Is Dyna Worth Doing Anymore?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Dynamis » Is Dyna worth doing anymore?
Is Dyna worth doing anymore?
First Page 2
 Phoenix.Venjegol
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: venjegol
By Phoenix.Venjegol 2010-07-08 11:28:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Just a thought... now that the levels have been and will continue to be raised, do you guys feel there is any real reason to gush out 500k for a glass to get armor or even weapons that could very easily become mediocre at best? I understand that level 99 is not here yet, but it will be, and I'm sure some of the gear that will come out will be much better than most of the End-Game stuff now. Again.. just a thought.
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-08 11:30:17
Link | Quote | Reply

As long as it nets a profit, it'll be worth doing.
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-07-08 11:30:47
Link | Quote | Reply

A lot of Relic gear give bonuses to job abilities, which make great macro pieces. I doubt people will stop in all.
[+]
 Diabolos.Sephirothforbes
Server: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Sephirothforbes 2010-07-08 11:32:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Still gonna be people willin to pay 200mil in currency for weapons too, so i dont think it will stop, when there still relics people give there lives for.
 Cerberus.Dracionx
Server: Cerberus
user: dracionx
By Cerberus.Dracionx 2010-07-08 11:32:47
Link | Quote | Reply

if anything they will focus more on outlands for like gear and money. most of dyna gear is ***, but people really do dynamis for the relic and money profit. I think linkshells will continue to do dynamis an during the 99 cap, they will split zones and lowman. People do that now.
[+]
 Sylph.Bazinga
Server: Sylph
user: Failcard
By Sylph.Bazinga 2010-07-08 11:34:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I Agree with Krizz as long as it makes money people will still be doing it. Plus there will be some gear that some people will still want. Assassin armlets for example.
[+]
 Phoenix.Zeotah
user: Zeota
By Phoenix.Zeotah 2010-07-08 11:35:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Only a handful of the drops from there are really sought after still (THF hands, RDM, BLU, DRG heads, BLU body to name a few). I don't see stuff like RDM hat ever being obsoleted.
 Ramuh.Herrmann
user: Herrmann
By Ramuh.Herrmann 2010-07-08 11:35:22
Link | Quote | Reply

What haseyo said. There's so much unique gear in dynamis.

Saotome Kote, tons of pieces from xarc, Sorcerer's Tonban, Valor leggings, just to name a few that i have wanted in my career.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Icephase
user: Icephase
By Phoenix.Icephase 2010-07-08 11:44:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure but gossip flies... some are saying that the new levels will see af upgrades to level 99 and relic+2 +3 +4 etc etc
who knows.. perhaps we will see new gear dropping to upgrade relic+1 with the coin trading system as in relic+1 to relic+2,3,4 and beyond.

If they did this then dynamis wouldn't become dead... maybe even entirely new pieces ?? o.o

lets wait and see..
XD ice :)

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Aliceisback
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Aliceisback 2010-07-08 11:47:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Phoenix.Venjegol said:
Just a thought... now that the levels have been and will continue to be raised, do you guys feel there is any real reason to gush out 500k for a glass to get armor or even weapons that could very easily become mediocre at best? I understand that level 99 is not here yet, but it will be, and I'm sure some of the gear that will come out will be much better than most of the End-Game stuff now. Again.. just a thought.
If you were not a job like RDM, SMN, PUP, and so on then it was never worth doing in the first place. Jobs like THF, WAR, RNG, SAM, and so on. Never had to do dynamis besides some situational pieces. Yes I am including the THF hands in the not needed category.
Comming from the thief with no assassin's armlets lol. RNG has Scout's socks, SAM has Meditate hands. hmmm.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-07-08 11:50:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Assassin's Armlets are extremely overrated. The difference between TH3 and TH4 is almost nonexistant.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Hades.Triet
Server: Hades
user: Sirseiko
By Hades.Triet 2010-07-08 11:53:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
Assassin's Armlets are extremely overrated. The difference between TH3 and TH4 is almost nonexistant.
TH is non-existant. SE just put the text under the Job Traits so THF would get party invites.
[+]
 Odin.Mikumaru
Server: Odin
user: Mikumaru
By Odin.Mikumaru 2010-07-08 12:04:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Relic weapons are still on the top tier of DD type weapons . this last update saw not nly the Lv Req. go from 75 to 80 but the stats also changed . Chances are this will be the case with the Lv90 and again Lv99 . So this makes Dynamis worth doing since the drop rates havent changed (again) . I agree that some pieces will be macro pieces for some jobs and other pieces will be junk . With the last update having a few obvious Macro pieces (STR+9 Store TP-7 as an exmpl)i am sure this will continue .
As a career SMN , since currently the only non-relic piece that gives -BP timer being the YYR and some silly Fenrir Hat (-4 BP same as Relic +1 at a higher Lv tho ,the Fay Crozier too but you gotta get lucky , amirite) i can say until they make more gear with -BP on it , Summoner Relic will be still be in demand .
 Siren.Kuz
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2010-07-08 12:04:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't forget Commodore Tricorne in the list of items still wanted from Dyna.
Drop rate IS good... but still... an excellent piece and not to be passed up.

Post deleted by User.
 Caitsith.Judaine
Server: Caitsith
user: Judaine
By Caitsith.Judaine 2010-07-08 13:13:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:

You say that, but the difference between TH3 and TH4 is killing the mobs 3 times and killing it 4 times.
[+]
 Fairy.Maimed
Server: Fairy
user: Maimed
By Fairy.Maimed 2010-07-08 13:18:03
Link | Quote | Reply

The difference between TH3 and TH4 could be an extra ridill or two any given year.

Yes it's possible to get awesome drops with no TH, and it's very possible to get ***for drops with an alliance full of TH4 thieves. But if you play the numbers over a large sample size, TH4 makes a difference. It may not seem significant to you, but the guy who gets the ridill, D.ring, etc... it made a difference.

I wholeheartedly agree with the idea that dynamis gear will not be useless because most of the gear offer bonuses to job abilities which make them great macro pieces, at the very least.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-07-08 13:28:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes it is worth doing.

Post deleted by User.
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
Server: Unicorn
user: Nympha
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2010-07-08 13:33:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ehh, still could mean the difference between killing the mob 3x and killing it 4x, depending how lucky you are.
 Fenrir.Elytonas
Server: Fenrir
user: Elytonas
By Fenrir.Elytonas 2010-07-08 13:33:40
Link | Quote | Reply

As long as it's boring it's never worth it.

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Enternius
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-07-08 13:44:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Superstition has a tendency to throw things way out of proportion. If you have a friend with TH3 helping you kill Kreutzet, and it doesn't drop a Sirocco Kukri, then you have a different friend with TH4 next time it pops, and it does drop, you'll think TH4 is 100% better than TH3.

The difference is something like 5% (Just read that in a blog once, nothing to back it up). That doesn't mean a 5% drop rate is now a 10% drop rate. That means a 5% drop rate is now a 5.25% drop rate.

Yes, over time, you will have more drops, but on average that's one more drop every 400 kills.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-07-08 13:47:07
Link | Quote | Reply

You seem to think THF af2 hands are the only worthwhile piece in dynamis... you are HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE if that is true.
[+]
First Page 2