Question..

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » question..
question..
 Diabolos.Xeromus
Server: Diabolos
Game: FFXI
By Diabolos.Xeromus 2010-07-25 13:24:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Does the potency effect of Pluto's Staff factor in to the effect of Drain and Aspir, or would a dark affinity magic accuracy magian staff work better for Sleep/Drain/Aspir than HQ elemental?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Alexander.Nepharite
Server: Alexander
Game: FFXI
user: nepharite
By Alexander.Nepharite 2010-07-25 14:53:28
Link | Quote | Reply

It should be a +15% with pluto's.

With the higher Dark Magic skill now, Diabolos's pole might be good to use for drain/aspir if you aren't getting resist. It adds +25% to drain/aspir I think and works under Voidstorm, which gives its own bonus.

Although I'm not sure how the new ToM staves work with drain/aspir. Haven't heard of anyone testing it out yet.
By Antisense 2010-07-25 15:11:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I suspect the bonus of Diabolo's Pole might be 20% (distinct from the usual weather bonus, but can't have the bonus without dark weather, obviously), but I doubt any NA player checked the bonus in any rigorous way. One line of evidence regarding its bonus is that a 194-MP Aspir was "documented" (screenshot) in Dyanmis, which can come about via floor(floor(120*1.20)1.35) = 194.

But Diabolos's Pole isn't exactly the greatest value (considering inventory limitations), pocket SCH or otherwise.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.