users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Concordia
Concordia
 Quetzalcoatl.Wulfy
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
By Quetzalcoatl.Wulfy 2010-04-02 09:05:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I was wondering if Concordia's augment of "Physical Blue Magic: Attack+2" is a straight damage increase or is like an additional 2%?
[+]
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-04-02 09:13:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm no BLU, but from the wording it sounds like it's just like every other attack +2. Simply adds 2 to your attack.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-04-02 09:23:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah but attack doesn't do anything for BLU magic o.O;
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-04-02 09:44:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra said:
Yeah but attack doesn't do anything for BLU magic o.O;
I'm just saying it's a straight addition and not a percentage based addition.
 Cerberus.Liquidblue
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Liquidblue 2010-04-02 10:57:48
Link | Quote | Reply

It's my understanding that blue magic attack and weapon attack are separate calculations, making that augment more desirable. I don't have it yet, but I'm working on getting the evolith to try it for myself.

This doesn't really cover it but there's some interesting stuff here:
http://www.neko-sentai.com/images/BlumageNFO.htm
[+]
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-04-02 11:00:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Liquidblue said:
It's my understanding that blue magic attack and weapon attack are separate calculations, making that augment more desirable. I don't have it yet, but I'm working on getting the evolith to try it for myself.

This doesn't really cover it but there's some interesting stuff here:
http://www.neko-sentai.com/images/BlumageNFO.htm
I found that page the other day when I was helping a BLU friend judge some gear options. It's a ton of ***to take in all at once, lol.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Wulfy
By Quetzalcoatl.Wulfy 2010-04-02 11:35:56
Link | Quote | Reply

The problem is the stat is new. Normally spell mods and Blue Magic Skill and ACC gear is what you shoot for but this intrigues me.
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-04-02 12:38:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Wulfy said:
The problem is the stat is new. Normally spell mods and Blue Magic Skill and ACC gear is what you shoot for but this intrigues me.
Worded new yes however it was probably always there. For a long time the only thing missing from being able to calculate blu physical spells is while it is certain there is a form of pdif and mob def is used in it blu attack isn't.

My guess is that this adds to whatever that attack was. My guess was it was probably a combo of blu skill and str like most melees base att is cept they use weapon instead of magic skill. Which makes it kinda sound sucky but when you consider how the fact that blu doesn't have the ability to raise that attack like other jobs normally do theres a butt ton makes it more desirable. Especially on those hard things where all the melees get super buffed and blu is still sitting there QQing cause the mob has high def.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-04-02 12:41:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Quetzalcoatl.Wulfy said:
Worded new yes however it was probably always there. For a long time the only thing missing from being able to calculate blu physical spells is while it is certain there is a form of pdif and mob def is used in it blu attack isn't.

My guess is that this adds to whatever that attack was. My guess was it was probably a combo of blu skill and str like most melees base att is cept they use weapon instead of magic skill. Which makes it kinda sound sucky but when you consider how the fact that blu doesn't have the ability to raise that attack like other jobs normally do theres a butt ton makes it more desirable. Especially on those hard things where all the melees get super buffed and blu is still sitting there QQing cause the mob has high def.
Poor BLUs =(
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-04-02 12:47:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah yeah inb4 that's what SA is for