Forum » FFXI » Servers » Asura » Asura- LFM Sortie 8 Boss + Night Group
Asura- LFM Sortie 8 Boss + Night Group
 Asura.Dexprozius
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Dexprozius 2024-02-26 16:46:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey there folks.

I'm in the process of forming a night time Sortie 8 boss + static. I have a good amount of prospective players whom I've run with many times, but the hours at which I've run have been very hard for many to deal with. The players I have are quite proficient at 8 Boss, and we'd prefer to do Melee.

The goal of this static will be to get a core group of 6 players and aim for daily runs as consistently as possible. Once we're comfortable with playing as a group, I'd like to transition to Aminon melee strat (and Hard mode) asap, whether that's a month or so down the road is not an issue to me maintaining that we're progressing towards that either job wise or efficiency in the event.

We're looking gather @~1:45 AM EST / 10:45 PM PST / 6:45 AM GMT, and enter within 30 minutes, ideally starting on the hour. One of our core members can't really push it past that time due to work hours, and I myself will just be getting home from work to start the group, making it a tight window. I'm sorry, but I can't really start any earlier.

If this time frame and goal align with you, please feel free to shoot me a DM here or in game to discuss what you bring to the table. I tend to leave my character logged in almost every day, and have AnsweringMachine on so I won't miss your message. The people I have already on board are pretty flexible job wise, so we can likely accommodate you presuming you're geared and prepared for 8 boss+ type runs.

I will say that ideally an experienced WHM, especially one who could also transition to PLD for when we get to Aminon, would be my top pick from a new member, but I'm willing to hear out other people as to what they have. Its more important that I get a group of like-minded people who can meet consistently in the timeframe, and I'll sort out jobs accordingly from there.

We will be on Discord voice, so I would expect you to be available to at least listen to instructions/strategies being discussed over voice, and ideally speak back, but not having a mic is not a deal breaker.

Thank you for your time, and I look forward to hearing from any of you who are interested.
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2024-02-26 16:54:27
Link | Quote | Reply

As a follow up; If this time is too inconvenient for people, I'll consider adjusting it, so I'll hear out anyone. If you're someone who really fits what we need well I'm personally willing to work around you so share with me what you bring to the table and when you can bring it. Thanks!
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2024-02-27 20:02:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Crickets. This time slot is cursed lol
[+]
By publix 2024-02-27 20:13:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't done sortie in a while, but I have a ywhm with full +2empy and burt pld with full +2 empy also etc.
[+]
By Dortwo 2024-02-27 22:41:43
Link | Quote | Reply

What kind of range are you playing with for changing around times?
[+]
By Ranoutofspace 2024-02-28 00:20:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Fwiw 11:30pm would be 2:30am est, not 1:30am (unless the US changed something?)

Either way though, finishing sortie at 1-4am is usually to late for the 9-5 crowd, too early for the UK (squeezing in before work) and too early for Australia/Japan (still working).

If you cant go several hours earlier then yeah it's slim pickings these days.
[+]
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2024-02-28 00:39:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ranoutofspace said: »
Fwiw 11:30pm would be 2:30am est, not 1:30am

That's correct, thanks for pointing out the typo.

Are you interested in a group and this time doesnt work for you? What time Would work for you? This is the ideal time for me and another static member, but I'm well aware it's a tough sell for most, and if need be I can try to work out another time for more people.

Dortwo said: »
What kind of range are you playing with for changing around times?

I can get home from work between 12:30 and 1:00 am EST. I'd run any time into the morning, however the other member I have the most experience playing with is PST and would like to get to sleep by midnight his time. That means he'd have to enter ~ 11:00pm (2:00 AM EST) to be comfortable.

If we had to run afternoons, I'd have to check with his schedule. It'd be fine by me, that just means I'd go to bed sooner to be available, but I'm trying to work with people. The lateast I could do is 2, Maybe 3pm EST, then I need to leave for work (4pm ish)

LMK what you got going on and I can talk to the other people who shared an interest
By Dortwo 2024-02-28 01:23:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dexprozius said: »
LMK what you got going on and I can talk to the other people who shared an interest

Dm'ed with some more info
By K123 2024-02-28 06:30:05
Link | Quote | Reply

06:30 entry time isn't bad for UK to do before work. 06:30 gathering and 07:00 entry is pushing it though.
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2024-02-29 19:06:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Just to follow up, we have our group of 6 now. Will bump in the future should anyone not work out or leave the group for whatever reason.

Thank you to everyone who reached out here or in game/DM.
[+]
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2024-03-19 19:52:34
Link | Quote | Reply

UPDATE: LOOKING FOR MEMBER ** GEO **

We're doing Aminon + 8 boss with the group we have; PLD, COR, BRD, RDM, DNC, GEO. Unfortunately our GEO will have to leave the static April 16th (Tuesday) and we're looking for a replacement. If you're available sooner we can take you in to get acclimated with our group before then, as our GEO is willing to step out a little earlier.

Ideally, we'd only need a GEO who has Idris, can set up melee sets, WS sets (pref nyame r25), Absorb TP set (short recast), and Occult acumen Impact set for the fight itself. Goes without saying but I expect you to be comfortable with all GEO things, swapping bubbles mid fight, positioning them etc.

Having other jobs such as BRD, COR, WAR, RDM, WHM etc are all a bonus to be flexible for days in which a member cannot make it, and we may have to do a regular 8 boss run.

Willing to work with you to get comfortable for the run and now just throw you into the fire, we can do a few 8 boss runs Aminon style, where we gravity kite H and F and work your way into the fight via normal mode. Also willing to help people farm missing things that will help their sets or RP some fights in odyssey.

As the title post states, we start as close to 2:00am EST as possible (11pm PST, 7am GMT), + or - 15 minutes depending on attendance etc. We've been running every day barring Multiple members not being able to attend.

Discord is a must, I've set up a server for the group which I will invite you to. Having a mic is Not necessary, but highly encouraged.

Please reply here, DM here, or message me in game. I'll review any tells I missed when I get home from work and try to get back to you ASAP.

---------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: If you're not a GEO, but a veteran of one of the other 5 jobs, we may be willing to shuffle our jobs around to accommodate you. Don't hesitate to reach out and we can discuss whether or not it'd be possible to fit you in. Most important thing is someone who's committed to running daily and at our time window.
By K123 2024-03-20 08:49:05
Link | Quote | Reply

You do Aminon hard mode and 8 bosses in 60 minutes with those jobs?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-03-20 09:03:14
Link | Quote | Reply

That's the "standard" 9NM aminon HM setup
[+]
By K123 2024-03-20 11:30:48
Link | Quote | Reply

It's insane that the game changed that much from when Sortie was first added.
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2024-03-20 22:30:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the bump lol

Still seeking a 6th member, plenty of time as we'll need them by mid april. GEO preferred, please reach out <3.

Yes 9 boss, no Tako or Sortie Buddy, I don't condone that stuff. We bolters/choco jig2 the whole way, manually look for bitzers. Bad luck bitzers hurt for sure.
[+]
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2024-03-24 08:26:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bump

Still have yet to find anyone interested.

Again: Preferably GEO, but can take COR BRD DNC

We're doing Aminon + 8 boss, but will likely need to take some time learning with a new member. Having additional jobs for when we don't do 9 bosses (due to someone not being able to attend) helps alot.

We run daily at 2:00 am EST / 11:00 pm PST
 Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Tomasello
By Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello 2024-03-24 10:51:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I would do it, if it was 2-3 hours earlier.

I have a top tier GEO, COR, RDM, DRK, WAR, etc. but that's just a rough time slot.

I totally understand this is what fits best for your group's work schedule. If something changes let me know.
[+]
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2024-03-24 17:56:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Appreciate the reply, Unfortunately that's too early for about half of our current regulars. If that changes down the road I'll give you a shout!