Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » redmage abilities
redmage abilities
 Kujata.Appalonia
Server: Kujata
Game: FFXI
user: appalonia
By Kujata.Appalonia 2009-01-02 15:48:05
Link | Quote | Reply

i think that redm should have more abilities other than chainspell and convert, why are you SE neglecting the REDM???? thats so wrong lol
 Fairy.Blackmist
Server: Fairy
user: Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2009-01-02 16:03:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Well All nin has is there 2 hour :o

lol they are more neglected?
 Pandemonium.Kenshey
Server: Pandemonium
user:
By Pandemonium.Kenshey 2009-01-02 16:24:38
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Being a Red Mage myself, I'm happy with the 'abilities' we already have. As Blackmist stated, Ninja only has Mijin Gakure.
 Hades.Ganesha
Server: Hades
user: Niopha
By Hades.Ganesha 2009-01-02 16:37:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Does RDM -need- more abilities? Functions just fine with what they have, imo.
 Fairy.Blackmist
Server: Fairy
user: Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2009-01-02 16:40:41
Link | Quote | Reply

yup :3 convert is every non rdm's dream :O
 Hades.Triet
Server: Hades
user: Sirseiko
By Hades.Triet 2009-01-02 16:43:53
Link | Quote | Reply

RDM doesn't have more abilities because they have spells. Same for White Mage, Black Mage, Blue Mage. I guess it is SEs way of balancing everything out.
 Fenrir.Alijah
Server: Fenrir
user: Alijah
By Fenrir.Alijah 2009-01-02 17:00:54
Link | Quote | Reply

RDMs are already the envy of every mage class with Convert. Im quite happy with the JAs we have. I cant think of a single thing we'd need that we don't already have.

Maybe our own "seal" cause I'd like to be able to seal my Para's or Slow's when Im /whm but I've got enough Enfeebling gears + merits that I can hold my own without it.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-01-02 17:06:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Well..

BLM/RDM gets Manafont + ES
WHM/RDM gets Benediction + DS
SCH/RDM gets whatever SCH gets

RDM/BLM gets Chainspell + ES + Convert
RDM/WHM gets Chainspell + DS + Convert
RDM/SCH gets Chainspell + DS + whatever SCH gets =P

RDM abilities are the stuff all mage jobs want, I'd go as far as to say if the Level cap was 80, it would be the only SJ a WHM and BLM would ever use (I know my WHM would LOVE to see a free 1k MP every 10min!)

RDM's major strength isn't in it's RDM job, but it's SJ. RDM does a bit of everything well.

RDM/WHM is probably the single most able healer in the game.

RDM/BLM can put out some respectable nukes with merits + decent gear.

RDM/NIN, well >.> I'm sure you know how well RDM/NIN do most things =P

EDIT: Level cap 40.. oops >.>
 Odin.Gaea
Server: Odin
user:
By Odin.Gaea 2009-01-03 15:07:37

If you want more abilities, sub Scholar :)
 Seraph.Zoey
Server: Seraph
user: ZoeyofS
By Seraph.Zoey 2009-01-03 17:45:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Convert is more than enouph. Imagine a blm/rdm with convert.
 Pandemonium.Luignata
Server: Pandemonium
user:
By Pandemonium.Luignata 2009-01-08 15:32:59

Hitetsu said:
Well.. BLM/RDM gets Manafont + ES WHM/RDM gets Benediction + DS SCH/RDM gets whatever SCH gets RDM/BLM gets Chainspell + ES + Convert RDM/WHM gets Chainspell + DS + Convert RDM/SCH gets Chainspell + DS + whatever SCH gets =P RDM abilities are the stuff all mage jobs want, I'd go as far as to say if the Level cap was 80, it would be the only SJ a WHM and BLM would ever use (I know my WHM would LOVE to see a free 1k MP every 10min!) RDM's major strength isn't in it's RDM job, but it's SJ. RDM does a bit of everything well. RDM/WHM is probably the single most able healer in the game. RDM/BLM can put out some respectable nukes with merits + decent gear. RDM/NIN, well >.> I'm sure you know how well RDM/NIN do most things =P EDIT: Level cap 40.. oops >.>

Being a RDM, I find /SCH to be the best sub out there. For 2 reasons, one is in the increase in the skills of healing, enhancing, dark, elemental, etc. ( I was sad to find out that it won't boost Enfeebling. :( ) The other is Penury and Parsimony. Combine Refresh and Convert with Penury, Parsimony, and Dark/Light Arts, you'll have MP shooting out your ears. I find myself using /SCH more often then /BLM, and /WHM is all but useless to me now.

I really can see an improvement when soloing Brothers ENM. I used to use 100% of my MP, convert, then another 90%-100% of my MP and hope that I didn't get too many resists, as if I did get to many then I'd run outta MP and he'd have 10% health left.

With /SCH, the boost in Elemental Skill helps my nukes to land more consistently, Parsimony on my first nuke + Sublimation give me an additional 350 MP, and the best thing about it all, reduced MP cost when using Dark Arts. Saves me 12 MP per nuke, combine that with 10 nukes, an additional 120 MP. I'm looking at about 500 extra MP with /SCH in Brothers ENM, along with the fact that my nukes don't get resisted as much.. Brothers is no longer a gamble.

And yea, I'm a piss poor RDM. >.> I know, Brothers isn't that hard to solo.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-01-08 15:54:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Zoey said:

I would loooove if BLM can have convert <3 *Dreams*
 Caitsith.Unafae
Server: Caitsith
user: Unafae
By Caitsith.Unafae 2009-01-08 16:19:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Zoey said:

OMG I would so love this!! BLM burn on puddings can u just imagine lol

Personally I think it depends on how you play the job, with whether or not you want more job abilities for RDM.

I myself prefer to /NIN on RDM, to DD, campaign battle, tank stuff etc - job abilities from RDM main OR from NIN sub would be nice. At least, a job ability thats useful for RDM/NIN, I mean. >_> "Jack of all trades" Should have a little bit of mage and a little bit of DD + Tank in it, in my opinion.
 Diabolos.Sovereign
Server: Diabolos
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2009-01-08 17:17:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Zoey said:

*** Convert... I'd be content with an inherent 1 mp/tick auto refresh job trait on BLM.
 Bismarck.Patrik
Server: Bismarck
user: Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2009-01-08 19:18:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Luignata said:
Hitetsu said:
Well.. BLM/RDM gets Manafont + ES WHM/RDM gets Benediction + DS SCH/RDM gets whatever SCH gets RDM/BLM gets Chainspell + ES + Convert RDM/WHM gets Chainspell + DS + Convert RDM/SCH gets Chainspell + DS + whatever SCH gets =P RDM abilities are the stuff all mage jobs want, I'd go as far as to say if the Level cap was 80, it would be the only SJ a WHM and BLM would ever use (I know my WHM would LOVE to see a free 1k MP every 10min!) RDM's major strength isn't in it's RDM job, but it's SJ. RDM does a bit of everything well. RDM/WHM is probably the single most able healer in the game. RDM/BLM can put out some respectable nukes with merits + decent gear. RDM/NIN, well &gt;.&gt; I'm sure you know how well RDM/NIN do most things =P EDIT: Level cap 40.. oops &gt;.&gt;
Being a RDM, I find /SCH to be the best sub out there. For 2 reasons, one is in the increase in the skills of healing, enhancing, dark, elemental, etc. ( I was sad to find out that it won't boost Enfeebling. :( ) The other is Penury and Parsimony. Combine Refresh and Convert with Penury, Parsimony, and Dark/Light Arts, you'll have MP shooting out your ears. I find myself using /SCH more often then /BLM, and /WHM is all but useless to me now. I really can see an improvement when soloing Brothers ENM. I used to use 100% of my MP, convert, then another 90%-100% of my MP and hope that I didn't get too many resists, as if I did get to many then I'd run outta MP and he'd have 10% health left. With /SCH, the boost in Elemental Skill helps my nukes to land more consistently, Parsimony on my first nuke + Sublimation give me an additional 350 MP, and the best thing about it all, reduced MP cost when using Dark Arts. Saves me 12 MP per nuke, combine that with 10 nukes, an additional 120 MP. I'm looking at about 500 extra MP with /SCH in Brothers ENM, along with the fact that my nukes don't get resisted as much.. Brothers is no longer a gamble. And yea, I'm a piss poor RDM. &gt;.&gt; I know, Brothers isn't that hard to solo.

i strongly agree, and as for the topic, if you want more abilities so much then hell yea go /sch. sadly though ive expirienced many people saying /sch is useless and always tell me to change subs for reasons they cant come up with. sadly it seems people still dont know what /sch actually does...