Who's Going To Quit FFXI At The Release Of XIV?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXIV » General » Who's going to quit FFXI at the release of XIV?
Who's going to quit FFXI at the release of XIV?
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-16 11:43:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Just trying to get a general consensus on who is going to quite XI at the release of XIV?

I know I'm going to, I'm probably going to sort out everything in the month prior and then I won't pay from october onwards.

I know XI will still have quite a few die hard fans who will stay, but personally for me the thought of no new people and even less population than there is now is a giant turn off.
[+]
 Asura.Majae
Server: Asura
user: Majae
By Asura.Majae 2010-07-16 11:47:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I won't.

My computer can't even handle the game right now, and with my budget, and business being in the shitter, I doubt I'll be able to build a new machine till January.

Probably just get it on the PS3 when that launches.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-07-16 11:50:21
Link | Quote | Reply

IT'S SO FLUFFY PRETTY!
If I had the time I'd play XIV. If I was still playing XI I'd quit for it. I always like new things.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-16 11:50:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Lots of people will quit for 14, then they'll merge servers and you'll have new people and a lot of population!

But anyways personally, I should be done with MMO's the day I quit 11.

That's a good point, but imo only the hardcore players will be playing. Hardcore players generally have most jobs they plan to level up completed.

All I see from server merges is busier end-game and more elitists. I love XI, don't get me wrong, but one of the best parts of it is seeing a new person levelling in gustaberg or whatever.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Celest
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Celest 2010-07-16 11:54:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I think alot more will stick around then you think. XIV needs a fairly high end setup to run smoothly, so i think you'll see quite a few people stick around on XI til PS3 launch just due to economic constraints. 1000-1500 on a tower setup or 300 on a PS3... easy enough decision for most.
[+]
By Zekko 2010-07-16 11:55:10
Link | Quote | Reply

FF14 will be my last MMO. If it sucks i probably won't ever play another
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-16 11:55:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok slightly off-topic, but you don't need a PC worth anywhere near $1500 to play XIV.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2010-07-16 11:55:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll be playing both once I've bought a new PC that will be able to handle FFXIV. I have already ordered my Collectors Edition. ^^
 Fenrir.Tool
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-07-16 11:57:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Gonna try 14 for the first free month and get my character names of choice, try it out, then freeze my account and go back to FFXI since I'm still having fun there and wish to fulfill more before I deem myself up to the point where I am comfortable calling it quits for XI.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-16 11:57:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I've also ordered my collectors edition. I can't wait to play it from the beginning :D

Playing an MMO from the beginning is one of the best experiences ever.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Celest
By Carbuncle.Celest 2010-07-16 11:57:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ok slightly off-topic, but you don't need a PC worth anywhere near $1500 to play XIV.

True enough, but your gonna drop more than $300. I can also say that there's quite a few people that will wait for economy to stabilize and glitches to be worked out before they buy the game.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-16 12:01:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Celest said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

True enough, but your gonna drop more than $300. I can also say that there's quite a few people that will wait for economy to stabilize and glitches to be worked out before they buy the game.

It's true, I suppose it ends up being price vs dependability for me.

I've got a topish range gaming PC anyway so it's a moot point to me.

Though I'm tempted to have a little upgrade soon. I think the release of the PS3 version may destroy XI a fair bit though sadly.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Caitsith.Killyourlover
Server: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Killyourlover 2010-07-16 12:05:03
Link | Quote | Reply

All the Xbox players(most likely) will be sticking around, since we're not getting XIV. I'll be sticking around, probably until they shut it down. Even if I get a pc for XIV. Invested way too much time to just leave.
[+]
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-07-16 12:07:11
Link | Quote | Reply

It seems the survivability of XI comes down to several things:

Devout players
Remaining 360 players
Those who can't afford/don't want to upgrade PC or buy a PS3.

Hopefully the slew of upgrades up until december keeps everyone occupied enough to continue enjoying the game beyond that last update.
 Carbuncle.Celest
By Carbuncle.Celest 2010-07-16 12:07:13
Link | Quote | Reply

This for me might be my last MMO. Time is becoming tight and quite frankly the 10pm-6am marathons are a bit much for me anymore.

If I do play something it will have to be a bit more casual.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-16 12:11:19
Link | Quote | Reply

For me XI died a while a go. My social is more and more empty, I can't be bothered to do end game and levelling just feels like a time sink. It's annoying because I love this game and the people in it.

I remember when I first played the major thing I liked about this game compared to other MMO's (Runescape and Guild wars) Was the fact that everyone was so nice in XI. Recently that has changed and that's sad :(.
[+]
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-07-16 12:12:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Celest said:
This for me might be my last MMO. Time is becoming tight and quite frankly the 10pm-6am marathons are a bit much for me anymore.

If I do play something it will have to be a bit more casual.

I know FFXI isn't exactly catered or friendly to the casual players, but ultimately regardless of gameplay systematics, an MMO is what you make of it with what time you have available.

However, I do hope XIV will carry out more casual friendly works in the game beyond things like FoV and Assault.
 Caitsith.Silvaria
Server: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Silvaria 2010-07-16 12:20:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I will not be playing XIV. I will be staying with XI. I have no interest in starting up a new RPG at this point, this one is plenty fun for me, and there are still tons of things for me to do in this game. 8)
[+]
By Kwontess 2010-07-16 12:26:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I definitely wont' be quitting. I'm currently in ffxiv beta (when you're actually able to login). I have a core 2 duo system (2.66 GHz), 4GB of RAM and about a year old video card, and ffxiv just does not play. I'm getting what I would estimate is about 10-12 fps. The input lag is so horrible I can't even control my character. When I press to move it takes over a second before I start moving. When I stop pressing move I keep running for another second.

As best I can tell you have to the mouse to control the camera. I know other MMOs have gone this way too, but I like to use arrow keys and the number pad because I can control my character using one hand (insert joke here). I could live with this if the mouse input wasn't so bad (also lagged a solid second).

I loaded it on my wife's computer. She has a core i5, 4GB of ram, I know her video card is 1024 MB, but I forget the model (she built that system). It plays better, but the input lag is still frustrating. Even when you load up the title screen, its a blank white screen that just say ffxiv and has 2 buttons. It could be done in html for all its simplicity, the mouse movement has about 1/3 of a second of latency. There's no 3d going on, I don't get it. Inside the game there is just this delay. I will have to hope they fix it. She plays AION and WoW (I know I know, if she weren't so sexy I'd have to divorce her) and in AION she runs at about 110 fps (with every setting set to max). It drops to 90ish when she is in very crowded areas. FFXIV is still easily under 30 fps on mid quality. I know other people seem to have much better luck playing the game with similar systems, but so far it seems like its a resource hog. I dread doing something where I have 20 characters on the screen.

I presume a major culprit in both of these situations are the video cards as well as bugs that need to be fixed. The question is whether I want to spend a couple hundred dollars upgrading both of our computers.

Right now the answer is no. The servers time out 90% of the time you try to login. I don't see SE having this fixed in 2 months. The bigger issue is having to press a button every time you want to attack (i.e. no auto-attack). This negates the ability to chat with friends and ls while doing any sort of combat, no matter how basic. Maybe I'm missing something, I haven't had much time to play around with it because the servers are always down.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-16 12:28:39
Link | Quote | Reply

You have to remember it's a beta though, you've got to expect bugs and basic GUI's in a beta.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Ricco
Server: Lakshmi
user: Ricco
By Lakshmi.Ricco 2010-07-16 12:28:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I know I will be FFXI has really lost me with the last update I don't have an interest in taking all my 75s to 80 or even 99 when that happens. This game has gone from a game to me to feeling like a job. This game has given many great memories which I'll always have :) brightside most people I know are coming to 14 as well so I'm looking forward to it.
By Kwontess 2010-07-16 12:41:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I know its beta. I know there are bugs. The question is, can SE fix them in 2 months? The combat system is not a bug, its how its designed. Will they revamp it also in 2 months? I'm not trying to just be a hater. Its a beautiful game. I also really like having a last name (my wife and I can have the same, it sounds like a little thing, but its a nice touch). I can't stress enough how beautiful it looks. But, its effectively unplayable on one of my computers and only playable on the other if there is almost nothing going on. Will that be fixed in 2 months? I don't see it happening. I'll be playing beta up until the release tough, so if they fix it I'll change my stance.

But, it still leaves the issue of combat. I know some people like it, I just don't. I had higher hopes. I mean I go to fight a mob and I sit there 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2. If I stop doing that my character just stands there staring at the mob while getting smacked. I can't type to anyone while fighting. I don't want to do events where I can't send off a tell to someone or say something in ls because my character will stop swinging. I realize the defenders will say there is ventrillo and you can do some sort of voice chat, but I don't think I should have to.

All these people I know are ready to quit ffxi for ffxiv and they haven't played it for even a second. My experience has been purely negative of ffxiv and I wanted it to be positive. Can SE eventually fix all of this stuff? Yes, but I just don't see it happening in 2 months. Maybe I'm wrong.
[+]
 Asura.Rule
user: Rule
By Asura.Rule 2010-07-16 12:46:18
Link | Quote | Reply

i hope they give a special price for people who want to play both. I can't quit my ffxi character as he is now an extension of me but /drool at a new experience with better graphics and more solo based gameplay
By Zekko 2010-07-16 12:52:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
I've also ordered my collectors edition. I can't wait to play it from the beginning :D

Playing an MMO from the beginning is one of the best experiences ever.

Unfortunatly it probably won't. The "magic" of MMOs has died.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Ricco
Server: Lakshmi
user: Ricco
By Lakshmi.Ricco 2010-07-16 13:17:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I have played it though :P I do agree with you on the battle system though that is one drawback but the experience to start over again with not as many epeen strokers will be quite refreshing lol
 Asura.Clairxi
user: elisexi
By Asura.Clairxi 2010-07-16 22:02:28
Link | Quote | Reply

If i quit playing ffxi i'm done. I love the graphics on ffxiv, but i don't like what i'm hearing about it. Guess i'll wait and see what happens, when more people start playing it.
[+]
By chichi 2010-07-16 22:15:16
Link | Quote | Reply

ff14 is it for me that is last mmo I will ever play. I really hope they don't ruin it like they did 11 near the end of its life with augments galore among other things.
 Cerberus.Vraelia
Server: Cerberus
user: Vraelia
By Cerberus.Vraelia 2010-07-16 22:19:24
Link | Quote | Reply

FF11 for life. Enough said. Screw FF14. lol

Or FF won't matter when or if I move in with my BF. lol :P
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5