Empyrean Weapons: Masamune
First Page 2 3
 Leviathan.Webjester
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Webjester
By Leviathan.Webjester 2010-06-14 11:44:18
Link | Quote | Reply

While the details aren't out yet, I'm curious how many of you have recently started doing the Radennotachi Trial of Magians in the hopes that that's the path we'll need to get Masamune?

{Excitement}
[+]
 Odin.Mikumaru
Server: Odin
user: Mikumaru
By Odin.Mikumaru 2010-06-14 11:52:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Really think the Empyrean weapon will be final stage of current ToM weapons ? Sounds legit , but the wording on the VoA site leads me to believe these will be Mythic/Relic-esque in terms that they are gained from something in Abyssea in an 'unawakened' or Raw state requiring possible ToM quests or soemthiing to unlock/Awaken .
 Leviathan.Webjester
user: Webjester
By Leviathan.Webjester 2010-06-14 11:56:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Mikumaru said:
Really think the Empyrean weapon will be final stage of current ToM weapons ?

Honestly, its all speculation now (clearly), but it's lines like this

"Being the epithet bestowed upon a fabled assemblage of arms imbued with ancient moogle magic..."

"A prophecy passed down from antiquity by the esoteric Magican Mooglehood...."

... that make me think they will be final stage Trial of the Magian weapons. I started last week and am just over 50% to the final high damage form.
 Asura.Rule
Server: Asura
user: Rule
By Asura.Rule 2010-06-14 12:05:14
Link | Quote | Reply

well abyssea is going to have AF3 but its SE, anything could happen

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Dubont
user: Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-14 12:19:28
Link | Quote | Reply

/prepares for AF3 to be like relic weapons. GO GO 127mil BLM hat!
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-06-14 12:21:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally did what the OP said (started Radennotachi in hopes it turns into Masamune) because it seems likely that it will (I actually wanted a Radennotachi anyways lol since I can't find a damn VNM group to finish my Kurodachi high dmg OaT).....but there is also the possibility that ALL of the current "final" weapons turn into Masamune, just with different stat sets...

SE recently did this in FF13 wherein all of your "T2" weapons (you can upgrade weapons in that game if you didn't know) have the same name, whereas all the ultimates have the same name, they just have different skill sets placed on them based on the starter weapon you used originally.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-06-14 12:21:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it's more likely the Empyrean Weapons are going to be a separate entity entirely from the Original Magian Weapons. My personal, unsubstantiated and unlikely theory is:

1.) Acquire Empyrean Weapon through the Add on(Vision of Abyssea) scenario story line. Similar to the previous Micro Expansions. There may or May not be some Augments you can put on it through stock Trial of the Magians.

2.) The Empyrean Weapon you choose, will further be upgraded to keep it Top-Tier when the next Level Cap raise, and subsequently, the next Micro Expansion Comes out, Scars of Abyssea. Completing the Scars of Abyssea Micro will further evolve your chosen Empyrean weapon, to a true force of destruction.

3.) With The Final cap raise in December, and the possible Conclusion of any "Full" Expansions, Heroes of Abyssea. Your Empyrean Weapon will Further be upgraded by completing the Battle Scenario, and resolving the Abyssean crisis once and for all. It is also not too far fetched to believe that the Empyrean Weapons will become a Third Set of Relics, through the Final Magian Trials that will evolve the First two sets into a "New set of Ultimate Weapons".

Again, that's just how I personally see it playing out. Supported by absolutely no evidence, and should be taken as speculation at best, and pure dumbfuckery at worst.
[+]
 Fenrir.Luarania
Server: Fenrir
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-14 12:31:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll just leave this here~
[+]
 Siren.Alicenchains
Server: Siren
By Siren.Alicenchains 2010-06-14 12:42:06
Link | Quote | Reply

How about instead of speculating and leving these threads open for the obvious trolls i dunno, you guys just wait till update, i am personally sick of all the "speculating", curb your troll nerdness and be patient and wait.
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-06-14 12:45:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I can see the next set of relics being something along the lines of what Zicdeh is saying, but I don't think they'll be the empyrean weapons. I just can't see a relic requiring a mini-expansion, the last three were entirely separate to everything, and each had their own separate reward. Albeit, they didn't introduce any new areas.

My guess is the empyrean weapons are simply the reward for the Heroes of Abyssea, or whichever expansion is first up, and that they won't be anything ground-breaking. I mean, it's not like they're going to call them pretty average weapons in the description, they'll always talk them up to make them sound good :p

Siren.Alicenchains said:
How about instead of speculating and leving these threads open for the obvious trolls i dunno, you guys just wait till update, i am personally sick of all the "speculating", curb your troll nerdness and be patient and wait.
If you don't like speculation, don't click on a thread titled "Empyrean Weapons: Masamune" before any official info has been released. What did you expect to find in here?
[+]
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-14 12:46:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Alicenchains said:
You do realize that with all this speculating we have probably already nailed what is going to need to be done in order to get the things.

Troll on, troll on.
[+]
 Cerberus.Hiryo
Server: Cerberus
user: Hiryo
By Cerberus.Hiryo 2010-06-14 12:58:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
I think it's more likely the Empyrean Weapons are going to be a separate entity entirely from the Original Magian Weapons. My personal, unsubstantiated and unlikely theory is:

1.) Acquire Empyrean Weapon through the Add on(Vision of Abyssea) scenario story line. Similar to the previous Micro Expansions. There may or May not be some Augments you can put on it through stock Trial of the Magians.

2.) The Empyrean Weapon you choose, will further be upgraded to keep it Top-Tier when the next Level Cap raise, and subsequently, the next Micro Expansion Comes out, Scars of Abyssea. Completing the Scars of Abyssea Micro will further evolve your chosen Empyrean weapon, to a true force of destruction.

3.) With The Final cap raise in December, and the possible Conclusion of any "Full" Expansions, Heroes of Abyssea. Your Empyrean Weapon will Further be upgraded by completing the Battle Scenario, and resolving the Abyssean crisis once and for all. It is also not too far fetched to believe that the Empyrean Weapons will become a Third Set of Relics, through the Final Magian Trials that will evolve the First two sets into a "New set of Ultimate Weapons".

Again, that's just how I personally see it playing out. Supported by absolutely no evidence, and should be taken as speculation at best, and pure dumbfuckery at worst.

I like this theory, would be nice if it actually was this.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-06-14 13:00:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:
I can see the next set of relics being something along the lines of what Zicdeh is saying, but I don't think they'll be the empyrean weapons. I just can't see a relic requiring a mini-expansion, the last three were entirely separate to everything, and each had their own separate reward. Albeit, they didn't introduce any new areas.

My guess is the empyrean weapons are simply the reward for the Heroes of Abyssea, or whichever expansion is first up, and that they won't be anything ground-breaking. I mean, it's not like they're going to call them pretty average weapons in the description, they'll always talk them up to make them sound good :p

Siren.Alicenchains said:
If you don't like speculation, don't click on a thread titled "Empyrean Weapons: Masamune" before any official info has been released. What did you expect to find in here?

The fact that a relic would be tied to an expansion has already happened in both cases. Rise of the Zilart is perhaps a bad example, because for 95% of the FFXI base, it wasn't optional.

Treasures of Aht Derpgan on the other hand, was entirely optional for all but a very small fraction of the consumer base. Why anyone would play an MMO and not get an expansion that opens new areas, I will never understand, but that doesn't make it any less optional.

Relic Weapons: Rise of the Zilart.
Mythic Weapons: Treasures of Aht Derpgan
Empyrean Weapon: Abyssea.

As far as I'm concerned, Abyssea is a full expansion, broken into 3 updates and 3 easy payments of 9.99$

In the unlikely scenario that I am right, that is what can only be described as dastardly. Clever, but *** up, to have 1 reward through all 3, but it's odd that the same people I see hounding SE for wanting to "Wring us dry" in one thread, dismissing that they'd do such a thing in this thread.
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-14 13:05:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Treasures of Aht Derpgan
I lol'd.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-06-14 13:14:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Quote:
Treasures of Aht Derpgan
I lol'd.

I was trying to be all proper and spell it right, but after about 200 failures to put the "H" In the right place, I said "*** it"

[+]
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-14 13:18:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Quote:
Treasures of Aht Derpgan
I lol'd.

I was trying to be all proper and spell it right, but after about 200 failures to put the "H" In the right place, I said "*** it"
That's why I always abbreviate it unless it's in game where I have auto-translate.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-06-14 13:32:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know how you can call it a full expansion spread over three mini-expansions without knowing anything about them, lol. New areas are certainly a plus over the last set of mini-expansions, but there's no telling what else will be included aside from the Empyrean weapons. We also have no idea on stats yet, or how they'll be achieved. The weapons are specifically listed under Vision of Abyssea, and we have no info at all (that I'm aware of) for Heroes and Scars of Abyssea.

I'm not saying you're wrong, you could well be right, but it is all just speculation at this point. If this set of add-on expansions is anything like the last, then it'll be a reasonably short set of missions, and these weapons will be the reward from the tenshodo coffer.

But meh, when all's said and done, I don't care enough to worry myself over it, I'll wait until we get some official word of which way is up. Only a weak until the expansion's out anyway, and we'll all be busy as *** levelling to 80, getting blu spells, finishing WotG nation quests, exploring the first part of Walk of Echos, exploring the Abyssea area, doing the Abyssea quests, and then probably killing Bubbling Bernie 200 times for a new magian weapon.

Speaking of blu spells though, all the ones .dat mined so far are from already existing mobs, while we have two different sets of new zones coming out at once, which presumably both have their own new mobs. Since we're in the business of speculating, anyone else think the spells .dat mined so far are all pre 75?
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-06-14 13:36:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:
I don't know how you can call it a full expansion spread over three mini-expansions without knowing anything about them, lol. New areas are certainly a plus over the last set of mini-expansions, but there's no telling what else will be included aside from the Empyrean weapons. We also have no idea on stats yet, or how they'll be achieved. The weapons are specifically listed under Vision of Abyssea, and we have no info at all (that I'm aware of) for Heroes and Scars of Abyssea.

I'm not saying you're wrong, you could well be right, but it is all just speculation at this point. If this set of add-on expansions is anything like the last, then it'll be a reasonably short set of missions, and these weapons will be the reward from the tenshodo coffer.

But meh, when all's said and done, I don't care enough to worry myself over it, I'll wait until we get some official word of which way is up. Only a weak until the expansion's out anyway, and we'll all be busy as *** levelling to 80, getting blu spells, finishing WotG nation quests, exploring the first part of Walk of Echos, exploring the Abyssea area, doing the Abyssea quests, and then probably killing Bubbling Bernie 200 times for a new magian weapon.

Speaking of blu spells though, all the ones .dat mined so far are from already existing mobs, while we have two different sets of new zones coming out at once, which presumably both have their own new mobs. Since we're in the business of speculating, anyone else think the spells .dat mined so far are all pre 75?

That's just how I consider the expansions. The previous 3 were totally unrelated to one another, these 3 new ones share the common link of "Abyssea". That's why I'm just gonna call Abyssea one expansion, Billy Mays'd into THREE EASY PAYMENTS OF ONLY 9.99$, ACT NOW, AND YOU ALSO GET ONE FREE GIFT!

/miss Billy Mays.
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-06-14 13:40:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm, you have a point there, I guess the new area isn't the only difference after all. Still, wait and sea I guess. Mostly I just find it hard to believe the new relics would be released before the level cap reaches 99, but having said that, the level cap is rising three times coinciding with the release of each add-on, so it WILL be 99 by the time the third one is released.
 Odin.Mikumaru
By Odin.Mikumaru 2010-06-14 13:54:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
I think it's more likely the Empyrean Weapons are going to be a separate entity entirely from the Original Magian Weapons. My personal, unsubstantiated and unlikely theory is: 1.) Acquire Empyrean Weapon through the Add on(Vision of Abyssea) scenario story line. Similar to the previous Micro Expansions. There may or May not be some Augments you can put on it through stock Trial of the Magians. 2.) The Empyrean Weapon you choose, will further be upgraded to keep it Top-Tier when the next Level Cap raise, and subsequently, the next Micro Expansion Comes out, Scars of Abyssea. Completing the Scars of Abyssea Micro will further evolve your chosen Empyrean weapon, to a true force of destruction. 3.) With The Final cap raise in December, and the possible Conclusion of any "Full" Expansions, Heroes of Abyssea. Your Empyrean Weapon will Further be upgraded by completing the Battle Scenario, and resolving the Abyssean crisis once and for all. It is also not too far fetched to believe that the Empyrean Weapons will become a Third Set of Relics, through the Final Magian Trials that will evolve the First two sets into a "New set of Ultimate Weapons". Again, that's just how I personally see it playing out. Supported by absolutely no evidence, and should be taken as speculation at best, and pure dumbfuckery at worst.

This is a much clear line of thought of what i was trying to say . I agree it is kinda odd that these weapons are attached to Vision of Abyssea , but again may strech to Scars and Heros . Also odd they are called Battle Senarios opposed to Add-On Senarios or Expansion PAck even tho they offer New Areas .
Siren.Alicenchains said:
We are Being patient , Discussing is a way for us to pass the time and enjoy the game even more . but i guess its easier to make a snarky remark while waiting for the Next Album release eh ? oh wait Blaine is dead isnt he.........
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-14 13:57:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:
What level are the current mobs? They may be for the 75-80 gap, and may have new mobs added with the same spells.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-06-14 14:03:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Odin.Blazza said:
What level are the current mobs? They may be for the 75-80 gap, and may have new mobs added with the same spells.

We know at least there will be lolturtle for Aqua Breath with Abyssea, probably better off learning it from Millenary Mossback though. Finally that thing becomes useful for something other than sitting and looking stupid
 Odin.Mikumaru
By Odin.Mikumaru 2010-06-14 14:05:34
Link | Quote | Reply

any site for the dats added on the 10th ? curious to see whats there.....
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-06-14 14:06:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Off the top of my head, qutrubs, treants, krakens, magic pots, gnats. So like, ranging from level 20 right up to level 83ish?

Even if all those spells rock, I'll be really disappointed if there are new mobs that don't bring new spells, and it would also be a first for blu. Every time new mobs have been introduced since the release of blu, the spells have been learnable from day 1. The spells mined from the .dats are definitely all from mobs already available, so yeah, that's the reasoning for my speculation there.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-14 14:09:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:
Off the top of my head, qutrubs, treants, krakens, magic pots, gnats. So like, ranging from level 20 right up to level 83ish?

Even if all those spells rock, I'll be really disappointed if there are new mobs that don't bring new spells, and it would also be a first for blu. Every time new mobs have been introduced since the release of blu, the spells have been learnable from day 1. The spells mined from the .dats are definitely all from mobs already available, so yeah, that's the reasoning for my speculation there.
Hmmm... I highly doubt BLU will go without new spells on the new mobs.
 Unicorn.Moldtech
Server: Unicorn
user: Moldtech
By Unicorn.Moldtech 2010-06-14 14:10:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Luarania said:
I'll just leave this here~

That pic reminds me of MechWarrior lol
[+]
 Ragnarok.Rusko
Server: Ragnarok
user: Rusko
By Ragnarok.Rusko 2010-06-14 14:21:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Moldtech said:

Choose your clan.
[+]
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-14 14:22:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Moldtech said:
Cause that is from MechWarrior, go go Mad Cat!
 Diabolos.Raelia
Server: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2010-06-14 14:25:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Luarania said:
First Page 2 3