Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » BLU sword
BLU sword
By daddyrabbit4444 2010-03-29 13:41:29
Link | Quote | Reply

which soulsword do yall think is better for blu? 4dex. 8 acc. or 4str. 12 att. plz let me know.
 Ramuh.Laffter
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-03-29 13:42:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably depends on your current set-up anyway.

Inb4 "Situational ***is situational."
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2010-03-29 13:43:11
Link | Quote | Reply

daddyrabbit4444 said:
which soulsword do yall think is better for blu? 4dex. 8 acc. or 4str. 12 att. plz let me know.
Blazza would be the one to ask, but personally I'd go with the 4 dex 8 acc, since attack does nothing for your physical spells, but the accuracy does help them.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-03-29 13:47:50
Link | Quote | Reply

And STR >= DEX for those same spells. It depends entirely on your hitrate. Personally I'm not inclined to use either over Perdu, much less Koggelmander; if Antea's proc rate isn't good I won't be upgrading a Magian sword.
By daddyrabbit4444 2010-03-29 14:06:56
Link | Quote | Reply

explain to me how purdu even comes close to 4dex 8 acc? sorry this new sword is much better only kogg. is better, other than relic
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-03-29 14:12:21
Link | Quote | Reply

daddyrabbit4444 said:
explain to me how purdu even comes close to 4dex 8 acc? sorry this new sword is much better only kogg. is better, other than relic
Guessing you missed the part where I said it depends entirely on your hitrate. I don't need 5 more accuracy from my weapons, I eat food according to the situation and make the necessary gear swaps in slots where I can make better trades that also don't involve losing TP. In all honesty I could afford to TP in less accuracy at many events, which is why I've got my eye on that new Haste+6% helm.
 Garuda.Aurilius
Server: Garuda
user: Aurilius
By Garuda.Aurilius 2010-03-29 14:19:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm making the 4 str 12 attk sword for cannonball. After going 0/27 on a Koggel, I give up on that damn sword.

Otherwise I'd stick to perdu. The 4 dex and acc would have it's situational uses, but Nightfyre already explained.
 Odin.Kalico
Server: Odin
user: Panthra
By Odin.Kalico 2010-03-29 14:26:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dameshi said:
daddyrabbit4444 said:
Blazza would be the one to ask, but personally I'd go with the 4 dex 8 acc, since attack does nothing for your physical spells, but the accuracy does help them.

because if you eat food then your acc should be capped especially if you melee in homam and use relic ,enkidu,or homam body. and set fren. rip and dissv. for a extra 10 acc. Then you can do a soulsaber with 4str and att+12 which is probably a lil better or equal to perdu but soulsaber might further upgradable (if it is then it antea and soulsaber will be the best blu swords to dual weild). Getting soulsaber with 4dex 8 acc is waste because you can cap acc w/o it leaving you to do a better augment.
 Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-03-29 14:37:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think 1 hander can realistically cap on any mob in the game that's worth it

Edit: sorry, missed the food part
By semimmortal 2010-03-29 16:01:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Mmmm, haven't started yet with these trials (but I will try soon enough!), but is it possible to get 2 Soulsabers?
One's the STR the other's the DEX?

Might be great for those who can never get those damn Koggels (/cry), and could be almost, or maybe just behind by a few DPS, than the Perdu/Koggel combo.

If not, then I guess the STR/attack's good to replace the lolIfrits or Beast Slayers, as ACC can be easily capped with food.
STR's very hard to come by, and our major spells depends on them.

Sorry if my post sounds HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, haven't been in touch with the game's update yet. But I'm willing to hope you can get more than one Soul's with different augmentations (would be very nice for those unfortunate people with low number of friends/ls members)
 Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-03-29 16:04:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm gonna start my antea. Im thinking Soulsaber with ACC and Dex with Antea in offhand.
By semimmortal 2010-03-29 16:15:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Antea's OAT sounded nice at first, but to me... it's more like a Campaign weapon or at scenarios where we go /DNC (or if you've managed to merit CA timer).

I won't lie though, I want one! I just wish the stronger version wasn't that tedious to obtain ><
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-03-29 17:09:50
Link | Quote | Reply

semimmortal said:
Mmmm, haven't started yet with these trials (but I will try soon enough!), but is it possible to get 2 Soulsabers?
One's the STR the other's the DEX?

Might be great for those who can never get those damn Koggels (/cry), and could be almost, or maybe just behind by a few DPS, than the Perdu/Koggel combo.

If not, then I guess the STR/attack's good to replace the lolIfrits or Beast Slayers, as ACC can be easily capped with food.
STR's very hard to come by, and our major spells depends on them.

Sorry if my post sounds HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, haven't been in touch with the game's update yet. But I'm willing to hope you can get more than one Soul's with different augmentations (would be very nice for those unfortunate people with low number of friends/ls members)
Soulsabers are aug/ex, so you can get more than one. Same for all the other elemental path weapons (double AGI/EVA knives gogo etc). Only the max damage and OAT paths are r/aug/ex.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-29 17:31:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Really the OTA on antea is more about upping your DOT alot. And situationally helping you get off a ws inbetween CA without having to wait to get to 100% after CA is already up.

As far as acc like alot of people have said blu is one of the few jobs that doesn't really need to worry as much. Not counting perdu I tp in 43 gear acc 9 dex and +5 swd skill. Then add in some swd merits and seting acc bonus for another 10 acc and and usually a good 10-15 or so dex set in spells if I remember. So capping acc most the time isn't that hard even with pizza let alone sushi. Hell like night says even with that 6 haste head i could cap acc with HQ pizza on birds, so yeah even with that and the 1 haste neck I could easily with sushi