

What exactly is "illogical" about this post, oh king of the feminine wash cloth, Samuraiking?:
Jurai:

The gear (head/body/hands/legs/feet) in the OP and 5/5 Perle both grant 14% haste total.

The OP gear also has 13 acc, 12 att, and 5 STR.
5/5 Perle has 18 acc, 25 att, 22 STR, and 14 DEX.

Based on that comparison alone, 5/5 Perle is the better choice, hands-down.

However, for the weapon you're using (delay 492), when subbing /SAM, you need Askar Body to maintain 6-hits for 100 TP. Thus, I would keep the equipment you're using in the OP for DRG/SAM, when you are WS'ing @ 100 TP. That situation, and when you are subbing a mage job, are the only times I would use the Askar/Homam OP gear set.

If you're subbing /WAR or /NIN, you're not going to be getting 6-hits for 100 TP, in either gear set. You need to equip 8 points of STP to maintain 7-hits for 100 TP. Rajas Ring + Brutal Earring takes care of 6 STP points, but you still need 2 more. Askar Body could do that, but you'd be losing out on the acc/att/STR/DEX bonuses from 5/5 Perle. Instead, I would switch to Rose Strap and use the 5/5 Perle for DRG/WAR or DRG/NIN.

Sorry for the length of the reply. There's nothing "wrong" with the OP gear set. It's very good. It's just not optimal in all situations. If you're in a crunch for inventory space, I would understand not wanting to stock both the Askar/Homam set and the Perle set. But, if you want to get down to the technical aspects and push DRG as your main job, then use the Askar/Homam/Pole set for /SAM and /WHM, but use a 5/5 Perle/Rose set for /WAR and /NIN.

Please don't use the gear set that Rellz posted. Mixing Homam and Perle gimps your damage output somewhat. The biggest plus of using Perle equipment comes from using all 5 pieces for the total 14% Haste (there's a misprint on the helm's description). Using Rellz gear set you'd only get 13% haste, you wouldn't get 6-hit with SAM sub, nor would you get 7-hit with WAR or NIN sub. Rellz would be better off using 5/5 Perle and Rose Strap for all subjobs, unless he has Askar or Aurum Body AND Homam or Barbarossa's legs for DRG/SAM.

The advice here is based on knowledge of haste mechanics, Store TP mechanics, weapon delay mechanics, and subjob mechanics. All seems pretty logical to me. The analysis is thorough and detailed. I'm sorry if you can't be bothered to read the whole post, or if your smallish mind can't process it all, but there's certainly nothing "incoherent" about what I typed.
Have a nice day.

Rose strap.
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2010-08-04 04:45:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Freakin' A ...

I mentioned Rose Strap multiple times in the god damn post.

Read.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-08-04 04:46:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Lolinsults, More HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE ***here, even more HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE ***and something about not understanding logic.

Night already pointed it out with a link, quote the full post next time, please kill yourself. You make intelligent people sad with your bad decision choices.

You want him to climb the mountain with a bike when it's cheaper to have that helicopter over there fly you to the top. Your ways and logic suck.

There is no situation aside from needing MP in soloing where his current set beats full perle, and it STILL doesn't beat full perle for dmg, he didn't ask about soloing to begin with either.

If anything you said actually made since I wouldn't bring up the fact that you are a 7drg, but since you spew *** and don't use math I'm going to kindly tell you to *** off and stop spewing ***. This is half the reason we have bad player, is bad advice. The other is stubbornness.
[+]
 Shiva.Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-08-04 04:47:51
Link | Quote | Reply

You want him to climb the mountain with a bike when it's cheaper to have that helicopter over there fly you to the top.

Lol'd irl
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-08-04 04:48:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Freakin' A ...

I mentioned Rose Strap multiple times in the god damn post.

Read.

Didnt see that >_> my bad.
Just woke up + wall-of-text = easy to miss stuff D:
[+]
 Ifrit.Jurai
By Ifrit.Jurai 2010-08-04 04:49:38
Link | Quote | Reply

This is really getting ridiculous at this point..

I might not understand fully all the 'mechanics' behind haste/att/acc w/e but I didn't know it was a crime to ask questions about them.

I guess learning is forbidden here. (Not talking about me as there were many helpful reply.)

Sorry for trying to understand my situation.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 ... 10 11 12