Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Windower » General » Xivbar modification - new features
Xivbar modification - new features
By Maelu 2023-03-29 19:56:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Since I wanted a more flexible way of doing skins for xivbar I rewrote a bit of the code.
It's based on SirEdeonX original xivbar, with only some modifications by me.

XIVBAR: https://github.com/MrMaelu/FFXIAddons/tree/master

Everything can now be positioned and modified through settings.xml
I also created a theme selector application that can update settings.xml based on separate settings files created with the themes.

There's added support for showing job and weapon icon as you change jobs and gear.

3-way split TP bars can be used. Some themes using this are included.

Elden Ring like death message is supported and included in the Elden Ring theme.
[+]
By Emendrael 2023-04-04 14:11:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello Maelu,

First, well done!
It's very nice to have theses news templates, I really like the XIV one :)

My question here is : how to edit the positionning ingame?
Does it request xml modification or can we do it through //xiv settings ?(for example)

It would be very nice to have like XIVParty, an ingame drag and drop and resize (through scroll up or down).

Thanks !
 Phoenix.Criky
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: ojofer
By Phoenix.Criky 2023-04-04 15:49:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello Maelu,

There seems to be an issue for me using this addon on my desktop. I play on a 55" TV so the bar doesn't show up anywhere :(. I've tried all kinds of numbers to adjust the bar but it doesn't appear. This addon works for me on my laptop so I'm assuming it's a display size issue. I love the new drop down menu and stuff so thank you for all the hard work!
By Emendrael 2023-04-04 16:20:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah same for me, I tried to edit the offset number, but nothing appears. In the console or directly in the theme settings. It still doesnt move.
By Maelu 2023-04-05 04:54:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi,

Thanks a lot for the interest in the changes I made and the themes!

Unfortunately I have not implemented a way to modify the settings in-game, you will need to edit the settings.xml file and then run "lua reload xivbar" in the Windower console to update.

I will look into it and see how complicated this is to add. My programming skills are limited, but there should be something I can look at in the xivparty addon and try to implement.

What I suggest is to edit the offsets at the top in the main settings.xml and the save this on top of the settings_<theme_name>.xml file in the ThemeSelectorResources folder when you're happy with it. There are backup copies of the original settings file for each theme in their theme folders, so should be safe to mess around with the other settings.

I'm not sure why it's not showing up on the larger screens, what resolution are you using?
The offsets are from center bottom, meaning X is centered, but Y offset at 0 or positive numbers will not show the bar. For a high resolution you might need to input a big offset there to see it above your chat log.

I'll create some documentation for how the settings.xml file is build and what each option does so it's easier to use.
Maybe also make a small skinning guide, since it's fairly simple to create your own with the changes I made.

Also, if you want the Elden Ring "You died" message I made a separate addon that does only that, and which is also fading in and out (unlike the one in the theme).

EDIT:
The theme selector application will overwrite settings.xml with the theme settings, so you must change the theme settings file as well when editing offsets etc.
By Ulgar 2023-04-05 13:49:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Edit: I can't read.
By Maelu 2023-04-05 15:49:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the tip, I haven't tried that updated version, the original xivhotbar was a little too buggy for me, but this looks promising.

It has a different purpose than that of xivbar though, but the dev of the original is the same I think.
By Maelu 2023-04-05 17:36:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Updated with console options for changing themes and offsets.

In-game console options:
"xivbar help" shows these options
"xivbar theme <themename>" will change theme, if the requested theme exists.
"xivbar x <number>" will move the bar right with positive and left with negative numbers.
"xivbar y <number>" will move the bar down with positive and up with negative numbers.
"xivbar center" will center the bar on your screen.
"xivbar reset" will reset the current theme to their default settings.
"xivbar save" will save the settings to the theme settings file.
If you do not save the settings will be returned to their defaults when you change themes.
By Emendrael 2023-04-06 10:40:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the last update, it helps to re-center the xivbar in a better way

By Maelu 2023-04-06 13:29:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm glad you like it :)

I've added a command to place it at a specified position too now.
xivbar pos <number> <number>

And some of the settings documentation is updated.
 Shiva.Paulu
Server: Shiva
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2023-04-06 16:44:28
Link | Quote | Reply

What is being used to hide the party list and display the party list like that?
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2023-04-06 19:12:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Paulu said: »
I *THINK* he changed the opacity of Equipviewer to hide party list? The other party list is XIVparty by Tylas.
[+]
By Maelu 2023-04-07 11:03:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I have added the possibility to scale the UI now.
It scales as a percentage of the original size, and is saved for each theme when you enable it.
To restore the original size simply input "xivbar scale 100".

New help text with the command explanation:
XIVBAR commands:
"xivbar theme <themename>" will change theme, if the requested theme exists.
"xivbar pos <number> <number>" will place the bar at the specified position.
"xivbar x <number>" will move the bar right with positive and left with negative numbers.
"xivbar y <number>" will move the bar down with positive and up with negative numbers.
"xivbar center" will center the bar on your screen
"xivbar scale <number>" will resize the bar by the percentage given, relative to it's default size.
"xivbar reset" will reset the current theme to it's default settings and reload the addon.
"xivbar save" will save the settings to the theme settings file.
If you do not save the settings will be returned to their defaults when you change themes.
By Emendrael 2023-04-08 08:07:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Negan said: »
Shiva.Paulu said: »
I *THINK* he changed the opacity of Equipviewer to hide party list? The other party list is XIVparty by Tylas.

You're absolutely right. Changed the EV addon background in order to hide everything that is behind. And the other addon is XIVPARTY (foundable on this forum)

@Maelu > Thank you so much for your update, it is now much better to place and to setup. A really shoutout to your job so far !
[+]
By Maelu 2023-04-21 21:37:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi,

I've made some updates.
There was an issue where the TP bars would disappear on occasion, this has been fixed.
Some cleanup of the code has been done, and I've added some new themes.

The small version of themes has been removed as they are obsolete since the scaling function was introduced.

Currently available themes:
By Maelu 2023-04-21 21:41:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Criky said: »
Hello Maelu,

There seems to be an issue for me using this addon on my desktop. I play on a 55" TV so the bar doesn't show up anywhere :(. I've tried all kinds of numbers to adjust the bar but it doesn't appear. This addon works for me on my laptop so I'm assuming it's a display size issue. I love the new drop down menu and stuff so thank you for all the hard work!

Did you make it work on the TV?
The console options to center or place at a fixed position might help.