Sylph.Lotusbluete
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Katniss
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-07-22 09:23:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tyroch said:
Sylph.Lotusbluete said:
well i prefer to have an equal amount of MAB + INT (mixed with MACC) on RDM. not always easy what to pick for which situation, but I think as /sch with mahatma i get less resists and my dmg is still decent, so i stick with that mostly (not talking about lower mobs, talking about HNMs etc).

I read the first line and thought you were promoting teal over mahatma. I am confused now.

Mahatma 8 INT

Teal 5 INT, 3 Magic accuracy, 3 Magic attack bonus.

My bad.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-22 09:27:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Back before I could AOE I switched arts alot since well lowering casting/recast time a tad or mp cost some didn't really do much for me on rdm so I could waste strats on addemdums if I wanted to.

Maybe once(if) we get a better 2nd support person in salvage I can stop worrying about nas and erase
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-07-22 09:28:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Its a bit difficult to play /sch, thats true, and for certain cases maybe /blm really works better, if you arent only supporting the crowd control but youre main crowd control (in my Dyna shell RDMs were only support, 1 BLM was always mainsleeper).
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-22 09:31:33
Link | Quote | Reply

You should get blu crowd control.

Seroiusly though dedicated blu... 3 sleepgas both light and dark, 2 stungas, 2 flashga and can still throw out some other cool debuffs
[+]
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-07-22 09:33:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:

Seroiusly though dedicated blu... 3 sleepgas both light and dark, 2 stungas, 2 flashga and can still throw out some other cool debuffs

well, i dont do any endgame anymore, just limbus for fun. no more time for ffxi :3
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-07-22 09:57:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Head: MND-potent Slow/Para. Stoneskin if you need...
Body: Nuke!
Hands: Decent for Slow/Para. Tied best hands for RDM (with Morrigan's Cuffs) for Bind/Grav/Sleep atm (except Master Caster Hands in latent).
Legs: Great for nuking and Bind/Grav/Sleep etc.
Feet: MND-potent Slow/Para. Stoneskin if you need...
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-22 10:09:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd rather use devotees for slow/para or if we find augurs. Still got mahatma for feet.
 Valefor.Argettio
Server: Valefor
user: Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-07-22 13:07:41
Link | Quote | Reply

The hands are morrigan's with 3 MND.

Sure Yigit/devotee are better for potent slow/para, but for silence and INT based stuff Teal are hot.

Bricta's Cuffs are obviously better, but also a lot harder to get.

IE: I completely agree with Raen :P
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-07-22 13:22:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:

The sleeps aren't long ranged though unfortunately, so having blu as sole source for crowd control in dyna is a bit risky.
By Halfpint 2010-07-22 14:09:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a full Teal set(18K curor not 30K)...I use it as my default gear in events and macro out from there. I am hitting Para and Slow more consistently (only 8 resists in Dynamis Xarcabard and those were the NM), sleeps landing regularly and SS seems to be a bit stronger. My cures are up and my overa all resists are down, in general I am pleased.

AS far as the other gear mentioned by other ppl, I have not had the luck, or the opportunity to get it.
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-08-03 08:29:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Kyhira said:
Basically, which parts of the teal set is worth it? Or is it worth it to get the whole teal set for RDM?

It doesnt look too bad with decent INT & MND paired up with MACC and MP.

And the set fast cast bonus seems pretty nice too.

I'm just talking about the avarage cure/haste/refresh situation now, not when you have to land enfeebs on a lv 276 mob and have it last for 2.25 hours.

Thoughts?

Vermi.

Teal is the last thing I would use for hatse/cure/refresh, wtf.

[+]
 Remora.Belius
Server: Remora
user: Belius
By Remora.Belius 2010-08-03 08:51:12
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're an AH RDM, where you don't have any ra/ex gears that are rdm specific, like Goliard's hands or Morrigans or mantles to land your enfeebs, Teal set is for you.

Macc > Potency. What use is a potent bind if it's going to resist?

If you have trouble with RDM macros on which to use, carry your mahtmas etc and make two 'mnd' and 'int' macros where it overloads purely on mnd+ or int+ bonuses to make your slow/para/blind/poi/ have a spectacular punch on normal and not too high level mobs.

For anything high level, use your macc gear. Your Macc macro set should have enough mnd/int with rings to make the enfeebs worthwhile.
 Remora.Belius
Server: Remora
user: Belius
By Remora.Belius 2010-08-03 08:54:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, I don't bother nuking on RDM without magic bursting anymore.

*** at your LS to tell you what SC they're going for, and tell your SAMS to macro in a 'sekka' /p line and just burst over whatever they're doing. RDM's fastcast does it so if you hit your nuke just as the SC happens, you'll burst on it with a Tier III.
 Ramuh.Yarly
user: nignog
By Ramuh.Yarly 2010-08-06 05:18:31
Link | Quote | Reply

i always thought rdm used a sword and meleed ***in dynamis, wtf is this teal set?
 Siren.Catabolic
Server: Siren
user: Catabolic
By Siren.Catabolic 2010-08-06 05:34:00
Link | Quote | Reply

teal set is not super useful for rdm besides body and legs for nuking. The rest there are better pieces for whatever it is you're trying to do.

im sorry but imo there is no sj even close to /sch for rdm @ lvl 80+ for endgame events regardless of what you primarily use rdm for(once you get used to /sch that is). light arts stoneskinga...everything else is just bonus
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-08-06 05:52:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Lotusbluete said:
I personally only use the Body on RDM, for nukes.

You could use the feet for MND boost, like when you cast Stoneskin.

Head = crap for rdm
Hands = crap
Legs = Mahatma better for rdm nukes imo

Wut.

Mahatma -> Teal feet (MP).

Head is amazing for RDM, 6 MND for slow\para.
Hands is good aswell for slow\para resist sets.
Legs are better than mahatma for nukes.
Not like RDM have a sucky amount of INT <_> Even as RDM\WHM I still have 80.

And well, body is great for nukes.
So, if you dont have mahatma feet, you can actually make use of the full set.

Edit: Beaten by a ton. Memo to self: Read full post before posting.
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-08-06 06:08:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Belius said:

Macc > Potency. What use is a potent bind if it's going to resist?

You are ignorant. There is nothing such as potency with bind. Also potency > mac for slow para unless you are really that gimp (in which case : AF body yo™).

If you are gimp/poor/can't farm endgame gear,

your BEST accuracy gear is "M.C. bracelets/wise cap/AF body/errant legs/errant feet"

your best MND set is teal head/errant boy,leg,feet,hands.

What else ?

Attempt to justify teal gear in this thread just like idiots tried to justify nyzlulz gear for rdm at 75.

Cerberus.Eugene
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2010-08-08 14:14:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Lotusbluete said:
well i prefer to have an equal amount of MAB + INT (mixed with MACC) on RDM. not always easy what to pick for which situation, but I think as /sch with mahatma i get less resists and my dmg is still decent, so i stick with that mostly (not talking about lower mobs, talking about HNMs etc).

none of its good, maybe body for nuking. throwing equal amounts of mab and int doesn't really do anything but gimp yourself.

certainly slot dependent (novio will do better than a 1/2 int earring), but in general for blm (gear dependent again) hybrid mab / int pieces are a wash in tier 4 dmg and only start to gain some ground once you hit AM2, and a higher dmg.

rdm doesn't have the dmg threshold that blm does at any tier, and the a straight intelligence piece will provide more of a dmg increase for you than in and mab. mab is a modifier percentage on the dmg you don. if you dont have the requisite dmg to make mab efficient, then you will do better with int.
 Pandemonium.Anookulchandra
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2010-08-08 14:43:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Im pretty sure i started a page similar to this.. but when i started it... it was how the teal set should be used for rdm. Pants and body only useful thing. If your a teal mage as i call it (rdms or blms full timing the set) then you either have really bad taste for town gear.. .or your just sad and need to go play a easy job. I won't say which cause i don't want to get flamed. Hat Idk some people find use for mnd enfeeble potency. I don't care for it personally. And no if your talking about fast cast, your af hat gives you more fast cast in 1 slot, than all those slots your wasting for teal full.
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2010-08-08 15:31:41
Link | Quote | Reply

friend did some number crunching and for taru rdm teal can beat it out depending on your nuking set, so scratch what i said for rdm at least.
 Pandemonium.Anookulchandra
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2010-08-08 15:40:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol a teal set can out nuke your current set? As in what naked? Only thing rdm should use for nuking in the teal is pants an body anything else is not for nuking.
By Kimble2013 2010-08-08 15:46:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Why would you use like, full teal to nuke in? Or am I misunderstand?
 Bahamut.Ivve
user: ivve
By Bahamut.Ivve 2010-08-08 15:52:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Lotusbluete said:

Well, I'm using other stuff instead ...

Head - Maat's cap
hands - Goliard / devotees+1
legs - mahatma (i use teal for nuking on my BLM tho)

as i said, i only use teal body + feet as macro pieces on rdm.

Gross, stealth bragging! Regardless, why you'd want to use goliard cuffs for your resist set instead of teal (which have 1 more macc and +3 MND as a bonus) is beyond me. Not sure why everyone's calling them garbage, but they're the step between morrigan's and bricta's. Not bad at all for something that only costs cruor, which is stupidly easy to obtain.

Every piece has a situational use for RDM. Whether or not you should get them depends on what situations you find yourself in most often and what you want to gear for.

Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-08 16:06:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope she meant goliard for say nukes.

As far as devotees+1 vs teal gloves. You are trading 3 mnd of potency for 2-3.5 macc.

Not a whole lot of macc gain using teal and generally speaking if you really needed the extra macc to land slow/para with all that mnd you can make better trades than that.
 Bahamut.Ivve
user: ivve
By Bahamut.Ivve 2010-08-08 16:24:46
Link | Quote | Reply

If that's the case, is there not a resist set? HMMMM.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-08-08 16:27:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Im still shocked the best MND minds are level 27, lol.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-08 16:27:37
Link | Quote | Reply

If I was getting resist and was motivated I'd swap in peices for more macc one or 2 at a time. Probably starting with HQ staffs then relic head, then af body then maybe the gloves. Well if I had it trial staffs first lol
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2010-08-09 21:16:29
Link | Quote | Reply

obviously i meant full teal...
cuz that makes perfect sense. teal legs vs mahatma