Mythic Quest Glitch?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Mythic Quest glitch?
Mythic Quest glitch?
By Sensenri 2017-03-04 15:43:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I completed all the required quests/items for the mythic quest, but Paparoon is not giving me the cutscene or key item to progress my mythic. Paparoon keeps saying "Yooo make some more room and come back, yes?" (2/80 inventory). I have multiple mythics so I know I'm not missing any cutscenes... I know I turned everything in because it says "Done" next to everything when I check Paparoon.

Any ideas or anyone else experienced this?
 Asura.Tuvae
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Tuvae
By Asura.Tuvae 2017-03-04 15:55:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ive not completed one yet so cant really help, but thats the same dialogue he gives me each time I talk to him. I hope I dont get this glitch later on too xD
 Phoenix.Brixy
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Brixy
By Phoenix.Brixy 2017-03-04 16:17:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Check and see if you have any of the assault memoirs on you. Sounds like Paparoon is trying to give you all 5 of the pages but you already have 1 or more of them already. I think he will occasionally do that even if you already completed all 50 assaults and turned them in.
 Valefor.Sensenri
Server: Valefor
user: Sensenri
By Valefor.Sensenri 2017-03-04 16:51:29
Link | Quote | Reply

No assault memoirs on me unfortunately, I turned all of them in. He won't give me new ones either even if I have the inventory space to obtain them. Also says "Done" next to them.

I have tried zoning, relogging, waiting a game day, waiting 24 RL hours, even logging on a different PC but nothing =(
By Staleyx 2017-03-04 17:20:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you 100% you have turned in all assault books? Thats what he would tell me when I didn't have a book turned in.
 Valefor.Sensenri
Server: Valefor
user: Sensenri
By Valefor.Sensenri 2017-03-04 17:48:07
Link | Quote | Reply

100% its all turned in.. Even had someone else go thru all my items to make sure... I did server hop and been reading that some people have been experiencing this after was hoping someone had a solution haha
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [279 days between previous and next post]
 Phoenix.Fatts
user: fats
By Phoenix.Fatts 2017-12-08 21:02:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Have you been able to solve this issue Sensenri?

I also get the "make more room" reply, even though I just started "Duties, Tasks & Deeds". I'm wondering if it's already glitched. I've seen similar posts to yours on the net (well, only one other). If you solved it, it would be awesome if you could post it.
 Quetzalcoatl.Commencal
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Scwall
By Quetzalcoatl.Commencal 2017-12-08 21:17:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Check the ??? or unmarked target next to Paparoon. I had tossed all the journals before completing any assaults. When I wanted to start doing them, checking that gave me new ones.
[+]
 Phoenix.Fatts
user: fats
By Phoenix.Fatts 2017-12-08 22:25:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the answer Commen. I actually did the same. Tossed them and got them again from the '???' point. But, Paparoon still says "make more room" for some unknown reason. And that sounds off.

I also tried talking to Paparoon after tossing the logs (no logs in the inventory), he still said the same, and gave nothing.

I'm hoping the quest will advance smoothly and it won't get stuck later on. He already accepts Alex etc. I guess I'll do everything and then see if it progressed smoothly. A bit risky though.

Can anyone confirm if "make more room" is a normal thing that he says, before you finish the tasks?