BST ABBYSEA? OMG?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » BST ABBYSEA? OMG?
BST ABBYSEA? OMG?
 Leviathan.Belius
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Belius
By Leviathan.Belius 2010-09-26 17:23:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Superdan, I remember 58-60 very well. I remember having to set my HP in pashow and then soloing for exp. Oh, the amount timed I died when I'd mischarm and then link with 3x on me. It was epic.

I think I dinged 59 4-5 times!
 Remora.Azildas
Server: Remora
By Remora.Azildas 2010-10-17 08:31:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it just me?? I have been in a total of two abyssea parties as BST/NIN and zero as BST/DNC. I hate having the ol' party flag up for hours and getting nothing.

Is there some new way that I'm not aware of to get into an Abyssea alliance?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-10-17 08:42:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Azildas said:

Is there some new way that I'm not aware of to get into an Abyssea alliance?
Make one yourself
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-10-17 13:04:13
Link | Quote | Reply

The new jug pets are a slap in the face to anyone that actually takes pride in their bst, and has taken the time to build good gear sets. I watched a bunch of bsts fighting an Ironclad and, granted they're not particularly hard, one sheep tanked it straight without any cures for a good minute or so, taking several tp moves and direct hits without issue. The owner of that pet had not a single piece of pet: gear. It really makes me feel sorry for people like my friend who have several different gear sets for different occasions, that a couple of gimp *** fresh 85's can kill just about anything anyway.

Having said that, I really don't understand the point of an all bst abyssea group. Your odds of getting ***from most NMs is drastically increased by activating the right !!, depending on what you need from the NM. A whole bst shell has no magic, and only axe/scythe? So basically, the odds of activating ANY !! at all are *** all and none.
[+]
 Leviathan.Gotterdammerung
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Gotterdammerung 2010-10-31 01:03:28
Link | Quote | Reply

altho the new jug pets are very strong even naked, thats hardly an arguement to neglect your gear. A fully geared bst vs a nekked bst is a drastic difference. For instance i can solo Raskovnik with one Dipper Yuly and only 6 rewards and i watched a no pet gear no reward gear full perle beast solo him using 8 dipper yuly's and over 2 stacks of pet food zeta. Gear makes a huge difference on what your pet can do how much it costs you to do it and how fast they can do it.

As to the point of an all pet group. Mostly its fun. If your worried about triggering !!'s u can always splash 1 blm for grellow. As for red !!, Bst/drk and Smn/whm covers more than half the WS list and most shells splash a thf for TH anyway so thats dagger club stave scythe sword covered.

I suppose u can try to say its not worth it because it looks easy.
But i hardly see that as a legitimate argument. There a lot of things in this game that are easy. And theres even more that looks easy but really is tricky. Neither of wich has anything to do with how much fun they are to do.
[+]