users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » KJ fail
KJ fail
 Fenrir.Mankey
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-06-29 19:48:59
Link | Quote | Reply

STR and attck does a whole lot when you miss the mob right? As I stated be for I posted my WS sets, KJ is ONLY HNM, why would you use it otherwise when WAR has RR? :O
 Seraph.Rafik
Server: Seraph
user: dascorp
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-06-29 19:50:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mankey said:
STR and attck does a whole lot when you miss the mob right? As I stated be for I posted my WS sets, KJ is ONLY HNM, why would you use it otherwise when WAR has RR? :O

if you doing hnm you eating pizza
 Seraph.Rafik
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-06-29 19:55:01
Link | Quote | Reply

zulu still around and were you in it?
 Asura.Solara
Server: Asura
user: solara
By Asura.Solara 2010-06-29 19:55:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, KJ screen shots as promised. All from the same party on 12.14.2009, to avoid claims of cherry picking or being 75+ for the sake of the previous math. I used full shots to show that none are done with 2hr or unreasonably powerful buffs. Using meat kabobs, nothing else worth using at birds.

This one isn't particularly high, just posting for the KJ=1337 factor, lol.

[+]
 Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-06-29 19:55:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Pizza doesnt give you 100% acc on EVERYTHING, now old HNMs you probably don't even need pizza tbh on HNM because of the lvl cap with proper buffs, so who knows
 Leviathan.Aneu
Server: Leviathan
user: Luz
By Leviathan.Aneu 2010-06-29 21:28:31
Link | Quote | Reply

You can cherrypick screenshots even while showing you didn't use special buffs for the weaponskills. Multiple DA procs is obvious and TP return cannot be read in those screenshots. You can't pass multiple DA proc damage as consistent damage.
 Sylph.Akibakei
Server: Sylph
user: Akiba
By Sylph.Akibakei 2010-06-29 21:31:43
Link | Quote | Reply

There is nothing be posted that's abnormal. That's pretty normal for KJ. Of course some hits will go for 800 and some for 1500+ and return the same TP.

I still think KJ has some kinda hidden critical ratio.
 Valefor.Welfare
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Welfare 2010-06-30 00:41:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Folks let's try to avoid arguing, and stick with posting what we do know for fact. If it has to be argued, then it is obvious that one party doesn't "fully understand" one aspect of it but that hardly makes them a bad person.

The point of this is to help the OP understand better as to why their KJ isn't doing so hot.
Posting all about "elite" gear that they haven't the time to get right now, isn't going to help.

I propose we offer some easier, quicker solutions. While they might not be the very best choices, they will still be better than what is currently there. It is in this way that we can help them, and in this way only.
Doing so, makes them a better asset for us as we fight next to them and depend on them for those higher numbers.

I've noticed that between my first post on this thread, and this post, the question has arisen as to why attack was chosen over str.
I personally prefer Warwolf belt but as I explained in my other post, that is because I have multiple other jobs that use it and I believe more-so in pushing the str/dex+5 on my WSs that only have 2-3 hits, as opposed to pushing attack+ on those WSs that have 4+.
Both choices would however, be an improvement so neither of you is "wrong" perse.

Anyways, sorry for repeating myself - I know that's frowned upon. Please scroll back to my other post for any reference.

Edit: Do keep in mind this is a good OP, unlike some threads that inquire as to why a ranged WS isn't hitting the target. I would think that the concept of needing more ranged acc. in that sense would be fairly obvious and not worth creating a thread over.
This, however, is not the case here.
 Seraph.Rafik
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-06-30 00:50:12
Link | Quote | Reply

The OP should put some more accuracy in his KJ set and see how it does. Gradually change the accuracy gear for more strength gear if you see an improvement. Basically play around with it and see which one gives you a better result.

Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-06-30 00:55:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Parse it and don't eyeball it
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-06-30 01:05:25
Link | Quote | Reply

OP should invest in some Exorcist's hose, Forager's mantle or Amemet+1, Bomb Core and eventually Fire Bomblet and a new GA. If you get Sea (incredibly easy now) you can get a Sea Gorget for 10 extra accuracy, it's not difficult at all if you know someone who can blink tank an Ul'Yovra and a RDM or WHM with a BRD to support them. This makes it incredibly easy. As for feet you can get Perle until Hecatomb because Abyssea cruor farming is easy with a few people and you can get them after a few runs generally.

Leviathan.Aneu
Server: Leviathan
user: Luz
By Leviathan.Aneu 2010-06-30 09:15:00
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not that we're saying ATT>STR, it's that lack of ATT hurts. This isn't a single-hit. 3-hits is multi-hit and needs ATT for consistency and PDIF purposes. People who are mod crazy and pay no respect to ATT need to go play SAM. People remarking that the ATT posts won't help but not noting lack of bomb core, ATT back, and implying berserk alone is enough ATT are doing the OP no favor.

Sylph.Akibakei
By Sylph.Akibakei 2010-06-30 09:37:36
Link | Quote | Reply

For OP:

I would swap in at least 1 Snipers Ring for some more ACC

For the hands, just to see if more acc/Attack help, just start with the cheap Thick Mufflers. If you dont need the accuracy from these then try Spike Finger or Tarasque or AF2 Hands.

I would use Foragers on your back instead of Smilodon.

Maybe get some Rutter Sabatons to use on the feet.

that's all of my suggestions. If you are sure your ACC is fine then start swapping in attack and Str pieces.
 Sylph.Akibakei
By Sylph.Akibakei 2010-06-30 09:38:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Solara said:
Ok, KJ screen shots as promised. All from the same party on 12.14.2009, to avoid claims of cherry picking or being 75 for the sake of the previous math. I used full shots to show that none are done with 2hr or unreasonably powerful buffs. Using meat kabobs, nothing else worth using at birds.

Mind posting your gear set? I am always looking for ideas of how to improve mine :D
 Bahamut.Zorander
Server: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-06-30 10:29:01
Link | Quote | Reply

@Solara
A good King's Justice on birds(shown in SS) is around 1700? Maybe that's where I get confused..When they are buffed I think mine are around 1600 and I think i've broken 1700 but not on a consistant basis. However I no for certain I've never broken 2k on birds with KJ.

I can break 1700 with RR alot easier than I could with KJ..I break 2k all the time with RR..but never with KJ. If 1700 is the best it can do without crazy spike damage ..then I will stick with RR. My war is still 75 and all of this will most likely change once I hit 80.
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-06-30 10:32:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Akibakei said:
Asura.Solara said:
Ok, KJ screen shots as promised. All from the same party on 12.14.2009, to avoid claims of cherry picking or being 75 for the sake of the previous math. I used full shots to show that none are done with 2hr or unreasonably powerful buffs. Using meat kabobs, nothing else worth using at birds.
Mind posting your gear set? I am always looking for ideas of how to improve mine :D
He posted his TP and his KJ on page 3.
 Sylph.Akibakei
By Sylph.Akibakei 2010-06-30 10:35:08
Link | Quote | Reply

OK thanks.

and Yes on birds RR can have higher spike damage then KJ but from what I have seen the lowest KJ is no where near the lowest RR. KJ just seems to be more consistent

but this is really all for naught cause bird camps will be obsolete soon and we will have to parse on other types of mobs.
 Asura.Solara
By Asura.Solara 2010-06-30 11:20:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zorander said:
@Solara
A good King's Justice on birds(shown in SS) is around 1700? Maybe that's where I get confused..When they are buffed I think mine are around 1600 and I think i've broken 1700 but not on a consistant basis. However I no for certain I've never broken 2k on birds with KJ.

I can break 1700 with RR alot easier than I could with KJ..I break 2k all the time with RR..but never with KJ. If 1700 is the best it can do without crazy spike damage ..then I will stick with RR. My war is still 75 and all of this will most likely change once I hit 80.

Yeah, on low Agi targets like birds and puks, knocking out high a Raging Rush is easier because it takes less dex to soft cap your crit rate. Since KJ mods are static as opposed to the real dmg coming from the crits, I just find it's less likely to under perform than RR once you're no longer ddex capped. MMJ Lurkers are a good example of that, since they have such naturally high agi.

Again, I have never argued that KJ is always, or even mostly, superior to RR. Just that it is frequently underrated because people often gear for the mods rather than the consistency. You should maximize both, and take advantage of them when they are situationally appropriate.

As far as double attacks spiking your ws, that's just part of being a Warrior, and I addressed it in my post on page three. With our natural DA rate plus capped merits, the importance of making sure your acc is capped is huge, to make sure you can capitalize on those extra hits.

@OP: I hope I've addressed your questions, that was my whole point in posting. If there's anything that's unclear or you'd like to see in a practical application, feel free to contact me in game and I'll try to help you out.
 Sylph.Akibakei
By Sylph.Akibakei 2010-06-30 11:31:37
Link | Quote | Reply

@Solara - Yes, agreed. I was popping Mamools for 1200+ on a consistent basis and I spiked at around 1800 on one. I tried RR a few times and it was crapping out cause of the Agi/Dex difference.

If you have a brd or cor, KJ is gonna get a much more significant boost from the buffs than RR will.
 Quetzalcoatl.Eridnele
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: laeonto
By Quetzalcoatl.Eridnele 2010-06-30 11:49:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zorander said:
@Solara
not flaming or anything i think its still awesome. but that 2k+ shot actually was done with mighty strikes if you look up in the ss a bit
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-06-30 11:54:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Eridnele said:
Bahamut.Zorander said:
@Solara A good King's Justice on birds(shown in SS) is around 1700? Maybe that's where I get confused..When they are buffed I think mine are around 1600 and I think i've broken 1700 but not on a consistant basis. However I no for certain I've never broken 2k on birds with KJ.
not flaming or anything i think its still awesome. but that 2k shot actually was done with mighty strikes if you look up in the ss a bit
I didn't even look..but doesn't really change anything either.
 Asura.Solara
By Asura.Solara 2010-06-30 13:34:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Eridnele said:
not flaming or anything i think its still awesome. but that 2k shot actually was done with mighty strikes if you look up in the ss a bit

Ah, good catch, I didn't even notice that. I was going by the icons, I removed it from the post for consistency.