WAR 75 Gear.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » WAR 75 Gear.
WAR 75 Gear.
First Page 2
 Cerberus.Hiryo
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Hiryo
By Cerberus.Hiryo 2010-05-29 15:29:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright this is the TP set that I am currently working towards:

What improvements can be made to it? At the moment I have most of this, and swap out to Hauberk when Aggressor is down.

This is the WS set im working towards as well;

Id use Martial for KJ and use my Erlking's Kheten (DMG+4 STR+3 ATK+6) For RR

Again, what can be improved on this?

And should I have separate builds for Rampage? at the moment I use the same WS set for all.
 Seraph.Rafik
Server: Seraph
user: dascorp
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-05-29 15:40:40
Link | Quote | Reply

do you have great axe merits and what food are you eating?
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-05-29 15:40:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Fort torque, Assault earring, Haub+1 and aurum feet for tp. Speed belt is better if u wanna camp KA. You're also gonna need full Gaxe merits to support acc loss with blitz ring, Askar body is trash.

KJ is also ***, get 117(crit cap on birds) dex for RR and use it. -dex in pallas are bad. Id aim for Hecatomb cap/hands/feet. Foragers/cucu mantle depending on ur acc/dex. Rajas/acc ring, if u got enough acc maybe a flame or a thunder to reach dex cap. Fire bomblet. Once again fort torque and Assault earring. depending on acc, more than likely haub+1 > KO.

I didn't bother mentioning HNM gear cept for hecta head, a replacement for that would be the head u got on or if your fighting something with higher eva, lolOhat. It's all dependent on what ur fighting, theres different gearsets u can go for, but askar body is never and pallas/alkys are for Steel cyclone onry. I also strongly dislike war jse feet for the sole purpose it ticks off if Im not in white hp.
[+]
 Alexander.Temaruma
Server: Alexander
user: Temarumaz
By Alexander.Temaruma 2010-05-29 15:42:47
Link | Quote | Reply

well i'm not a war but.. gorget for ws, assault earring for tp, alky's, rajas, a flame ring probably ws in some different legs (maybe byakkos for RR?) and use a different axe as far as i know martial isnt good for stuff aside from steel cyclone. again i'm not a war, just my opinion from what i see other people do

edit: dont bother with rampage, maybe if u have a ridill vs weaker mobs
 Cerberus.Hiryo
By Cerberus.Hiryo 2010-05-29 15:44:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Rafik said:

No, working on GA merits atm, and i either eat Curry bun +1, Pizza+1 or Sole depending on my acc
 Seraph.Rafik
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-05-29 15:48:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Hiryo said:
Seraph.Rafik said:

No, working on GA merits atm, and i either eat Curry bun 1, Pizza 1 or Sole depending on my acc

you arent capping accuracy with that tp gear even if you switch to a haub
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-05-29 15:50:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Temaruma said:
well i'm not a war but.. gorget for ws, assault earring for tp, alky's, rajas, a flame ring probably ws in some different legs (maybe byakkos for RR?) and use a different axe as far as i know martial isnt good for stuff aside from steel cyclone. again i'm not a war, just my opinion from what i see other people do

edit: dont bother with rampage, maybe if u have a ridill vs weaker mobs

*** me I forgot to say gorget, half the time I leave them in MH on accident and end up wsing in loltorque. But yeah, I'd farm a Steel syclone and a Raging Rush gorget for ws. I never use KJ as it's weaker than RR if you cap crit rate.

Martial is the one thing I never bothered to play with, you would get like a 10% or 20% crit bonus on RR with it from tp bonus, and yeah its mainly for Steel Cyclone, but I personally use an augmented erlkings, which =/= Perdu volgue. Since perdu is free id aim for that, do assaults and save ur IS. Going for some augments on erlkings isnt bad either.
[+]
 Cerberus.Hiryo
By Cerberus.Hiryo 2010-05-29 15:52:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Rafik said:
Cerberus.Hiryo said:
Seraph.Rafik said:

No, working on GA merits atm, and i either eat Curry bun 1, Pizza 1 or Sole depending on my acc

Ahh, can you suggest a set to me?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Ashaaman
Server: Sylph
user: Ashaaman
By Sylph.Ashaaman 2010-05-29 15:55:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Samuraiking said:
KJ is also ***,

Anything harder than a bird, this statement isn't true. (And even still, KJ hits birds pretty hard if you have Food/Berserk/Chaos roll(or minuet) but that depends on gear as well)
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-05-29 16:05:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Back when I first got KJ it did massive dmg, and I recently got back to the game a few weeks ago, and from what I've been told the special weapon dmg on it was removed and I've also yet to be able to hit the numbers with KJ I used to. RR is what pulls more dmg for me. I'll grant you it might depend on gear, if you DON'T have the dex cap for RR then KJ might pull more, but I have 119 dex in my set with +57 str. I forget my acc but it's enough to eat meat and still hit, i've also got Ebody and merits ect. though.

I'd still suggest crit cap + RR > KJ regardless though. I'm really sad they removed the special weapon type dmg bonus on it, KJ on birds used to be epic. Most things harder than a bird I would assume end game ***? There's always situations, but generally I'd pick RR > KJ unless I can follow up a sc for light dmg bonus.
[+]
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
Server: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-05-29 16:10:21
Link | Quote | Reply

6 gaxe merits
also have a Erlkings with dmg97/att+6/da+2 i interchange with perdu, depending on what we are fighting

WAR TP

WAR KJ
AMK Helm: str+6/ws acc+15

WAR RR (121 DEX)
AMK Helm: str+6/ws acc+15

works decent for me, hardly pull out WAR anymore these days tho :(
 Ragnarok.Flippant
Server: Ragnarok
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2010-05-29 16:10:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not really sure why the Cassie Earring >.> Keeping your Fowling would be better than that.

This has all probably been said, but get Perdu and buy Hauberk/+1, Assault Earring, Alky Bracelets, Dusk Ledelsens, Flame Rings, and a Triumph Earring. Get Askar Zucchetto and Gambieras for WS if you don't have access to Hecatomb--Unicorn won't be active most of the time and if you really need the acc then use Potent Belt. All of this is assuming you can't get endgame items.

If you can, Aurum Sabatons and Fort Torque for TP and Hecatomb Cap/Mittens(for RR)/Leggings.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-05-29 16:13:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Didnt read the responses, but from the look of it you dont have enough acc on WS. (Other than steel cyclone).
Forager is better for WS aswell.
[+]
 Seraph.Rafik
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-05-29 16:15:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm dont use Martial for KJ, low base damage, for SC sure at 100tp spam. Stick with Erlking's. Keep Foragers on for KJ. Flowing or Assault earring.

Askar head isnt bad for ws if you cant get heca cap, also Champion's Galea or Nocturnus Helm if your high enough medal for it. Aurum feet for tp, if you have a znm ls or some friends willing to help out. Farm the zeni.

Work on your CoP and Sky. I see that perdu great axe is far from you, low assault rank.

Do you have a sky ls? Work on getting some heca from sky if you do.

Rajas really helps out for 6hit when/sam. Hmm without rajas it would be rose strap, echphoria ring, brutal and chiv chain, but giving up some things for it.
 Cerberus.Hiryo
By Cerberus.Hiryo 2010-05-29 16:20:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for all the reply's i'll look into what you all said
[+]
 Ragnarok.Flippant
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2010-05-29 16:23:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Hiryo said:
Seraph.Rafik said:
Cerberus.Hiryo said:
Seraph.Rafik said:

Ahh, can you suggest a set to me?

I'd have about 89% hit rate on merit birds without sushi and no GA merits to give you an idea. Each merit'll add a little less than 1% hit rate for a total of ~+7%.

You'd have around 68% with the gear set you posted, no food/merits.
 Cerberus.Hiryo
By Cerberus.Hiryo 2010-05-29 16:31:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow, that's ***lol, thanks! I'll have to work on that >.>
 Ragnarok.Flippant
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2010-05-29 16:58:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh sorry, I'd have 91%, I forgot the 5 acc on Perdu.
 Sylph.Ashaaman
By Sylph.Ashaaman 2010-05-29 17:01:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Samuraiking said:
Back when I first got KJ it did massive dmg, and I recently got back to the game a few weeks ago, and from what I've been told the special weapon dmg on it was removed and I've also yet to be able to hit the numbers with KJ I used to. RR is what pulls more dmg for me. I'll grant you it might depend on gear, if you DON'T have the dex cap for RR then KJ might pull more, but I have 119 dex in my set with 57 str. I forget my acc but it's enough to eat meat and still hit, i've also got Ebody and merits ect. though.

I'd still suggest crit cap RR > KJ regardless though. I'm really sad they removed the special weapon type dmg bonus on it, KJ on birds used to be epic. Most things harder than a bird I would assume end game ***? There's always situations, but generally I'd pick RR > KJ unless I can follow up a sc for light dmg bonus.

You can't(easily) break crit caps on Mamools either, and yes, crit tiers on birds are all good and well... But I was talking about things bigger than birds. You make good points... About birds. But there are more mobs in the game than those little pink things.
 Cerberus.Hiryo
By Cerberus.Hiryo 2010-05-29 17:28:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Btw, how did you work out the hitrate on mobs?
 Alexander.Xgalahadx
user: xgalahadx
By Alexander.Xgalahadx 2010-05-29 17:31:32
Link | Quote | Reply

kparser helps.
 Cerberus.Hiryo
By Cerberus.Hiryo 2010-05-29 17:33:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Xgalahadx said:
kparser helps.
I play on Xbox.
 Sylph.Ashaaman
By Sylph.Ashaaman 2010-05-29 17:41:41
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxicalculator.com/
 Alexander.Xgalahadx
user: xgalahadx
By Alexander.Xgalahadx 2010-05-29 17:43:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Hiryo said:
Alexander.Xgalahadx said:
kparser helps.
I play on Xbox.
Ouch ><
Wel if you really want to know your hit% the only other way that i can think of would be to get a friend to parse you.

edit' forgot about this acc calc just input your acc and change the list to G.colibri. hope this helps ^^
 Cerberus.Hiryo
By Cerberus.Hiryo 2010-05-29 18:06:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Ashaaman said:

That was brilliant, thanks
 Pandemonium.Vitrolant
Server: Pandemonium
user: Vitrolant
By Pandemonium.Vitrolant 2010-05-29 18:37:46
Link | Quote | Reply

number one rule for war hauberk > askar body

if your going /sam build use rose strap brutal earring and rajas ring this puts you in a 6 hit with a 504 GA

and a note on war with ridill i still beat most GA wars while first voking on birds and i dont have an e body or piss boots or n dead... god my war is so 2006
[+]
 Valefor.Argettio
Server: Valefor
user: Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-05-30 05:35:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I know I am a little late tot he party but,

You need 2 complete TP builds, one for normal and one for aggressor being up. Aggressor is 30 acc yet you are only changing ~16 acc in gear.

I know your on xbox which will make this a bit tricky, but without merits full timing blitz is a bad idea - But great when aggressor is up. Also consider 2 RR for the same reason.

Dusk feet will be better than Unicorn most of the time, as keeping white HP will be hard, and obviously get harder as your gear improves. - Aurum or Dusk+1 being best.

Foragers will be the best WS back except for Steel cyclone.

As people have mentioned Hauby (+1) and Rose is a better way to 6hit.

Hauby (+1) for WS

Heca head/hands/feet are invaluable for WAR (as your WS gear is limited if you don't have them). - But Askar feet are good for WS (and allows you to sell unicorn)

Second earring needs to have some acc on it, Fowling is great. Hollow is better.

Blitz is great, but only when you accuracy is fine (as mentioned above)

Bomblet of WS - depending on Acc

Try and match your WS (RR and KJ) accuracy with the accuracy of your TP build (maybe a little extra acc if your TP build isn't capped).

You need to get rid of the pallas/alkys braclets for RR, the -DEX is a really bad idea. I'm not sure what you can use other than Heca though...

Use your Erlking's Kheten, it will beat martial.

As for RR vs KJ, on merit level stuff you are probably better of with RR as you (should) have a decent crit rate and a criting RR is sexy.

But because KJ doesn't crit you gear it slightly differently (change DEX to STR). So in situations where your crit rate is very low (read: high level mobs) or where you are buffed heavily (read: brd 2hr) then KJ will do decent numbers. KJ is also the best WS when you use mighty strikes.
 Bahamut.Satanas
Server: Bahamut
user: Satanas
By Bahamut.Satanas 2010-05-30 07:29:38
Link | Quote | Reply

As a noob I used to use relic hands to ws before I had heca :).

http://www.ffxiah.com/item.php?id=15102
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2010-05-30 07:59:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Satanas said:
As a noob I used to use relic hands to ws before I had heca :).

http://www.ffxiah.com/item.php?id=15102

At the moment I`m using relic hands for Steel Cyclone because I don`t have Heca hands yet. What alternatives are there beside relic before Heca, I have Koenig hands also but i`m not sure about the -STR on those
First Page 2