First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2017-11-12 13:01:40
Link | Quote | Reply

hobo said: »
kishr said: »
strange no one posted one of the non smn zerg methods yet.

geo - languor/focus for silence, then frail/fury for WS

Hasn't half the posts been this strategy? also from front page

Asura.Eiryl said: »
V1 this time is Immune to Geomancy, just like it was last time

soo that languor and frailty .....

Just want Fury and Mewing. Dia III + Light Shot + Fury + Chaos is sufficient to get high numbers on a stacked Rudras.

To be fair you don't need to use THF's and DNC's, any set of jobs that can form a multi-step will work, Rudras just happens to be a very powerful SC closer.
 Phoenix.Thorbean
Server: Phoenix
user: Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2017-11-12 13:03:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Yandaime said: »
I can understand doing it for a seal or for a practical reason or end of month or something but there are people who routinely do it at the start of every month, for hours, when the rush is highest. There's really no getting around it, it's rude to do that to other people. Or is it more of a "*** Everyone Else" kinda thing?

Last post on the matter for me, I don't want to start a full derail. I said my peace but I'm not the only one that has this opinion.

Maybe do something else if ambuscade is congested, and go back when it's a bit more quiet. Not like there's any rush, it's here for 4-5 weeks. A group of individuals don't have any more rights than a single individual. Could try inviting the people who are soloing. If everyone in your group makes their own party and grabs the solo farmers, problem solved.
Ps. It's not uncommon for trusts to provide better support than some PUGs so there's also that to consider. Live and let live I say.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-11-12 13:13:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm still positive SE should lock it to parties of 3+ members. There is absolutely zero reason to solo Ambu when you can just 2 other soloers and do it together with a trust healer / red mage / tank.
[+]
 Odin.Geriond
Server: Odin
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-11-12 13:19:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Being able to solo a single time for the weekly seals is nice, though.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-11-12 13:25:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I wouldn't mind if people were just doing that, going in on VE for a quick seal and then joining groups later. Right now there is always a bunch of people who chronically solo VE/E and because the rewards are so ***they take forever to get to their goal and just soak up that much more time from everyone else.
 Phoenix.Thorbean
user: Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2017-11-12 14:23:10
Link | Quote | Reply

If there is a problem bothering you, become part of the solution.
Invite them, increase their rewards, make queue move faster, everyone benefits. If they refuse, then fair enough, complaints are valid. Otherwise, not much you can do. If they are just left to flounder all the time, everyone suffers.
[+]
 Sylph.Wardeniv
Server: Sylph
user: Wardeniii
By Sylph.Wardeniv 2017-11-12 15:06:04
Link | Quote | Reply

We were doing VD Intense Erinys style, with 0-1 SMN's to mew or 1-2 people /SMN to mew. Safe, consistent kills in ~4-5 minutes. General setup for runs was RUN, DNC, COR, Healer, Support/SMN or another DD, Support/SMN.

If it hasn't been said already, tanks should immediately run/kite after it casts Kaustra, as this always gives the frog 3000 TP, and it will immediately hammer after Kaustra finishes.

After finishing a few rounds, we went back in and tried trio'ing VD Intense with RUN, SMN, COR, Ygnas, Koru, and Apururu. SMN was using conduit after chainspell went off, but it was completely unnecessary. Otherwise, we just kept up a consistent number of mews to make sure it never TP's, and were killing it in 6 minutes. The COR was just rolling.

The frog hits an ergon RUN for 0, so the only TP it generates is from Occult Acumen, and makes it pretty simple.
 Phoenix.Rikimarueye
By Phoenix.Rikimarueye 2017-11-12 16:04:10
Link | Quote | Reply

So happy ppl are finding ways to cheese this month with the immunity to gravity :> Makes my heart flutter.
By Afania 2017-11-12 16:06:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
I'm still positive SE should lock it to parties of 3+ members. There is absolutely zero reason to solo Ambu when you can just 2 other soloers and do it together with a trust healer / red mage / tank.

I would rather farm delve if I need 3 people for one seal, lol. I mainly do ambu for gil, at that point other gil farming method become more efficient if I need 2 bodies for one seal and 5 well coordinated top tier player for VD pt to pop these seals.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-11-12 16:54:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Rikimarueye said: »
So happy ppl are finding ways to cheese this month with the immunity to gravity :> Makes my heart flutter.

Now that it cant be killed in 60 seconds with gravity melee. It's killed in 30 seconds with conduit.

Great job making it harder square.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2017-11-12 17:57:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Have you read any of this thread for other strategies or did you just read the word summoner and immediately stop paying attention? The strategy I posted on literally page 1 incorporates zero main SMNs and the entire fight lasts a whole 3 minutes. PLD can easily replace the RUN in that setup.

Gather available information and then make your judgment. Don't reverse the two.
[+]
By Afania 2017-11-12 18:00:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
kishr said: »
strange no one posted one of the non smn zerg methods yet.

tank - pld run (hold mob in middle

geo - languor/focus for silence, then frail/fury for WS

rdm - silence/backup heals for tank

smn - mewing after ws and between waiting tp from regain
(for mewing stay distance 20' send cat to fight,
hit mewing before it attacks then release cat fast.
stay out of aoe to avoid giving tp from -ga magic)

cor - tactitians(regain) chaos(atk) + leaden salute WS

thf - rudra only dont dps

leaden to rudra is darkness
rdm+geo MB helps

Now take this and improve by removing the SMN entirely.

PLD / RUN tank
RDM/SMN
GEO/SMN
THF/SAM
THF/SAM
COR/SAM

Leaden -> SA Rudras -> TA Rudras with Inundation up

First volley brings it to 52~65% depending on the THF's, enough to cause chainspell to activate. The GEO switch's to Indi-Focus while the tank kites it and the RDM silences it. Once that happens you start with the SC again, twice more and it's dead. The GEO is doing mewing while they charge TP and the RDM does it after the SC goes off.

Cor honestly doesnt need to /sam to keep up with qd stp set. Since ws goes off first it should almost always get 1000 before thf.

If you only need 2 people /smn, Cor/smn + rdm/smn is probably better since it frees up a bubble slot for geo to use bubbles like indi dex/geo fury. Or cor/smn + geo/smn and have rdm sub blm for ES if landing silence is an issue.

Also wanting to add tank should /dnc for box step.

Im considering replacing rdm with 2nd cor tbh. Thf can steal frogs chainspell so silence can be skipped, or have geo silence instead. Adding extra cor gets SC bonus + sam roll which is kinda nice.
By Afania 2017-11-12 18:25:46
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
This month is ***compared to the last 3 months IMO. Terrible gimmick junk and cutting out jobs that aren't very popular (DRK PLD) and benefiting the most broken job in the game is stupid. At least BLU is not wanted for one month, ever.

This is actually one of the easier month. As long as mewing goes off correctly and tank runs away from CS theres nearly 0 chance to wipe. Even if your pt isnt top end it just take a couple more sc to kill, v.s other month a mediocre DD pt will have to settle for lower diffuculty because not enough dps=wipe.

Many vol1 VD requires well geared support such as rema brd, idris and high end DD to farm efficiently otherwise its wipe, so everytime I dont have a brd I cant go. Thats not the case for this month since its not as support job heavy. If someone without high end job wants to join I can make him cor, in other months VD there are usually no room for a roll only cor.

Even 1 year ago before people discover gravity on this NM, I was able to pull 3-4 people without much endgame experience from my casual/social ls and still get vd win. I normally cant do that in other months.

August 2017 ambu was way worse than this month, lol.
 Phoenix.Rikimarueye
By Phoenix.Rikimarueye 2017-11-12 21:14:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I can confirm that this can be done with: 2x COR/SMN, DNC, PLD, non-ghorn BRD and a SCH making gravitation. The 2 CORs do Chaos, Allies', Miser's, and TP roll. The BRD does ATT, ATT, HM!

Happy hunting yall :D
[+]
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Asura.Carrotchan 2017-11-12 21:35:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Spicy only has DRG this month so he forces me to do this

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Shiva.Spynx
Server: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2017-11-12 23:28:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
Have you read any of this thread for other strategies or did you just read the word summoner and immediately stop paying attention? The strategy I posted on literally page 1 incorporates zero main SMNs and the entire fight lasts a whole 3 minutes. PLD can easily replace the RUN in that setup.

Gather available information and then make your judgment. Don't reverse the two.
The problem is not that there aren't other strats available (there are tons listed in this thread), it's that everybody is now in the mood "If AC burn works, I'll just use it as it's brain-dead easy, take 30 secs and fool-proof". I have yet to see a single shout on Shiva or party in my LS/friends not asking for a 4SMN RUN COR setup.

Not willing to re-open the pandora's box that was the other thread, just pointing out a fact.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2017-11-12 23:56:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Spynx said: »

The problem is not that there aren't other strats available (there are tons listed in this thread), it's that everybody is now in the mood "If AC burn works, I'll just use it as it's brain-dead easy, take 30 secs and fool-proof". I have yet to see a single shout on Shiva or party in my LS/friends not asking for a 4SMN RUN COR setup.

Not willing to re-open the pandora's box that was the other thread, just pointing out a fact.
Saw one earlier today asking for tank or dds so pretty sure that meant not AC zerg. That said I and it seems a lot of other people have shifted from doing ambuscade to doing jps when campaign started. Friggin 90 people in reisin during gain money this morning
By geigei 2017-11-13 00:52:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Everybody loves mighty strikes but when it comes to larceny that CS....

Also about drg dnc combo above, sc stardiver>rudra takes huge chunk of hp, won VD like that except using thf.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2017-11-13 01:31:55
Link | Quote | Reply

If you go back and actually read what I wrote, you'll see that nothing about it requires RMEA weapons. My strategy is simply faster given how well-geared our DDs are. And following what I described allowed us to never once see adds or even a single TP move because we remove the NM's TP after each burst of TP it would gain through casting or WSs. The core of the strategy remains the exact same if you're sporting Aeneas and Twashtar or Sandung and Izhiikoh. The only difference is the amount of time invested.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2017-11-13 01:51:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I do deny SMN benefiting from this month, yes. Their fastest runs come from using 1 hours, requiring resets after every run. The time they save in the fight is invalidated with the extra time needed to reset all JAs each time. Compared to other strategies, I do not think SMN is the best choice, no. And you're definitely not going to enjoy Erinys or Onychopora if you dislike this strategy.

As to my edick, it is of average size, thank you very much.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
Server: Fenrir
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-11-13 01:55:29
Link | Quote | Reply

The content doesn't REQUIRE cheesing. People are simply figuring out strategies to circumvent SE's gimmicks, in this case it's SMN's using mewing, last month was NIN's blinking en-death. The dev team will never be able to figure out every single way the playerbase can cheese stuff, lol.

My guess for the "proper" way SE intended it to be done was probably just a bunch of melees and just live with the adds. You can still do it that way and it's not really that much slower, it's just more work.

I do deny SMN benefiting from this month, yes. Their fastest runs come from using 1 hours, requiring resets after every run. The time they save in the fight is invalidated with the extra time needed to reset all JAs each time. Compared to other strategies, I do not think SMN is the best choice, no. And you're definitely not going to enjoy Erinys or Onychopora if you dislike this strategy.

As to my edick, it is of average size, thank you very much.

Actually, you don't even need 1 hr to do it quick. There's a video with RUN SAM RDM BRD SMN SMN, killing it in about 2:30min with no 1hrs and all dmg coming from the SAM. Conduit might be able to do faster, but not appreciably, lol.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
Server: Fenrir
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-11-13 02:03:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I know what you were referring to, I'm saying it's not required though. Yes it's probably the fastest way to do it, but you can do it with 0 mewing as well, it's just slower.
[+]
By Afania 2017-11-13 02:04:07
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
Just because I dislike something it doesn't mean I don't/won't use it, but I am seriously disappointed in SE's inability to make content which doesn't require cheesing.

If you are doing lower difficulty, "cheesing" isnt required either. Joined a JP pug with DD/NIN x3, whm, rdm, I forget the last job, probably geo. No mewing nor tank, just straight zerg and aoe sleep/bind then kill adds if they pop.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7