Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Elemental Spells: Weather Conditions
Elemental Spells: Weather Conditions
 Leviathan.Tsukki
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Tsukki
By Leviathan.Tsukki 2023-12-05 01:33:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey everyone! I'm trying to learn the rest of the elemental AoE spells (specifically Anvil Lightning, Blinding Fulgor, and Searing Tempest) and was wondering if the chances of getting the right weather conditions is dependent on anything? I've tried doing skirmish for the spells but my blu keeps getting flatlined (I'm probably doing something wrong but idk). I've also been chilling in Ceizak waiting for fire weather or wind but can't seem to get either. Any suggestions? Anything is appreciated ^^
 Leviathan.Tsukki
By Leviathan.Tsukki 2023-12-05 01:38:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Also: I've tried using the weather dude in Eastern Adoulin, but he seems pretty useless from what I've read and done
 Bahamut.Mhysa
Server: Bahamut
user: Nathoo
By Bahamut.Mhysa 2023-12-05 01:48:58
Link | Quote | Reply

You will have better luck with those spells in Alluvion Skrimish. There’s nothing you can do to trigger certain weather.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-12-05 02:19:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I learned them all in Alluvion Skirmish I think
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-12-05 09:16:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Much like with the quest to unlock Summoner with the Carbuncle's Ruby, the hardest one to get naturally is the Fire one. I found all of the other ones pretty easily while just wandering around collecting other spells.

I think I ultimately did Alluvion Skirmish for Blinding Fulgor and Searing Tempest, but the other ones I just happened upon elementals regularly enough.
[+]
 Shiva.Eightball
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2023-12-05 12:05:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Skirmish is 100% the way to learn all of these, I had only made blu for mythic farming back in the day but I was able learn to nearly all of them in just a few skirmishes.
[+]
 Shiva.Flowen
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2023-12-05 13:12:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the ones in sortie section F use these spells? Probably the easiest spot if you dont mind burning a run, but then there is lock out. Alluvion skirmish as others have said is probably still best. Yorcia and use cape or ring eudaemon item to increase number of elementals
[+]
 Leviathan.Tsukki
By Leviathan.Tsukki 2023-12-05 14:53:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Any recommendations on how I should go about it? I did the 1-3-1 Yorcia but got completely destroyed...
 Leviathan.Tsukki
By Leviathan.Tsukki 2023-12-05 14:55:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flowen said: »
I think the ones in sortie section F use these spells?
I didn't even think about that, might do that instead. Thanks a bunch !
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2023-12-05 21:06:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I forget which tiers you want on skirmish, you would need to go read up on what pieces do what again, but there’s specific pieces you want to be somewhat higher tier to get all the stuff you want.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2023-12-05 21:33:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Tsukki said: »
Any recommendations on how I should go about it? I did the 1-3-1 Yorcia but got completely destroyed...

Are you under geared? Trusts alone should be able to keep you alive, as that content is pretty dated. You could maybe just spam Subduction (aside from the elements that resist wind) and be able to destroy just admit anything. What's your set look like? Blu emp+2 is overkill for farming that area, nothing should be threatening in the unless you're unprepared gear/spell wise

Edit: just thought about this. Are you trying to fight the monsters that are approaching the skirmish camp? Because those can't be killed without the assistance of the Skirmish NPCs iirc. You can just ignore them though as they go straight for your camp, allowing you to farm elementals
[+]
By Felgarr 2023-12-05 21:43:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Tsukki said: »
Hey everyone! I'm trying to learn the rest of the elemental AoE spells (specifically Anvil Lightning, Blinding Fulgor, and Searing Tempest) and was wondering if the chances of getting the right weather conditions is dependent on anything? I've tried doing skirmish for the spells but my blu keeps getting flatlined (I'm probably doing something wrong but idk). I've also been chilling in Ceizak waiting for fire weather or wind but can't seem to get either. Any suggestions? Anything is appreciated ^^

I learned all of these spells by going to the corresponding Gates zones near any Frontier Station. (Doh/Woh/Moh/Sig Gates zones, etc). I remember I learned Blinding Fulgor from a dual Light/Fire elemental in Moh gates under fire or light weather.

Basically, go to a Frontier Station (non-numbered), because it's always close to an Gates zone, then just wait for the weather to change and you'll see a dual-elemental mob appear on Widescan, then you can try to learn it from that particular mob.
[+]
 Leviathan.Tsukki
By Leviathan.Tsukki 2023-12-06 23:46:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm full empy with +2 head and feet, nq for the rest with Naejling and Medeina Kilij with some pretty high-lvl accessories. Sounds like my problem was trying to fight the wrong monsters. Makes sense that I'd have issues there.
 Leviathan.Tsukki
By Leviathan.Tsukki 2023-12-06 23:46:46
Link | Quote | Reply

That sounds super helpful. I'll try this out
 Leviathan.Tsukki
By Leviathan.Tsukki 2023-12-06 23:48:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Update: I tried a Sortie run and learned Blinding Fulgor, though it took me 45 min to actually get the elemental killed. Anyone know what spells are good against those high level ones? Or what I should have for Sortie in general? I appreciate everyone's input as it has been very helpful, and I'll be trying to do Skirmish again since I think I did it wrong lol

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Tsukki
By Leviathan.Tsukki 2023-12-07 17:27:06
Link | Quote | Reply

kuroki said: »
quick skirmish rundown:

use eudaemon cape or sash to make the ki, rest is up to you, this will make elementals spawn commonly. higher torso level gives you more time to spend per ki.

very easy to solo this once you get the hang of it. make sure if campaign is not active that you convert some copper vouchers into obsidian fragments before you go in.

when you enter, talk to the book right away and convert obsidian fragments to motes of puissance. spend the max of 1000 and use it to summon a bunch of worms and crabs. they will protect your base and slowly chip away at the enemy base.

once you have that established, go farm spells, returning to the base if you start to lose monsters. but at least on the first floor or two, you shouldn't have to return much at all, letting you spend the whole time farming spells.

just in case it wasn't clear, don't directly attack any of the monsters that are summoned by the enemy base. they will attack trusts if you run past them, but won't attack you.

This is a super useful rundown. Now I realize why I was getting decimated trying to do this and what I need to get started. Thanks a bunch for this!!!
By Vaerix 2023-12-07 17:52:13
Link | Quote | Reply

kuroki said: »
quick skirmish rundown:

use eudaemon cape or sash to make the ki, rest is up to you, this will make elementals spawn commonly. higher torso level gives you more time to spend per ki.

very easy to solo this once you get the hang of it. make sure if campaign is not active that you convert some copper vouchers into obsidian fragments before you go in.

when you enter, talk to the book right away and convert obsidian fragments to motes of puissance. spend the max of 1000 and use it to summon a bunch of worms and crabs. they will protect your base and slowly chip away at the enemy base.

once you have that established, go farm spells, returning to the base if you start to lose monsters. but at least on the first floor or two, you shouldn't have to return much at all, letting you spend the whole time farming spells.

just in case it wasn't clear, don't directly attack any of the monsters that are summoned by the enemy base. they will attack trusts if you run past them, but won't attack you.

First 2 floors you can just summon kirin and go farm for the entire time, kirin beats the enemy base down to 1hp, whenever you're ready to move up smack it and repeat on floor 2.
[+]
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Timepassesbye 2023-12-07 18:15:10
Link | Quote | Reply

If you can get 2 other people, vagary is a decent place to learn them as well
[+]
 Leviathan.Tsukki
By Leviathan.Tsukki 2023-12-08 00:49:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Timepassesbye said: »
If you can get 2 other people, vagary is a decent place to learn them as well
That's where I learned the first few of the spells (Entomb, Tenebral Crush, Scouring Spate I think) but the group I did it with changed servers so I don't see me getting it that way ^^
 Asura.Leaeric
Server: Asura
user: Leairc
By Asura.Leaeric 2023-12-21 15:03:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Just started character #3 and he’s my BLU.

Nice info here. About to go get all those spells this weekend. I just want to collect every spell and weapon and weaponskill for BLU, it’s just so damn fun and satisfying.

Really bc want that Cruel Joke spell. That just sounds like absolute game breakage. Lol

I sat and watched 2 BLU lalafells running around Reisennima just slaughtering stuff. I feel like I need that in my life.
 Leviathan.Tsukki
By Leviathan.Tsukki 2024-01-03 01:51:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Cruel Joke is a goal of mine too. It's super useful for Odyssey cleaving for segment farming, hope you get the spells your going for ^^