Is Dyna Worth Doing Anymore?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Dynamis » Is Dyna worth doing anymore?
Is Dyna worth doing anymore?
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-07-08 13:49:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
You seem to think THF af2 hands are the only worthwhile piece in dynamis... you are HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE if that is true.
Well since myself and Spicyryan are trying to prove the exact opposite, I can only deduce that you're speaking purely to perpetuate a needless debate over nothing.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Titan.Elevan
Server: Titan
user: Elevan
By Titan.Elevan 2010-07-08 14:00:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Elytonas said:
As long as it's boring it's never worth it.

haha I agree. For one Dynamis is the most boring thing in FFXI. Well maybe exp parties are more boring...The concept of it is decent but it's poorly executed.

Do I think it's still worth doing for what you can get out of it? Sure. The armor is still decent tho by now you can easily find easier/more fun ways to get armor just as good if not way better ever since Assault armor came out. Or look at Nyzul Isle, Campaign armor, and now Abyssea.

It used to be that the only armor in the game better then dyna gear was sky,sea, or HNM stuff, now theres crap all over the game you can get in much more fun ways then the garbage Dynamis event.

I would only recommend doing dyna if you don't have to wait so long to get gear, or freelot runs.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Fenrir.Schutz
Server: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2010-07-08 14:13:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it will be worth doing in the near-term, if only as a big giant skillup party. :p
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-07-08 14:18:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Dracionx said:
if anything they will focus more on outlands for like gear and money. most of dyna gear is ***, but people really do dynamis for the relic and money profit. I think linkshells will continue to do dynamis an during the 99 cap, they will split zones and lowman. People do that now.

I wonder if they start to lowman these areas, the pile up will be on the applications for the zones???

Man It'll be flooded for times.. I mean!
 Fenrir.Schutz
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2010-07-08 14:20:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Neonracer said:
Cerberus.Dracionx said:
if anything they will focus more on outlands for like gear and money. most of dyna gear is ***, but people really do dynamis for the relic and money profit. I think linkshells will continue to do dynamis an during the 99 cap, they will split zones and lowman. People do that now.
I wonder if they start to lowman these areas, the pile up will be on the applications for the zones??? Man It'll be flooded for times.. I mean!

At least the Dreamzone Dynamii areas are limited by time (1-2 hours) so hopefully they won't be plugged up quite as long as city/ice zones might be.
 Phoenix.Icephase
Server: Phoenix
user: Icephase
By Phoenix.Icephase 2010-07-08 14:21:29
Link | Quote | Reply

you may find that some areas like abyssea will offer gear
.. i'm gonna reckon simular to campaign but honestly.. if the
gossip turns out right salvage/nyzle/dyna won't be dead .
I reckon they will make the items there top performance gear..
up to 99

and as they did with campaign, the abyssea stuff for points will limit to 85 max

-- i don't think you'll get level 99 stuff so easily as spending 16-30k in points ???? in abbysea by farming rabbits.

--- and the upgrade of abyssea +1 perle etc will probably be an added 5 levels <85 max> like they did to relic and relic+1

i'm sure SE wont let those people who have af+ and relic+ down
by making them obsolete..

ice xx
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-07-08 14:22:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Siren.Enternius said:
Assassin's Armlets are extremely overrated. The difference between TH3 and TH4 is almost nonexistant.

If your lvl 99 and You can low man it.. Those I wouldn't mind,

I was told that around lvl 74 Beast get Th2???

How does that come into effect and why???

beast???

Th???

/confused
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-07-08 14:34:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Neonracer said:
Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Siren.Enternius said:
Assassin's Armlets are extremely overrated. The difference between TH3 and TH4 is almost nonexistant.

If your lvl 99 and You can low man it.. Those I wouldn't mind,

I was told that around lvl 74 Beast get Th2???

How does that come into effect and why???

beast???

Th???

/confused
New ladybug pet is a THF.
Shiroi said:
95% of dynamis gear was garbage before the level cap increase.
QFT
Quote:
Relic weapons got an upgrade, they will get another one next level cap increase so it stays on the top.
Relic upgrades will grind to a near standstill in the next few months. We're already at 1500 kills and another 5000 WS killshots (which statistically is 5263 kills before accounting for accidental non-WS kills via relic proc or weak WS damage) and I can only assume that number will increase in the next few months. Aegis and GHorn may get a pass since they still have no trials, but the work to just make the weapons viable after the effort of upgrading them to begin with is inane.
[+]
 Bismarck.Osaia
Server: Bismarck
user: Osaia
By Bismarck.Osaia 2010-07-08 14:34:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe they get a treasure hunter jug pet. my friend used it last night in abyssea.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Theringer
Server: Asura
user: Theringer
By Asura.Theringer 2010-07-08 19:50:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Triet said:
Siren.Enternius said:
TH is non-existant. SE just put the text under the Job Traits so THF would get party invites.

I believe you! But meh, TH4 or not.. I see it this way: it's 50/50.. It drops or it doesn't.
 Hades.Neverslip
Server: Hades
user: Nevers
By Hades.Neverslip 2010-07-08 19:59:22
Link | Quote | Reply

DNC relic gear is also very worthwhile for the job. But no one wants DNC in Dynamis =P
...Even though we are golden godz... in purple tights and ruffles...

\('o')/
[+]
 Shiva.Lorielain
Server: Shiva
user: Atrithk
By Shiva.Lorielain 2010-07-08 20:07:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Neverslip said:
DNC relic gear is also very worthwhile for the job. But no one wants DNC in Dynamis =P
...Even though we are golden godz... in purple tights and ruffles...

\('o')/
Mmm...delicious. Cute males and beautiful females, always in lace, ruffles, and tights!
Count me in! <3
That said, when we hit 99, I fully expect to be able to solo dynamis.
 Siren.Catabolic
Server: Siren
user: Catabolic
By Siren.Catabolic 2010-07-08 21:28:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Dyna mobs are lvl 80+. Sure you can lowman dyna now. If you like taking a loss from what you pay for glass. Easy con to 75 is about lvl 58-59. Dyna mobs wont start to become easy cons until ppl are about lvl 91+ Even then if you've done dyna you know its pretty rare to pull 1 mob alone. gl with adds.

Dyna will never be outdated. Alot of the gear is great for macros for all jobs. Some pieces are worth having on 50% of the time plus. SE is also adding new dyna zones and AF3's. Dyna is FF11's baby. It is a true representation of what the game was founded on. Teamwork. It would stay relevant just the way it is now, but its gonna become even more valuable within the next couple updates.
[+]
 Cerberus.Savannah
Server: Cerberus
user: Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2010-07-08 21:35:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Neverslip said:
DNC relic gear is also very worthwhile for the job. But no one wants DNC in Dynamis =P ...Even though we are golden godz... in purple tights and ruffles... \('o')/

I want dnc....but my pieces I need never drop ; ; lol
 Cerberus.Excelior
user: Excelior
By Cerberus.Excelior 2010-07-08 21:47:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I just want to say if you still continue doing dynamis, be sure to use the dynamis calendar. Come on guys.
[+]
 Cerberus.Savannah
user: Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2010-07-08 21:56:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Excelior said:
I just want to say if you still continue doing dynamis, be sure to use the dynamis calendar. Come on guys.

i lol'd >.>
[+]
 Phoenix.Airbag
Server: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-07-08 21:57:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Excelior said:

LOL
[+]