my sam ws set
 Alexander.Odaka
Server: Alexander
Game: FFXI
user: Odaka
By Alexander.Odaka 2010-05-23 16:38:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Niusha said:
thinking about buying an amano? what a waste of ancient currency that would be. you say sam is your least useful job, which is hilarious because you can stick a good sam in just about any situation. so annoying that people like you that take no real pride in their jobs exist to sponge up gil fishing/crafting then drive up prices of currency so people who ACTUALLY KILL STUFF can't afford relics without busting their *** for years. also, if you have other jobs that you say you'd rather be spending gil on, why do you still have 25m?! terrible mentality.

yes you can :) but amano doesn't really look that great even with the +5 DMG TotM augment on it

maybe if i saw comparisons of hagun against amano i might think otherwise

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-23 17:02:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Only way Hagun beats Amano is if you never TP off the mob in question and you're using YGK. If you're meleeing, Amano pulls ahead very quickly. If Kaiten is in play it's a no-brainer.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-23 17:07:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Only way Hagun beats Amano is if you never TP off the mob in question and you're using YGK. If you're meleeing, Amano pulls ahead very quickly. If Kaiten is in play it's a no-brainer.
Pretty much this, but I go by my own general rule of thumb. If it's worth using Kaiten over Gekko, you're probably better off w/ 5hit polearm penta spam
 Asura.Ericka
Server: Asura
user: foxxie
By Asura.Ericka 2010-05-23 17:12:23
Link | Quote | Reply

1 question, Rutters aren't good anymore for sam WS?

Edit: i ask because 1. they're not expensive if you farm the pop, and 2. only cost 2k to get to the ??? area. since i saw you mentioned you're low on funds.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-23 17:15:33
Link | Quote | Reply

GKT WS yes (polearm depends on hitrate), not sure why the OP is WSing in Fumas...
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Pretty much this, but I go by my own general rule of thumb. If it's worth using Kaiten over Gekko, you're probably better off w/ 5hit polearm penta spam
^ also true
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-05-23 17:18:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ericka said:
1 question, Rutters aren't good anymore for sam WS?

Edit: i ask because 1. they're not expensive if you farm the pop, and 2. only cost 2k to get to the ??? area. since i saw you mentioned you're low on funds.

Guess everyone just forgot about Rutters.
 Alexander.Odaka
Server: Alexander
user: Odaka
By Alexander.Odaka 2010-05-23 17:21:30
Link | Quote | Reply

ill get some rutters, fixed the set on feet WS (Hachiman feet atm)

edit - lol i made a mistake while making the WS gear and set fumas :3