Merit Choice Abilities?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Merit Choice Abilities?
Merit Choice Abilities?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-05-13 20:31:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Pizza for mamools though, sushi is birds only and they have less defense right?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-13 20:36:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
Mmm, but if you're properly buffed, why not just eat sole sushi? You're implying that atk essentially has no value in that situation so capping acc str would be better than capping acc w/o str. And if you need the pizza to cap atk, there's the possiblity you're not capping it even with pizza. Against high lvl stuff, it's pretty hard to find the exact point where you're actually atk capped so there's still the possibility of the meat being beneficial.

I dunno, you make it sound like I'm anti pizza or something. All I'm saying is Iki has a place. There's some playstyle/usage biases to which cat 2's you get, but it's not automatically lol to have Iki. And if you do have Iki, the choices you make on certain things can change.
Pizza is the good median, really. Note where I said attack isn't as important, not isn't important at all. w/ pizza, still fills the void that your buffs may not pick up. Meat, on the otherhand, unless it's jailer of love, is generally overkill if you have support.
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
Server: Unicorn
user: Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2010-05-13 20:47:17
Link | Quote | Reply

But if you say that pizza's attack is filling the void, how do we know that there's absolutely no wiggle room for the extra atk from meat? It just doesn't seem as clear cut as you make it out to be with pizza being exactly enough atk with meat being too much.

Odin certainly seems to have pretty high def as well, same with the one time I fought against yilbegan though he seems to have some weird dmg reduction or something also. DI seems borderline, I certainly do more dmg on the occasions I actually get minuet but it's pretty hard to tell if I'm wasting any attack.

I dunno, just too hard to really say for sure without exact numbers.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-13 20:49:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Yil is a straight up damage reduction though, I believe, so defense isn't going to be the issue there.

If you cap attack and it has -75% dmg reduction, then you're still going to do ***dmg. I know it's thing turns on and off.
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
Server: Unicorn
user: Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2010-05-13 20:53:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Yil in particular I haven't fought enough to really have a good opinion on. As for capping attack, I'd have to actually see how WS's are when dmg red is off to really have a good feel for it. The other two I've done plenty though, lol.
By Yuffy 2010-05-14 10:40:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
Odin certainly seems to have pretty high def as well, same with the one time I fought against yilbegan though he seems to have some weird dmg reduction or something also. DI seems borderline, I certainly do more dmg on the occasions I actually get minuet but it's pretty hard to tell if I'm wasting any attack.
I have parsed a slight difference in average on DI with and without Minuet but i would think meat is overkill on this particular mob seeing the usual average numbers.

On Odin, there is plenty of room for atk considering WS average but meat isnt an option, at least if you melee it full time (or better, tank it).
 Cerberus.Azumii
Server: Cerberus
user: Azumii
By Cerberus.Azumii 2010-05-15 06:43:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Erm...am i being dim or can you actually see your attack go blue? meaning that it would be capped? ><; Cause i never knew you could cap your attack lol.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8