Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » OMG new jug pet Luckylulush
OMG new jug pet Luckylulush
 Bahamut.Cerusa
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: cerusa
By Bahamut.Cerusa 2010-06-23 21:43:33
Link | Quote | Reply

This lil rabit is very good..can do wildcarrot witch heal you and itself.
all the new jugs are very very strong with full bst afinty merits. any other bst see any cool things on these new jug pets?
[+]
 Titan.Lillica
Server: Titan
user: Lillica
By Titan.Lillica 2010-06-23 21:58:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Noticed how the *white* rabbit is so much better? Hmmm coincidence SE? Sure if you say so.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
user: Troair
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-06-23 22:06:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Not a coincidence at all, straight fact. Think hard about why you speak English and get back to me with what you find...
[+]
 Titan.Lillica
Server: Titan
user: Lillica
By Titan.Lillica 2010-06-23 22:14:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm English... England... history lessons... :O I see what you did there.
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-06-23 22:37:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Knew the Rabbit would be a beast, ***Steffy is a beast.

Snow Cloud, Carrot... so awesome.

One can only hope the Couerl has Charged Whisker, the Mushroom has... (?), and im sure the Karakul (Wool broth) should have the AoE Defense down TP Move.

Sheeps get any unique TP Moves? Lamp Chop isn't on the Sheep Familiar's List.

Interesting indeed.
[+]
 Garuda.Kingofbastok
Server: Garuda
By Garuda.Kingofbastok 2010-06-24 07:55:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I've used this and the sheep jugs so far and I like both a lot. To answer Karb's ? about the sheep's tp move, it has access to lamb chop, sheep charge, rage, and sheep song.

An interesting thing that I found out when using the rabbit jug is that there's either a glitch with this jug, all of the new jugs, or beast affinity. The glitch that I've noticed was that my pet was actually a higher lvl than I was.

The reason I say this is that last night, I went to Sea as a 76 bst/nin to kill some higher lvl goldfish, aerns, and xzomits for a little bit of xp. As soon as I zoned in, I popped a LuckyLulush and then made my way to the east side of Sea. Before I could get to the mobs that I wanted to fight, however,I was aggroed by a T shark. I wasn't too concerned about being able to kill it, though, since I've killed these before with CC at 75.

As I expected, the fight was pretty easy, but one thing that did surprise me was the amount of xp I got from the shark. Instead of the 120+ xp I assumed I would get, the shark only gave me 103 xp, which was was less than I should have gotten. Since the shark had to be lvl 77 (it was one of the weaker ones that only go up to 77), I should have gotten at least 120+ xp, especially considering that sharks grant a 10% xp bonus.

After that fight, I figured my pet had to be lvl 78 or 79, since 103 xp would be about what a high decent challenge would give with a 10% bonus. In addition to that shark, I also killed some even match aerns and goldfish and only got 93 xp from those, so my pet definitely had to be higher than me, otherwise I should have gotten an even 100 xp.

While it did suck getting less xp per kill than I should have, I was able to solo some VT sharks, which I doubt I could do with a regular lvl pet (I got 214 xp on some and 174 on others). So, while this may not be a very big deal to some people, just be aware that your pet might hurt your xp in a party or if you're soloing for xp.
[+]
 Bahamut.Bojack
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2010-06-24 08:08:39
Link | Quote | Reply

They might be supposed to be like that, not sure. When you reach level 77 or 78 those pets will be the same level or 1 lower than you possibly.

It could be a glitch tho, they usually don't give you jugs at "X" level that are higher level than you if you're at "X" level.
 Bahamut.Raj
user: Raj2004
By Bahamut.Raj 2010-06-25 13:09:23
Link | Quote | Reply

That's awesome i hope it's not a glitch cause these new jugs kick *** and us as bst where tired of jugs getting owned after we pop them, now that there like real mobs that's great oh btw i have done some campain,besige,and dynamis and that sheep hits very hard 100+ and Critical 200+-300+ was tanking a bit i /drooled.
[+]
 Bahamut.Cerusa
user: cerusa
By Bahamut.Cerusa 2010-06-25 23:31:22
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah at 80 my pets just owned..was kinda funny..ive tryed all but the fungar. any out there tryed the new fungar?
whats abiltys does it have?
 Phoenix.Pearlsea
Server: Phoenix
user: Pearlsea
By Phoenix.Pearlsea 2010-06-27 20:24:59
Link | Quote | Reply

It's clearly beast affinity making jug pets appear to be amazing at 76. Any of the new pets will be level 80 if you call them at 76 with 5/5 beast affinity. In the meantime they are gimping your exp.

SE sucks. They could have made beast affinity make the pets stronger without doing this level *** and have your pets ALWAYS be summoned as EM.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-06-27 20:38:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Lucky Lulush out parsed Relic equipped rangers in Abyssea tonight. Keep this under your hat, I d on't want a Nerf, finally bst has some love.
[+]
 Phoenix.Pearlsea
user: Pearlsea
By Phoenix.Pearlsea 2010-06-27 20:51:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Lucky Lulush out parsed Relic equipped rangers in Abyssea tonight. Keep this under your hat, I d on't want a Nerf, finally bst has some love.

Screw that I want everyone to know, so BST can be invited to parties. Whats your beast affinity talent x/5?
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-06-27 20:54:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Pearlsea said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:

Screw that I want everyone to know, so BST can be invited to parties. Whats your beast affinity talent x/5?

Yah, 5/5. I'm also 78 and Stout Servant seems to drop Pet damage taken by about a quarter or a half. Hard to tell with Physical dmg. Lucky Lulsh took half the damage I took from a whirl claws by Mangy tailed marvin.

Stout Servant seems to only work with Jug pets though.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Kingofbastok
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Kingofbastok 2010-06-27 21:21:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the glitch is only for the rabbit, actually. I was soloing some Imps in Xarc (S) and with the sheep I would always get over 200-350 xp per kill (I used multiple pets over the course of a couple of days) and at the same lvl, I tried some rabbit jugs and would get as low as 180-190 xp per kill (can't remember what the high was, but it was still pretty decent).

Also, I was doing a jug burn with a few other ls mates in Bibiki at a lvl sync of 76 and whenever someone used a rabbit, the xp would drop drastically (the xp was as low as 105ish on the VT and IT camels, while it never was lower than 150ish without rabbits). During the party, we had sheep and coeurl pets out and the xp was still good, but the rabbit is definitely glitchy.

So if any of you bsts want to party with normies and want to use a pet, then pick up a jug other than the rabbit. Otherwise, the rabbit is an awesome DD for events that don't give xp (the rabbit was hitting the VT and IT camels for 190 at times, without the mobs using berserk), or at the very least, aren't being done for the xp gain.

As for why this glitch may have came about, it's just a guess, but I think that SE may have originally wanted to release the rabbit jug at 79 and then decided to make it 76 without remembering to make the pet pop as a 76.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raj
user: Raj2004
By Bahamut.Raj 2010-06-28 19:21:16
Link | Quote | Reply

i just hope SE don't mess with are jugs cause if anybody complains to them i'm going to be pissed.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Dpdhuntress
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Dpdhuntress 2010-07-01 14:20:26
Link | Quote | Reply

im a DD beast with adaberk and ridill from my war job and people still deny you merit partys due to the fact other DDs pretty much dont want to be embarassed by the combo of a bst and its pet. So they stick to the old school LOLbst theory to compensate for the fact they scared to be replaced or put on equal footing
[+]
 Fenrir.Elytonas
Server: Fenrir
user: Elytonas
By Fenrir.Elytonas 2010-07-01 17:07:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Dpdhuntress said:
im a DD beast with adaberk and ridill from my war job and people still deny you merit partys due to the fact other DDs pretty much dont want to be embarassed by the combo of a bst and its pet. So they stick to the old school LOLbst theory to compensate for the fact they scared to be replaced or put on equal footing

Can only agree
[+]
 Carbuncle.Shokox
user: Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2010-07-09 13:34:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll be damned if BST isn't sexier now however.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-07-09 13:41:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Dpdhuntress said:

As much as I'd love to agree with you, I really don't see that being the case.

To perform to the standard of a decent DD, a BST needs to be remotely intelligent. They need to own multiple sets of gear (not just TP/WS), real DD-TP gear instead of the mash of Charm-DD-TP gear. Couple that with the fact several BST's in PT's are too cheap to use Jug Pets just puts their damage lower.

So you're stuck between choosing a mediocre DD, or someone who has to work harder than most of the other BST's to match any other respectable DD. Most people will go with the safe option. A decent DD will be on par (for the most part) with a good BST, purely because DD's were built to hurt; BST's were built to blow kisses to animals!

(And no, before I get some insane BST rage >_> That wasn't a jab at BST's)
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-07-09 13:55:13
Link | Quote | Reply

there is no way in hell a jug pet out parsed a relic rng let alone more than one..i'm calling BS
 Phoenix.Faylin
user: faylin
By Phoenix.Faylin 2010-07-09 14:05:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Hitetsu said:
As much as I'd love to agree with you, I really don't see that being the case. To perform to the standard of a decent DD, a BST needs to be remotely intelligent. They need to own multiple sets of gear (not just TP/WS), real DD-TP gear instead of the mash of Charm-DD-TP gear. Couple that with the fact several BST's in PT's are too cheap to use Jug Pets just puts their damage lower. So you're stuck between choosing a mediocre DD, or someone who has to work harder than most of the other BST's to match any other respectable DD. Most people will go with the safe option. A decent DD will be on par (for the most part) with a good BST, purely because DD's were built to hurt; BST's were built to blow kisses to animals! (And no, before I get some insane BST rage >_> That wasn't a jab at BST's)

Its true the new jugs are something to see i use the new sheep. It out DD's some sams Lampchop can put down well over 1000 dmg, and it builds tp fast, and as for bst needing to work harder to be a good dd, you forget my dmg+ pet dmg so bst counts for 2 DD. My bst uses my war's TP and WS gear set i also have a macro to swap to my relic for charms. Bst are not out there DDing in bst relic, and chr rings, we all have acc and hastes, or atleast the bst i hang with do, and for that matter if we were in a merit pt there would be no reason for charm gear because to this day i have never missed a charm on a jug pet. (And yes that is a shot at uneducated DD who think all Bst should solo.)
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-07-09 14:17:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't help but notice you completely missed my point.

A mediocre DD will do better than a mediocre BST.

The reason BST's don't get PT's isn't because people are "scared of being outparsed", it's because BST's have a bad stigma due to the ungodly amount of HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE BST's there are around.

Yes, there are a lot of BST's out there that TP in AF and CHR rings; only switching their Axes/Light staff. These are the ones that don't change gear to WS, the ones that use STR gear to TP in.

If I have a choice between someone that can combine both their pets damage and the BST's damage by being mediocre; I'll take that over the chance of getting someone who's contributing absolutely nothing.

Adding to this that, as I said, several BST's are too cheap to burn the cheaper jug pets that you can buy from Kazham (I forget the price, I think it was ~800g/each?).

It's these players that give BST the bad stigma they have; leading to the lack of invites they receive. I'm well aware of a BST's DD capabilities, but unless I know them, I'd rather not take the risk of having a 5-person PT with 6 people >_>
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-07-09 14:21:53
Link | Quote | Reply

If your BST has a good TP set, and a great Primal Rend set, you can out parse most DDs when including your pet's damage.

Problem is most BSTs do not carry or want to carry all that gear, nor do a lot of them have the best available primal rend gear swap.

My primal rends do more than my rampages. I hate to see BSTs that try to be WARs and think their rampages can keep up.

Shitty DDs exist everywhere. BST just has a stigma it can't shake. FYI many people that end up playing BST because their gear sucked on other jobs, and they got tired of being made fun of in parties. At least thats what a lot of the ones I've met recently have told me. (They were cheap on their other jobs too)

Back on OP's topic, Lulush is the ***. Try using it in an 18 man alliance Abyssea run. I almost crapped my pants.
[+]
 Unicorn.Jewkitten
Server: Unicorn
user: Jewkitten
By Unicorn.Jewkitten 2010-07-09 14:38:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I do not have access to a parser being on a Xbox.

But in campaign, events, anywhere I go my new Sheep jug will take hate and hold it on anything we fight:p

It's attack power, speed, double attack and crits are truly a thing to behold:D

once lv80 I will martial axe/O.club for primal rend spam:p

when the caps are higher than 80 I will make a occ.att.thrice axe for primal rend spam:p

I have a feeling a parse would shitbrix at the dmg of a smart primal spam BST and his Sheep pet:D
 Carbuncle.Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2010-07-09 15:04:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Aurilius said:
If your BST has a good TP set, and a great Primal Rend set, you can out parse most DDs when including your pet's damage.

Problem is most BSTs do not carry or want to carry all that gear, nor do a lot of them have the best available primal rend gear swap.

My primal rends do more than my rampages. I hate to see BSTs that try to be WARs and think their rampages can keep up.

Shitty DDs exist everywhere. BST just has a stigma it can't shake. FYI many people that end up playing BST because their gear sucked on other jobs, and they got tired of being made fun of in parties. At least thats what a lot of the ones I've met recently have told me. (They were cheap on their other jobs too)

Back on OP's topic, Lulush is the ***. Try using it in an 18 man alliance Abyssea run. I almost crapped my pants.

I'm really interested in your Primal Rend set up, seeing as I just came back fresh to BST and would like to finally make a set for it.

BST stigma or no, those that are into BST will make their ways to 80 regardless :(
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-07-09 15:09:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm at work, but Primal Rend is fairly simple. Stack CHR and MAB. If you need instructions beyond that I can probably post it when I get home, but its really simple.

There are probably several bsts on here that already have their gear set for primal rend uploaded.

You can put together a nice 700-800 damage primal rend set without even factoring in MAB for fairly cheap.

If you have a novio already for one of your mage jobs, it helps. Otherwise, I wouldn't bother spending that much for the MAB for primal rend. Moldy earring is easy to obtain. Ugga pendant is easy to obtain. Delta earring is easy to obtain if you do Einherjar.

There's also more options for CHR gear thanks to the update. Pretty sure you can manage to put together a set.
 Carbuncle.Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2010-07-09 15:25:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh cool, I'll fish around for the set ups, thanks man! :) Won't be too hard indeed if that's the case.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Server: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2010-07-19 15:49:57
Link | Quote | Reply

couple things 1st did some testing with another bst rab vs other new jugs on mobs and on every one rab out dmged jut on regular hits alone. pulled and held hate over every other pet.

2nd theres more trial axes then are listed on wiki including a pet -8* dmg to pet and 56 dmg one and also a +8 mab one.

3rd bst/drg can hit 25% haste cap maybe can with right gear on other subs to or near to it.

Also had the sheep tank genbu soem useing a bst/war combo at 76 even over other dds in party :) and last a while.
 Caitsith.Judaine
Server: Caitsith
user: Judaine
By Caitsith.Judaine 2010-07-19 15:53:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Cerusa said:
all the new jugs are very very strong with full bst afinty merits. any other bst see any cool things on these new jug pets?

[+]
 Fenrir.Tool
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-07-19 15:56:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Judaine said:
Bahamut.Cerusa said:

I dunno why but this cracked me up. Reminded me of this