New Ideas For FFxi (be A Positive Open Mind)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » New ideas for FFxi (be a positive open mind)
New ideas for FFxi (be a positive open mind)
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-08-21 06:50:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Dynamis Aht Urhgan could easily work, plot-wise, if in some alternative timeline, the beastmen joined forces under Luzaf and successfully won and kept the Astral Candescence.
Under these circumstances, I could see Diabolos getting involved to save this piece of Vana'Diel for Altana prior to the beastmen finding Alexander and causing complete global annihilation.
[+]
By Notacka 2017-08-21 09:18:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually thought about this awhile ago but didn't really think about the story much.
 Siren.Barber
Server: Siren
user: Barber
By Siren.Barber 2017-08-21 10:36:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I would happily do the content we have now for a good while longer if they would just put in a way to synergize ergon/relic/emp bard instruments into one. Going through the process of getting 4 boosted songs just to have a dispel erase a march from one guy and a madrigal from another Is just not fun. I've been trying to play on GEO, BST, and SMN but for me BRD is where its at. Unfortunately, its just not fun with the current necessary instrument rotation.

I can't imagine it happening because being able to synergize things like ochain/aegis would make balancing content impossible but it sure would be nice.
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
Server: Phoenix
user: Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2017-08-21 12:50:47
Link | Quote | Reply

With the amount of augmented gear available, I wouldn't mind an iLv version of Succor of the Sidhe/Field Parchment NMs (who remembers that?) except that it extends to any piece of equipment that isn't already augmented by another system and isnt a one and done thing. Sures its another augment hell grind but presuming Square is chinsy on the stats it could create some powerful and unique pieces while possibly being fun. Having Vatic Byrne with Acc+ or more STR. It could be a way to breathe life into older gear.
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-08-21 13:57:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Until we have new content, new bosses, we don't need new gear. It is entirely possible to defeat everything out there with what exists.
If no new wardrobes are on the horizon, then out-dating/replacing/combining existing gear is the only guaranteed necessity, regardless of any other future choices for the game.

That said, new wardrobes aren't an expansion. Increasing FPS isn't an expansion. C'mon folks, respond to the OP or don't at all.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
Server: Bismarck
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2017-08-21 15:36:15
Link | Quote | Reply

In terms of Re-using existing assets I'd like to see

- i119 version of the Crystalline Prophecy/Moogle Kupo d'etat and Shantoto's Ascension with new grindable lvl 99 accessory augments

- Dynamis Aht Urghan as already mentioned

- Omen 2.0 being a reskin of Dynamis or Limbus

- I'm still holding on to the idea that they redo the old world dungeons (Giddeus, Palborough Mines, Gelsbha Outpost) into proper i119 dungeons. Would love a nice dungeon like that to grind whatever new gear content they want to add (preferabble to Ambushcade spam... really)

In terms of all-new content

- I want to revisit Tavnazia. Perhaps an expansion focused entirely on Tavnazia with a teleporter at blueblade fell.

-Story could be something like Aldo mounting an expedition to his old home to find a relic/[insert story trope here]; The bottom part of the city will be the open 'hub' area where people gather and talk to NPCs and get quests. The citadel itself will be the dungeon area.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
Server: Lakshmi
user: ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2017-08-21 18:19:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dekusutaa said: »
In terms of Re-using existing assets I'd like to see

- i119 version of the Crystalline Prophecy/Moogle Kupo d'etat and Shantoto's Ascension with new grindable lvl 99 accessory augments
I think this would be cool to see
[+]
By Draylo 2017-08-21 18:23:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Expansion to the far east, new jobs time mage and chemist.
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2017-08-21 19:09:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Something that brings Grauberg, Fort Karugo-Narugo, and La Vaule into present day.
Can have something about them having been sealed during the war due to the incredibly powerful enemies launched at those locations leading to them falling and subsequent sealing.
Now the seals are beginning to weaken, we need your help to push them back while we make some patchwork on the seal. Once the seal is finished or you can't hold out any longer, please use this [random exit item] to escape. Whatever you manage to obtain from those fiends you are free to keep.
[+]
By anik 2017-08-21 22:28:14
Link | Quote | Reply

AIDS for everyone.
[+]
Server: Asura
user: voiceless
By Asura.Swaggernaught 2017-08-21 22:44:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Chimerawizard said: »
Something that brings Grauberg, Fort Karugo-Narugo, and La Vaule into present day.
Can have something about them having been sealed during the war due to the incredibly powerful enemies launched at those locations leading to them falling and subsequent sealing.
Now the seals are beginning to weaken, we need your help to push them back while we make some patchwork on the seal. Once the seal is finished or you can't hold out any longer, please use this [random exit item] to escape. Whatever you manage to obtain from those fiends you are free to keep.

good idea but its another instanced :(
By Chimerawizard 2017-08-21 23:00:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Swaggernaught said: »

good idea but its another instanced :(

It 'can' have those things. I didn't bother to think up a huge story because I suck at story telling. I'd much rather them just opened up instead of instanced areas but I couldn't think about what from WotG talked about why those areas aren't in the present and I didn't want to throw out an idea that is from inception is counter to the story already in-game.
 Odin.Gibbiyibbi
Server: Odin
By Odin.Gibbiyibbi 2017-08-22 06:08:14
Link | Quote | Reply

New Lv 1 Server! GOOOOOO :D
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-08-23 15:18:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Gibbiyibbi said: »
New Lv 1 Server! GOOOOOO :D
As long as my weapons glow
By BlaTheTaru 2017-08-23 19:35:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
chemist.

What would they do? Stand there with Vile Elixirs in their bazaar? Beyond lame.
[+]
By Zululu 2017-08-23 21:47:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Expansion to the far east, new jobs time mage and chemist.

This dream disappointment is why I ultimately stopped playing. I know it will never happen. I wish they would open source the code so this game would revive.
By Draylo 2017-08-23 23:32:20
Link | Quote | Reply

BlaTheTaru said: »
chemist.

What would they do? Stand there with Vile Elixirs in their bazaar? Beyond lame.

MIX POTIONS

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2017-08-24 02:11:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Chemist with monk specific potions only!
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-08-24 06:03:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Anjisnu said: »
Chemist with monk specific potions only!

A drunken master?
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2017-08-24 08:48:50
Link | Quote | Reply

hey if getting blitzed makes mnk viable i'm down lol i tried irl drunk + ingame mnk and results were less than satisfactory
 Asura.Zart
user: zart
By Asura.Zart 2017-08-24 20:57:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I want Square enix to sell us a bundled package to play FFXI and FFXIV for one fee, I also would like them to release fantasy earth zero (best pvp game I ever played). They should really put everything through playonline viewer.

as for FFXI content:
-All the lv99 NMs from dynamis drops a Job coin directly to that players inventory to upgrade relics to 119+2 and +3, umbral marrows should also be used in the upgrading process.

-Clearing Vagary drops Job crystals directly to each player, again i think its more important that we involve vagary in the upgrade process to get empyrean armors to 119+2 and +3 otherwise newer players will have a hard time getting the gear upgraded to begin with.

*make Phoenix, Siren, Hades and Bahamut avatars for summoner.
-Phoenix consumes summoner 1hr but gives your party reraise4,
-Siren has several bard like blood pact and wards.
-Hades consumes summoner 1hr and the whole parties TP and deals aoe darkness damage based on the TP absorbed.
-Bahamut consumes the summoners 1hr and gives weakness to the summoner to giga flare.
-Give Odin and Alexander Blood pacts and wards, make Alexander a paladin like avatar and Odin a DRG/DRK like avatar.

*I think there should be a continuation of the rhapsodies of Vanadiel story line similar to how their is a bonus dungeon after you beat the game in several other final fantasy titles. I want to see Promyvion Dem, Mea, Holla and Vazhl scaled up to ilvl119 .

The story could be like,
we received a distress signal from someone mysterious however; No airships can travel to (present day) Reisenjima because of the harsh conditions surronding the continent to the far east. Cid suggests that we travel into promvyion emptyness and harnass power from the emptyness to augment and new galactic airship plan he has.

Cid and Cornelia lead the narrative of this story line where as our main female protagonists and tenzen are missing.
This storyline would also open present day Fort Karugo-Narugo, Vunkerl Inlet and Grauberg. Leading to saving vanadiel from some mega boss like wotg and rhapsodys final boss simultaneously we shatter the walls of time and space.

-In this new city (Kisuyo) have player vs player besiged event where Kisuyo vs Aht Urghan try to steal astral transcendence.

-Buff MNK SAM NIN please.

-and make a in game version of tetra master for FFXI and FFXIV please ty.
By anik 2017-08-24 22:38:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Dynamis linkshell leaders when a 100 piece doesn't drop to them be like:
YouTube Video Placeholder

Bring back dynamis type evernts :D i miss drama
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [112 days between previous and next post]
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-12-15 06:22:53
Link | Quote | Reply

After San d'Oria, Bastok, Windurst and Jeuno, we get a new Dynamis Tavnazia... With a final boss of Diabolos Joker.

In some alternate timeline, when Diabolos made Dynamis to preserve Vana'diel, a living Karaha-Baruha made a second attempt at summoning a fully powered avatar to beat back the beastmen from Windurst, this time using Joker to enslave Diabolos himself.

Why?
1) It sounds cool.
2) We had to defeat a Dynamis Diabolos to gain access to Dynamis Divergence.
3) It is called Dynamis Divergence after all!
4) Diabolos Joker would fall in line with the other Diabolos names in the original Dynamis Tavnazia.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-12-15 06:44:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ehhhhh anything involving dynamis is not an improvement on the game.

The bigger improvement would be getting rid of Dynamis-Divergance to be completely honest. I don't know what would be better, but I do know that Divergence is a horribad event.

You can't take the 2nd worst event ever, make it ilvl and say the game is better than it was.

900? Buyable drops from a Dynamis event for gear is just a big fat *** you hell no.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-12-15 06:47:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Eliminating Dynamis Divergence is unrealistical.
I agree it's not as brilliant as it could've been, but it's still something else to do in game, better than nothing.

I'm hopeful that in the upcoming next 6 months they're gonna tweak it and make some QoL changes to make it more attractive for players, more interesting to play and a bit less of a grind to farm those pieces.

With cheaper prices a lot of those "meh" pieces would suddenly become more interesting and give players something to be looking forward to.
By fonewear 2017-12-15 07:04:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Ehhhhh anything involving dynamis is not an improvement on the game.

The bigger improvement would be getting rid of Dynamis-Divergance to be completely honest. I don't know what would be better, but I do know that Divergence is a horribad event.

You can't take the 2nd worst event ever, make it ilvl and say the game is better than it was.

900? Buyable drops from a Dynamis event for gear is just a big fat *** you hell no.

Can't agree with this more. The last thing we need is more Dynamis. Hell I'd take a re vamped Abyessa over Dynamis any day. There is a ton of old content that could be scaled up.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-12-15 07:23:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Revamping old dyna ain't exactly the same amount of work as doing revamped aby ya know
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-12-15 07:30:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Revamping old dyna ain't exactly the same amount of work as doing revamped aby ya know

Feels like it would be exactly the same on a basic level.

Use the template

Make mobs stronger

Facemashkbfornewnames

Change seals cards coins jewels to goblinpenises.name +1

#done
[+]