KJ fail
First Page 2 3 4
 Asura.Alymorel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Alimorel
By Asura.Alymorel 2010-06-29 02:20:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, so, I'm having trouble with this ws. I know it has a STR modifier and I do have a WS set. (It's not whatever you see on my page, I get scanned randomly) Here is the set: http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=164489

Anyway, my big issue is I can't seem to really break 200 dmg with it. That's assuming no buffs or debuffs of ANY kind. Obviously I do a bit more or less accordingly, but nothing truly significant.

I know this is not the BEST set-up of gear, but I do feel like it should be doing more than 200. >.> Especially with making all hits, accuracy is not a problem.

Any tips? Wtf am I doing wrong?
 Asura.Alymorel
By Asura.Alymorel 2010-06-29 02:23:56
Link | Quote | Reply

And two things to add.
1) Yay embedding!
2) Hat has str +4 WSAcc +15 and Body has... no augs that should really affect this. >.>
 Gilgamesh.Ittoryu
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Ittoryu 2010-06-29 02:29:55
Link | Quote | Reply

There is no way you are hitting 200 with getting all hits. Tha ws set isn't exactly horrible, should be getting you way more. Do the mobs have really high defense?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-06-29 02:32:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Alymorel said:
And two things to add.
1) Yay BBCode!!
[+]
 Asura.Alymorel
By Asura.Alymorel 2010-06-29 02:35:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I've tried it on tons of different things. On average I deal 200 (Range ~100~400) Everything from beetles, to mousse, to birds, to sheep, and anything in between. These things are about my level maybe a bit more as I see it most often in xp parties. And I get ~20 tp return on it. No one has any explanation as to what's going on. ; ;
 Gilgamesh.Ittoryu
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Ittoryu 2010-06-29 02:35:45
Link | Quote | Reply

SE is out to get you XD. Seriously if all the hits land, should be doing way more dmg than that.
 Asura.Alymorel
By Asura.Alymorel 2010-06-29 02:36:54
Link | Quote | Reply

My base str is 71 (I'm Mithran) if that makes any difference. (Again don't thing it'd be that significant)
 Asura.Myrrh
user: Myrrhic
By Asura.Myrrh 2010-06-29 02:38:02
Link | Quote | Reply

o.O

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Jingles
Server: Siren
user: Jingles
By Siren.Jingles 2010-06-29 02:38:56
Link | Quote | Reply

What is your normal TP return on regular TP hits?
 Asura.Alymorel
By Asura.Alymorel 2010-06-29 02:44:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Catastrophe said:
Gilgamesh.Ittoryu said:
SE is out to get you XD. Seriously if all the hits land, should be doing way more dmg than that.

It could be low accuracy.

How's your skill lookin?

Well, I apparently capped it in my last xp pt, so it's now 302.
Siren.Jingles said:
What is your normal TP return on regular TP hits?

Tbh, never noticed as with having a tp set with lots of haste and double attack and DA merits and meditate, I hit 100% almost as fast as a SAM. /shrug
------
I know I'm hitting all three as there are high eva mobs I have hit in the past (which I'm not including in the average) because I do notice I don't get nearly as much tp return when I don't land all three. SE just hates me. <.<
 Siren.Jingles
By Siren.Jingles 2010-06-29 02:50:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Next time you party, check your TP return for your normal hits. If you get the same TP from 1 hit as you do King's Justice, you obviously are missing a ton of accuracy. Sometimes it's better to sacrifice some of that STR gear for some accuracy. If you don't have the +accuracy augment on your Nuevo, perhaps investing in a Hauberk would be wise.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kireime
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kireina
By Quetzalcoatl.Kireime 2010-06-29 02:52:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you lagging to an extent where the gear swaps aren't happening before you WS?
 Asura.Alymorel
By Asura.Alymorel 2010-06-29 02:56:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Jingles said:
Next time you party, check your TP return for your normal hits. If you get the same TP from 1 hit as you do King's Justice, you obviously are missing a ton of accuracy. Sometimes it's better to sacrifice some of that STR gear for some accuracy. If you don't have the accuracy augment on your Nuevo, perhaps investing in a Hauberk would be wise.

I have an ohat and a hauberk, I'll give it a try. Anything to attempt to fix the problem.
Quetzalcoatl.Kireime said:
Are you lagging to an extent where the gear swaps aren't happening before you WS?

Nah, I put the gear swap and ws on different macros. I don't hit the ws until I see the gear swap finish going off.
 Siren.Jingles
By Siren.Jingles 2010-06-29 03:01:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh, if you have the MKE hat with WS acc, I don't think the Ohat would be necessary, lol.
 Asura.Alymorel
By Asura.Alymorel 2010-06-29 03:05:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Jingles said:
Eh, if you have the MKE hat with WS acc, I don't think the Ohat would be necessary, lol.

Touché. Just a bit desperate to figure this out. Not thinking too clearly. Tired of being a lolWar. >.>
 Fenrir.Tool
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-06-29 03:06:05
Link | Quote | Reply

That is rather odd. I've wondered, is there some special property to KJ, because there are times that it is mediocre, and other times it's godly. Anyone know what causes this? Perhaps crit hit? If so, might wanna swap out alky for heca or something of the like.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-06-29 03:08:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Mine always does ***damage without a ton of attack compared to RR :/ When I get mins in Ein it does nice damage but without that it fails hardcore.
 Siren.Jingles
By Siren.Jingles 2010-06-29 03:08:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Tool said:
That is rather odd. I've wondered, is there some special property to KJ, because there are times that it is mediocre, and other times it's godly. Anyone know what causes this? Perhaps crit hit? If so, might wanna swap out alky for heca or something of the like.

Yeah, I've never been a fan of Alky for multi-hits.
 Asura.Alymorel
By Asura.Alymorel 2010-06-29 03:10:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Tool said:

It is based on crits, however, I wouldn't be able to get heca or aurum, or other crazy hard to get pieces. Gotta work with basics here. ^^
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-06-29 03:18:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Well what other gloves do you have that can give STR/DEX/ATK benefits without throwing the equilibrium off balance?

Either way, I can't imagine one piece of gear throwing the WS so off balance that it only does 200. That's just crazy weird.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-06-29 03:19:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Alymorel said:
Fenrir.Tool said:

It is based on crits, however, I wouldn't be able to get heca or aurum, or other crazy hard to get pieces. Gotta work with basics here. ^^

Heca isnt exactly hard-to-get, specially not now with the 80 cap:P
 Asura.Alymorel
By Asura.Alymorel 2010-06-29 03:21:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Tool said:
Well what other gloves do you have that can give STR/DEX/ATK benefits without throwing the equilibrium off balance?

Either way, I can't imagine one piece of gear throwing the WS so off balance that it only does 200. That's just crazy weird.

Sadly, the only other gloves I own are dusk gloves and my warrior's mufflers (relic piece) Nothing really great. ; ;
 Leviathan.Scorch
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Scorch 2010-06-29 03:22:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Is what you should be working towards, if you can't get HQ obviously NQ is the alternative.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-06-29 03:22:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Alymorel said:
Fenrir.Tool said:

Sadly, the only other gloves I own are dusk gloves and my warrior's mufflers (relic piece) Nothing really great. ; ;

Relic gloves work nicely for WS, never underestimate attack.
On that note, drop that smilodon and get a foragers!
 Asura.Alymorel
By Asura.Alymorel 2010-06-29 03:23:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Asura.Alymorel said:
Fenrir.Tool said:

Heca isnt exactly hard-to-get, specially not now with the 80 cap:P

My dyna LS doesn't really do sky (obviously, it's a dyna LS) and I can't afford pop sets. Even if I could, I would sooooo be getting kitty pants first. XD
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-06-29 03:23:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Scorch said:

Is what you should be working towards, if you can't get HQ obviously NQ is the alternative.

No way you'll allways have 95% acc with that on a multihit ws tho!
A aggressor-down ws-set is allso handy!
 Sylph.Fyrestorm
Server: Sylph
user: Fyrestorm
By Sylph.Fyrestorm 2010-06-29 03:23:57
Link | Quote | Reply

From what I understood for KJ, crits don't affect the damage so DA is the only way to really spike damage. So after DA gear, focus on acc/att/str. I never used it 'cause I found RR is generally better.
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-06-29 03:28:16
Link | Quote | Reply

So it would seem RR is best for overall consistency, while KJ is more of a DA spike damage thing from the sound of it.

Which also raises my silly question of: how does one exactly know or figure out which weapon skills have that native "attack boost" or other fancy term that allows one to gear strictly towards mods over needing attack increases to maximize damage like gekko, yuki and kasha?
First Page 2 3 4