Do You Get Paid To Do Dynamis, Mess Up And Still Complain ?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Dynamis » Do you get paid to do Dynamis, mess up and still complain ?
Do you get paid to do Dynamis, mess up and still complain ?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Bahamut.Leonelf
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: LeonPSP
By Bahamut.Leonelf 2010-05-16 01:36:37
Link | Quote | Reply

A few months ago i offered my friend (and he later asked 3 friends of his) to join my Linkshell's Dynamis runs, but they don't practically join my linkshell, they just come to Dynamis every week. Other members of the shell have to do 4 events a week, but this group only comes on Dynamis which is 1/4 the number of events, although they're online on other days but refuse to come because they are in a static to do all "missions and quests" together. So i was being nice and accepted that ...
I often/always do Payouts for my linkshell after Dynamis, so i decided to give them payouts as well but i only give them half what a real member receives due to what i explained above. But they still have the full right to lot on relic equips like other people (And they did get a few nice ones)
And then yesterday they told us that they would no longer want to come because 75.000G for a run just isn't worth it(sometimes each of them received 100.000G for a run) for multiple deaths and made it sound like we used them.
I didn't know what else to do other than lol'ed.
Their SAM was trying to guess /assist the whole run with his /autotarget on and even woke a WHM mob up and denied it although we saw it with our own eyes. 2 of their BLMs can't even time nuke properly and harldy did anything while other 2 blms of my shell worked their *** off and got killed alot because they just stood there watching, and most of the deaths were because of them.
So lol. But i'm not gonna be an *** and name them here to try to prevent them to get to anything else, or make a huge drama out of it. I just want to tell my tale in case rumors start going around that we "used" them for our own goods.
[+]
 Sylph.Jax
Server: Sylph
user: MissJax
By Sylph.Jax 2010-05-16 01:40:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow, those guys are complaining for 75k per dynamis run? How greedy! I would be happy if I got even 10k.
We don't get paid to do dynamis in my shell, so are they expecting some other LS is going to give them more? Yeah, good luck with that. Sounds to me you're giving them a good deal.
Oh well, some people just like to QQ..
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-05-16 01:41:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Most of the shells i ever joined on siren for Dynamis you basically get you're relic AF and stfu, and maybe once in awhile they let currency on a run go free lot or free drop.

Just my 2 cents i suppose.
[+]
 Siren.Foxfire
user: Foxfire
By Siren.Foxfire 2010-05-16 02:28:06
Link | Quote | Reply

My linkshell always grabs all the currency and sells it, then distributes to all the ones who attended after buying a new hourglass.

These people are truly unappreciative of this, due to the fact that not all linkshells do it [hell, I barely hear it happen, honestly]. You really shouldn't bother with them, if they can't deal with dying a few times if they can make up the exp regardless. Immature little...
[+]
 Phoenix.Degs
Server: Phoenix
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-05-16 02:37:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you were being pretty fair to them giving them currency split, even though they didnt join the shell.... most shells that do dyna now dont even do currency splits at all, they just allow people to lot relics/items, and save the currency for upgraders, and paying for runs.

youre better off without them IMO, especially considering they werent doing their jobs on runs anyway
[+]
By Pongratz 2010-05-16 02:39:26
Link | Quote | Reply

In the Dynamis linkshell I'm in, I usually get 100k-150k (2 dynamis a week) a week depending on the drops. If the people you mention want more, then they are just being greedy. Also, I get one AF drop per a run that drops on a job I can use.
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2010-05-16 02:45:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't have joined your shell in the first place because I dislike being treated as a second class member just because I don't do everything with "x" shell or idle in "x" shell. Unless a dynamis group splits coin profit evenly after every run it isn't worth the 6-8hrs a week imo.

Having said that, these people in question agreed to your terms, so they were either naive about the situation or you changed it.

I don't think anyone got "used" per se. Sounds like conditions changed in the rules of the shell and they didn't like the change and left.
[+]
 Asura.Severna
Server: Asura
user: Magellan
By Asura.Severna 2010-05-16 02:48:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Our shell does payouts every month, and ranges to about 850k - 1Mil per person based on attendance/performance. If a member screws up a run, they'll end up paying for it in the long run. But I'm glad to hear that it isn't just in our shell that we have people complain about Dynamis on a regular basis, even with payouts and a fair points-based AF policy. It's just ridiculous that people expect to get gear and gil without having to work for it.
[+]
 Cerberus.Sephrin
Server: Cerberus
user: xSephrinx
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2010-05-16 02:49:12
Link | Quote | Reply

It sounds to me like they were just got babied a little too spoiled by you, lol. When you allowed them to join, you continued to pay them even after the aforementioned incidents. What can you do...a large percentage of the player base is only on the look out for number one. Sucks that you had to put up with them, but at least they're gone now. What a bunch of greedy ***! They go and ask for a pay raise even when they're doing a crappy job.
 Asura.Luelle
user: Luelle
By Asura.Luelle 2010-05-16 02:57:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Severna said:
Our shell does payouts every month, and ranges to about 850k - 1Mil per person based on attendance/performance. If a member screws up a run, they'll end up paying for it in the long run. But I'm glad to hear that it isn't just in our shell that we have people complain about Dynamis on a regular basis, even with payouts and a fair points-based AF policy. It's just ridiculous that people expect to get gear and gil without having to work for it.
Wait....what? I have to work for my af? Lame. I thought I just had to show up to dynamis late, have to go back for something (which makes the next enter time later) then put someone on follow, lot on the af I wanted, and then at the end, make gil from it too. That isn't how it works?
[+]
 Asura.Severna
user: Magellan
By Asura.Severna 2010-05-16 03:02:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Luelle said:
Wait....what? I have to work for my af? Lame. I thought I just had to show up to dynamis late, have to go back for something (which makes the next enter time later) then put someone on follow, lot on the af I wanted, and then at the end, make gil from it too. That isn't how it works?

[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-05-16 03:04:22
Link | Quote | Reply

If I'm not complaining, I'm afk, so, yes.
[+]
 Seraph.Rafik
Server: Seraph
user: dascorp
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-05-16 03:18:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Why havent you kicked them? They complain for getting paid after messing up.

I havent been in a dyna shell that pays you to come... Havent done dyna in a few years and dont miss it at all. I know a ldr that would kick people for not staying to farm after clear.

The party setups where always messed up. Not all parties would have healers and the party without one in the alliance would not get healed by the mages in the alliance. I literally had to rest to get my hp back a few times....

Death cause no cures is awesome, too. Oh and when the blms don't stun mnk or nin mobs....
 Asura.Daleterrence
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2010-05-16 03:34:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait... Dynamis LSes pay people..? D=

>.>
 Siren.Foxfire
user: Foxfire
By Siren.Foxfire 2010-05-16 05:17:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Blindphleb said:
I wouldn't have joined your shell in the first place because I dislike being treated as a second class member just because I don't do everything with "x" shell or idle in "x" shell. Unless a dynamis group splits coin profit evenly after every run it isn't worth the 6-8hrs a week imo.

Having said that, these people in question agreed to your terms, so they were either naive about the situation or you changed it.

I don't think anyone got "used" per se. Sounds like conditions changed in the rules of the shell and they didn't like the change and left.
He didn't change anything. I'm guessing that there were less coins or something of the sort which resulted in less pay. They died more in the process, and that could have been their own fault. I don't now.
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2010-05-16 05:35:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I was under the impression that he changed the amount they were receiving to half of what a full time member would receive.

If that isn't the case, and they were aware of being paid only half of what a full time member would get from the start, then they must have just been naive about the effort to reward ratio involved. I assume they were new to dynamis?
 Bahamut.Leonelf
By Bahamut.Leonelf 2010-05-16 05:46:26
Link | Quote | Reply

No i didn't change anything, Payouts even in my shell are based on attendance, members receive penalties if they miss events. And right from the start i told them they would receive at most half of what members would get if they only come to Dynamis.
 Bahamut.Satanas
user: Satanas
By Bahamut.Satanas 2010-05-16 06:00:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sorry if I messed up Dyna ; ;, thought I was doing ok~
 Bahamut.Leonelf
By Bahamut.Leonelf 2010-05-16 06:02:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Satanas said:
I'm sorry if I messed up Dyna ; ;, thought I was doing ok~
Not about you silly =P
 Alexander.Tagus
Server: Alexander
user: tagus
By Alexander.Tagus 2010-05-16 06:33:34
Link | Quote | Reply

In all honesty, if you're not getting paid to do dynamis then you're probably slave labor for somebody else's relic.
[+]
 Cerberus.Eburo
Server: Cerberus
user: Stephano
By Cerberus.Eburo 2010-05-16 06:47:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Tagus said:
In all honesty, if you're not getting paid to do dynamis then you're probably slave labor for somebody else's relic.

That sounds an awful lot like TheOrganization on Bismarck. Oh wait, you get a 150k payout once per month if you're lucky. lol

<Minimum Wage> <Can I have it?>
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Funsam
Server: Gilgamesh
user: funsam
By Gilgamesh.Funsam 2010-05-16 07:21:12
Link | Quote | Reply

when people gonna learn dynamis is all about the gear not getting paid, done for years & never got any money from any & its doesn't bother me, if you want money go farm.

also multiple event shell need to keep there events seperate most people have lives & can't devote 30hrs+ to do all events a week. its a game its about have fun, not being a shells ***. & selling your soul for gear
[+]
 Sylph.Beelshamen
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-05-16 07:24:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Any dyna LS that doesn't do payout probably has a leader that's filling his/her pockets.
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-05-16 07:25:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I've never had a linkshell actually pay me for being in it. I don't need to get paid to get new gear. That's like going in to buy a new car, and with every new car, you get 20,000 dollars! Woo

But in all seriousness, the currency is up to the person that spent the 500k on the hourglass. If everyone pitched in, everyone should get a share of the gil. If one leader is working toward a relic and funding their own, then they deserve them.
[+]
 Leviathan.Willoflame
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Willoflame 2010-05-16 07:30:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Those guys sound like typical FFXI-Asshats, Leonelf. Honestly, if people can't appreciate the rules, how could they appreciate the game? Beats me, I guess. My LS just keeps a strict tally of all the money we take in, and distribute it out at the end of the month, based on total points earned during the marking period. Anyways, don't take anything that that group said or did seriously. There's more important things to worry about... Like lolcats.com
 Leviathan.Celestinia
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2010-05-16 07:32:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Funsam said:
when people gonna learn dynamis is all about the gear not getting paid, done for years & never got any money from any & its doesn't bother me, if you want money go farm. also multiple event shell need to keep there events seperate most people have lives & can't devote 30hrs to do all events a week. its a game its about have fun, not being a shells ***. & selling your soul for gear

People funding relics after having put 20mil of thier own gil in never bothered me. People sponsering to make 2-3x profit off the back of everyones time/death is what annoys me.

You can wait months just to get 1 thing you want from dyna (over a year for rdm hat th4 etc in some ls), getting gil payouts gives motivation to keep going.

My ls runs once a week and i've gotten 300k from the last 3 runs because of a lot of 100s dropping. Plus most the members are sorta new to endgame it's a great way for them to get geared.
[+]
 Phoenix.Darki
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-16 07:40:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Leonelf said:
A few months ago i offered my friend (and he later asked 3 friends of his) to join my Linkshell's Dynamis runs, but they don't practically join my linkshell, they just come to Dynamis every week. Other members of the shell have to do 4 events a week, but this group only comes on Dynamis which is 1/4 the number of events, although they're online on other days but refuse to come because they are in a static to do all "missions and quests" together. So i was being nice and accepted that ...
I often/always do Payouts for my linkshell after Dynamis, so i decided to give them payouts as well but i only give them half what a real member receives due to what i explained above. But they still have the full right to lot on relic equips like other people (And they did get a few nice ones)
And then yesterday they told us that they would no longer want to come because 75.000G for a run just isn't worth it(sometimes each of them received 100.000G for a run) for multiple deaths and made it sound like we used them.
I didn't know what else to do other than lol'ed.
Their SAM was trying to guess /assist the whole run with his /autotarget on and even woke a WHM mob up and denied it although we saw it with our own eyes. 2 of their BLMs can't even time nuke properly and harldy did anything while other 2 blms of my shell worked their *** off and got killed alot because they just stood there watching, and most of the deaths were because of them.
So lol. But i'm not gonna be an *** and name them here to try to prevent them to get to anything else, or make a huge drama out of it. I just want to tell my tale in case rumors start going around that we "used" them for our own goods.

they have full rights to the money if they do dynamis runs even if they dont do your other events, and you shouldnt get pissy if people just join your shell for one specific event.
 Phoenix.Kilcullen
By Phoenix.Kilcullen 2010-05-16 07:47:43
Link | Quote | Reply

In all the years i have done dynamis i have not once gotten a payout from Dynamis and i couldn't care less really as long as i am not putting money toward the glass then i don't care, only time i remember currency was going freelot was one time a few years back was that everyone had to put money toward the glass and all currency was going freelot, only went on one run for that.
 Shiva.Lorielain
Server: Shiva
user: Atrithk
By Shiva.Lorielain 2010-05-16 07:47:56
Link | Quote | Reply

They have full rights to the money gained by the payout according to their attendance.
If they show up to a quarter of their events, they get a quarter of the payout as anyone who showed up to all of them.
[+]
 Phoenix.Darki
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-16 07:56:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Lorielain said:
They have full rights to the money gained by the payout according to their attendance.
If they show up to a quarter of their events, they get a quarter of the payout as anyone who showed up to all of them.

eh i think its gay hes just paying them half because they dont do other events with him... i think leader is being unfair, because not everyone can do all the ls events, ppl have RL instead of dedicating so much time into a ls that will probably break when leader gets bored or w/e. if they do those events elsewhere thats also i believe, their problem.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6