Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Nashira Turban vs Elite Beret
Nashira Turban vs Elite Beret
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Valefor.Whitetiger
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Whitetiger 2010-05-11 07:33:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Recently got a Nashira Turban and was wondering...
Would the +5 M.acc be better than the +4 Enfeebling Skill on Elite Beret?
 Valefor.Argettio
user: Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-05-11 07:43:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Whitetiger said:
Recently got a Nashira Turban and was wondering...
Would the 5 M.acc be better than the 4 Enfeebling Skill on Elite Beret?

Yes it would.

It also has some haste, - enmity and SIR which are nice bonuses.
[+]
 Valefor.Whitetiger
By Valefor.Whitetiger 2010-05-11 07:52:35
Link | Quote | Reply

aight tyx
 Odin.Kalico
Server: Odin
user: Panthra
By Odin.Kalico 2010-05-11 10:17:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd say it depends on what your doing nash is better if your nuking but if your trying to land a enfbl on a resistant mob then I'd say E.Baret if you don't have Duelist's Chapeau.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-11 10:22:19
Link | Quote | Reply

More macc is always > less macc though <_<
[+]
 Valefor.Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-05-11 10:32:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Kalico said:
I'd say it depends on what your doing nash is better if your nuking but if your trying to land a enfbl on a resistant mob then I'd say E.Baret if you don't have Duelist's Chapeau.

On what basis?

1 skill = 1 m.acc

Last time I 5 > 4, so unless you know something I don't then Turban > Beret
[+]
 Odin.Kalico
By Odin.Kalico 2010-05-11 11:11:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Argettio said:
Odin.Kalico said:
On what basis? 1 skill = 1 m.acc Last time I 5 > 4, so unless you know something I don't then Turban > Beret

Lmao What part don't you understand.....as per wiki "Enfeebling Magic Skill is the largest factor which determines if an Enfeebling Magic Spell is resisted or not. The skill also helps defend against spell interruptions for any spells in its category."

So like I said b4 it depends on what you doing if your trying to land a spell on a high resistant mob skill is the way to go...why because not only does skill help you land the spell but as you said 1 skill = 1 m.acc so E.barett = 4skill and 4m.acc which is > than Nash 5 macc on a resistant mob....It can't be more clearer if your trying to land an enfeeble which it sounds like what the op is asking.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-11 11:18:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Skill just translates to macc and that's it <_<

This is a case of 5 magic accuracy vs 4 magic accuracy where obviously 5 > 4 every time.
Quote:
Enfeebling Magic Skill is the largest factor which determines if an Enfeebling Magic Spell is resisted or not.

This is true because Enfeebling Magic skill is the most readily available and reliable way of increasing magic accuracy. It's not to be taken literally such that skill actually does something besides magic accuracy (and interruption rate).
 Odin.Kalico
By Odin.Kalico 2010-05-11 11:20:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Skill just translates to macc and that's it <_< This is a case of 5 magic accuracy vs 4 magic accuracy where obviously 5 > 4 every time.
Quote:
Enfeebling Magic Skill is the largest factor which determines if an Enfeebling Magic Spell is resisted or not.
This is true because Enfeebling Magic skill is the most readily available and reliable way of increasing magic accuracy. It's not to be taken literally such that skill actually does something besides magic accuracy (and interruption rate).

Thats BS Enfbl skill > Macc, its not the same thing come on are you serious...

Go on rdm and pack on the equal amount of Macc gear and no enfbl skill gear and try to land a spell on a high resistant mob then pack on the same amount of enfbl skill gear w/o any macc gear and I bet you land the spell more w the enfbl skll gear.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Server: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2010-05-11 11:28:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Kalico said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Skill just translates to macc and that's it <_< This is a case of 5 magic accuracy vs 4 magic accuracy where obviously 5 > 4 every time.
Quote:

Thats BS Enfbl skill > Macc, its not the same thing come on are you serious...

Go on rdm and pack on the equal amount of Macc gear and no enfbl skill gear and try to land a spell on a high resistant mob then pack on the same amount of enfbl skill gear w/o any macc gear and I bet you land the spell more w the enfbl skll gear.

no u
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-11 11:29:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Wiki disagrees with you.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Magic_Accuracy
Quote:
it also shows 1 skill = 1 magic accuracy

1 skill = 1 magic accuracy. That's all there is to it.
Quote:

If you're actually going to do this, make sure you get a large enough sample size. This isn't something you'd notice in every day RDM use because gear with pure magic accuracy on it is very rare compared to +Enfeebling Skill.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Server: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2010-05-11 11:32:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Wiki disagrees with you.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Magic_Accuracy
Quote:
it also shows 1 skill = 1 magic accuracy

1 skill = 1 magic accuracy. That's all there is to it.
Quote:

If you're actually going to do this, make sure you get a large enough sample size. This isn't something you'd notice in every day RDM use because gear with pure magic accuracy on it is very rare compared to Enfeebling Skill.

there's also the fact that you'd have to compare similar amounts of +macc and +skill, but i dunno how easy or hard that'd be.
 Odin.Kalico
By Odin.Kalico 2010-05-11 11:37:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Lorzy said:
Odin.Kalico said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Quote:
Thats BS Enfbl skill > Macc, its not the same thing come on are you serious... Go on rdm and pack on the equal amount of Macc gear and no enfbl skill gear and try to land a spell on a high resistant mob then pack on the same amount of enfbl skill gear w/o any macc gear and I bet you land the spell more w the enfbl skll gear.
no u

Its not a no u....Any type of "X skill" is better because skill raises the Teir or in the case the the enfbl skill Raised the chances the spell can land on a high lv mob due to the higher resistance.... Vs the macc which only helps land the spell based on the current Teir ex..
para 1 -vs- para 2 macc will not raise the Teir of these spells just make it stick where as Enfbl Skill will Raise the Skill teir allowing it to stick on mobs it would'nt at a lower Teir....
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-11 11:39:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Proof?

I have never heard anything of the sort...
Quote:
para 1 -vs- para 2 macc will not raise the Teir of these spells just make it stick where as Enfbl Skill will Raise the Skill teir allowing it to stick on mobs it would'nt at a lower Teir....

A naked RDM6 spamming Paralyze will eventually land it (it'll be a terrible Paralyze but he will land it) on any susceptible mob in the game, even with 0 Enfeebling Magic skill (since there is a floor).

How does your theory explain this?
 Odin.Kalico
By Odin.Kalico 2010-05-11 12:03:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Proof? I have never heard anything of the sort...
Quote:
A naked RDM6 spamming Paralyze will eventually land it (it'll be a terrible Paralyze but he will land it) on any susceptible mob in the game, even with 0 Enfeebling Magic skill (since there is a floor). How does your theory explain this?

Lol are you serious so you think that a Lv 10 rdm can land para on a mob that read IT to a 75 are you serious...u must be bored...and no the lv 10 will not land the spell on the mob that is IT to the 75 it will just resist the spell because your skill it too low reguardless of how much macc you have. Better ex take a melee job and sub rdm and get a rdm friend who is 75 and cast para in a IT mob and see which sticks....
 Valefor.Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-05-11 12:04:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Proof?

I would like to see some too.

As I have my proof for 1 macc = 1 skill.

Pchan alone has more samples than any sane person would even consider doing (iirc over 40,000 casts).
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-05-11 12:08:39
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys are talking to Kalico.. >_> He makes outrageous claims for everything, I wouldn't waste my text XD

To the OP: +5 MAcc > +4 Skill. Turban it is!
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-05-11 12:12:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Kalico said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Quote:
A naked RDM6 spamming Paralyze will eventually land it (it'll be a terrible Paralyze but he will land it) on any susceptible mob in the game, even with 0 Enfeebling Magic skill (since there is a floor). How does your theory explain this?

Lol are you serious so you think that a Lv 10 rdm can land para on a mob that read IT to a 75 are you serious...u must be bored...and no the lv 10 will not land the spell on the mob that is IT to the 75 it will just resist the spell because your skill it too low reguardless of how much macc you have. Better ex take a melee job and sub rdm and get a rdm friend who is 75 and cast para in a IT mob and see which sticks....

Lol.
You sir are an idiot.
1 skill = 1 macc, it's the same thing.
But for now, /popcorn.
 Odin.Kalico
By Odin.Kalico 2010-05-11 12:25:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol I can care less what you think or believe sad thing is that you believe that Enfbl skill is the same thing as macc...any one with a half of brain can realize they perform different functions...if the were the same there would be no use for Enfbl skill it would just be macc..you guys also realize that enfbls also have elemental properties such as para/ice which is why you merit ice macc(if you really want your para's unresisted on high lv ***) on rdm merits...skill raises resistant tier macc will help it stick based on the current tier...why do you merit enfbl skill / wear af body relic hat/hands and enfbl torque on high lv NM's and HNM's........because your trying to reach the next teir(allowing the spell to not be resisted) wich is not possible w just macc which will not do this. ***is common knowledge whats wrong with yall 1skill = 1macc because they go hand and hand
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-11 12:28:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Kalico said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Quote:

Floored land rate ring any bells? Just as land rate does not cap at 100%, the floor is above 0%.
Odin.Kalico said:
Lol I can care less what you think or believe sad thing is that you believe that Enfbl skill is the same thing as macc...any one with a half of brain can realize they perform different functions...if the were the same there would be no use for Enfbl skill it would just be macc..you guys also realize that enfbls also have elemental properties such as para/ice which is why you merit ice macc on rdm merits...skill raises resistant tier macc will help it stick based on the current tier...why do you merit enfbl skill / wear af body relic hat/hands and enfbl torque on high lv NM's and HNM's........because your trying to reach the next teir(allowing the spell to not be resisted) wich is not possible w just macc which will not do this. ***is common knowledge whats wrong with yall
Just... lol. 1 Enfeebling skill provides 1 macc for any enfeebling magic. There is a heaping mountain of proof between Robonosto's data, Pchan's bind and whatever else testing, and basically all the other macc tests that have relied on combinations of skill + macc to reach their target values.

also landing tiers wut
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-05-11 12:29:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, they do perform different things.

Magic Accuracy increases your accuracy with Magic.

Enfeebling Skill increases your accuracy with Enfeebling Magic.

..Different
 Valefor.Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-05-11 12:35:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Although I don't want to feed the troll, the reason people use AF body and relic head is because they give the most accuracy for that slot. Head only gets 5 m.acc and body gets 10m.acc from other items.

If there were a body with 20m.acc on it then I would wear that instead of the AF body for Constant effect enfeebles.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-11 12:38:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
if the were the same there would be no use for Enfbl skill it would just be macc

List gear with Magic Accuracy on it.
List gear with Enfeebling Magic Skill on it.

... oh.
Quote:
why do you merit enfbl skill / wear af body relic hat/hands and enfbl torque on high lv NM's and HNM's........because your trying to reach the next teir(allowing the spell to not be resisted) wich is not possible w just macc which will not do this.

What's a good macc head with >15 macc? What's a good macc body with >15 macc? What's a good macc neck with >7 macc? The reason we use these pieces has nothing to do with your theory; it's because assuming that Magic Accuracy and Skill are directly equivalent, they are the highest values of these in each slot.

Also, another counterargument to your theory: many RDMs (myself included) use a MND-heavy build for Para/Slow in order to build the potency of it, at the cost of accuracy.

Per your theory, we would not be able to land it EVER when we're giving up Enfeebling Magic Skill gear.

Yet I have been landing Para/Slow on solo NMs/Khimaira (I tend to use a more accurate set for Khim but not because this one won't land, just because it's unreliable and Slow has a long recast but regardless - this one DOES land) with

and this isn't just a case of it landing rarely (except on Khim but again he sucks) - this sticks almost all of the time on anything I fight. Why? Because MND provides magic accuracy which is directly equivalent to Enfeebling Skill, meaning my accuracy with these spells is still not bad at all.

EDIT: Another counterargument: most elemental staves provide purely magic accuracy and not enfeebling magic skill.

Are you saying that if I were to cast an enfeeble on a mob which is out of my "tier" per your theory with and without a stave, I would not find even the smallest difference in land rate?

... actually, can we find any arguments for your theory instead of counterarguments? :(
 Valefor.Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-05-11 12:45:55
Link | Quote | Reply

A post of mine from over a year ago outlining my thoughts about the 'new' enfeebling ideal based on (then) recent discoveries. Not a perfect overview with a few silly errors, but a maybe something for the OP and others to read over.

Sadly FFXIgear.com is dead (R.I.P)
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-05-11 12:52:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a chance that Kalico is confusing regular magic skills with blue magic skill in regards to physical blue magic? It's the only instance I know of where there actually are tiers to magic skill.

Anyway, as Argettio just said, people wear duelist's chapeau because there's no piece of gear for head that gives +15 macc (or refresh).

If all you're trying to do is land an enfeeble, you use the highest amount of skill or macc that's available in every slot. If you're going for maximum potency however...
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-11 12:52:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I like the way the third post is banned Pchan.

Also that was one of your first posts on BG wasn't it?! Cannot remember.
 Leviathan.Powerslave
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Powerslave 2010-05-11 12:56:38
Link | Quote | Reply

It's like trying to argue with a five year old child.
 Ifrit.Preluder
Server: Ifrit
user: preluder
By Ifrit.Preluder 2010-05-11 12:58:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I always thought for acc it went in this order

AF2 Hat
Wise cap +1
Wise cap, Elite beret +1, Nashira turban
Elite Beret
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-11 13:03:20
Link | Quote | Reply

While we've got a few experienced RDMs here... how much do enfeebling merits or the lack thereof actually matter for RDM? It seems fairly straightforward to quantify: 8% hitrate or some lost potency depending, but how much of a difference does that actually make in terms of how much I'd use it or feasibility/safety margin for soloing? Non-HNM with an eye towards solo/lowman play.
First Page 2 3 4 5