DRG Update Stuff/Gear
 Bahamut.Zorander
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-10-18 14:34:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Don't remember, it's been a while since I fought him. High enough that I focused exclusively on stun locking, I remember that much (was on BLU). And it's Hundred Fists speed... Which raises a second concern, you're going to have a hell of a time getting spells off and you're probably taking enough damage that you're not going to have much time for doing anything else.
Which setup would you recommend if I was going to low man? Rdm Rdm bounce hate/kite? Or just HP it up with Mnk and have Rdm support? I haven't ever tried to kill this NM but I am curious.

Edit: Smn Smn or bst would prolly do the trick as well?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-10-18 14:42:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd take a WHM over a RDM if you go the MNK method, Para II would be nice but I think Cure V/VI will be of more value. Just make sure they have a good MND set for Paralyze. Also, Auspice.

I think RDMs would be the way to go though, he paths shitty through the trees near his pop area and you could bypass Terminal Sting (force TP at 26%, DoT to ~10%, Ascetic's Tonic and nuke). I'm 90% sure you need to kill him properly to get the torque to drop.
 Hades.Eliane
Server: Hades
user: Eliane
By Hades.Eliane 2010-10-18 14:59:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Hornet has crappy accuracy for someone with evasion build
 Phoenix.Miraun
Server: Phoenix
user: Miraun
By Phoenix.Miraun 2010-10-19 05:04:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Eliane said:
Hornet has crappy accuracy for someone with evasion build

Think NIN/DRK would be able to do it, or would you need to go NIN/DNC? I'd be mainly concerned with stunning the final sting thing.
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
Server: Carbuncle
user: Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2010-10-19 07:06:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Imo Best drg tp set for armor pieces is still(till you get af3 upgraded) homampants arms boots, with walmart hat, and askar body, drg doesnt need that much acc Imo, (they get 35 for being a *** drg alone)

Drg not my main, pld is so might be a while before I get af3 for it, im turning in murex's for pld legs atm. I've gotten 1pld seal, 3blu and 2mnk, pisses me off cause I Think the game is just trolling me, I dont even have blu unlocked, and mnk is 22, so hes giving me seals for those jobs.....
 Phoenix.Miraun
By Phoenix.Miraun 2010-10-19 07:14:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Lynxblade said:
Imo Best drg tp set for armor pieces is still(till you get af3 upgraded) homampants arms boots, with walmart hat, and askar body, drg doesnt need that much acc Imo, (they get 35 for being a *** drg alone)

Drg not my main, pld is so might be a while before I get af3 for it, im turning in murex's for pld legs atm. I've gotten 1pld seal, 3blu and 2mnk, pisses me off cause I Think the game is just trolling me, I dont even have blu unlocked, and mnk is 22, so hes giving me seals for those jobs.....
Who'se trolling who?

Full Perle offers a superior set to the mixed with Askar/Homam, I'm not getting into this debate here. Furthermore, Aurum > Askar when you need the Dex/ACC, and Ares > Askar when you don't need the STP.

The abyssites and Atmas are more the reason that no 2H DD needs ACC anymore. An easy +80 Dex takes care of any ACC concerns.
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2010-10-19 07:23:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Miraun said:
Imo Best drg tp set for armor pieces is still(till you get af3 upgraded) homampants arms boots, with walmart hat, and askar body, drg doesnt need that much acc Imo, (they get 35 for being a *** drg alone) Drg not my main, pld is so might be a while before I get af3 for it, im turning in murex's for pld legs atm. I've gotten 1pld seal, 3blu and 2mnk, pisses me off cause I Think the game is just trolling me, I dont even have blu unlocked, and mnk is 22, so hes giving me seals for those jobs.....
Who'se trolling who? Full Perle offers a superior set to the mixed with Askar/Homam, I'm not getting into this debate here. Furthermore, Aurum > Askar when you need the Dex/ACC, and Ares > Askar when you don't need the STP. The abyssites and Atmas are more the reason that no 2H DD needs ACC anymore. An easy +80 Dex takes care of any ACC concerns.

The quest is trolling me about my seals,thats what I mean

and as far as drg gear goes full perle has same haste as walmart helm homam pants body boots hands, just less acc so to me for drg its superior, and also comparing aurum to askar, for tp gain, your comparing 2storetp and some acc to 2doubleattack. and zahaks mail beats ares body for drakesbane
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2010-10-19 07:27:17
Link | Quote | Reply

didnt mean to say homam body in last post <.<
 Phoenix.Miraun
By Phoenix.Miraun 2010-10-19 07:29:48
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/11915/perle-set-vs-quotstandardquot-sets/

Perle gives more haste... There's a misprint on the english client on the head.

I didn't even bring up Zahak's, or Drakesbane. Additionally, this is completely dependent on your target, current DEX, and current crit rate. The effects of the additional crit rate on Zahak's will not be material if you're using the DEX/Crit Atma, as you'll already be sitting at about 60% crit rate, at which point pushing up the WSC and PDIF would be more beneficial.
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2010-10-19 07:33:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Full perle=14haste walmarthat homam pants hands boots=14haste...
so its the same

And as far as ws'in goes, not just talking about abysea
 Phoenix.Miraun
By Phoenix.Miraun 2010-10-19 07:49:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Was thinking the 3% was a 4%, didn't realize they had fixed it.

Full Perle:
STR +22
DEX +14
VIT +10
Attack +25
Accuracy +18
Haste +9%
"Critical hit rate" +2%

Versus
STR +5
Attack +12
Accuracy + 13
"Double Attack" +2%
"Store TP" +5
Haste +14%

So... 17 more STR, 14 more Dex, 10 more VIT, 13 more ATT, 5 more ACC, the same haste, and 2% Crit rate versus 2% DA, and 5 STP.

While you will achieve a 6 hit setup, it relies on full timing the Askar body for jumps. Whether or not it's stronger comes down to an evaluation of the next best alternative body piece the DRG has available to WS and Jump in to maintain the 6 hit build. I always found being at just the 16.7% number for DRG to be insufficient if I wanted to macro in full Ares for jumps, which, in the instance of a double attack (often) would not hinder TP growth to put me back down at a 7 hit build.

And there's no difficult content in FFXI outside of abyssea at the moment, so discussing the best WS gear outside of abyssea is irrelevant.
 Phoenix.Miraun
By Phoenix.Miraun 2010-10-19 07:51:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll update it when we're all 99, but if you really want to compare WS gear and TP alternatives for level 75- stuff, if you're doing things outside abyssea, use my spreadsheet:

http://code.google.com/p/mirauns-drg-spreadsheet/downloads/list
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2010-10-19 07:58:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Miraun said:
Was thinking the 3% was a 4%, didn't realize they had fixed it. Full Perle: STR +22 DEX +14 VIT +10 Attack +25 Accuracy +18 Haste +9% "Critical hit rate" +2% Versus STR +5 Attack +12 Accuracy + 13 "Double Attack" +2% "Store TP" +5 Haste +14% So... 17 more STR, 14 more Dex, 10 more VIT, 13 more ATT, 5 more ACC, the same haste, and 2% Crit rate versus 2% DA, and 5 STP. While you will achieve a 6 hit setup, it relies on full timing the Askar body for jumps. Whether or not it's stronger comes down to an evaluation of the next best alternative body piece the DRG has available to WS and Jump in to maintain the 6 hit build. I always found being at just the 16.7% number for DRG to be insufficient if I wanted to macro in full Ares for jumps, which, in the instance of a double attack (often) would not hinder TP growth to put me back down at a 7 hit build. And there's no difficult content in FFXI outside of abyssea at the moment, so discussing the best WS gear outside of abyssea is irrelevant.

Im talking tp gain......who the hell cares about str vit attack or crit hit rate when gaining tp , and abysea is just whats cool now, and the thing is, with the HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE amount of atma bonuses you get now, I dont think it will make much of a difference. Seriously, that HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE amount of str/dex you get, you can wear pretty much anything,and it wont make much of a dif when ws'in. My main dd is drk, I do switch to a ws build for guillo, but at this point ws'in in full perle, or ws'in in a decent ws build makes hardly any dif (didnt on my screen anyways)

anyways, Im sleepy, going to bed
 Phoenix.Miraun
By Phoenix.Miraun 2010-10-19 08:36:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Im talking tp gain......who the hell cares about str vit attack or crit hit rate when gaining tp , and abysea is just whats cool now, and the thing is, with the HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE amount of atma bonuses you get now, I dont think it will make much of a difference. Seriously, that HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE amount of str/dex you get, you can wear pretty much anything,and it wont make much of a dif when ws'in. My main dd is drk, I do switch to a ws build for guillo, but at this point ws'in in full perle, or ws'in in a decent ws build makes hardly any dif (didnt on my screen anyways)

anyways, Im sleepy, going to bed

So... let me recap:

You started at mixed set is the best gear available for DRG.

Then you brought up weapon skilling out of nowhere. When I brought up the abyssea argument, you said that both inside and outside abyssea needed to be considered.

Now you're saying that no stats matter because of abyssea. You're also saying that you're not even a DRG, and that you're a DRK main.

You're also saying that you evaluate how well your WSs are doing based upon eyeballing the numbers on your screen, not by parsing or doing any actual analysis of your gear. I'm not going to point into exactly how wrong this is, but it really speaks greatly.

Here are the problems:

DRK and DRG are not the same. While the gap in gear has slimmed since abyssea, there are still options available to just DRG or DRK (mostly older items such as Adaburk). Different weapons, different implications of subjobs, different weapon delays...

The additional job abilities and traits of DRG need to be taken into account, such as jumps, and as you noted in your first post, the ACC bonus.
 Hades.Eliane
By Hades.Eliane 2010-10-19 09:49:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldnt even use full perle, that stuff is just too ugly.. :/

and NIN/DNC you want. It still does 100fist so still want some form of healing available if shadows fail, not to mention evasion bonuses from /dnc
 Fenrir.Snick
user: Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-10-19 09:50:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Eliane said:
Then you better have AF3+1 head and feet!
 Hades.Eliane
By Hades.Eliane 2010-10-19 09:53:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snick said:
Hades.Eliane said:
Then you better have AF3+1 head and feet!

Yes I do lol.

Guess i just love my homam pieces a lot since it took so long to obtain them
 Fenrir.Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-10-19 09:54:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not 100% sure cause I don't really give too much of a *** about my DRG, but pretty sure you're fine with homam legs/hands if you use AF3+1 head and feet.

What body you using?
 Hades.Eliane
By Hades.Eliane 2010-10-19 09:56:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snick said:
I'm not 100% sure cause I don't really give too much of a *** about my DRG, but pretty sure you're fine with homam legs/hands if you use AF3+1 head and feet.

What body you using?

Askar, mainly to maintain a 6 hit if in a party. Ares body for solo.
 Fenrir.Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-10-19 09:56:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Also I got 5/5 Homam in 2 Omegas, it's not hard to get them if you're a true LS leader and take all drops~

I wish I was trolling in this post :(
 Hades.Eliane
By Hades.Eliane 2010-10-19 09:57:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snick said:
Also I got 5/5 Homam in 2 Omegas, it's not hard to get them if you're a true LS leader and take all drops~

I wish I was trolling in this post :(

http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/181113
is my TP.

Took about 2 years and 5 LS to get all of mine.. :/
 Fenrir.Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-10-19 10:02:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Use Blitz over acc ring D:
 Hades.Eliane
By Hades.Eliane 2010-10-19 10:04:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snick said:
Use Blitz over acc ring D:

Oops, that shoulda been in there ~.~

/lazy to change..
 Phoenix.Miraun
By Phoenix.Miraun 2010-10-19 10:10:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Definitely looking good there Eliane
 Bahamut.Zorander
Server: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-10-19 11:12:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Full Perle wins over homam always.

But now that people have Af3 Feet..Homam can make a triumphant return and can get rid of Perle(for drg at least well and probably drk was well.) I spent way to much time killing NM's that have terrible drop rates, and not enough time doing quests for AF3.
Phoenix.Miraun said:
Was thinking the 3% was a 4%, didn't realize they had fixed it. Full Perle: STR +22 DEX +14 VIT +10 Attack +25 Accuracy +18 Haste +9% "Critical hit rate" +2% Versus STR +5 Attack +12 Accuracy + 13 "Double Attack" +2% "Store TP" +5 Haste +14% So... 17 more STR, 14 more Dex, 10 more VIT, 13 more ATT, 5 more ACC, the same haste, and 2% Crit rate versus 2% DA, and 5 STP. While you will achieve a 6 hit setup, it relies on full timing the Askar body for jumps. Whether or not it's stronger comes down to an evaluation of the next best alternative body piece the DRG has available to WS and Jump in to maintain the 6 hit build. I always found being at just the 16.7% number for DRG to be insufficient if I wanted to macro in full Ares for jumps, which, in the instance of a double attack (often) would not hinder TP growth to put me back down at a 7 hit build. And there's no difficult content in FFXI outside of abyssea at the moment, so discussing the best WS gear outside of abyssea is irrelevant.
Im talking tp gain......who the hell cares about str vit attack or crit hit rate when gaining tp , and abysea is just whats cool now, and the thing is, with the HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE amount of atma bonuses you get now, I dont think it will make much of a difference. Seriously, that HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE amount of str/dex you get, you can wear pretty much anything,and it wont make much of a dif when ws'in. My main dd is drk, I do switch to a ws build for guillo, but at this point ws'in in full perle, or ws'in in a decent ws build makes hardly any dif (didnt on my screen anyways) anyways, Im sleepy, going to bed
^ what the hell? Is he serious?