Adding Master Trial Weapons To Profiles
 Shiva.Paulu
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2017-09-09 16:57:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Anything earned with SMN should only be worth 1 point.
Finding the fire weather to unlock the job cancels this out.
[+]
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2017-09-09 17:27:46
Link | Quote | Reply

*** truth lol i started the smn job quest to get easy access to hp's but then fire weather became a thing
 Asura.Avallon
Server: Asura
By Asura.Avallon 2017-09-09 18:08:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Rooks said: »
Asura.Avallon said: »
Ragnarok.Camlann said: »
Why the (119)? Thought they were level 1?

This is a great question. The thought process behind this was assuming that each REMA has an associated ilevel with it (whether through Trials or by finished product at max level). Even though the MT weapons are level 1, it seems that somehow adding them to player profiles would require an ilevel designation due to how the the Admins here designed the code.

Nah. That got bolted on later after there were multiple levels to weapons, to differentiate.

Anyway, this isn't a bad idea. I'll have to think up a point value for them, but seeing as I've not done the master trials, I have no idea how hard they actually are.

Master Trials are the hardest content in the game within the context of its requirements. 6 people, not just "Master" but really master at their respective jobs, are essential. But then you take into consideration the overall chemistry and dynamic of that group functioning together for a full hour (or less).

There are so many factors to consider, but failing over and over (even with top gear and a solid strategy) is common. Wipes are not recoverable (at least from an inexperienced group) and each attempt can be very stressful and frustrating.

Aside from some of the inappropriate and irrelevant comments that have been posted in this thread, each of the 3 Master Trials do 'require' certain strategies and set-ups for maximum chances to win. SMN and BLM are extremely important for Sealed Fate, DD's who are skilled, versatile (and can wield clubs) are vital for Unafraid of the Dark, and RNG's, SMN's (and I'm sure other job combinations by now) can beat Black and White.

Those who have a lot of practice with each Master Trial might find it easy to suggest the difficulty isn't a big deal anymore, but in my opinion that skews an accurate assessment for players who have yet to win or are considering participating in attempting them for the first time.

It's not my place to say that they should be worth more or less than any other REMA but I do believe the point values should be commensurate with the intense difficulty in beating them all.
 Cerberus.Jiko
Server: Cerberus
user: Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2017-09-09 18:20:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Not a fan of Avalon, but given the difficulty, the idea is a good one. Kudos to you, sir.

I'm really shocked at the number of people concerned about the points though... I mean, really? By now you should know:

[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-09-09 19:17:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's an idea;

Master Weapons should be the first item in Ah history that gives a negative score.

If you're dumb enough to waste your time to obtain one, and think anyone is proud of you, your score should drop by 100,000 per item.

I think that's reasonable. Considering all the information, -100,000 seems like a legit score.

While we're at it, 1 point per gil you have, cause gil is super duper hard to make. And the literal only item that shows how good your character is.
[+]
By anik 2017-09-09 19:21:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Here's an idea;

Master Weapons should be the first item in Ah history that gives a negative score.

If you're dumb enough to waste your time to obtain one, and think anyone is proud of you, your score should drop by 100,000 per item.

I think that's reasonable. Considering all the information, -100,000 seems like a legit score.
Your Avatar screams early spring dewy meadows mixed with a hint of vinegar.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-09-09 21:10:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Master Trials are the hardest content in the game within the context of its requirements. 6 people, not just "Master" but really master at their respective jobs, are essential. But then you take into consideration the overall chemistry and dynamic of that group functioning together for a full hour (or less).

It's able to be done by two people multi-boxing mules using React and various other auto-magic tools out there.

The reason it's not common isn't because it's some sort of super hard content, it's that the rewards are useless and not worth the time unless someone has accomplished every single other goal they want. I know of several people who've beaten them and who aren't exactly great players.

And yes this is a rather transparent request.
[+]
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
Server: Leviathan
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-09-09 21:44:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Make them 15k points.
Make them 30k points.
Make them 50k points.
Make them 1 point.
Make them with green eggs and ham.
[+]
By ocean 2017-09-09 22:59:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
The vast majority of you and your linkshell's gear was funded by what's barely more than an exploit

We were the first NA group to clear aeonics on Asura and I believe first group to offer aeonic clears on any server. Both the demand & price pre smn was double. The vast majority of our gear wasn't funded by smn burns, however it does continue fund our members well.
By ocean 2017-09-09 22:59:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
If we're adding points for these then add points for the +1 Adoulin rings. The amount of effort required to get those easily exceeds MT fights, which coincidentally are being sold by the poster of this thread.

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/50504/soiree-wts-aeonic-clears-omen-mercs-telos

Quote:
Master Trials
Fermion Sword - 250m
Irradiance Blade - 400m

Making those worth a lot of points sure would drive business in their direction.

More MT business is very gouda
By ocean 2017-09-09 23:08:59
Link | Quote | Reply

MT weapons should be worth 2,000,002
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-09-10 00:29:24
Link | Quote | Reply

ocean said: »
If we're adding points for these then add points for the +1 Adoulin rings. The amount of effort required to get those easily exceeds MT fights, which coincidentally are being sold by the poster of this thread.

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/50504/soiree-wts-aeonic-clears-omen-mercs-telos

Quote:
Master Trials
Fermion Sword - 250m
Irradiance Blade - 400m

Making those worth a lot of points sure would drive business in their direction.

More MT business is very gouda

And there's nothing wrong with making gil off it. It's just disingenuous to come on and be like "hey make these worth a lot of points cause their like super hard and only the bestest best players can get them" *wink wink nudge nudge* when that person is a member of a group actively making gil off said items.

The only way to make gil off them would be to do it with five people and have the sixth slot open for the buyer, therefor immediately removing it from the "super hard content only for the bestest best" category.
[+]
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2017-09-10 00:53:14
Link | Quote | Reply

What's disingenuous are several of you coming into my thread adding things that were never here in the first place. Did I say anything in my original post about mercing these Master Trial weapons? Did I say anything that draws attention to SMN's zerging end game content?

I did not. It is a thread about whether or not Master Trial weapons could potentially be added to player profiles. End of story.

Who the *** are you to make assumptions and implications about why you think I made the thread? Or that there is a hidden agenda behind my "transparent request"? Do you honestly think I would need to come up with all this about adding new weapons to AH.com if I was just wanting to advertise mercing them? We have a separate thread for that, as you posted earlier.

The only thing that matters now is Rooks knows about the idea, has posted a few thoughts on it and many players are in support of it.

There's nothing else I plan on adding to this discussion beyond that.
[+]
By geigei 2017-09-10 02:42:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry to interfere in this debate but, is there a way to refresh new aquired rema on profile that i don't know about?
 Asura.Shyara
user: faelyn
By Asura.Shyara 2017-09-10 03:40:58
Link | Quote | Reply

And here I was thinking people never cared about ffxiah points because well.. lol. 'look dad im rank wtfever on ffxiah please be proud of me' rest of the world: ffxiah?? Stop talking gibberish /slap
[+]
By Felgarr 2017-09-10 04:37:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Shyara said: »
And here I was thinking people never cared about ffxiah points because well.. lol. 'look dad im rank wtfever on ffxiah please be proud of me' rest of the world: ffxiah?? Stop talking gibberish /slap

This kind of thinking needs to stop. Modern games have leaderboards, or a way to measure progress among strangers, friends, Linkshells etc. With FFXI, we can choose what that criteria is, and for folks who choose not to participate, no one is forcing you to.
 Asura.Shyara
user: faelyn
By Asura.Shyara 2017-09-10 04:45:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Felgarr said: »
Asura.Shyara said: »

This kind of thinking needs to stop. Modern games have leaderboards, or a way to measure progress among strangers, friends, Linkshells etc. With FFXI, we can choose what that criteria is, and for folks who choose not to participate, no one is forcing you to.
Ffxi was modern 14 yrs ago, right now not so much tho
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-09-10 04:46:58
Link | Quote | Reply

What's disingenuous are several of you coming into my thread adding things that were never here in the first place. Did I say anything in my original post about mercing these Master Trial weapons? Did I say anything that draws attention to SMN's zerging end game content?

I did not. It is a thread about whether or not Master Trial weapons could potentially be added to player profiles. End of story.

Who the *** are you to make assumptions and implications about why you think I made the thread? Or that there is a hidden agenda behind my "transparent request"? Do you honestly think I would need to come up with all this about adding new weapons to AH.com if I was just wanting to advertise mercing them? We have a separate thread for that, as you posted earlier.

The only thing that matters now is Rooks knows about the idea, has posted a few thoughts on it and many players are in support of it.

There's nothing else I plan on adding to this discussion beyond that.

No one has to assume anything, it's very obvious the underhanded game at play. It's black and white. (lol!)

I sell something that has absolutely zero value.

It doesn't sell well enough.

I need it to gain more value.

I made a thread to attempt to line my pockets.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-09-10 06:13:04
Link | Quote | Reply

So much anger, wow :o
[+]
By ocean 2017-09-10 06:25:16
Link | Quote | Reply

My apologies for being a part of the derailing. I saw a $$ making/boredom staving opportunity and jumped at it.

I see nothing wrong with adding achievement points to MT weapons. Those that don't care about rank won't care either way and those that do will have a little bit more motivation to keep a dieing game alive.

Truth be told the trials were pretty tough, probably the hardest content I've done in a very long time. For those that beat it w/o af+3/omen/Su3 -I still scratch my head and wonder how.

....lastly I also agree that it sucks for server transfer players who can't get a rank.
[+]
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2017-09-10 06:48:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Lmao OP is shook as hell.
[+]
 Sylph.Reain
Server: Sylph
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2017-09-10 07:01:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Why not Escutcheons? That would show who is serious about achievement points.

Other than that the OP doesn't merc those obviously.
[+]
 Asura.Umopepisdn
By Asura.Umopepisdn 2017-09-10 07:27:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Or we could get the existing system to work before we even consider adding stuff?
[+]
By Kodaijin 2017-09-10 08:26:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Umopepisdn said: »
Or we could get the existing system to work before we even consider adding stuff?
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-09-10 08:48:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Reain said: »
Why not Escutcheons? That would show who is serious about achievement points.

Other than that the OP doesn't merc those obviously.

I agree, ***like crafting shields and the Ygnas Directive need to be "point worthy" before 1 DMG MT weapons are. Someone can just give the OP 250M gil and get a MT weapon, while it's not possible to buy your way to a crafting shield or the +1 SoA rings and both of those actually give someone a reward.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-09-10 09:34:24
Link | Quote | Reply

while it's not possible to buy your way to a crafting shield
i mean, depends how loose you want to be with it but the shields are mostly just throwing gil.. and not even a lot of it.. windower and ashita both have public autosynth plugins and even the most clueless script kiddy could repeat /lastsynth every 20 sec on their own anyway

the only stages that are legitimately bad are brass jadagnas on gold and anima on alchemy, as is
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2017-09-10 09:38:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Rooks has seen this suggestion and the thread has turned to bickering so I'm going to close it. If Rooks wants more input, he'll reopen it.
[+]