Forum » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - Discussion
Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 409 410 411
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2018-01-12 14:21:37
Link | Quote | Reply

All VW tells me is that our inventories could be bigger, but they choose to reserve them for temp items, most of which we don't use anyway even during the battles for which they exist.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-01-12 14:23:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Even with bad drop rates I love vw.

It's the closest they ever got to a perfect event.

ALL jobs were welcome. You had temps for bad whms. ALWAYS get a reward (not necessarily a great one, but a reward nonetheless).No penalty for taking more or less people. Great weapons/bodies that had shiney to keep peoples attention. Direct drops, and value drops.

aside from the waiting for random idiot to open his box, it was flawless.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-01-12 14:24:33
Link | Quote | Reply

They should add personal drop rates to Omen but that would make too much sense.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-01-12 14:33:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Personal pools should be in everything at this point.

it's just more incentive to go to said event. Dienamis does this, but it's not good enough. 1 tag out of the 2500 you need is insulting.

Imagine how omen would have been received if you had to lot random card drops.
[+]
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2018-01-12 14:45:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »

I never considered this! Ahahahaha!
By clearlyamule 2018-01-12 14:51:54
Link | Quote | Reply

About as well as the campaign that put random cards into the drop pool of some bcnms
 Sylph.Chocobro
Server: Sylph
user: Bilix
By Sylph.Chocobro 2018-01-12 15:27:42
Link | Quote | Reply

As long as things are EX. I need less events that encourage people multiboxing for bonus profits.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-01-12 15:37:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Cherrywine said: »
All VW tells me is that our inventories could be bigger, but they choose to reserve them for temp items, most of which we don't use anyway even during the battles for which they exist.

This is a real issue. Abyssea, VW, Escha, MMM, Ballista...all have 10-15 temps that fill in your inventory. I'd love the option to refuse temp items and just convert those into actual bag slots.
By fillerbunny9 2018-01-12 15:42:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Fenrir.Cherrywine said: »

This is a real issue. Abyssea, VW, Escha, MMM, Ballista...all have 10-15 temps that fill in your inventory. I'd love the option to refuse temp items and just convert those into actual bag slots.

10-15? You get 49 slots for temps in Escha alone.
By clearlyamule 2018-01-12 15:53:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Abyssea has like 50.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Justuas 2018-01-12 16:33:30
Link | Quote | Reply

kireek said: »
Draylo said: »
Wait until they revamp Abyssea.

Isn't that what escha is?
Think he meant reforged empy af +2 and +3.
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2018-01-22 19:48:01
Link | Quote | Reply

edit: oh, minor necro

ALL jobs were welcome. You had temps for bad whms. ALWAYS get a reward (not necessarily a great one, but a reward nonetheless).No penalty for taking more or less people. Great weapons/bodies that had shiney to keep peoples attention. Direct drops, and value drops.

See, it's the farthest thing from a perfect event in my mind.

Rather than addressing balance, they forced you to bring jobs that were otherwise worthless and all the reward system just filled you with trash while you hoped for the obscenely rare item.

It also, once VW became primarily a farm thing, forced you to bring true gimps to fill the roles, 99s who could barely hit Kirin, let alone Qilin.

Holding a boss for a minute while the BLU/PLD changed to the other spellset was never fun.

VW and its era were, in truth, the beginning of the decay of content. Filled with recycled content for fights noone enjoyed past the first 3 wins.

edit: But it doesn't even matter. I disposed of my character a year ago. Just bored tonight, thought I'd check on AH.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-01-22 20:19:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean obviously after it was current it wasn't as good.

At it's start, it was a blast. and for a year after, it was still legit.

It didn't force you to bring any job, but rewarded you (in theory) for bringing variety. a single war mnk and nin/blm could hit something like 80% of all procs.

The only issue I really had was dark based spells on Ig-alima or doublecats. and... too many blu spells, but if you took 2 blus, you were set. (cells sucked and stones sucked, but they've since adjusted that) oh, and relic weapons specifically mandau having en-poison blocking ability to proc poison was an issue more than it should have been!

And obviously I would've rather they /actually/ fix balance, but I'm not naive. VW was the best they could possibly do.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hotkarl
Server: Ragnarok
user: hotkarl
By Ragnarok.Hotkarl 2018-01-22 23:24:34
Link | Quote | Reply

This ^
[+]
By Afania 2018-01-23 06:31:43
Link | Quote | Reply

VW was great at that time, bit I personally liked today's FFXI a lot more.

Some of the VW fights were fun. botulus rex was pretty challenging since it requires pt coordination and temps timing. It was also one of the very few fights at that time that cor(wf) really shined as a DD.

Prov watcher + 3 BC was also great. COR(wf) was competitive as a DD in 3 BC too. Prov zerg was a great target for DD players to test their skills.

As a DPS fanatic at that time I really spammed a lot of those with PUG/friends just to compare dmg with each other. In the process I built connections with tons and tons of extremely talented players and it was great.

And that's my favorite aspect of FFXI, meet new people and build connections. I would say VW was successful in that way because it favors PUG instead of endgame linkshell.

That being said, proc system was awful. Certain jobs such as blu were forced to be the proc *** by setting proc spells. Thus not playing the job like how it should be played, nor reach it's max potential.

Although many dedicated career blu pushed offensive blu dps build in the community at that time, it really didn't change general playerbase's pov.

On top of that, most VW fights still required less pt coordination than today's ffxi. Which made majority of fight kinda boring. More so if you just bring jobs to proc.

I mean, if I am an under geared player I'd rather work on my gear and get invite to pt for important roles and play my jobs like how it should be, instead of getting invite to pt to do certain spell/JA/WS to proc. Its just not fun.

Today's ffxi welcomes all job just like VW, in a way that every job can be used by utilizing their strength. Many jobs has pretty low gear requirement that even new or returning player can contribute. IMO it's a far better way to address job balance.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-02-01 11:19:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
VW was great at that time, bit I personally liked today's FFXI a lot more.

Some of the VW fights were fun. botulus rex was pretty challenging since it requires pt coordination and temps timing. It was also one of the very few fights at that time that cor(wf) really shined as a DD.

Prov watcher + 3 BC was also great. COR(wf) was competitive as a DD in 3 BC too. Prov zerg was a great target for DD players to test their skills.

As a DPS fanatic at that time I really spammed a lot of those with PUG/friends just to compare dmg with each other. In the process I built connections with tons and tons of extremely talented players and it was great.

And that's my favorite aspect of FFXI, meet new people and build connections. I would say VW was successful in that way because it favors PUG instead of endgame linkshell.

That being said, proc system was awful. Certain jobs such as blu were forced to be the proc *** by setting proc spells. Thus not playing the job like how it should be played, nor reach it's max potential.

Although many dedicated career blu pushed offensive blu dps build in the community at that time, it really didn't change general playerbase's pov.

On top of that, most VW fights still required less pt coordination than today's ffxi. Which made majority of fight kinda boring. More so if you just bring jobs to proc.

I mean, if I am an under geared player I'd rather work on my gear and get invite to pt for important roles and play my jobs like how it should be, instead of getting invite to pt to do certain spell/JA/WS to proc. Its just not fun.

Today's ffxi welcomes all job just like VW, in a way that every job can be used by utilizing their strength. Many jobs has pretty low gear requirement that even new or returning player can contribute. IMO it's a far better way to address job balance.

Monk says hello.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-02-01 12:20:53
Link | Quote | Reply

They actually did go back to Omen and release ROEs for it (not for Ou). They introduced card farming paths. They increased the max participants allowed in the zone. They gave campaigns and they even have a pretty horrible conversion rate for cards 10:1. If SE were smart (and I'm not about to accuse them of being that), they would make a shard conversion, 3:1 sounds fair. ROE for completing objectives during specific zones that reward drops, and campaigns to improve drops and encourage more interest in the event.

This has been their trend over the past few years so its not necessarily being optimistic, but rather, just looking at how they've done things in the past and applying them here. I do accuse of them of being lazy, but they do occasionally go back and add/adjust some things qol to make it easier to manage.

All good points, but I do have issue with starting a shard conversion system. In Omen, cards drop directly to you. Shards are a pool drop in Dyna-D, and if you could exchange them, competition for those shards would be even steeper. At least now with most respectable groups, some courtesy ground rules are set for lotting (ie at least have the job at 99 and geared, at least that's the policy of groups I've run with).

If anything, the 10:1 should be lowered to 5:1 after this long on content. I know my group is only farming scales, bodies, and Ou drops nowadays, and if the exchange rate were 5:1, there'd be less whining about coming the most effective setup rather than earning cards for everyone's newest projects.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-02-01 12:33:59
Link | Quote | Reply

The conversion would literally change nothing, actually. You'd still seacom lot your main shard/void item. If someone else nobody else /seacom a particular shard/void, let the group lot it and if they happen to pile a few from repeated runs, at least they can convert it to something useful. It wouldn't increase any competition besides the free lotting of items nobody wanted anyways. Most people are doing Dynamis as a group of familiar faces and not complete strangers. I doubt any competition would increase from that change.

Again it was just an idea, you can just buy everything you need anyways. money runs this event if you prefer to skip 100% of the competition.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-02-01 12:39:27
Link | Quote | Reply

The conversion would literally change nothing, actually. You'd still seacom lot your main shard/void item. If someone else nobody else /seacom a particular shard/void, let the group lot it and if they happen to pile a few from repeated runs, at least they can convert it to something useful. It wouldn't increase any competition besides the free lotting of items nobody wanted anyways. Most people are doing Dynamis as a group of familiar faces and not complete strangers. I doubt any competition would increase from that change.

Again it was just an idea, you can just buy everything you need anyways. money runs this event if you prefer to skip 100% of the competition.

Fair point!
By fonewear 2018-02-01 13:14:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
They actually did go back to Omen and release ROEs for it (not for Ou). They introduced card farming paths. They increased the max participants allowed in the zone. They gave campaigns and they even have a pretty horrible conversion rate for cards 10:1. If SE were smart (and I'm not about to accuse them of being that), they would make a shard conversion, 3:1 sounds fair. ROE for completing objectives during specific zones that reward drops, and campaigns to improve drops and encourage more interest in the event.

This has been their trend over the past few years so its not necessarily being optimistic, but rather, just looking at how they've done things in the past and applying them here. I do accuse of them of being lazy, but they do occasionally go back and add/adjust some things qol to make it easier to manage.

All good points, but I do have issue with starting a shard conversion system. In Omen, cards drop directly to you. Shards are a pool drop in Dyna-D, and if you could exchange them, competition for those shards would be even steeper. At least now with most respectable groups, some courtesy ground rules are set for lotting (ie at least have the job at 99 and geared, at least that's the policy of groups I've run with).

If anything, the 10:1 should be lowered to 5:1 after this long on content. I know my group is only farming scales, bodies, and Ou drops nowadays, and if the exchange rate were 5:1, there'd be less whining about coming the most effective setup rather than earning cards for everyone's newest projects.

Yea sadly the only thing I need is from Ou and I've done Omen enough to be tired of it.

I have no desire to spam Omen for an eternity for the body that almost never drops.
 Lakshmi.Jutubyaa
user: KiloWatt
By Lakshmi.Jutubyaa 2018-02-01 14:04:24
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »

Yea sadly the only thing I need is from Ou and I've done Omen enough to be tired of it.

I have no desire to spam Omen for an eternity for the body that almost never drops.

Defending Ring: 2017-2018 Edition
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-02-01 14:06:01
Link | Quote | Reply

One could argue, as far as Omen bodies are concerned, that you could get a sweet DM gahlike augment body on something that would be on par/surpass what you'd get from bosses. Sure it would take forever to actually get QA+3 Acc/Att+35 STP+10 STR+15 augment on Valorous body, but at this point, dumping 200 mil into dark matters for a perfect valorous body is probably less painful than farming 200 Kin's for Dagon's. And it shouldn't be that way. The best items are 100% chance in both scenarios and a huge time (and money) sink. Super shitty.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-02-01 14:07:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally, I'd love Kin's body for my Dark Knight, but not because of the DD stats on it (my Valorous Body has a wonderful augment, and is roughly on par if you count having to swap gear to make up for the haste), but for the Resist Slow +90. On a good number of fights where slow flies everywhere, that would just be incredible.
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2018-02-02 12:58:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Sure it would take forever to actually get QA+3 Acc/Att+35 STP+10 STR+15 augment on Valorous body, but at this point, dumping 200 mil into dark matters for a perfect valorous body is probably less painful than farming 200 Kin's for Dagon's.

You're joking right? 200 mil probably won't even get you a single QA+3 augment, let alone one with all that other stuff you're looking for.

My buddy has a dark matter addiction so I'm speaking from experience here. You can expect to pay upwards of 500mil just for a single QA+3 augment. I've never even seen a QA+3 augment that resembled what you quoted, so I'm going to assume maybe one out of every 1,000 augments with QA+3 *might* be remotely close to that. 500 mil per QA+3 * 1000 augments on a good day... you're probably looking at well over 500 billion for an augment like that.
By clearlyamule 2018-02-02 13:10:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah but in the mean time you might get that amazing 15 bp damage piece you wanted for warrior
[+]
By Afania 2018-02-02 13:13:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pergatory said: »
Sure it would take forever to actually get QA+3 Acc/Att+35 STP+10 STR+15 augment on Valorous body, but at this point, dumping 200 mil into dark matters for a perfect valorous body is probably less painful than farming 200 Kin's for Dagon's.

You're joking right? 200 mil probably won't even get you a single QA+3 augment, let alone one with all that other stuff you're looking for.

My buddy has a dark matter addiction so I'm speaking from experience here. You can expect to pay upwards of 500mil just for a single QA+3 augment. I've never even seen a QA+3 augment that resembled what you quoted, so I'm going to assume maybe one out of every 1,000 augments with QA+3 *might* be remotely close to that. 500 mil per QA+3 * 1000 augments on a good day... you're probably looking at well over 500 billion for an augment like that.

It's all luck......

I have never spend any money on DM and only used free augments from campaign, I also skipped most of the Jan 2018 DM campaign because I took a break. So far I have 4 pieces of QA+3 augments herc (body/legs/hands/feet), some even comes with store TP and acc. Besides legs they are all BiS for lionheart RUN TP.

On the other hand I Have been wanting refresh +2 herc feet/hands/legs since forever but I never get one and need refresh for these slots. I can't even get refresh +1 for feet and hands, those are slots that I desperately need refresh.

I also have never see any WSD bigger than 5%, ever. And it seems like everyone and their mother all has more WSD than me from DM.

So yeah, it's DM and it's all luck.
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2018-02-02 13:18:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Given the DM Campaign and the results shared here, I think it is safe to assume dark matter for augments is a poor investment. Especially considering the gear options now available and their crashing prices.

But putting other options and cost comparisons aside... We aren't the entire FFXI population, but we're a population of decent size. Given ourselves, our friends and our mules... If even one "QA+3 Acc/Att+35 STP+10 STR+15" augment had occurred, it'd have been posted. We've gone through a handful of campaigns wherein each toon was given six free chances... Tally that expense... The time needed to farm that many dark matters... And then hit the hard wall that the desired augment has yet to materialize. Even if this was the only way to obtain competitive gear, even if there was no other way to spend our game time or gil, would this be the path to take?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-02-02 13:30:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just making argument.

Its all luck based, DM augments and Kin body drop. I'm not throwing out a blanket price of 200M and saying "You'll get those augments for that price" (very unlikely), I'm just using it as a an argument for Valor DM augment body vs Kin Body. You roll the Random Number Generator in both instances. How much would you pay for a Dagon Breastplate? How many runs has everyone collectively done of Kin Omen on your server? Thousands? How many Dagon breastplates have you ever seriously seen another person wear or know of someone who has it, let alone that same breastplate drop in Omen? Less than 10? 5? It's just as rare as seeing an augment from DM.

The point I'm making is, you might very well be better off putting your hopes into getting DM augments on a Valorous Mail that are on par/better than a Dagon, vs farming that ***for hundred of runs for a "chance" to see it, and win the lot. You have more control over at least getting something comparable with DM augments vs just wishing on a shooting star for that Dagon to drop. Both are rare as hell and you'll go crazy one way or the other, but you have more control over DM augmenting than Kin drop, to a certain extent. The augments I suggested were for argument's sake.
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2018-02-02 13:41:18
Link | Quote | Reply

My brd has qa +3 head, ta +4 legs, da +4 hands, and qa +1 feet(all chronic pieces), and all pieces have decent acc/attack with them also. DD brd ftw! My valorous/herc gear is lucky to see da +1 lol
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 409 410 411