users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » Ukonvasara
Ukonvasara
 Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind 2010-07-10 03:28:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, ive been keeping up with the magian great axe trial for high dmg, but now im stumped as to where to find the elusive item known as "Glavoid Shell". It say it drops from the notorious monster "Glavoid" of Abyssea - Tahrongi and that its lvl 75 but what type of mob is it categorized under. Is it a roaming NM, or one that you pop from collecting certain items from other mobs. Warriors and other jobs that need this item share your info if you find out where the creature dwells, thank you.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-07-10 03:32:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind said:
Ok, ive been keeping up with the magian great axe trial for high dmg, but now im stumped as to where to find the elusive item known as "Glavoid Shell". It say it drops from the notorious monster "Glavoid" of Abyssea - Tahrongi and that its lvl 75 but what type of mob is it categorized under. Is it a roaming NM, or one that you pop from collecting certain items from other mobs. Warriors and other jobs that need this item share your info if you find out where the creature dwells, thank you.

It's a second-Tier NM in Abyssea-Tahrongi. It likely requires two or more key items, however, that's just a random guess.

Carabossa Requires Two Key items
Fistule is always up, but requires you to Link another NM (And only that NM) with it to fight.
Glavoid, That's anyone's guess.
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-07-10 04:53:44
Link | Quote | Reply

If you thought 6x tier 2 VNM were a pain in the ***, they just upped the *** with next stages of magian.

The weather kills aren't much better though tbh. I'm trying to get most of the high dmg weapon drops that I can so I can avoid most of the magians and only focus on the ones I NEED. :/

Got off topic sorta, gl with ur Gaxe I hope you find out how it's popped, I'd assume it's a crab and KA style fight or so.
[+]
 Alexander.Xgalahadx
Server: Alexander
user: xgalahadx
By Alexander.Xgalahadx 2010-07-10 05:48:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone have this Gaxe yet? I'm really interested in seeing if it is blunt or slashing.
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-07-10 05:55:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Xgalahadx said:
Does anyone have this Gaxe yet? I'm really interested in seeing if it is blunt or slashing.

Do any other magians have weapon types that aren't normally associated with that type of weapon? I'd assume slashing personally.
 Alexander.Xgalahadx
Server: Alexander
user: xgalahadx
By Alexander.Xgalahadx 2010-07-10 06:02:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Samuraiking said:
Alexander.Xgalahadx said:

Do any other magians have weapon types that aren't normally associated with that type of weapon? I'd assume slashing personally.
The reason I think it might be blunt is well it's a hammer. lol
 Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind
By Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind 2010-07-10 12:50:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah thats what puzzles me, why make certain Empyrean weapons easier to obtain then others shouldnt the requirement be equally as difficult?
 Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind
By Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind 2010-07-11 03:05:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Well there is also another mystery the sandworm mobs in Abyssea - Tahrongi, dont have a listing of what they drop, are people avoiding this mob because it too much of a hassle to kill. Ill condult some research on these guys to if they have any relation to the NM i need for my GA.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kyrial
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial 2010-07-11 03:57:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind said:
Well there is also another mystery the sandworm mobs in Abyssea - Tahrongi, dont have a listing of what they drop, are people avoiding this mob because it too much of a hassle to kill. Ill condult some research on these guys to if they have any relation to the NM i need for my GA.
While you're checking out their drops (if there are any), check out the wyrm mobs (Nauls) too. They're found at E8-E9, behind the mountain range. I'm curious as to their drops.