Trial Element Staffs VS HQ Staffs?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » Trial Element Staffs VS HQ Staffs?
Trial Element Staffs VS HQ Staffs?
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-04 14:04:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm tempted to get a magic dmg for at least 7 of the elements and a macc one for 7 elements on top of cure potency. But yeah not that motivated lol
 Cerberus.Zandra
Server: Cerberus
user: Zandra7
By Cerberus.Zandra 2010-08-04 14:07:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Cerberus.Zandra said:
Ok after calculating it myself, if you DON'T have any merits and you bring the afv2 pants (+5% to day/weather bonus) the pants alone bring your Fire4 with obi over your Thunder4.
1. Afv2 pants is only day.
2. thunder IV has 23% more base dmg. A mere 15% from day wont top that especially at the loss of 10-14 int.

Here I'll do the math for you minus all the stuff that will cancel out like MAB, MB, MDB, or staffs. So we will just do:

D = (V + (dINT * M))day/weather

Let's say nuking thunder you have 130 int. Mob has say 90int. And worse case scenario your pants are only mahatma and your waist is only 5int waist. So on fireday nuking fire we would have 120int on fire weather no day we would have 125int.

So for thunder 4 dmg =(541+(40*2))*1= 621

On fire day Fire 4 dmg = (472+(30*2))*1.15= 611

Just fire weather fire 4 dmg = (472+(35*2))*1.1= 596

Note: Not the actual dmg you would get since staff and MAB are factored out since they will be the same regardless.

I thank you for the education but I simply forget about the other equipment you would put in the waist and legs in the absence of the obi/pants. It's still really close and you'll always grab a better dmg/mp ratio nuking with weather/day paterns than by just spaming your highest tier spell over and over again.
 Fairy.Basilo
Server: Fairy
user: Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-08-04 14:12:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Where is other good places for spiders that I can check easily? ... Been standing around whitegate few hours now... well multi tasking too but no weather has popped. Last time I had 7 attercop slept for 45mins before wind popped in thickets lol.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-04 14:14:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Basilo said:
Where is other good places for spiders that I can check easily? ... Been standing around whitegate few hours now... well multi tasking too but no weather has popped. Last time I had 7 attercop slept for 45mins before wind popped in thickets lol.
Yeah keeping them slept at low hp is the best. If you know if it is going to pop that hour or the next. I find weather around there is kinda infrequent and short. I find the tree slightly better both staffs I did for it. You can talk to Appollonia in upper jueno for a weather report. It cycles pretty frequently between water, thunder or double of either.
 Fairy.Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-08-04 14:23:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait a second... if you own several of each element staff dont they all have same name for example doesnt +4dmg +2acc agni staff have same name as +4acc +4dmg agni staff and -5perp agni staff? Soooo how would macroing correct one in work? Prolly just me having a blonde moment.
 Carbuncle.Zitale
Server: Carbuncle
user: Zitale
By Carbuncle.Zitale 2010-08-04 14:26:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Xet said:
Shiva.Kasui said:

As a RDM, I plan on doing the Macc+4 Ice, Wind, and Dark staffs for Grav/Silence/Para/Bind/Sleep.

For nuking, I'll use my HQ staves. They have less damage, but they have a healthy mix of DMG and Acc that I think is useful for any RDM to hold onto.

^

Basically all blms can swap to 1:4 and get a dark 4:1 and all rdms can get some 4:1 (if they wish). I'm on my 3rd one but iono what i want so i'm just chilling. I wanna know what meteor will be before i start pushing them out like slag in the ghetto

I'm a little confused about theses staves and the m.accuracy bonus given ...

Post say "HQ Staves are +15% potency (or damage)", and "[element] affinity: Magic Damage +4" = +25% ... are ppls assuming that "[elemental] affinity: Magic Accuracy +4" = +25%?

Wiki say that Auster's Staff hidden effect is : +15% increase in damage, and +30 Magic Accuracy for Wind Element Magic Spells
Description on Vayu's staff (Wind Trial 4:1) is: "Wind affinity: Magic accuracy +4"

If I just read description, M.acc+30 seems better then M.acc+4
Is there something I missed or misunderstood?
Thanks for explaining ^^
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-04 14:32:11
Link | Quote | Reply

@Zitale. +4 whatever element macc is alot better than 30. Supposedly +2 element was about 30.

It's just the terminology they use kinda like +4 dmg is 25%.

Best way I can think of it is +1 is NQ and +2 is HQ as dmg/macc goes. Anything above that continues to increase linearlly.

Fairy.Basilo said:
Wait a second... if you own several of each element staff dont they all have same name for example doesnt +4dmg +1macc agni staff have same name as +4macc +1dmg agni staff and -5perp agni staff? Soooo how would macroing correct one in work? Prolly just me having a blonde moment.
Corrected the numbers I think. ANd yes for right now they would have the same name just like all final staffs before were called teiwaz. They might change it they might not. For now that means only carrying one at a time.

Not that it should matter as I can't see a time you'd need alot of macc or magic dmg staff on smn. And I can't think of a an element where you really need ALOt more macc than HQ supplies and are nuking in that same element
 Fairy.Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-08-04 14:34:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Possibly for wanting an accuracy one for bind and a dmg one for ice nukes?
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-04 14:39:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Basilo said:
Possibly for wanting an accuracy one for bind and a dmg one for ice nukes?
I can't think of a situation where I'm binding on blm that HQ staff wouldn't work but another 20macc would. Hell I can't think of many situations I would have to nuke ice.

Even more so why I just wouldn't come rdm