Rdm Tanking Nerf..... ?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » rdm tanking nerf..... ?
rdm tanking nerf..... ?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Asura.Jaybezz
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Jaybezz 2010-06-21 12:39:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Enmity generation for the following spells has been adjusted:
Sleep / Sleep II / Dispel / Blind / Blind II / Bind

hmmmm any views on the rdm tank being so 75 ; ;

Leviathan.Aneu
Server: Leviathan
user: Luz
By Leviathan.Aneu 2010-06-21 12:41:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Affects other jobs who sub mages too, like my NIN/DRK. I don't think anyone doubts that the adjustment probably is for the worse as far as those tanks are concerned...
 Leviathan.Dubont
user: Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-21 12:43:02
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Leviathan.Aneu
By Leviathan.Aneu 2010-06-21 12:44:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Dubont said:

Picture is old, having fun stalking my posts?
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-21 12:45:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just going into every thread that I think I can have a nice laugh in =)

You aren't pretty enough to stalk sorry =\

AZN onry
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2010-06-21 12:45:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Hurts pld/rdm too, as I really doubt they would ever increase the enmity gain...
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-06-21 12:51:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Comparatively SAM as a tank has been boosted.

WHO WOULD'VE SEEN THAT ONE COMING?
 Fenrir.Xeonerable
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Xeonerable 2010-06-21 12:54:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jaybezz said:

Wow as if keeping hate is hard enough already lol.
I will spam all possible enfeebles and cure-bomb people and still never keep hate. I don't have -enmity merits or gear either.
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-06-21 12:55:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Farewell RDM
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-06-21 12:56:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Btw I went over all possibly enmity spells RDM/NIN currently gets and there is no way you can possibly keep hate anymore. Your most efficient (read: only) sources of building CE effectively are curing ... or nuking. Shame both come with a high MP cost!

Unless the enmity reduction is MINOR, goodbye RDM tank and goodbye DRK tank. Hello PLD tank and hello SAM tank.
 Asura.Izilder
user: Izildur
By Asura.Izilder 2010-06-21 12:56:05
Link | Quote | Reply

well i suppose we have to see how the "adjustments" will affect ce/ve gain and decay with those spells @@

as long as Dispel isnt totally killed off you could still get by on rdm with that and cure swaps - it just wont be as mp efficient.

i swear if SE have pushed everyone to tanking on just Pld im going to be pissed.
 Leviathan.Aneu
By Leviathan.Aneu 2010-06-21 12:56:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Xeonerable said:
Asura.Jaybezz said:

I will spam all possible enfeebles and cure-bomb people and still never keep hate. I don't have -enmity merits or gear either.

Google Kaeko FFXI and read his posts on enmity. He has some charts giving hate values for spells that are invaluable to spell-spamming tanks. Some of the staple spells for some jobs weren't affected still like Stun, Aspir, Ninjutsu... but Bind is a big loss for NIN/DRK and (I don't know for sure) I think Blind for NIN/RDM.
 Siren.Krystale
Server: Siren
user: vaness
By Siren.Krystale 2010-06-21 12:59:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jaybezz said:
Enmity generation for the following spells has been adjusted: Sleep / Sleep II / Dispel / Blind / Blind II / Bind hmmmm any views on the rdm tank being so 75 ; ;
wondered the same
 Cerberus.Excelior
Server: Cerberus
user: Excelior
By Cerberus.Excelior 2010-06-21 13:00:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Btw I went over all possibly enmity spells RDM/NIN currently gets and there is no way you can possibly keep hate anymore. Your most efficient (read: only) sources of building CE effectively are curing ... or nuking. Shame both come with a high MP cost! Unless the enmity reduction is MINOR, goodbye RDM tank and goodbye DRK tank. Hello PLD tank and hello SAM tank.

Why would u lose drk tank? Most of drks Hate generation is from DD/stun. If you can't DD you shouldn't be using drk tank anyway. I really doubt they will complete nerf the emnity though, I mean if they made sleeps hateless it would seriously break mages for a lot of end game ***by making it easy to pull large quanitys of mobs off of blm sleepers. (Dynamis)
[+]
 Asura.Steam
By Asura.Steam 2010-06-21 13:00:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Btw I went over all possibly enmity spells RDM/NIN currently gets and there is no way you can possibly keep hate anymore. Your most efficient (read: only) sources of building CE effectively are curing ... or nuking. Shame both come with a high MP cost!

Unless the enmity reduction is MINOR, goodbye RDM tank and goodbye DRK tank. Hello PLD tank and hello SAM tank.

DRK never could tank, RDM can tank to the extend of keeping blinks up better than pld but cant keep up with a good pld or SAM tank, PLD can keep enmity, blinks and take dmg pretty good but gets out tanked by even gimp sams. SAM can keep blinks enmity and take dmg good.

So yeah,SAM> PLD when it comes to tanking unless you are a gimp as hell and cant count to 3
[+]
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-21 13:02:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Steam said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:

DRK never could tank, RDM can tank to the extend of keeping blinks up better than pld but cant keep up with a good pld or SAM tank, PLD can keep enmity, blinks and take dmg pretty good but gets out tanked by even gimp sams. SAM can keep blinks enmity and take dmg good.

So yeah,SAM> PLD when it comes to tanking unless you are a gimp as hell and cant count to 3
I have to disagree with you. You are wrong on just about every account.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2010-06-21 13:02:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Dubont said:

not to rag on you, but you've posted that very same image like twenty million times this past week; don't you have any other variants of it available?

also, steam's right unless you're still living in 2007
[+]
 Leviathan.Aneu
By Leviathan.Aneu 2010-06-21 13:03:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Steam said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:

Don't tell that DRK never could tank part to people over at BG, they could swear it works for almost everything they do >_>
[+]
 Asura.Eeek
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2010-06-21 13:03:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Aneu said:
Fenrir.Xeonerable said:
Asura.Jaybezz said:

Google Kaeko FFXI and read his posts on enmity. He has some charts giving hate values for spells that are invaluable to spell-spamming tanks. Some of the staple spells for some jobs weren't affected still like Stun, Aspir, Ninjutsu... but Bind is a big loss for NIN/DRK and (I don't know for sure) I think Blind for NIN/RDM.

Sleep, Dispel, Blind, and Bind are all big losses for NIN/DRK. With only Stun and Poison left (to the best of my memory, I've never seen NIN/DRK tanks use Ninjitsu enfeebles/nukes), I'm assuming that NIN/DRK is dead.
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-21 13:03:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Ironguy said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:

not to rag on you, but you've posted that very same image like twenty million times this past week; don't you have any other variants of it available?
yea but thats the only one that is saved on my account so its the easiest to access
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-06-21 13:04:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Why can't(couldn't) DRK tank? Great CE and VE tools and good survivability. RDM was always better than PLD (and I have a fairly good PLD).
Quote:
Why would u lose drk tank? Most of drks Hate generation is from DD/stun.

Mainly because of its niche. DRK was really good where you couldn't always engage (Tiamat etc) because it could spam hate spells in the air; notsomuch anymore.
[+]
 Asura.Steam
By Asura.Steam 2010-06-21 13:05:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Even blu is a better tank than drk, drk is a useless tp feeder (excluding zergs duh) and a no good of a tank.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2010-06-21 13:05:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Dubont said:
yea but thats the only one that is saved on my account so its the easiest to access

o.
 Leviathan.Aneu
By Leviathan.Aneu 2010-06-21 13:05:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eeek said:
Leviathan.Aneu said:
Fenrir.Xeonerable said:
Asura.Jaybezz said:

Sleep, Dispel, Blind, and Bind are all big losses for NIN/DRK. With only Stun and Poison left (to the best of my memory, I've never seen NIN/DRK tanks use Ninjitsu enfeebles/nukes), I'm assuming that NIN/DRK is dead.

Ninjutsu spells give CE, Sleep is a bit of a loss, Dispel is Sleep with a shorter recast timer and higher cost and.... isn't available /DRK. Nor is Blind. Bind is a major VE tool though.

Edit: yes I typed the wrong things
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-06-21 13:06:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Steam said:
Even blu is a better tank than drk, drk is a useless tp feeder (excluding zergs duh) and a no good of a tank.

Because you have to engage to tank. K.
[+]
 Asura.Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2010-06-21 13:06:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Excelior said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Btw I went over all possibly enmity spells RDM/NIN currently gets and there is no way you can possibly keep hate anymore. Your most efficient (read: only) sources of building CE effectively are curing ... or nuking. Shame both come with a high MP cost! Unless the enmity reduction is MINOR, goodbye RDM tank and goodbye DRK tank. Hello PLD tank and hello SAM tank.

Why would u lose drk tank? Most of drks Hate generation is from DD/stun. If you can't DD you shouldn't be using drk tank anyway. I really doubt they will complete nerf the emnity though, I mean if they made sleeps hateless it would seriously break mages for a lot of end game ***by making it easy to pull large quanitys of mobs off of blm sleepers. (Dynamis)

As a BLM, my exp buffer welcomes this development.
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-21 13:07:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Steam said:
Can I just say flat out that you have no idea what you are talking about?
[+]
 Cerberus.Excelior
Server: Cerberus
user: Excelior
By Cerberus.Excelior 2010-06-21 13:07:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Steam said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
DRK never could tank, RDM can tank to the extend of keeping blinks up better than pld but cant keep up with a good pld or SAM tank, PLD can keep enmity, blinks and take dmg pretty good but gets out tanked by even gimp sams. SAM can keep blinks enmity and take dmg good. So yeah,SAM> PLD when it comes to tanking unless you are a gimp as hell and cant count to 3

This is pretty much fail :/ Drk can tank pretty much anything that doesnt double attack a lot or wipe shadows a lot. I think the only HNM it really can't tank is Khimaira and that is mainly due to dreadstorm. I also think people who mele khimaira are tards but that's another conversation entirely. Pretty much any job can tank with /nin. I've seen blm/nins tank end game as well whm/nins, sam/nins, war/nins, and mnk/nins. Pld really is only the best tank if you're low manning something or fighting a mob that attacks multiple times frequently/quickly. Oh and for the record before yo usay its an MP sink, my drk generally takes more damage than any of the plds and gets cured the least according to parses. Explain.

Edit: you apperently do HNM and have killed PW so I assume you should be a vetern at end game. You're either trolling or just ignorant, I'm not sure which.
[+]
 Asura.Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2010-06-21 13:10:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Aneu said:
Asura.Eeek said:
Leviathan.Aneu said:
Fenrir.Xeonerable said:
Asura.Jaybezz said:

Ninjutsu spells give CE, Sleep is a bit of a loss, Dispel is Sleep with a shorter recast timer and higher cost and.... isn't available /DRK. Nor is Blind. Bind is a major VE tool though.

Edit: yes I typed the wrong things

My bad. I have no idea why I stuck Blind and Dispel in there.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-21 13:10:27
Link | Quote | Reply

If you look at the emnity tables you would see that something like this is necessary to keep tanking with spells from being too insane.

I forget the exact numbers but if things continued like they are at 99 emnity from damage dealt or curing is like a good 20-30% less than it is now.

I actually like them doing it like this instead of keep the other stuff doing as much as it does now. Makes it less likely for people not trying to get hate to have capped emnity
First Page 2 3 4 5 6