I Know We Said This Game Was Dying Before But....

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » I know we said this game was dying before but....
I know we said this game was dying before but....
First Page 2 3 4
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-08-16 15:55:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Last major update: November 2016.

Omen is all but dead. Bodies aren't dropping worth a damn and people aren't doing them as much, outside of the dedicated SPs still farming Ou. Ou was a lazy addition to Omen, and only 2/3 items regularly drop.

Outside of campaigns, its really hard to get people to want to do anything, even on Asura. Maybe they should make campaigns 100% of the time; some of us don't bother logging in if its not an event or campaign.

The game just seems more dead than it's ever been, and there isn't anything hopeful to look forward to. If they don't drop the next "big" update soon, or the expansion they've been planning undercover, I don't know how much longer it'll be around. I actually did some ambuscades solo with absolutely no line (npc said I was next 3 times in a row). Could just be a crappy month, but that's never happened before.

Yes, I know we've said this before, but its approaching a full year since the last major update to the game. We were promised new battle content, I hope it rejuvenates the community. I hope it comes soon.

gorillatears; ;
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2017-08-16 16:16:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
The game just seems more dead than it's ever bee

Get.Off.A.Dead.Server

The game is extremely alive and well over on Asura, and probably another server or two. Over 1400 people online right now at 5:16PM EST.
[+]
By Azurea 2017-08-16 16:17:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
The game is extremely alive and well over on Asura

Outside of campaigns, its really hard to get people to want to do anything, even on Asura.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-08-16 16:19:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm on asura.....
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-08-16 16:19:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Game's not dead.

Dying, sure. On life support, maybe.

Dead? Not a chance.

If it was dead, somebody would have already pulled the plug and/or spilled coffee on the servers already.

I hope that when they finally decide to pull the plug on the game, they give it to Rooks to fix.

He takes foreeeeeeeeevvvvvvvveeeeeeerrrrr to fix anything. Game would be good and dead before you know it.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-08-16 16:20:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm on asura.....
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2017-08-16 16:20:34
Link | Quote | Reply

They want you to move over to Final Fantasy XIV.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-08-16 16:22:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Is that game good? Haven't played it.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-08-16 16:22:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Boring as hell.
[+]
Bug Hunter
Server: Goblin
Game: FFXIV
By Mikado Parvenu 2017-08-16 16:22:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Correction: Boring as Kojo.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-08-16 16:35:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm on asura.....

Then make friends and do something.

It's CP campaign and everyone is rushing on that right now.
[+]
 Fenrir.Pertalee
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Pertalee 2017-08-16 16:38:10
Link | Quote | Reply

CP is ALL THE RAGE!!! GET ON THE TRAIN!
By zaxtiss 2017-08-16 16:40:05
Link | Quote | Reply

ahhh you know you just miss your lakshmi buddies Buukki!
[+]
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-08-16 16:41:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm still having fun. :)
[+]
By Blazed1979 2017-08-16 17:12:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't done anything in game since the first day after the MNK update.
It was SOMETHING to look forward to. Was very disappointed.

Getting things done isn't the problem. Getting things done in a way I find enjoyable is.

Being able to participate in content on jobs I enjoy is a big selling point for me. Its one of the core aspects of FFXI - multiple jobs that play differently. They've pretty much obliterated that core aspect of the game with allowing some jobs to be so disproportionately effective than others.

That's not to say I don't like the occasional AC Volt Strike thrashing of a T4. I might actually one day miss it. I enjoy diversity and mixing things up.

But at the moment the game is too easy for me to get things done. There's little challenge. Outside of the remaining Omen bodies I don't have, there's no gear reward for me either.

There's no story line that will keep me either.

But above all else, just the feeling that the dev team are paying the least amount of attention to the game than they ever have (MNK Update again) and the drastic drop in quality of changes (MNK update again) sends a clear signal to me - "they don't really care anymore, it isn't going to get any better. it is going to get worse"

I'm actually cancelling my subscription. Even though on all 3 accounts I have more than 6,000 crysta left. I'm hoping maybe there will be a reason in the future to re-activate them. The only reason I have continued playing for the past month is because of friends, but even they have all taken a couple of steps back from the game because they're in the same boat.

Is the game dead? technically no, it isn't. But at what point do you say the ship has sunk? When its halfway towards the bottom of the ocean or when it hits the ocean floor?
[+]
 Phoenix.Libbien
Server: Phoenix
user: Alttp
By Phoenix.Libbien 2017-08-16 17:23:39
Link | Quote | Reply

He has a fair point. I'd love to see more besieged or campaign style fights, but in a more controlled environment. A little free for all action that requires more than just standing still and pushing the same macros over and over. Think Palloritus Vagary wave 1 where mobs just spawn all over the place, but add some randomness and difficulty. Make backline people learn what a DT set is for more than just AoE, make dd's learn how to protect support jobs when the tank isn't able, make people think and react on the fly, etc... Some kind of blend of alluvion cirdas skirmish and pallo vag wave 1 would be awesome. Random enemies and NMs chosen that eithr spawn randomly on a timer or as others are killed like in vag. The replay value of content like that would be huge if done correctly.
[+]
By aigulfe 2017-08-16 19:03:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I think CP week is the priority for most atm. Ambuscade is having a rough month. It's not the money maker it's been in recent months and it feels more like a long slow slog than usual. I still don't have my metals/dyes/capes done but once I do, im stopping then.

I do think relic and empy +3 is coming at some point and tbh I'm not in a hurry for it. Omen is an 8-hour-a-week ish commitment as it is (if you max it out anyway) and maybe I just play more jobs than most but I'm nowhere close to done on AF+3s. atm I do 4 boss runs with a group and 4 solo card farms a week. Think I've made 10-12 but I still have 2-3 pieces of SAM gear, 1 WAR, 1 RNG to go before I even start on THF or DNC or NIN. Those are just the ones I perceive as being the most beneficial. I'm not 5/5 on anything yet.

Having said all that, I was gone from the game for 5-6 years until late 2015 so I've been playing catchup for a while. For someone who never left, I can see there would probably be a lot less to accomplish.
 Shiva.Paulu
Server: Shiva
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2017-08-16 19:07:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Is that game good? Haven't played it.
Both good and boring as hell. Something you play for a few weeks/months then put down until an expansion. If you're a FF fan the nostalgia value is there and the I personally enjoyed the soundtrack.

No addictive quality like XI had/has for me though.
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-08-16 19:24:37
Link | Quote | Reply

The game just seems more dead than it's ever bee

Get.Off.A.Dead.Server

The game is extremely alive and well over on Asura, and probably another server or two. Over 1400 people online right now at 5:16PM EST.
Facts always random shouts for omen. Well on my server there is :p
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-08-16 19:25:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Azurea said: »
The game is extremely alive and well over on Asura

Outside of campaigns, its really hard to get people to want to do anything, even on Asura.
So asura is your cousin Azurea!?
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-08-16 19:43:49
Link | Quote | Reply

You think it's tough on Asura? Try it over here on Cerberus. You've likely done too much content too soon as you had the options to do everything a million times over. My group is still working towards our first Aeonic, whereas I bet some on that server have all or most Aeonics by now as it's "too easy"

That's cool for us though. Many of us have full-time jobs, kids, other games, other commitments, so we chip away at things but can't do stuff everyday. There should definitely be more content, but there's still many players who haven't reached a level to try anything like Master Trials. I see many players who struggle to get into Omen groups or high tier Geas Fete as they either don't have the time to gear up, or don't have the support of other players.

I think you're in a state I found myself in when Delve was the only meaningful thing to do. It got stale pretty quick. I suggest playing other games .. have some downtime. Come back every now and then to do something, anything, but only for a couple of hours. Seems like you destroyed the game to the point it feels pointless to continue. Can't expect SE to give us super updates every month now .. they already stated we would get minimal updates as of last year. Spend some time away, it's good for the soul.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2017-08-16 19:44:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Might be time to move on.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-08-16 19:54:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
You think it's tough on Asura? Try it over here on Cerberus. You've likely done too much content too soon as you had the options to do everything a million times over. My group is still working towards our first Aeonic, whereas I bet some on that server have all or most Aeonics by now as it's "too easy"

That's cool for us though. Many of us have full-time jobs, kids, other games, other commitments, so we chip away at things but can't do stuff everyday. There should definitely be more content, but there's still many players who haven't reached a level to try anything like Master Trials. I see many players who struggle to get into Omen groups or high tier Geas Fete as they either don't have the time to gear up, or don't have the support of other players.

I think you're in a state I found myself in when Delve was the only meaningful thing to do. It got stale pretty quick. I suggest playing other games .. have some downtime. Come back every now and then to do something, anything, but only for a couple of hours. Seems like you destroyed the game to the point it feels pointless to continue. Can't expect SE to give us super updates every month now .. they already stated we would get minimal updates as of last year. Spend some time away, it's good for the soul.
So true! ATM been playing hellblade and hospitals weeee
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-08-16 19:57:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Drakenv said: »
Cerberus.Kylos said: »

So true! ATM been playing hellblade and hospitals weeee

Sonic Mania for me .. not cleared it yet but it's been epic so far. And it was very cheap which is a bonus lol.
By anik 2017-08-16 20:04:32
Link | Quote | Reply

If you mean ffxi pre abyssea, well... it died when abyssea was born.
There's a VAST database of content to play with, but the game is pretty damn streamlined towards one point in the game.

OMEN grinding.

And it's been like this ever since abyssea, everyone got funneled abruptly into 1 planned path as developed by SE.

There was a time when you would explore and kill some random ***and not know anything about it.

Everyone now shares info about "how to" and we know about the drops before we even login to the game after an update.

Dev team creates some content, you see the drops, you login, go directly to the mob, kill it, get drop.

Dev team creates some newer content, you see the drops, you login, go directly to the mob, kill it, get drop.

The game is just too god damn guided. Exploration and discovery is reduced to checking ffxiah and forums for .dat file updates, and going directly to updated content as soon as you log in.

If you got friends, great, have fun. If you don't, it's time to close up shop and let go of the dream of being awesome and making all your in-game friends awesome in comparison to rival linkshells.

Game is full of cheaters who use 3rd party tools anyhow, who gives a ***.
By Kodaijin 2017-08-16 20:05:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Always stuff to do. I see these posts from time to time and it's just in relationship to what your expectations and what you find enjoyable. I enjoy working towards my goals and helping others achieve their goals. In my recent experience on asura, the game is just as alive as it ever was. I'm not oblivious to the fact that other servers are all but dead but there are still hundreds/thousands of people who log on every day. Tired of hearing there's nothing to do. If you're done, quit. If you want something to do, find an up and coming person who needs help and show the way. Dead server? Transfer. Cheaper to do it now during campaign(that's still active right?)
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-08-16 21:14:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm actually not complaining about the campaigns. I just think we badly need some new battle content. We have Reisenjima, v1 ambush (lol) and omen as end game battle fights. Master trials because there's nothing else to do. I mean compared to in the past there were so many things to get involved in. Now it's like "just give us a campaign so we have added to do". Outside of those and your linkable groups, what honestly is there going on? Game needs a spark like now
 Asura.Blitzjr
user: tripletee
By Asura.Blitzjr 2017-08-16 21:18:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah idk. A lot of people just aren't doing things. I've recently been helping a lot of people and helping gearing others. There's plenty in this game to do, and Asura is just as alive as ever. I personally don't think that the game is dying, we all know once a campaign is active that campaign takes priority over most other events. Start a ls, join a ls, make an alt, level and gear a new job. There's plenty of alternatives to keeping game alive in your own mind, just gotta change your perspective.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-08-16 21:29:38
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have nothing to do, look deeply at yourself and ask yourself if you really want to be doing something.

I have as close to everything as anyone I know, and I could still easily fill another 500 hours acquiring new things without touching RME.

The problem isn't a lack of content, it's a lack of motivation. If farming new gear or improving a new job feels like work, maybe it's time for you to take a break.
[+]
By Afania 2017-08-16 21:45:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
If you have nothing to do, look deeply at yourself and ask yourself if you really want to be doing something.

I have as close to everything as anyone I know, and I could still easily fill another 500 hours acquiring new things without touching RME.

The problem isn't a lack of content, it's a lack of motivation. If farming new gear or improving a new job feels like work, maybe it's time for you to take a break.

I mostly agree, although I feel the game does lack harder content as more and more people clear T4 easily with SMN and master trial doesn't drop useful gears.

There's zero motivation to improve a job if content doesn't require it. If you can already kill things with jobs at 60% of max performance, why bother to grind 1 to 2 billion gil to push it to 90%+.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4