T4 Reisenjima Strategy.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » T4 Reisenjima Strategy.
T4 Reisenjima Strategy.
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 12 13 14
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-11-22 16:27:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks everyone, I've had so many suggestions and I'll forward them on to the group. We might try a couple of different setups, to see if we can find one which is consistent in controlling it. Once we know we are safe in our method, we can focus on perfecting the DD side.
 Fenrir.Snaps
Server: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-11-22 17:11:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
My personal experiences with erinys are extremely varied... Some (most) days its the easiest fight, other days it seems to go all wrong for no reason. Keep plugging, and like was said earlier once you get the rhythm you'll have more good days than bad.

A few tips for Erinys after we had some rogue failures -

Pay attention to how many Boobries are hit with Mewing Lullaby. It's actually fairly easy to miss one or two. You need to make sure Caitsith is in the middle of them.

Try timing Mewing with WS intead of a timed rotation. We found that if we did a volley of 3-4 SA/TA Rudra and waited for Mewing before going again, we didn't have an issue. It's slower but I don't care that much about 5~10 minutes of time.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Inx
Server: Ragnarok
user: Inxmonk
By Ragnarok.Inx 2017-11-22 18:29:01
Link | Quote | Reply

We just paired a max of 3 DD's to their own mewer, with the orders that they were to stick religiously to only hitting their WS after they saw their mewer use the BP.

Sticking to the pairing/order was as strictly enforced as never meleeing. Time was never an issue.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-11-25 13:03:03
Link | Quote | Reply

A question about a video I saw for Erinys. Why would a group use sleeping potions? Is it so they can build TP using opo necklace without the use of a Tacticians roll?
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
Server: Leviathan
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-11-25 13:12:35
Link | Quote | Reply

additive value? Cor SCH and opo make faster tp gain for WS.
[+]
 Shiva.Hiep
Server: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2017-11-25 13:12:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes that's true about the opo opo necklace, but if your group could handle it, I would recommend having people rotate in and do a Lucid Wing I and II rotation.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-11-25 13:23:05
Link | Quote | Reply

We have a TP roll usually anyways, but not a SCH. Do most groups still use sleep potions or is it only used if there's no other way of getting TP?

Edit: Also, if we bring a RDM, what's the best way of going about putting on enfeebles? Should GEO help RDM to land Frazzle with bubbles in the beginning? Would RDM do Stymie Frazzle II followed by Saboteur Frazzle III? Would the BRD wait to Light Threnody and Elegy til after this? Just wondering how others land debuffs if they bring a RDM. I can see Dia III, Slow II, Paralyze II, and Blind being useful. Cheers.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-11-25 14:03:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Issue with Dia, and Bio and any damage spells is they give TP, which is the main enemy in this fight. IF you do Dia, Mewing right after hold til mewing is ready again. sucks but sometimes it is 1 thing that ruins this fight.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-11-25 14:27:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Brotherhood said: »
Issue with Dia, and Bio and any damage spells is they give TP, which is the main enemy in this fight. IF you do Dia, Mewing right after hold til mewing is ready again. sucks but sometimes it is 1 thing that ruins this fight.

Oh that sucks, we might just avoid it then. Any point in getting the rest of the enfeebles on? And if yes, what's the best way of going about it?
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-11-25 14:51:24
Link | Quote | Reply

From my own view, pld/blu pulls and keeps hate while DD do their thing and buffers healers do theirs. Very boring fight but if you get a TP move off it can be over or if you can keep everyone alive then plug away.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-11-25 15:02:37
Link | Quote | Reply

From my own view, pld/blu pulls and keeps hate while DD do their thing and buffers healers do theirs. Very boring fight but if you get a TP move off it can be over or if you can keep everyone alive then plug away.

Yeah I figured this out from our last three attempts dude. Just trying to figure out how best to use our RDM if he shows.
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2017-11-25 15:37:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Dia is only 100 TP, Rudra's gives more then that. We have our GEO cast Dia III and a COR Light Shot it, so there is no need to mewing and wait an entire round, that's just silly.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-11-25 15:47:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »

Dia is only 100 TP, Rudra's gives more then that. We have our GEO cast Dia III and a COR Light Shot it, so there is no need to mewing and wait an entire round, that's just silly.

Yeah I thought it was strange Dia III gave that much TP.
By emerle 2017-11-25 15:56:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Use SMN or don't use SMN...

End of discussion.
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-11-25 15:58:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »

Yeah, as long as your RDM is being smart about how they pick their spots (just not after a bunch WS have just been used, basically), there's no harm in them feeding a bit of TP now and then. Maybe have them use Sabo + Dia III at around 26% health, before Erinys starts to use TP more often and hope it lasts the rest of the fight.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-11-25 16:00:46
Link | Quote | Reply

So, not related per say, but Dia doesn't seem to give 100 tp. Didn't they change it recently?

It takes 20 dia (causing damage) to get enemies to ready tp moves. (under the 1000 tp threshold).
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-11-25 16:22:42
Link | Quote | Reply

emerle said: »
Use SMN or don't use SMN...

End of discussion.

Say something useful or don't say anything at all.

End of discussion.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-11-25 18:11:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
So, not related per say, but Dia doesn't seem to give 100 tp. Didn't they change it recently?

It takes 20 dia (causing damage) to get enemies to ready tp moves. (under the 1000 tp threshold).

Having 70 dAGI gets you 50% tp fed reduction. So, if testing on anything pre-ilevel that matches up perfectly.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-11-25 21:57:58
Link | Quote | Reply

The base TP granted for magic damage is 100, then multiply by Player Subtle Blow, Enemy Store TP and the funky dAGI component.
By Asura.Kuroganashi 2017-11-26 05:33:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Albumen Sucks! ><

Anybody willing to share a Strat on how to do it as a DD Burn and as an SMN Burn as well.

I Heard there is a way to do it w/o Wiping strat.

Thank you.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-11-26 06:04:48
Link | Quote | Reply

3-4 SMN that are are better than functionally HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE (which makes this strat all but impossible on Asura). RUN WHM GEO rolldropCOR. Odyllic afk profit. Bliss and dia.

Wait for first set of adds to Mijin then zerg.

Try to have all Ramuhs at a different angle, guarded Volts mean you lose.
By geigei 2017-11-26 06:09:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Albumen melee is stupid easy, 2 brd buffs, cor, geo's, 3 dd can do it but 4 easier. No wipe required, zerg from start.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-11-26 06:11:17
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »
Albumen melee is stupid easy, 2 brd buffs, cor, geo's, 3 dd can do it but 4 easier. No wipe required, zerg from start.

It's asura, nothing is easy. And he's... well he's him double down on the not-easy part...

Btw; lucia is the absolute worst Nirvana weilding SMN I've ever seen. If she is part of your SMN strat, just quit trying now. This isn't a warning of any kind, "just a wtf how can you be that bad, sorry I have to name you but holy ***."

Jimmy is equally incapable.

Parse from an albumen; to show I'm not just being an ***.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-12-01 13:26:01
Link | Quote | Reply

^While Eiryl said it's not a player warning .. isn't that what happened above?

Anyways, as some may have seen from my LS thread .. Erinys went down last week. We have Vinipata, Zerde, Albumen and Schah left til we claim our first Aeonics.

I'm thinking Vinipata next with a ranger setup. I would appreciate more detail on this fight. Also, I've found our RDM (master) & BRD have trouble landing debuffs on some T4s and I'd like to make it easier for them.

Should any jobs /pld for Holy Circle? How much accuracy do the Rangers need (an estimate before any buffs applied)? How do groups handle the adds? When do you SV, Bolster, use temps etc? Thanks for any and all feedback.
[+]
 Asura.Taberif
user: Taberif
By Asura.Taberif 2017-12-01 18:39:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kuroganashi said: »
Albumen Sucks! ><

Anybody willing to share a Strat on how to do it as a DD Burn and as an SMN Burn as well.

Thank you.
SMN:
SMN x4(Astral flow/conduit zerg after bubbles are down with voltstrike, send avatars in at different angle away from the front of the tank[albumen counters])

COR(prefight smn rolls beast/drachen, then drop pt)

BRD(Sleeps first set of adds on pop, stay 20+ until they blow up on pop)

RUN(pops odyllic on albumen at start and battuta)

GEO(Bolster Frailty/torpor/dia2 on albumen after adds are slept)
By Justuas 2017-12-01 18:44:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Taberif said: »
Asura.Kuroganashi said: »
Albumen Sucks! ><

Thank you.
SMN:
SMN x4(Astral flow/conduit zerg after bubbles are down with voltstrike, send avatars in at different angle away from the front of the tank[albumen counters])

COR(prefight smn rolls beast/drachen, then drop pt)

BRD(Sleeps first set of adds on pop, stay 20+ until they blow up on pop)

RUN(pops odyllic on albumen at start and battuta)

GEO(Bolster Frailty/torpor/dia2 on albumen after adds are slept)
Didn't everyone know this strategy already
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-12-02 22:45:52
Link | Quote | Reply

With our ranger setup I'm thinking (for Vini) Dia III, Flash, maybe Slow II for debuffs. Is it ok to fully buff the tank or do they need to limit what they get? Also, what's the minimum the brd needs to reliably sleep adds? Thanks.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-12-02 22:55:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
With our ranger setup I'm thinking (for Vini) Dia III, Flash, maybe Slow II for debuffs. Is it ok to fully buff the tank or do they need to limit what they get? Also, what's the minimum the brd needs to reliably sleep adds? Thanks.
Flash isn't a meaningful debuff, obviously the tank should use it for hate. Dia3 is a given, slow 2 may help but is hard to land reliably. It's fine to fully buff the tank with a rng setup, that triggers raksha stance(which allows full physical damage). The brd will not be able to reliably sleep adds unless troubadour or elemental seal is up, plan around starting with NT sleep and having super revitalizer/random deal/wild card in order for however many resleeps you plan to have. Ideally the run goes smooth and there's no need, but if you're wiping make sure to wake up the adds and get a DoT on vini. You can easily sac it while waiting out weakness and get a fresh sleep on all living adds when you repull.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-12-03 00:10:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Would Banish III count as a dispellable debuff?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-12-03 10:26:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure why you're worried about debuffs? Stacking debuffs will make it use Yaksha Stance, which comes with a 50% PDT penalty. I haven't done it with RNGs personally, but I would assume you want to keep it in Raksha Stance to do full damage.

To change it to raksha stance, you just need to keep at least 4 buffs on your tank for a short period. To keep it there, minimize debuffs used.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 12 13 14