Byakko Duo By Mervi(aka Avesta)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » NMs » Byakko duo by Mervi(aka Avesta)
Byakko duo by Mervi(aka Avesta)
First Page 2
 Ragnarok.Titox
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Titox
By Ragnarok.Titox 2010-07-21 03:19:20
Link | Quote | Reply

http://zoome.jp/atseva/diary/26/

he soloed some VNM tier2 and Vee Ladu the Titterer too

if anyone interested to see ^^
[+]
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-07-21 03:46:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I solo VNM T2 on drk all the time, so thats not impressive at all. But byakko and Vee isnt bad.
Server: Odin
By Odin.Chazzyphizzle 2010-07-21 03:50:13
Link | Quote | Reply

lol a pinned t2 vnm, how exciting
[+]
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-07-21 03:58:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Still the same kind of dead with the same rewards
By Odin.Chazzyphizzle 2010-07-21 04:06:47
Link | Quote | Reply

didn't say it wasn't legit, did say it is a terribly boring event to make a video of
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-07-21 04:10:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Not a complete shock, I expected him solo, though I didn't know he changed his name. Love how all his macros are in english, the title text I mean.

I hate how he doesn't use windower. Does it not have japanese client support or does he just refuse to use it? I know it's not needed but ***... it would be 100x easier for him to use windower....
[+]
 Ifrit.Duanyu
Server: Ifrit
user: Duanyu
By Ifrit.Duanyu 2010-07-21 05:26:37
Link | Quote | Reply

hes just that good
[+]
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-07-21 05:28:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Chazzyphizzle said:
didn't say it wasn't legit, did say it is a terribly boring event to make a video of

Sorry thought you meant me, yea thats why i said its not too impressive.
 Ragnarok.Ahtos
user: Ahtos
By Ragnarok.Ahtos 2010-07-21 05:42:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Samuraiking said:
Not a complete shock, I expected him solo, though I didn't know he changed his name. Love how all his macros are in english, the title text I mean.

I hate how he doesn't use windower. Does it not have japanese client support or does he just refuse to use it? I know it's not needed but ***... it would be 100x easier for him to use windower....
only noobs or ppl who don´t know how to play the game w/o windower use it ^^
[+]
By Odin.Chazzyphizzle 2010-07-21 05:44:41
Link | Quote | Reply

derp
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-07-21 13:19:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ahtos said:

only noobs or ppl who don´t know how to play the game w/o windower use it ^^

lolz.
[+]
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
Server: Unicorn
user: Nympha
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2010-07-21 13:24:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't realise he was still playing, thought he'd quit years ago.

Pretty sure Avesta is a pretty common name at this point. If he had to switch servers after the merge, probably lost the name. :/
 Shiva.Lorielain
Server: Shiva
user: Atrithk
By Shiva.Lorielain 2010-07-21 13:24:30
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're using macros for anything but equipment switching, you need to learn to play.
Don't mind me, just getting 5 spells off in the time it takes you to get 4 because you wait too long between casting :3
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-21 13:32:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Lorielain said:
If you're using macros for anything but equipment switching, you need to learn to play.
Don't mind me, just getting 5 spells off in the time it takes you to get 4 because you wait too long between casting :3

wat
[+]
 Shiva.Lorielain
user: Atrithk
By Shiva.Lorielain 2010-07-21 13:34:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Lorielain said:

wat
Minor trolling. I'm bored today.
Also, I knew a few people who macroed their spells into their casting and lost ~1 second between spells because of the time it took them to switch to another macro to continue with another. Was silly.
 Ragnarok.Flippant
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2010-07-21 13:51:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Lorielain said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Lorielain said:

wat
Also, I knew a few people who macroed their spells into their casting and lost ~1 second between spells because of the time it took them to switch to another macro to continue with another. Was silly.

wat
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-21 13:53:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Flippant said:
Shiva.Lorielain said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Lorielain said:

wat

wat
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-07-21 14:17:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ragnarok.Flippant said:
Shiva.Lorielain said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Lorielain said:

wat

wat
[+]
 Phoenix.Katashuro
Server: Phoenix
user: Sephyrus
By Phoenix.Katashuro 2010-07-21 14:33:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ragnarok.Flippant said:
Shiva.Lorielain said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Lorielain said:

wat

wat
[+]
 Remora.Gempig
Server: Remora
user: Gempig
By Remora.Gempig 2010-07-21 14:46:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it really all that impressive anymore, I mean at 80 doesnt your magic accuracy go up some?
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-07-21 14:51:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Just the fact that no one has duo'd it before, but otherwise yeah a ***load more enfeeble skill ect. at 80. He hits too hard and fast to handle the resist rate at 75, but at 80 it's not very much and very manageable, with 2 any way.
 Remora.Gempig
Server: Remora
user: Gempig
By Remora.Gempig 2010-07-21 14:55:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Same thing I was thinking, solo could still be a problem, maybe.
 Leviathan.Yokhai
Server: Leviathan
user: Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-08-11 10:29:07
Link | Quote | Reply

he plays on PS2 and uses a capture card
 Odin.Upbeat
user: Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2010-08-11 10:40:48
Link | Quote | Reply

http://zoome.jp/atseva/diary/27/

This is a video of him soloing Byakko.

Also, in his VNM videos he doesn't pin.
[+]
 Leviathan.Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-08-11 11:03:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I used google translate, and they turned Utsusemi into cicada, that made me chuckle.
 Leviathan.Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-08-11 13:26:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Upbeat said:
http://zoome.jp/atseva/diary/27/

This is a video of him soloing Byakko.

Also, in his VNM videos he doesn't pin.

You don't need to pin the ones in his videos. Erebus will kill it self. And the other two are gravity-able.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-08-11 13:51:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Farming a byakko popset now, I wanna try this too >_>
Inc wasted popset(wipe)!
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-08-11 14:31:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Avesta does make this look easy, but I'm positive it's not. Honestly, I think that if you've never used blink while both your utsusemis were down, you would have to get lucky as hell in this fight. Avesta is well experienced with this dynamic and it shows. While I think that maintaining your mindset under pressure is the most important part of this fight, the gear needed is also a requirement.

Gear-wise, this takes an unprecedented amount of enfeebling and macc. This isn't like binding Faust or Zipacna, it's not even like binding Seiryu. In his comments you can see that he pushes 374 enfeebling while maintaining 94 int. PDT set, MDT set(honestly, this is probably only an optional set for this fight), Haste, and Stoneskin items.

Sure, by 99, any RDM in whatever gear could probably come out and do this fight solo, getting mostly full duration binds. But somewhere between 75-80 it just becomes possible and Avesta(again) is the first person to do it for an audience.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [75 days between previous and next post]
 Shiva.Khimaira
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-10-25 23:05:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Avesta does make this look easy, but I'm positive it's not. Honestly, I think that if you've never used blink while both your utsusemis were down, you would have to get lucky as hell in this fight. Avesta is well experienced with this dynamic and it shows. While I think that maintaining your mindset under pressure is the most important part of this fight, the gear needed is also a requirement. Gear-wise, this takes an unprecedented amount of enfeebling and macc. This isn't like binding Faust or Zipacna, it's not even like binding Seiryu. In his comments you can see that he pushes 374 enfeebling while maintaining 94 int. PDT set, MDT set(honestly, this is probably only an optional set for this fight), Haste, and Stoneskin items. Sure, by 99, any RDM in whatever gear could probably come out and do this fight solo, getting mostly full duration binds. But somewhere between 75-80 it just becomes possible and Avesta(again) is the first person to do it for an audience.

This. Only necrobumping because my friend is about to try it with my pop set ;o
 Bismarck.Nalien
Server: Bismarck
user: juro
By Bismarck.Nalien 2010-10-25 23:27:15
Link | Quote | Reply

@85 it's easy
@80 it's doable with some difficulty (slight resists with max gear)
[+]
First Page 2