Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-14 11:28:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Mp gear will only be of use at the start and during convert. And only assuming you over all are running out fast enough to even need to convert in the first place. Potency would help you more really. Hell if you are doing that serious of healing -emnity would probably be more useful
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Daleterrence
Server: Asura
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2010-07-14 11:32:05
Link | Quote | Reply

In Abyssea in particular, you can always spend a bit of Cruor to get the max MP boost.
[+]
 Hades.Eliane
Server: Hades
user: Eliane
By Hades.Eliane 2010-07-14 11:32:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Max MP only helps with the first few cures after maxing your MP either from convert or resting. Afterwards it is better usually to just Cure in Enmity-.

I tend to Cure IV in as much enmity as possible.
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-07-14 11:39:12
Link | Quote | Reply

In Abyssea, -enmity isn't really a necessity. Unless of course you're one of those people that drops cure bombs at the start of a fight.

The mobs die so fast and the melee DD have so much hate on them for such a short period of time, you shouldn't be pulling hate at all with cures.

I do agree though that if all you like doing is curing, potency is the way to go.
 Sylph.Chrisstreb
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Chrisstreb 2010-07-14 11:40:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Aside from Roundel Earring (which by no means is cheap), or the Cure Potency Torque (too lazy to look at specific name), the Magian Cure Staff @Lv.80 gives +17% Cure Potency (15% @75), otherwise most of the gear that gives +Cure Potency comes from the Add-On Equips
 Leviathan.Webjester
Server: Leviathan
user: Webjester
By Leviathan.Webjester 2010-07-14 11:44:07
Link | Quote | Reply

OP: You may just want to do a bit of research using the Advanced Search Feature on the site:

http://www.ffxiah.com/item_search.php?adv=1

It will allow you to narrow down your search by slot, job, level, description, etc.

Also, I agree with the above commenters, once that Max MP is gone, you're better off macroing in +MND or +Cure Potency.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-14 11:55:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Well by potency I didn't mean just stuff that says cure potency. Meant mnd and to a much lesser extent skill/vit too.

As a rdm generally you should get more hp cured from that then mp gear if you more or less full time both. Especially if you have conserve mp gear/trait. Refresh gear. And really useful /sch.

More cures often doesn't mean more cured. Though the best would be to start in it then switch out when you get lower. Unless you are spending mp about as fast as you use it overall then just stick with potency/conserve mp/-emnity etc

anyways http://myffxigear.kicks-***.org/
 Leviathan.Webjester
Server: Leviathan
user: Webjester
By Leviathan.Webjester 2010-07-14 11:58:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Agles said:
you tried using that? its kinda broken. was trying to use it before i made this post
its useless for looking up stuff by stat. unless your just looking for within a lvl or looking for a weapon.

I use it all the time, one of the best features of the site IMO.

I'd imagine looking for MP+ or Converts HP to MP gear is more difficult to search for, however, if you limit it by by level and slot, you'll find your results much more manageable.

i.e.

Job: RDM
Slot: Finger
Level: 10-20
Description: MP

This search returns 11 results. Hope this helps you in your search.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Serano
Server: Asura
user: Serano
By Asura.Serano 2010-07-14 14:30:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Agles said:
well do to abyssea. im back to rdm, only till i can find someone else to heal. anyhow, im only there to heal and such. so im not looking for nuking or major enfeebling gear. just trying to keep people alive. which in the past, i have felt the more mp, the more cures i can use. anyhow, looking to find out what gear i should be using to get the most mp. without spending a year in and endgame ls. any help will be great. ='.'= Agles
umm......
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [32 days between previous and next post]
 Siren.Catabolic
Server: Siren
user: Catabolic
By Siren.Catabolic 2010-08-15 11:13:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Agles said:
well do to abyssea. im back to rdm, only till i can find someone else to heal.

anyhow, im only there to heal and such. so im not looking for nuking or major enfeebling gear. just trying to keep people alive. which in the past, i have felt the more mp, the more cures i can use.

anyhow, looking to find out what gear i should be using to get the most mp. without spending a year in and endgame ls.

any help will be great.

='.'=
Agles

Without endgame gear, merit up your mps. Then you can mostly focus on MND gear. Forest Rope and Penitents Rope are both must haves. Mahatma feet are also. /sch @80 is totally crazy once you become comfortable with it as a SJ.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-08-15 14:17:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Catabolic said:
Forest Rope and Penitents Rope are both must haves.

I'm confused, why both?
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-15 14:35:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Hitetsu said:
Siren.Catabolic said:
I'm confused, why both?
I'd say P rope for general casting and since they clearly wont be taru forest for better converts. At least I hope that is the reason.
 Siren.Catabolic
Server: Siren
user: Catabolic
By Siren.Catabolic 2010-08-19 05:53:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Sylph.Hitetsu said:
Siren.Catabolic said:
I'm confused, why both?
I'd say P rope for general casting and since they clearly wont be taru forest for better converts. At least I hope that is the reason.

yea. Forest for the mps/convert then switch it out for Penitents. Penitents is also a great belt for enfeebling.

edit. opps sorry in your case Agles being a mithra you would want the Jungle Rope instead of the Forest Rope. Sry for the confusion. It's the same reason for having it as the forest rope though.