Random Politics & Religion #31: 2018 Edition

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #31: 2018 Edition
Random Politics & Religion #31: 2018 Edition
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20 ... 55 56 57
By fonewear 2018-01-13 07:27:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Candlejack said: »
Viciouss said: »
No one has denied he said it, a couple of idiot senators said they did not recall, as if that’s even remotely believable. It’s been confirmed by two senators and their aides, it’s a true story. Any denial can’t even be called spin, it’s just lying.
*** Durbin and Lindsey Graham were both in the room and both heard him say it. Neither of them are sugarcoating his racism.
By fonewear 2018-01-13 07:28:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
Ah thats the conspiracy theory then, Bezos owns the newspaper which means he controls every story they publish..wait that was debunked yeats ago and we kmow he has nothing to do with their day to day operations? Yea, like I said, Aman is making ***up, two days after the fact the story has been confirmed by all but the two senators that cant remember. But I understand, racists have to cover for each other, even if it is way too late.

You mad bro ?
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-01-13 09:17:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyre said: »
Leaving those posts up, but really, don't start flinging, "<Poster that doesn't agree with me> is racist." around in here. Keep it civil. Better yet, keep it funny. Certainly, don't cheapen the meaning of serious allegations like that. It serves no one.
Now, now, Vyre. No one's called anyone on here a racist yet, at least as far as I'm aware. Trump, however, outed himself as one and that's the current discussion, or so it seems.
Trump outed himself as a racist when he announced his campaign.

This is not news.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2018-01-13 09:35:50
Link | Quote | Reply

It really is insightful to look at how Democrats do word associations. First word that pops into your head:

The word is "Haiti"

Response from a normal person: Island! or Earthquake! etc

Response from a Democrat: Black people!

The word is "Mexico"

Response from a normal person: Border! or Tacos! etc

Response from a Democrat: Brown people!
[+]
By Viciouss 2018-01-13 09:53:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Little early for trolling isnt it Aman?
By fonewear 2018-01-13 10:15:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Asura.Vyre said: »
Leaving those posts up, but really, don't start flinging, "<Poster that doesn't agree with me> is racist." around in here. Keep it civil. Better yet, keep it funny. Certainly, don't cheapen the meaning of serious allegations like that. It serves no one.
Now, now, Vyre. No one's called anyone on here a racist yet, at least as far as I'm aware. Trump, however, outed himself as one and that's the current discussion, or so it seems.
Trump outed himself as a racist when he announced his campaign.

This is not news.

What if I told you no one but you cares ?
[+]
By fonewear 2018-01-13 10:21:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Adding yet another Trump sticky wicket: It's been revealed that Trump's lawyer during the campaign paid thousands of dollars to a hundred women, possibly more, including an adult film star (Stormy Daniels) as "hush money" to cover up affairs and sexual harassment Trump was doing behind Melania's back.

Sounds like you are jealous.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-01-13 10:22:54
Link | Quote | Reply

How many posts can Vic go without bashing Trump my bet is 0.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-01-13 10:27:17
Link | Quote | Reply

There are pretty much only two types of allegations against Trump:

1. He said or did something and everyone knows it.
2. Someone said he said or did something, nobody can prove it, but the media presents it as if it is 100% true anyway.

Smells like a big week for #2. The media is pushing #2 out with great force. They're spewing #2 from their mouths. Their viewers eat #2 with great delight, and share #2 with their friends.
[+]
By Viciouss 2018-01-13 10:27:25
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
How many posts can Vic go without bashing Trump my bet is 0.

Pay up!
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-01-13 10:28:04
Link | Quote | Reply

How many posts can Vic go without bashing Trump or Aman or Nausi my bet is 0.

Fixed.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-01-13 10:30:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I think Stormy Daniels should run against Trump in 2020.
By maldini 2018-01-13 10:43:29
Link | Quote | Reply

https://schiffgold.com/key-gold-news/pakistan-dumps-dollar-trade-china/
Quote:
The United States uses the dollar as a weapon to keep other countries in line, but it’s becoming a less and less effective strategy as other nations find ways to minimize their dependence on the greenback.
Pakistan serves as the latest example. Just one day after Pres. Trump blasted the country on Twitter, Pakistan’s central bank announced it was abandoning the dollar and replacing it with the yuan for bilateral trade with China. This is yet another sign of global de-dollarization.
Peter Schiff talked about this global shift away from the dollar during a recent interview on The Street after the Chinese took another step toward launching yuan-based oil contracts.
I think China has been positioning itself for ultimately when the dollar is no longer the reserve currency, and that process is ongoing and it will continue. And it’s not just China. I think a lot of the world is trying to move away from the dollar. One reason being we’ve weaponized the dollar. I mean, the United States takes advantage of the dollar’s role to sanction countries that do things that it doesn’t like, and I think a lot of countries would like to take that power away from the United States.”
Trump put pressure on Pakistan with his tweet criticizing the country’s anti-terrorism record. But the US simply doesn’t have the leverage it once did. Pakistan can turn to the Chinese, who have been making a concerted effort to cozy up to the South Asian nation. As CNBC pointed out, China has invested heavily in Pakistan. Islamabad is home to one of Beijing’s central infrastructure schemes, a collection of land and sea projects known as the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor with a price tag of nearly $60 billion.
Economist Intelligence Unit Asia regional director Simpon Baptist told CNBC China’s involvement has made Pakistan less dependent on the US.
China has really gone hard in cementing its existing relationship with Pakistan, it’s really the only place that’s seen significant investment under the Belt and Road initiative and China has been pushing for geopolitical advantage there.”
All of this takes place in a broader context. China has pushed hard, along with Russia, to dethrone the dollar. Gold is a big part of the plan, with gold-backed, yuan-based oil contracts making up just one piece of the puzzle. More broadly, Russia and China are reportedly moving closer to developing a gold-based trading system. On a visit to China last year, the deputy head of the Russian Central Bank Sergey Shvetsov told TASS that the two countries want to facilitate more transactions in gold.
“We discussed the question of trade in gold. BRICS countries are large economies with large reserves of gold and an impressive volume of production and consumption of this precious metal. In China, the gold trade is conducted in Shanghai, in Russia it is in Moscow. Our idea is to create a link between the two cities in order to increase trade between the two markets.”
This drastically decreases the power and influence of the US. This was demonstrated last fall when the US threatened to lock China out of the dollar system if it doesn’t follow UN sanctions on North Korea. Treasury Secretary Mnuchin was talking about blocking Chinese access to SWIFT – Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication. The system enables financial institutions to send and receive information about financial transactions in a secure, standardized environment. Since the dollar is the world reserve currency, SWIFT facilitates the international dollar system.
The US has used SWIFT as a stick before. In 2014 and 2015, it blocked several Russian banks from the system as relations between the two countries deteriorated. But with China, Russia and other countries working toward freeing themselves from reliance on the international-dollar system, and developing viable alternatives, these threats become increasingly empty.
Pakistan’s move to dump the dollar and simply trade directly with China in yuan is another small step toward de-dollarization.
As Peter pointed out in his interview, the decline of the dollar will ultimately mean big changes for the US and global economies. He said he thinks a lot of the economic instability in the world can be traced to the dollar’s role as the reserve currency. It creates malinvestments and misallocation of resources because the US consumes too much, borrows too much, produces too little, and saves too little.
I think ultimately, when the dollar loses that privilege and Americans have to produce to consume and have to save to borrow, that will do a lot to address a lot of these global economic imbalances and deflate a lot of the bubbles that central banks have been inflating.”
By clearlyamule 2018-01-13 12:58:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I think "Stormy" Waters should run against Trump in 2020.
ftfy
By clearlyamule 2018-01-13 12:59:55
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By fonewear 2018-01-13 13:02:27
Link | Quote | Reply

maldini said: »
https://schiffgold.com/key-gold-news/pakistan-dumps-dollar-trade-china/
Quote:
The United States uses the dollar as a weapon to keep other countries in line, but it’s becoming a less and less effective strategy as other nations find ways to minimize their dependence on the greenback.
Pakistan serves as the latest example. Just one day after Pres. Trump blasted the country on Twitter, Pakistan’s central bank announced it was abandoning the dollar and replacing it with the yuan for bilateral trade with China. This is yet another sign of global de-dollarization.
Peter Schiff talked about this global shift away from the dollar during a recent interview on The Street after the Chinese took another step toward launching yuan-based oil contracts.
I think China has been positioning itself for ultimately when the dollar is no longer the reserve currency, and that process is ongoing and it will continue. And it’s not just China. I think a lot of the world is trying to move away from the dollar. One reason being we’ve weaponized the dollar. I mean, the United States takes advantage of the dollar’s role to sanction countries that do things that it doesn’t like, and I think a lot of countries would like to take that power away from the United States.”
Trump put pressure on Pakistan with his tweet criticizing the country’s anti-terrorism record. But the US simply doesn’t have the leverage it once did. Pakistan can turn to the Chinese, who have been making a concerted effort to cozy up to the South Asian nation. As CNBC pointed out, China has invested heavily in Pakistan. Islamabad is home to one of Beijing’s central infrastructure schemes, a collection of land and sea projects known as the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor with a price tag of nearly $60 billion.
Economist Intelligence Unit Asia regional director Simpon Baptist told CNBC China’s involvement has made Pakistan less dependent on the US.
China has really gone hard in cementing its existing relationship with Pakistan, it’s really the only place that’s seen significant investment under the Belt and Road initiative and China has been pushing for geopolitical advantage there.”
All of this takes place in a broader context. China has pushed hard, along with Russia, to dethrone the dollar. Gold is a big part of the plan, with gold-backed, yuan-based oil contracts making up just one piece of the puzzle. More broadly, Russia and China are reportedly moving closer to developing a gold-based trading system. On a visit to China last year, the deputy head of the Russian Central Bank Sergey Shvetsov told TASS that the two countries want to facilitate more transactions in gold.
“We discussed the question of trade in gold. BRICS countries are large economies with large reserves of gold and an impressive volume of production and consumption of this precious metal. In China, the gold trade is conducted in Shanghai, in Russia it is in Moscow. Our idea is to create a link between the two cities in order to increase trade between the two markets.”
This drastically decreases the power and influence of the US. This was demonstrated last fall when the US threatened to lock China out of the dollar system if it doesn’t follow UN sanctions on North Korea. Treasury Secretary Mnuchin was talking about blocking Chinese access to SWIFT – Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication. The system enables financial institutions to send and receive information about financial transactions in a secure, standardized environment. Since the dollar is the world reserve currency, SWIFT facilitates the international dollar system.
The US has used SWIFT as a stick before. In 2014 and 2015, it blocked several Russian banks from the system as relations between the two countries deteriorated. But with China, Russia and other countries working toward freeing themselves from reliance on the international-dollar system, and developing viable alternatives, these threats become increasingly empty.
Pakistan’s move to dump the dollar and simply trade directly with China in yuan is another small step toward de-dollarization.
As Peter pointed out in his interview, the decline of the dollar will ultimately mean big changes for the US and global economies. He said he thinks a lot of the economic instability in the world can be traced to the dollar’s role as the reserve currency. It creates malinvestments and misallocation of resources because the US consumes too much, borrows too much, produces too little, and saves too little.
I think ultimately, when the dollar loses that privilege and Americans have to produce to consume and have to save to borrow, that will do a lot to address a lot of these global economic imbalances and deflate a lot of the bubbles that central banks have been inflating.”
YouTube Video Placeholder
By fonewear 2018-01-13 13:04:07
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXI: Heaven's Gate the final reckoning !

Post deleted by User.
By clearlyamule 2018-01-13 13:12:20
Link | Quote | Reply

OH ***son never noticed that before but 2:55 Stormy coining MAGA back in *** 2005.

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2018-01-13 13:32:34
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »
OH ***son never noticed that before but 2:55 Stormy coining MAGA back in *** 2005.
And a bit before that, he brings up a valid point about illegal immigration. Without it, the agriculture industry, a primary employer of illegals and a big chunk of the U.S economy, suffers. When farmers can't bring in their entire harvest, what's left in the fields sits and rots and can't be sold unless it's used for fertilizer, and to make sure they have enough hands to bring everything in, they hire illegals because they're willing to do the labor for next to nothing.

Won't someone please think of the illegals ! They aren't Americans but hell with the citizens. Let's cater to illegals.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-01-13 13:35:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll send all the illegal immigrants to Candlejack so they can toil at your farm.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-01-13 14:50:03
Link | Quote | Reply

And a bit before that, he brings up a valid point about illegal immigration. Without it, the agriculture industry, a primary employer of illegals and a big chunk of the U.S economy, suffers. When farmers can't bring in their entire harvest, what's left in the fields sits and rots and can't be sold unless it's used for fertilizer, and to make sure they have enough hands to bring everything in, they hire illegals because they're willing to do the labor for next to nothing.
Things got so bad laborwise here in the other washington that apple farmers were offering $11 - 12 / hour (usually its by the ammount you pick so this is BIG), providing transportation from and back to the cities, housing, meals. They still couldn't gat enough workers.
By clearlyamule 2018-01-13 15:22:17
Link | Quote | Reply

*** $11-12 an hour pretty decent money in large parts of Washington especially if providing housing and meals. I'd do that to just pick some apples
By fonewear 2018-01-13 15:36:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Things got so bad laborwise here in the other washington that apple farmers were offering $11 - 12 / hour (usually its by the ammount you pick so this is BIG), providing transportation from and back to the cities, housing, meals. They still couldn't gat enough workers.

I rather people that are citizens of the country have that job than an illegal.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-01-13 15:37:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone wants to help someone till it takes your job or raises your taxes.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2018-01-13 15:43:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't want to help anyone
By fonewear 2018-01-13 15:44:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't want to help anyone

Well unless you get money without paying taxes you are helping other people.
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20 ... 55 56 57