Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Dynamis » Dyna Currency
Dyna Currency
 Ifrit.Jurai
Server: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: Jurai
By Ifrit.Jurai 2010-06-08 00:13:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Why is the price up so high now? Last I check was like 5-8k for any single piece here and now if you find Coin/Shell for less than 15 it's like mad crazy!

That much peeps doing upgrade now and demand can't keep up or what?

I ask because my wife and I won -1 pieces tonight and be nice to upgrade but 450k for a +1 piece that really does nothing extra is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.
 Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-06-08 00:17:14
Link | Quote | Reply

You've really gotta pick and choose the pieces that will actually matter on the upgrades ie: duelists chapeau -1 ect.

It's not worth upgrading 5/5 to +1 usually unless you are OCD. Plus if you only get the GOOD +1's it's less to replace so you can NPC store again.

just those two cents :D
 Shiva.Xet
Server: Shiva
user: Xet
By Shiva.Xet 2010-06-08 00:18:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Few reasons, the glass used to cost more then it does now, People want currency for upgrading relics which makes them highly sought after. If they dropped to say 5k each then people would eat them all up asap, this would lead to lack of supply meaning people would charge more and back to square one.

What +1 pieces did you get btw?
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-06-08 01:06:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder if it could have anything to do with the fact that servers have merged, but...

I don't see why this game should be any different in the economy dept. then it is in real life.. Ever strolled for the sales price comments on items? Everyone's so quick to assume that it's all RMT fixing prices..

But then I have to remind you that a lot of you that switched servers had to choose a new name because people made mules with your exact names (not every mule with the same name is responsibile for this mind you, but I'll be damned if even 25% of you found yourself moving to a new server where someone has already been using that names for months if not years prior to your move)

Anyways, it's just a point to make, but one you should really think of none the less.