Forum » FFXI » NMs » Minhocao
Minhocao
 Diabolos.Gira
Server: Diabolos
Game: FFXI
user: Cameryn
By Diabolos.Gira 2010-06-27 01:34:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone killed Minhocao (the sandworm NM in Abyssea Tahrongi)?

I want to kill him for the quest credit but would like to go in knowing what to expect. All I see on wiki is a vague suggestion of dmg/hit I should expect.

Basic party set up with a PLD involved do the trick?

I was thinking WHM or SCH or RDM, COR or BRD, PLD, DDx3
 Shiva.Lorielain
Server: Shiva
user: Atrithk
By Shiva.Lorielain 2010-06-27 02:08:06
Link | Quote | Reply

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of Cure VI.
Go in expecting the worst case scenario.
 Diabolos.Sovereign
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2010-06-27 02:18:37
Link | Quote | Reply

We just treated it like regular Sandworm. It gets all the same TP moves as Sandworm, but did get two new TP moves, Gorge and Disgorge. Gorge seemed AoE around the target, and was basically a really bad HP drain move for the worm. Disgorge was essentially the same thing (possibly single target?), though was one-shotting our PLDs for over 1700 dmg a shot. Stunning these is vital to winning the fight. Appeared as though Minhocao could use the moves at any time, although it's always happened more frequently at lower HP for us.

I'd personally recommend a solid tank party, at least one DD, and at least two stuns. So you're probably looking at between 6 and 12 players, depending on how much time you want to spend with it. 6 player fight should be possible, but will more than likely take longer than the 30 minutes on one stone. PLD/NIN, RDM/DRK, WHM/SCH, RNG/SAM, BRD/BLM, BLM/RDM could probably six man it pretty easily, given enough time.

Diabolos.Gira
user: Cameryn
By Diabolos.Gira 2010-06-27 02:24:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Sovereign said:
We just treated it like regular Sandworm. It gets all the same TP moves as Sandworm, but did get two new TP moves, Gorge and Disgorge. Gorge seemed AoE around the target, and was basically a really bad HP drain move for the worm. Disgorge was essentially the same thing (possibly single target?), though was one-shotting our PLDs for over 1700 dmg a shot. Stunning these is vital to winning the fight. Appeared as though Minhocao could use the moves at any time, although it's always happened more frequently at lower HP for us.

I'd personally recommend a solid tank party, at least one DD, and at least two stuns. So you're probably looking at between 6 and 12 players, depending on how much time you want to spend with it. 6 player fight should be possible, but will more than likely take longer than the 30 minutes on one stone. PLD/NIN, RDM/DRK, WHM/SCH, RNG/SAM, BRD/BLM, BLM/RDM could probably six man it pretty easily, given enough time.

Appreciate the info! Question though, were you guys mostly 75~ or mostly 80~? I'd like to go in with no more than 8 people because I want a mix of exping/NMs. Figured two parties of 4 for farming for cruor/pop items and then 8 when we take on NMs. First order of business is the worm if he's up though.
 Diabolos.Sovereign
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2010-06-27 14:47:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont think we had any level 80s in our group at the time. Maybe our WHM... but I dont recall. Most of us were 75-77 or so. The 6 players of the job combination I described above should be able to kill it successfully at level 75 in under an hour.