Campaign!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Campaign » Campaign!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Campaign!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
First Page 2 3 4
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-06-20 06:51:30
Link | Quote | Reply

SE fix this horrible thing. 500 people attacking one mob, small group bringing mobs 50 years away from everyone else and soloing. Standing around waiting for the next wave when, oh look it was just someone soloing 50 years away. People spam everything they have just to get points because theres 50 others beating on the same mob. We all end up getting like 800 xp per fight... cmon. It's become custom for people to run around like vultures to check if anyone else is soloing. Is this really what SE had in mind when they made campaign? Did they want people to work together as a team or solo for points to get the max xp. There is no team work, people don't even cure each other. WHM will just stand there meleeing instead of helping others out. When you fighting something and theres like 50 others whacking at it, be sure you aren't the one with hate or you will eat 500 ws's and nobody will cure you.

Screw this event, one medal away from highest and im outta here! It will only get worse with monday's update because everyone and their mom (as if they weren't here already) will come and join in. SE you need to up the mobs HP by like 40k so that the fights last longer, and institute a penalty for taking mobs beyond x point. That is your fix, good day friends.
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-06-20 07:00:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Why will Mondays update make everyone flood into campaign? I'd have thought everyone would be flooding to exp camps, new WotG nation quests or one of the two new areas.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-06-20 07:07:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes it will be crowded to hell and back, make no mistake. A lot of gimp noobs use this as their only xp source. Here is a pic for reference,

This isn't even EVERYONE. I checked the Union and it had like 100 people in the zone, and I didn't even sign up yet so there were few people who didn't either. This is every single zone on my server, the only bearable place is beaucidine glacier because the mobs are harder there and people die more often.
[+]
 Fenrir.Luarania
Server: Fenrir
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-20 07:13:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Holy crap ><; that sucks..
I thought Fenrir was bad in the mornings. Is it like that all day??
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-06-20 07:15:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep all day long :(
[+]
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-20 07:18:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel your pain man =/ thats just crappy luck.
 Unicorn.Moldtech
Server: Unicorn
user: Moldtech
By Unicorn.Moldtech 2010-06-20 07:21:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea, and their whack-a-fort nerf made it all worse too.

Edit: and they still do beaucidine on my server they just can't go further than the very bottom of the one tower hiding lol. Cause they bad enough to solo a campaign mob but them surrounding mobs will eat their faces ^^
 Bismarck.Bloodbeat
Server: Bismarck
user: bloodbeat
By Bismarck.Bloodbeat 2010-06-20 07:24:53
Link | Quote | Reply

It varies on Bis'
I had a few lousy 400-600 battles and a few 1500+ ones.
I'm keeping my eyes peeled for the moonfang pack today, full moon coming up :D
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-06-20 07:26:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Well if all the gimp noobs will be in campaign at the update, and you'll be there being pissed off by them... Doesn't that make you a gimp noob too?
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-06-20 07:27:57
Link | Quote | Reply

That is why I am spending my time today to get my last rank.... so I don't have to be there Monday.
[+]
 Alexander.Lacas
Server: Alexander
user: Rakasu
By Alexander.Lacas 2010-06-20 07:32:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not even going to try campaign for at least a week...I'd be pushed to even try FoV.
 Shiva.Superdan
Server: Shiva
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-06-20 07:32:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Daaamn, usually when I campaign in the more 'popular' zones its rare to see more than 25+ people, even then campaign can suck when you get npc's slaughtering everything.

This is why I <3 Crawler's Nest and ***, basically no one seems to go there on my server and you can just duo/trio everything one at a time.
 Bahamut.Kormix
Server: Bahamut
user: Korm
By Bahamut.Kormix 2010-06-20 07:33:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Would be easy as hell for SE to stop the solo'ers too. Just make a range restriction from the fortification where the mob will disengage and head back past a certain point... Either that or have your little sword icon disappear after a certain distance. If you stray too far away from the spawn point while fighting ANNMs it boots you from the fight, can't see why SE wouldn't do it here.
[+]
By Failcard 2010-06-20 07:41:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I do agree that SE needs to do something with campaign. With people getting more levels new abilites will only make things worse if they dont do something now. What I think needs to be done is make it so when you get so far from the fort that the mob deagros and heads back to the fort. But, on the same hand I can see why people would/do run away with mobs.

Notice all the people in the zone, I know you did, it's the only way to get somesort of good exp. This is why I think SE needs to make the Mobs stronger, and/or dumb down the NPC's a bit.

Here's what I do to go and get good xp where there are not alot of people. Go to beastmen controlled area's. Garliage Citadel is a good place to go even when it's windy controlled. Not alot of people there usually and can pick off mobs one by one. Atleast thats how it is on my server.

I can not see how they can not change campaign with jobs going to be at 99 it's going to be insane if they dont.

Good luck on getting your rank!
 Shiva.Xet
user: Xet
By Shiva.Xet 2010-06-20 07:41:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Or add more mobs etc.

I don't mind solo'ers at all as long as they don't *** (I don't) if you jump on their mob.

What annoys me is when there are 10 mobs whacking the fort and some lvl 62 runs up and jumps on your mob. Even worse if its like a pld. If you are not in the group or are not self-sufficient then gtfo.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Awezomeos
user: Awezomeos
By Bismarck.Awezomeos 2010-06-20 07:45:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Yes it will be crowded to hell and back, make no mistake. A lot of gimp noobs use this as their only xp source. Here is a pic for reference,

This isn't even EVERYONE. I checked the Union and it had like 100 people in the zone, and I didn't even sign up yet so there were few people who didn't either. This is every single zone on my server, the only bearable place is beaucidine glacier because the mobs are harder there and people die more often.
Thats nothing its far worse on bismarck. Well they better let more battles happen at the same time and make the mobs tougher again.
 Ragnarok.Corres
Server: Ragnarok
user: Geloudia
By Ragnarok.Corres 2010-06-20 07:46:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
A lot of gimp noobs use this as their only xp source.
go *** yourself. I almost never get invites as MNK so why the hell not do Campaign insteqad of NO EXP for Weeks or Months.

[+]
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-20 07:50:04
Link | Quote | Reply

The problem isn't the soloer's, mobs, or NPCs, it's actually everyone. Those that solo are tried of idiots that can solo just fine and won't take one off the fort and leech others instead.

Let me give an example. I was in campaign yesterday in Saru, BRDs came in (something I can solo alone easy) and I took one, a THF/DNC was nearby and took one and linked a second by mistake. a DRG/DNC was in the area and started to hit mine while this THF was dealing with two. So I say to the DRG that I know spoke english "Hey go get that mob the DNC (thought he was at the time) has and help him out" What does he do? Just sits and keeps wailing on mine.

So wrapping this up, I run over and take the second off the THF and dealing with two (DRG super'd just to be a *** when he started to get hate) I managed to get away and lose aggro on the one I first had, pulled over by a pixie where it got slaughtered by 15 others and then run back to see this DRG/DNC soloing the mob just fine.

Again, issue is with lazy people trying to leech and not have to work for their exp. If anyone blame them first, then solo people.

Another note is that curing NPCs is 10% of what you cure. Was in another battle where mobs ended up fleeing and I sat and pretty much fully healed NPCs till they left while everyone else wacked the fort. I probably came out with 1k higher than anyone else because of that.

TL;DR People are morons, stop leeching and solo mobs more if your server allows it.

Oh and at the only exp source noob comment, PLD only and yeah it pretty much is. Went from 55 to 75 in campaign alone and 90% of my merits are from it. And saying I am gimp in any way is.. well, go ahead and think that. Not my fault you can't see what us 'gimps' can really do.
[+]
 Shiva.Xet
user: Xet
By Shiva.Xet 2010-06-20 07:52:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Corres said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
A lot of gimp noobs use this as their only xp source.
go *** yourself. I almost never get invites as MNK so why the hell not do Campaign insteqad of NO EXP for Weeks or Months.

To be fair if your info is up to date FoV is better before 60 anyway.

Also I feel sorry for you, I don't know mnks that get no invites 54+ now. With MMM and birds ppl just take DD's.
By Failcard 2010-06-20 07:54:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the thing that makes alot of people mad is when you are dead and you see 4 or 5 mages walk by you. Now could have they maybe planned better, yes. But I've died a few times in campaign battle, sometimes by my fault, sometimes by and Aegis, Avalon Breastplate, Pld running from a mob and then linking 8 and killing whole zone.

I can also see where you are coming from because Mages get kinda boned in the whole deal of Campaign battle also.

So yeah I think what everyone is trying to say is that SE needs to make changes!
By Failcard 2010-06-20 07:55:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Theres a simple answer to not getting invites.... MAKE YOUR OWN DAMN PARTIES!!!
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-06-20 08:00:34
Link | Quote | Reply

"go *** yourself. I almost never get invites as MNK so why the hell not do Campaign insteqad of NO EXP for Weeks or Months."

lol waiting for invites? I JUST got mnk 75, stop being a lazy idiot and go grab people to xp with.

Sometimes it isn't just poor planning, when you have a mob like the gargoyles, and 50 people are whacking at it those TP moves become deadly with just curing waltz 2... or any cure.
[+]
 Ramuh.Tousou
Server: Ramuh
user: Toufu
By Ramuh.Tousou 2010-06-20 08:01:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm guilty of "Leeching" from time to time. Not everyone can solo every mob, after all.

Hell, there are times I'll just follow someone and beat on their mob cause they drag it away from everyone. 2 is much better than 12, that's for sure.

In my defense, I do enfeeble and such to make things run smoother... Maybe Stun/Paralyze/Slow are bad to use on Campaign mobs? <.<
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodbeat
By Bismarck.Bloodbeat 2010-06-20 08:01:59
Link | Quote | Reply

655 in Rolanberry :S
I think people are waiting for me to leave now 'cause I'm high lotted on Wootz ^^
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-06-20 08:02:53
Link | Quote | Reply

It should just stop being a solo event and more group oriented. This is a war after all, there shouldn't be instances of people soloing but instead working together!
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-06-20 08:03:40
Link | Quote | Reply

lol I never sign for those unions, the time it takes for me to sign up for one a mob is already at 2%. When I do sign up you better lot 955+ or you lose... strange how that works... people botting lots? >_>
By Failcard 2010-06-20 08:07:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I wasn't saying it was bad planning all the time, sometimes you get the people who WS right away on a mob and run and die. That's bad planning.

Yeah I find it wierd that alot of times the same 2 or 3 people will win all of the lots. But, then again I lot crap all the time.
 Bismarck.Bloodbeat
By Bismarck.Bloodbeat 2010-06-20 08:08:21
Link | Quote | Reply

It seems pretty random, I norms dont get anything and I dont lot on stuff like arrowwood lumber that has no value. I did walk away with 4 spoils from one battle the other day though.
That was probably because I was in a small union though...
 Midgardsormr.Bangarang
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Bangarang
By Midgardsormr.Bangarang 2010-06-20 08:09:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I like the Campaign music?

GTFO, who is anyone to call people "gimp" because they use Campaign battles for exp?

But in all seriousness, CB are absurd with how greedy and self-centered people are. <(_ _)>
[+]
First Page 2 3 4