Ambuscade Volume 1-December 2017
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Sylph.Dravidian
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2017-12-16 16:02:18
Link | Quote | Reply

barspells may have some impact on adds spawning but definitely do not 100% prevent adds from spawning.
[+]
By Afania 2017-12-16 21:42:32
Link | Quote | Reply

So we did a couple more VD runs today with the following setup:

PLD, BRD/WHM, Idris GEO/RDM, COR/WHM (returning player so roll only), RUN/SAM (DD), WHM

Buffs: fury/frailty, crooked chaos/sam and dia4, HM/march/madrigal x2. Scherzo is not necessary so DD songs only.

1) We didnt really bother with barspell rotation and it seems unnecessary. If Urchin pops we just kill them since they die in 2 ws, but it seems much safer to kill them instead of sleep them and risk our life if they wake up.

2) WHM stand in range to esuna remove things. If housekeeper comes whm runs toward it to prevent pt gets hit. Itll just hit whm instead. BRD would help with parana if whm gets para.

3) I was on RUN, used /SAM instead of /DRK because I find last resort kinda dangerous here. I died once /DRK when I got hit with HP down, but since I changed SJ to SAM there were zero death in all of the VD runs. I also popped battuta when I pull hate or below 50% for better surviability.

Any DD job works, I just choose RUN because I want to play it today. Also didn't bother with multi step SC.

Most of the VD run ends in 5.5 min including 2 min buff time. It should be much faster with a good DD cor instead of roll only cor. Not as fast as SMN, but I dont think its so bad for those only play melee jobs.
[+]
 Valefor.Pixxie
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Pixxie 2017-12-17 02:52:36
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the hardest difficulty 2 Blus can duo?
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-12-17 04:27:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Pixxie said: »

VE lol.
 Cerberus.Boogs
Server: Cerberus
user: rs1n
By Cerberus.Boogs 2017-12-17 08:01:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Valefor.Pixxie said: »

VE lol.

If you do not have a real healer you will simply die to the Housekeeper's "Earthshaker?" move on anything but VE (which does not spawn the Housekeeper).
By tyalangan 2017-12-17 09:05:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Boogs said: »

If you do not have a real healer you will simply die to the Housekeeper's "Earthshaker?" move on anything but VE (which does not spawn the Housekeeper).

Saw a DRG solo E. He used Super Jump as the Housemaker readied Earthshaker which caused it to be interrupted and never went off.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-12-17 11:38:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Every job can solo this. Just come time mage (TMG) and use float. Causes the move to miss every time.
By tyalangan 2017-12-17 15:21:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I was replying to you saying you will die to anything but VE, when obviously that's not the case. I have duo'd E with Trust healers multiple times.
 Cerberus.Boogs
By Cerberus.Boogs 2017-12-17 16:23:00
Link | Quote | Reply

tyalangan said: »
I was replying to you saying you will die to anything but VE, when obviously that's not the case. I have duo'd E with Trust healers multiple times.

How do you manage to escape the damage from the housekeeper?
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2017-12-17 16:54:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't done it, but you could choose a trust healer that is programmed to stay at a distance, and no other trusts that does the same thing.

The healer would then naturally only take 1000 damage per Earthshaker.
 Cerberus.Boogs
By Cerberus.Boogs 2017-12-17 17:11:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
I haven't done it, but you could choose a trust healer that is programmed to stay at a distance, and no other trusts that does the same thing.

The healer would then naturally only take 1000 damage per Earthshaker.

They don't always stay put even when they are programmed to stay at a distance. Apururu for example sometimes moves around. Moreover, for someone like Apururu, would their distance be sufficient? Sure they stand away, but if the HK's range is greater than their distance, you could still end up dieing.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2017-12-17 17:13:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Earthshaker's range is pretty small; it's possibly as small as 5 from the target, and definitely no larger than 10. The likes of Apururu and Yoran stay further than that.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
Server: Fenrir
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-12-17 18:23:32
Link | Quote | Reply

The housekeeper will always come after a player so no need to worry about the trust, just get your own butt out of the way, lol.
By Bongarippa 2017-12-17 18:30:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Tarowyn said: »
The housekeeper will always come after a player so no need to worry about the trust, just get your own butt out of the way, lol.

Think it was already said earlier in this thread, but it seems it comes after whoever is casting the barspells.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
Server: Fenrir
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-12-17 18:32:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bongarippa said: »
Fenrir.Tarowyn said: »

Think it was already said earlier in this thread, but it seems it comes after whoever is casting the barspells.

We're talking about solo though in which case probably noone is casting barspells. In that case it will just come after the player.
 Cerberus.Boogs
By Cerberus.Boogs 2017-12-17 18:50:59
Link | Quote | Reply

It seems like all the ambuscade strats are based mostly on melees. Do people still try to do mana burns (e.g. BLU self skillchain w/ 4 nukers)?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-12-17 19:05:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Boogs said: »
It seems like all the ambuscade strats are based mostly on melees. Do people still try to do mana burns (e.g. BLU self skillchain w/ 4 nukers)?

They had mage strats initially, just like the PUP based strats and so forth.

What tends to happen is the initial win is on Pet jobs, BLMs or RNGs, but then they discover the actual mechanics of the fight and secondary strats come out that enable a much wider population to participate.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-12-18 00:18:45
Link | Quote | Reply

This month is just as bad as the frog for pick up melee lol.

Just miserable.

Whms not running from the party
Melee FOLLOWING the whms that do run.
Joining without KI
Joining without HP for KI
"no enfeebling set" for silence
Not smart enough to turn when tank is bad (bad tank in general)

It gets worse every month.

Already got 50k marks on every account with scummoner burns but god damn failed more than half the melee attempts, why bother.
 Valefor.Araiko
Server: Valefor
user: Araiko
By Valefor.Araiko 2017-12-18 02:23:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
This month is just as bad as the frog for pick up melee lol.

Just miserable.

Whms not running from the party
Melee FOLLOWING the whms that do run.
Joining without KI
Joining without HP for KI
"no enfeebling set" for silence
Not smart enough to turn when tank is bad (bad tank in general)

It gets worse every month.

Already got 50k marks on every account with scummoner burns but god damn failed more than half the melee attempts, why bother.

You could help me and my husband get 14k marks to get a +1 set >.>
By geigei 2017-12-18 05:01:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Malaise, gambit, beast/drachen and flaming crush land for 8k-27k, one spiked 50k. Whats wrong?
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-12-18 05:19:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you have Bolster Frailty up?
Frailty helps both damage sources of Flaming Crush, Malaise just one.
You want both Frailty and Malaise btw.

Some more literate SMN will explain better but as far as I remember Flaming Crush is a hybrid multi-hit Blood pacts. The first part is physical, the latter is magical.
The magical damage part is calculated mostly in a derivative way.
That is, the higher the physical part will spike, the higher the magical part will be as a consequence.

You need to bolster both Frailty and Malaise.
If you're not bolstering, I would pick Frailty as the bubble to BoG/EA.
 Asura.Neufko
user: siskotaru
By Asura.Neufko 2017-12-18 05:31:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Also you want your avatar to be behind the mob in order to avoid counter
By geigei 2017-12-18 05:33:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bolster not used derp.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-12-18 06:22:48
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »
Bolster not used derp.
We did win one run without Bolster and frankly we didn't even notice until the GEO told us.
I think (not 100% sure) he was using Indi-Malaise, BoG/EA Geo-Frailty, entrust indi-languor.
COR buffs were uhm... Beast and Drachen rolls I think.
Food was Akamochi for all of the Three SMNs.
Gambit, Rayke and Odyllic Subterfuge were up.
The GEO was using Dia2 on the main NM.
Everybody had Barblizzard up before pull.

SMNs of course used Astral Flow before pull, gives a lot of stats (and in return more damage) to your avatar.
Also make sure to use Ifrit's warcry before pull, gives like ~10% att bonus to your avatar as well.

Don't bother with Apogee pre-AC, fight is too short. Just spam FC right after AC.
Keep in mind if your avatar is facing the main NM, there's a chance he's gonna guard some of the FC hits.
This wasn't an issue for my runs so we didn't bother, but just saying.

I guess some of these small things are irrelevant when you go with three competent SMNs, but when you have only 2 you need to stretch every bit of damage out of those 30 seconds.
Make the fight last too long past those 30 seconds and it's a wipe.
[+]
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-12-18 11:03:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Barspell is definitely what puts you on a secondary hate list for the Homekeeper mechanic. WHMs shouldn't cast any barspells, so they don't have to worry about getting targeted. Put the person who's doing the least on barspell/look out/run duty.

(Don't even need to do the barspell rotation, just have a BRD or COR do one bar at start, that's enough to be locked in targeted 100%).
By pchan 2017-12-18 11:04:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Isn't puppet roll better than drachen ? And is it doable with 2 SMN without mythic ?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-12-18 11:08:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Puppet Roll/beast roll

Nirvana isn't needed this month, Grio/Espiritus work fine Crush gets alot of power from the MAB

Frailty Malaise entrust torpor

2 talented smns (lol) can pull it off. 3 is better

*edited
By shubb1282 2017-12-18 11:23:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought SMN's were using Flaming Crush for this month? If so then Flaming Crush is probably the BP with the biggest benefit from having a Nirvana unless I missed something that changed that. Sorry usual lurker here so I could be wrong.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-12-18 11:52:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I was a bit surprised by that as well :o
Eiryl is confused or posted too fast, I dunno.

pchan said: »
Isn't puppet roll better than drachen ? And is it doable with 2 SMN without mythic ?
Drachen does nothing if your pets are at capped accuracy (~1450 for VD, Papesse said iir?).
If they are of course Puppet Roll is gonna be better.
If you're not at capped acc then Drachen should provide more damage I think.

There's also controversy into entrusting torpor vs languor, I dunno, tried both, neither seem to make a particularly big difference with the people I was with...
 Asura.Inuyushi
user: Inuyushi
By Asura.Inuyushi 2017-12-18 12:01:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
There's also controversy into entrusting torpor vs languor, I dunno, tried both, neither seem to make a particularly big difference with the people I was with...

I feel you on that one. I've been yelled at both ways for not using the correct entrust spell. Like that was the whole reason we lost type of yelling. Quite the pain.

I've been in a group where we used Drachen/Puppets as that catered to our groups needs. It's sort of just whatever works best depending upon your gear. Papesse said 1420~ to cap accuracy in VD.
[+]