Forum » FFXI » General » Returning, looking for folk
Returning, looking for folk
 Quetzalcoatl.Junbug
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
By Quetzalcoatl.Junbug 2024-02-17 11:22:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi all ^^

Returning after a 2-2.5 yr break. I've come back to Asura, but none of my old folks are about and I'm looking for a shell to join (for hanging out, chatting, xp'ing, events, etc.).

Is Asura the place to be still? Seems to be (more) overrun with RMT & merc shouts, and not much in terms of real players?

Any help is appreciated. I really want to play again but I'm finding it really empty and depressing at the moment.

Junbug
[+]
By Shichishito 2024-02-17 12:07:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Returning, looking for folk
Carefull, don't use the f word. I read some people around here are sensitive to it.

Quetzalcoatl.Junbug said: »
I really want to play again but I'm finding it really empty and depressing
That's the FFXI 2024 experience right there.

The standard reply is:
Asura for largest pool of players although there are good arguments to pick a different server, bahamut for NA players or EU players that can fit their shedule around NA players prime time and Odin for JP players.
The rest is considered pretty much equally empty and maybe the place to be if you need to play catch-up on abyssea stage empy weapons.

Personally I'd advice to save yourself the money to switch servers cause there is a good chance it will feel just as empty and depressing on what ever server you pick unless there are people you know from the past.

At least try several different linkshells from the concierge and try striking up a conversation befor you consider spending money.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-02-17 12:30:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Is Asura the place to be still? Seems to be (more) overrun with RMT & merc shouts, and not much in terms of real players?

You might find Bahamut better these days, although Asura has more players merc culture is so strong now that people don't like helping others (cause they can sell stuff) and people prefer to buy stuff (cause it's easier than doing stuff)
[+]
By Godfry 2024-02-17 12:45:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I too hate the RMT community in Asura.

But I can be your friend. How much are you paying?
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2024-02-17 13:12:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I moved to Odin due the issues you described.

Albeit, Odin PUG is now dead for NA.

If I were to resub I’d either go to Bahamut or Asura.