2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » magic hammer
magic hammer
First Page 2
By daddyrabbit4444 2010-04-04 08:49:21
Link | Quote | Reply

why is my magic hammer only doing 65 dmg on imps? should i use burst affinity with it? what gear build should i use this is just sad
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-04-04 09:09:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Try this, and yes, use BA.

Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-04-04 15:18:26
Link | Quote | Reply

For spells with stat mods which includes magic hammer BA will double the mods. If you do the math you see mnd will generally far outweight MAB for this spell. I do pretty well with this set that is mostly a hodge podge of stuff off my blm and rdm. Don't really do imps anymore but it usually gets me 90-150 on campaign mobs unless I use convergance or actually pull out a staff or manage to MB or get a resist or fight a boss or something. Kinda missing yigit head/gloves and higher mnd rings but meh.

Bismarck.Nevill
Server: Bismarck
user: Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2010-04-04 15:46:50
Link | Quote | Reply

This really the place for this topic?
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-04-04 15:47:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nevill said:
This really the place for this topic?
At first I thought "You're allowed to ask anything on this forum!".

Then I noticed it was posted in FFXIV >> General.

Then I lmao'd.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Wulfy
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wulfy 2010-04-04 17:29:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Its working fine. Thought SE ninja broke something again but did some testing and the spell is still putting out its normal numbers.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-04-04 18:17:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Where is the best place to learn this spell?

I was trying near Windurst S in a foggy weather environment, stil have.'t gotten it b.c of the damn toads misdemeanor...

LOL

Just asking what is the best place...that you could solo this spell?
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-04-04 18:20:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I solo'd the ones in mammook. Frentic rip. Sleep2. Mp drainkiss repeat till low
 Caitsith.Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-04-04 18:22:31
Link | Quote | Reply

guess ill have to go blu/whm then to snk into mamook whereabout are they inside mamook?

i suppose /dnc wud be outa the question?
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-04-04 18:24:39
Link | Quote | Reply

If you want to solo, it's saruta {s}. I duo'd mine with a rdm in mamook, they're pretty nasty little *** if you're not prepared for them. Otherwise I think the only other option is nyzul isle or salvage, so if you're not already a well geared 75 blu that's not really an option.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-04-04 18:26:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Mamook ones aren't really that bad. And no /nin works. They get sneak and it's nice to have a shadow or 2.

Basically if you keep them slept a decent amount of time they will pretty much always start with a spell when they wake up allowing you to resleep them easy. Refresh and mp drain kiss should keep you topped off. Only time things should go bad is if you like get 2 at once. should sleep and log then

I've never seen foggy in the past there after camping for rl days solid
 Caitsith.Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-04-04 18:26:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazz I have tried like 3-4 times the problem is the pther toads.. so would you reccamend me just keep clearing those other toads out.. continuously till the fog weather rolls in?

The only issue with Saruta {s} is that when Peroggo Gent Appears the other toads link.. and they are just dmg only.. ot sure how you can concentrate on the gents... when the other toads are in the way...

If I go to Mamook apprently says to use Chaotic eye alot....LOL
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-04-04 18:47:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Well foggy weather can only appear between like, 2 and 7am or something can't it? So just clear out all the toads before that. Otherwise it's exactly the same story as with refueling, you can camp it for weeks waiting for foggy weather for a mob you can solo easily, or you can go to Mount Z/Mamook and fight a higher level version that is always going to be up. There's no way you can solo the clusters in Mount Z at the level you learn refueling, but if you know what you're doing then poroggos are soloable, they're just not for the faint of heart. (hence why I said if you want to solo, it's pretty much saruta {s} only)

Oh, and as Das mentioned above, this spell does benefit from MND greater than macc, not sure how much though, I'm yet to test which is greater, MND+3 (mamool ja earring) or MAB+5 (moldy), but I actually wouldn't be surprised to see that it's the MND, I'll test it eventually and get back to you, should help work the entire build, but basically, just stack on as much MND as you can get.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-04-04 18:55:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:
Well foggy weather can only appear between like, 2 and 7am or something can't it? So just clear out all the toads before that. Otherwise it's exactly the same story as with refueling, you can camp it for weeks waiting for foggy weather for a mob you can solo easily, or you can go to Mount Z/Mamook and fight a higher level version that is always going to be up. There's no way you can solo the clusters in Mount Z at the level you learn refueling, but if you know what you're doing then poroggos are soloable, they're just not for the faint of heart. (hence why I said if you want to solo, it's pretty much saruta {s} only)

Oh, and as Das mentioned above, this spell does benefit from MND greater than macc, not sure how much though, I'm yet to test which is greater, MND 3 (mamool ja earring) or MAB 5 (moldy), but I actually wouldn't be surprised to see that it's the MND, I'll test it eventually and get back to you, should help work the entire build, but basically, just stack on as much MND as you can get.

Blazz I just want to appologise for issues we may have had in the past. What I 've learned that there are lots of ppl that may have ideas that will /can help you out, and having a bridge burned, can hinder that. I just want to say that I appolgise for maybe being a dolt...and would like to continue working along side with Ya Blazz, b.c you ... Know alot about the Blu Profession... I'm goign to specialize in Blu for a long time, b.c Blue is my last 4th job to 75 that im taking and im now meriting all 4 jobs that are 75. ( Thf, Blu, Blm and Sam).

Thanks in Advance!!!
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-04-04 18:55:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:
Oh, and as Das mentioned above, this spell does benefit from MND greater than macc, not sure how much though, I'm yet to test which is greater, MND 3 (mamool ja earring) or MAB 5 (moldy), but I actually wouldn't be surprised to see that it's the MND, I'll test it eventually and get back to you, should help work the entire build, but basically, just stack on as much MND as you can get.
In the middle of a run right now, but I can work that out for you in a bit if you like. What's your build?

EDIT: nvm, I see it
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-04-04 19:08:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I also have novio now, and balrahn's ring replaces Omega in assault/salvage/nyzul. I also have AF+1 hat (full set actually, lol).

The main thing I'm interested to know is how yigit gloves compare to morrigans. I'm still waiting on that *** rampart to cough up, and I want them for a lot of stuff other than simply nuking, just wonder how they compare for a lot of blu stuffs. I'm thinking magic hammer and regurgitation (the only two nukes I often use) would both benefit more from yigit...
 Caitsith.Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-04-04 19:10:56
Link | Quote | Reply

wow and regurgitation.. I wondered why I always got hate when using that.. that is a good spell to use huh?
 Sylph.Sindri
Server: Sylph
user: Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-04-04 19:11:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Magic Hammer is like Mystic Boon in a few ways :P

Generally Weak
MND modded
Drains MP for DMG dealt (though I'm not sure if with Mystic Boon, the mob needs to have MP)

Unlike Mystic Boon however it's affected by Magic Attack Bonus.

The sets above pretty much cover great gear for it, don't sweat about Light/Apollo's on Imps you won't ever get to 100 TP anyways; though if you want my opinion, don't bother with Magic Hammer, Disseverment, Hysteric Barrage, Frenetic Rip, Disseverment kills it, may not even need that last Disseverment depending on Critical Hits.

Easiest place to learn is in West Sarutabaruta (S) but because they are a weather spawn you might want to opt for the added Difficulty in Mamook, for the stability in spawns.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-04-04 19:17:33
Link | Quote | Reply

well being lvl 75 now, and just starting to play with equipment swaps myself and being at 20k into exps into lvl 75, I want to cap my 75 at 44K and making sure I stay at 75 while meriting so I don't drop lvl, and I want to being my career blu off on a good start. So... you see, I want to maximize my efforts into what I do, and not to dmg my ability in doing so, by making it easy on myself. I'm sure everyone would share my opinion to a certian point of view?
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-04-04 19:26:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait, what? Two things.

Neon, what are you on about? It's basically impossible to pull hate with Regurgitation, it gives 60VE which is gone in 1 second (not exaggerating). Doesn't matter if you do 600 damage with it, all your hate except for 1 will be gone by the time the mob reaches you or has hit you once...

Sindri, gotta disagree with you on imps there. My method for killing imps is to use a few spells on the first imp, then use magic hammer towards the end of the fight (so you get full MP return on it). Keep swords on, fight second imp as normal. Should be close to 100 tp by the third imp, solo Distortion, use magic hammer again as it should just be coming up at this stage (and can use staff), then rest to full. With a good hmp set you should be hitting full MP at about the same time that magic hammer is ready to use again. Using this method, I kill 3 imps, rest to full and repeat all day. The gap after the third imp is short enough that I can continue the next set of three imps from chain 3, and constant chain 5's all day long.

For shits and giggles once you have this down, use an anniversary ring after the first three imps:

Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-04-04 19:29:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Neonracer said:
well being lvl 75 now, and just starting to play with equipment swaps myself and being at 20k into exps into lvl 75, I want to cap my 75 at 44K and making sure I stay at 75 while meriting so I don't drop lvl, and I want to being my career blu off on a good start. So... you see, I want to maximize my efforts into what I do, and not to dmg my ability in doing so, by making it easy on myself. I'm sure everyone would share my opinion to a certian point of view?
I keep all jobs capped at 44k myself, but 20k is heaps of buffer, switch to merits and cap blu magic > sword > a few group 1 before worrying too much about capping exp. Lowest I've ever got, and I like to die a lot, is just over 31k buffer.

Also, unfortunately, you can't fully merit blu and blm, FU SE.
 Sylph.Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-04-04 19:35:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:
Caitsith.Neonracer said:
I keep all jobs capped at 44k myself, but 20k is heaps of buffer, switch to merits and cap blu magic > sword > a few group 1 before worrying too much about capping exp. Lowest I've ever got, and I like to die a lot, is just over 31k buffer.

Also, unfortunately, you can't fully merit blu and blm, FU SE.

Can fully merit BLU but technically can't fully merit BLM even if it's onry 75, let alone if you want to merit another job. Hope the level cap increase shows changes to that for you Blazza, I'll try out that method next time I head out to Caedarva, I can rarely hit Chain 5 with my method so apparently I'm doing something wrong xD
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-04-04 19:38:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Yigit should beat Morrigan's pretty easily outside of full set. I'll run the numbers to double check though.

EDIT: and the thread took off while I was gone o.0
 Caitsith.Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-04-04 19:40:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:
Wait, what? Two things.

Neon, what are you on about? It's basically impossible to pull hate with Regurgitation, it gives 60VE which is gone in 1 second (not exaggerating). Doesn't matter if you do 600 damage with it, all your hate except for 1 will be gone by the time the mob reaches you or has hit you once...

So your saying that I should be ok then, and not to worry bout becoming a hate magnet? what about in Campaign though??

Odin.Blazza said:
Sindri, gotta disagree with you on imps there. My method for killing imps is to use a few spells on the first imp, then use magic hammer towards the end of the fight (so you get full MP return on it). Keep swords on, fight second imp as normal. Should be close to 100 tp by the third imp, solo Distortion, use magic hammer again as it should just be coming up at this stage (and can use staff), then rest to full. With a good hmp set you should be hitting full MP at about the same time that magic hammer is ready to use again. Using this method, I kill 3 imps, rest to full and repeat all day. The gap after the third imp is short enough that I can continue the next set of three imps from chain 3, and constant chain 5's all day long.

For shits and giggles once you have this down, use an anniversary ring after the first three imps:

That friggin awesome.. ya chainig imps is not to bad really. I first duo'd imps in Caedirva Mire... at first I was hmmm, afterwards I was ...WOW... easy!
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-04-04 19:42:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Oops, my bad. But yeah, I don't know how much you know about Enmity Neon, but it generates a preset amount regardless of how much damage you do (Regurgitation). 640 VE (and no CE) means that all the enmity you produce has worn off in 10.6 seconds, and isn't a high amount of enmity anyway. I've been very close to the top of the hate list on something many a time and not been able to pull hate with a 450 damage regurgitation.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-04-04 19:49:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:
Oops, my bad. But yeah, I don't know how much you know about Enmity Neon, but it generates a preset amount regardless of how much damage you do (Regurgitation). 640 VE (and no CE) means that all the enmity you produce has worn off in 10.6 seconds, and isn't a high amount of enmity anyway. I've been very close to the top of the hate list on something many a time and not been able to pull hate with a 450 damage regurgitation.

oh phew.... was gonna say, well I know in Campaign I saw a Pld in Vunker inlet and all of a sudden he like stopped takeng dmg, well he stopped fighting and idk , but what was his mission, but the orc started in on me after he died, then the pld when back up north to sit and rest and regen his too weak ***...

..must have been wanting to get off a hate list, and make me become Numero Uno Hate list to this orc in Campaign.. I was pissed off why he did this...****ers....><

Sorry I didn't mean to de rial this thread.. we're supposed to be talking about Magic Hammers...LOL Blue Spell..hehe
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-04-04 19:54:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, with only 1 CE and 10 seconds worth of VE you should never have hate with Regurgitation unless you're duoing with a PUP or everyone's dead XD

Blazza, why Distortion instead of Light?
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-04-04 20:18:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Blazza, why Distortion instead of Light?
Simple. Disservement>>>> cannonball. Especially on imps
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-04-04 20:22:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Side note it sorta depends on the situation but yeah 3 mnd earring probably does beat moldy. I think my 5 mnd neck beats ugg pendant alot of the times even when it is active.

Hammers base dmg is pretty low but mnd is a stat mod and Dmnd is also taken into account.

As far as learning it I personally really reccommend mamook. Set auto refresh accurcay bonus and sporofic and mp drain kiss and just F rip sleep aspir wait on sleep recast repeat. Make sure to bring echos for water bomb and feed it tp at the end. Once it uses a move generally kill regardless of the move since it's too low to get 100% again without like meleeing or something. Which is doable but there is some danger
 Sylph.Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-04-05 03:25:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Neonracer said:
Blazz I have tried like 3-4 times the problem is the pther toads.. so would you reccamend me just keep clearing those other toads out.. continuously till the fog weather rolls in?

The only issue with Saruta {s} is that when Peroggo Gent Appears the other toads link.. and they are just dmg only.. ot sure how you can concentrate on the gents... when the other toads are in the way...

If I go to Mamook apprently says to use Chaotic eye alot....LOL

Ridiculously overlooking the problem.
1: With Cocoon, they won't hit you hard at all, if you can't survive that then your not going to get very far in Mamook either
2: You should be sleeping them
3: If you pull the "cant be slept" argument you need to do a bit more reasearch, Dark based Sleeps work fine on them just immune to light.

USUALLY only occurs between 2 to 7 Ive seen it as late as 10 though.
First Page 2