Mauve-wristed Gomberry. Bugged?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Escha » Mauve-wristed Gomberry. Bugged?
Mauve-wristed Gomberry. Bugged?
 Cerberus.Bongsolo
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Stalk
By Cerberus.Bongsolo 2017-04-27 20:43:25
Link | Quote | Reply

We been trying to kill this duo, where both returning players ~3months. For some reason we can't kill the adds..

Are normal setup is Pup tank/support, and Bst DPS. Bouncing Bertha AoE hitting adds for 0dmg 90% of the time. But youtube videos of bst soloing it with Bouncing Bertha.

We've also tried Sch/Blm(Blizzaga) & Bst. But we run into the same issue it's only hitting/killing 0-2adds targeting on NM or adds.

Bugged or working as intended?
Or maybe where missing a trick?
By OmniKroe 2017-04-27 21:05:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess you are not bongsoloing it. You are bongduoing.
 Cerberus.Kylos
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-04-27 21:19:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Killed it last week without any problems using blm and smn in our pt.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
Server: Fenrir
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-04-27 21:25:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you doing AOE's too fast maybe? You have to wait a little after the adds appear before they can be hit.
 Bismarck.Indigla
Server: Bismarck
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2017-04-27 23:02:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Seeing messages of "Mauve-wristed Gomberry takes 0 points of damage." isn't out of the ordinary when attacking the adds. You will still see the adds lifebar go down though and need to kill them all off to blue !! proc the main NM. The main NM will have seemingly infinite Utsusemi shadows while the adds are up.

Personally when duoing I typically use a dagger/magic attack bonus set and aeolian edge when the adds pop, letting the person I'm duoing with do the lion's share of damage on the main NM so I can have TP ready for the adds if needed. Strong AoE magic nukes or Bertha with good accuracy should be able to clear them as well. They used to be very evasive prior to the GEO nerf/NM adjustments so I am unsure what the accuracy check is for them now, but that might be the issue you're having?
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
Server: Asura
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-04-28 00:03:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Use a different element. When he uses Utsusemi and 3 adds spawn, they each spawn casting a ninjitsu nuke. My theory is this gives each of them an element. There's a chance they're spawning as maybe an ice-based spawn and Blizzaga isn't working against them. This is why when I do it I do Stonera/Watera, generally, as sometimes only one doesn't work.
 Bismarck.Indigla
Server: Bismarck
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2017-04-29 00:26:52
Link | Quote | Reply

If that's the case I've never had an issue with wind damage from aeolian edge, so can just use that?
 Cerberus.Bongsolo
user: Stalk
By Cerberus.Bongsolo 2017-05-03 15:33:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Switching to Aeroga seems to work much better, but there is still times where it hits for 0dmg on a couple of them. Killed it a few times thanks for the advice.
 Sylph.Gobbo
Server: Sylph
user: Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2017-05-03 15:52:11
Link | Quote | Reply

You could also just stun Utsusemi and not have any adds. Makes the fight infinitely easier. He always starts the fight with Utsusemi so the first one is easy to predict.
[+]
 Odin.Horu
Server: Odin
user: stratusx
By Odin.Horu 2017-05-04 03:56:20
Link | Quote | Reply

its as simple as you don't have the right gear for AoEing the mob, those that post the vids on soloing this kind of stuff usually have some of the best around
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2017-05-04 07:02:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Skjalf has always nuked the adds with firaga II+ or thundaga II+ and they die super-fast.