"Perfect" Gear Setups?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » "Perfect" gear setups?
"Perfect" gear setups?
 Lakshmi.Zyphos
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Zyphos
By Lakshmi.Zyphos 2010-07-27 00:14:48
Link | Quote | Reply

What do you guys think would be the best setups for:

*TP/WS against exp/abyssea/nonHNM mobs
*Pet only
*Primal Rend?

I've had several BSTs tell me several different things, from focusing on just the pet, mostly ignoring the pet, or doing a combination of the two. I was looking at gears for the combo, but I get stuck on where I would get ACC and Haste, considering I'd need at the lease a fairly large supply of both.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-07-27 00:52:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Here are my two Primary sets.

->This is what I use when fighting alongside the pet (Exp, Abyssea and even HNM)

Punisher Aguments: Occ.Atk.Twice. DMG+20

You may take notice of the Hands. I find that I pull hate a little too often with Dusk, and the -1Haste from those Perle, but +Atk/Str/Dex strikes almost that perfect balance.

About the only thing that Set needs to be perfect, is a bullwhip belt, but I fear that may result in the same issue as stated above.

Swap in Earwig Salad with PetHaste+5 and PetDMG-10% and Herder Subligar for when I'm not engaged with the pet. For that set I could do a PetPDT- Axe and maybe look to get lucky on some Augmented feet, but not really worth the effort.

->If Pet is lolded, or too lazy to recharm, or allowing pet to Regenerate with the "Stay" Command, I pull out this

Bullwhip, Relic and Absurd HQ (Dusk+1, Ebody) are the only additions that could be made to that set.

I don't feel like posting WS builds. The Rampage build is virtually identical to my DRK's Guillotine build, and Primal Rend is simple, If no MAB -> CHR.

My Advice, with the new pets, is really blend your stats. Lucky Lulush can hit for 120+ at a delay of 240, and Foot kick for 300-600 every 40 seconds or so, but if you've got the gear to back up your own damage, you can't ignore that. My favorite set is the top, and that's what you'll see me in 99% of time. It's worth stating that I have some Axe Merits and Pizza on BST.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zyphos
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zyphos
By Lakshmi.Zyphos 2010-07-27 00:54:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow, thanks. A lot more in depth than I was expecting, thanks Zic!