Random Politics & Religion #18

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #18
Random Politics & Religion #18
First Page 2 3 ... 23 24 25 ... 65 66 67
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-01-23 21:53:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
White House 2017, now with more virtue signaling!

Isn't that Dem's new election slogan? Game plan is to force a new election this year by protesting until Trump volunteers to leave office.
Still doesn't work that way. Then we would have Pence.

The entire administration would have to retire, all the way down to Homeland Security.
By Viciouss 2017-01-23 22:05:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Paul Ryan is 3rd in line.
 Phoenix.Xantavia
Server: Phoenix
user: xantavia
By Phoenix.Xantavia 2017-01-23 22:32:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Phoenix.Xantavia said: »
Asura.Vienner said: »
I'm surprised that they've allowed these two pictures to become world news.
On the other hand, while the press and everybody is talking about these numbers, nobody is really paying attention to whatever else is happening in government right now. While I don't think Trump's ego would allow him to purposely look bad, it could help congress put through some controversial decisions. Imagine if they attempted to move the ethics committee to being controlled by congress like they tried to at the start of the new session. At the time, it seems Trump's views on it, and the public's view on it, caused them to back off. Do it now, and it passes before there is any outcry.
No, it would still be outcry. Just not as much as it was when Congress started.
That is the point, it likely wouldn't be noticed because everybody is looking at something else. Remember all the outrage when Bill Clinton bombed a bunch of civilians around Kosovo? Happened on April 20th, 1999? Ring any bells about national outrage for that happening? Or was everybody focusing on something else, another tragedy happening on the same day.

Granted, having a meltdown over not being the best ever isn't important in the big scheme of things, but in our celebrity culture it seems americans care more about useless stuff like that rather than issues that could actually affect them.
By Viciouss 2017-01-23 22:34:26
Link | Quote | Reply

It was a Saturday there was nothing else going on.
By Yatenkou 2017-01-24 00:57:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys what's your opinion on the Washington free beacon being used as a news source? Want to know if what I'm looking at is legit or not because these numbers make my BS'ometer go off

20,000+ hours = 2.28 nonstop years of footage.

http://freebeacon.com/uncategorized/confidential-david-brock-memo-defeat-trump-impeachment/
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-01-24 02:59:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Yatenkou said: »
Hey guys what's your opinion on the Washington free beacon being used as a news source? Want to know if what I'm looking at is legit or not because these numbers make my BS'ometer go off

http://freebeacon.com/uncategorized/confidential-david-brock-memo-defeat-trump-impeachment/

Either way, what a waste of time and money. David Brock is clearly obsessed and deranged.

Hey David, here's an idea. How about instead of spending a ton of time and money to fail at getting rid of Trump (or, much less likely, succeed at getting Pence), why not spend some of those efforts trying to show the world that you're not a bunch of sore losers and lunatics? Because, right now, when you ask people why they voted for Trump, they can just point at you and say, "Because of people like him."
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2017-01-24 04:55:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I initially read that as "free bacon", seemed totally legit!
 Valefor.Rawry
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Rawry 2017-01-24 05:18:59
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Ruaumoko 2017-01-24 06:08:25
Link | Quote | Reply

UK Supreme Court decrees that the Conservative government must put the act of leaving the EU to a vote in parliament.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-01-24 06:11:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Yatenkou said: »

Either way, what a waste of time and money. David Brock is clearly obsessed and deranged.

Hey David, here's an idea. How about instead of spending a ton of time and money to fail at getting rid of Trump (or, much less likely, succeed at getting Pence), why not spend some of those efforts trying to show the world that you're not a bunch of sore losers and lunatics? Because, right now, when you ask people why they voted for Trump, they can just point at you and say, "Because of people like him."
They think that, since the Republicans did it to Obama (instead of impeachment, made him a one-term president,
still worked really well for them, didn't it?
), that's what got them in so much power. So, they are trying to copy that to get back into power, not understanding at all that their disconnect with the American people outside of the coastal cities and Chicago is what caused them to lose so much power across the country.....
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-01-24 06:12:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Wasn't that the whole point of Brexit?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-01-24 06:13:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
Like I said, they have to have the entire administration "retire" in order to put a Democrat back into the White House. While Ryan is 3rd in line, the line of successors doesn't end with him.....

...seriously Vic, go back to middle school and take civics over again.
By Ruaumoko 2017-01-24 06:19:01
Link | Quote | Reply

That's the thing, the Conservatives were ignoring the role of parliament and were trying to go at it alone. This forces them to work within the entire political process, rightly so.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-01-24 06:27:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
That's the thing, the Conservatives were ignoring the role of parliament and were trying to go at it alone. This forces them to work within the entire political process, rightly so.
But since the UK people have voted to exit out of the EU, wouldn't this vote be pointless? Well, pointless for those in power right now I mean.

Think of it this way: We just had a recent reversal of power in the US. Democrats, who just 8 years ago, held almost the most power they had in a century, passed legislation that no Republican signed off on (Obamacare) or very very very few signed off on (Dodd-Frank). This pissed off the majority of the US into practically kicking out those democrats in power over a 6 year span (2010 lead to the House revolution, 2012 kept adding to the bleeding of democrat power, 2014 gave control of the Senate to Republicans, and 2016 gave control of the White House to Republicans, all while state and local levels practically kicked out the local democrats in record numbers).

The legislators in the UK parliament could learn from this, which is that if you go against the will of the people, the people will vote for somebody who promises to listen to them, regardless of how extreme their viewpoints are (case in point: Donald Trump).
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-01-24 07:00:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
WaPo

Days after being sworn in, President Trump insisted to congressional leaders invited to a reception at the White House that he would have won the popular vote had it not been for millions of illegal votes, according to people familiar with the meeting.

Trump has repeatedly claimed, without evidence, that widespread voter fraud caused him to lose the popular vote to Hillary Clinton, even while he clinched the presidency with an electoral college victory.

Two people familiar with the meeting said Trump spent about 10 minutes at the start of the bipartisan gathering rehashing the campaign. He also told them that between 3 million and 5 million illegal votes caused him to lose the popular vote.

The discussion about Trump's election victory and his claim that he would have won the popular vote was confirmed by a third person familiar with the meeting.

The claim is not supported by any verifiable facts, and analyses of the election found virtually no confirmed cases of voter fraud, let alone millions.

Clinton won the popular vote by more than 2.8 million votes. Trump won 304 electoral college votes to Clinton's 227.
House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) alluded to Trump's comments as he returned to the Capitol from the meeting Monday night.

“We talked about different electoral college, popular votes, going through the different ones,” McCarthy said. “Well, we talked about going back through past elections. Everyone in there goes through elections and stuff, so everybody's giving their different histories of different parts.”

Asked by reporters after the meeting if Trump made any surprising statements at the gathering, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) replied, “Well, I won’t even go into that.”

Anyone else find it funny/scary when he tries to push the "illegal voter" narrative on the very people that know it is a lie?

[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2017-01-24 07:09:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Trump has somehow managed to drop his credibility while simultneously advancing a campaign agenda that everyone though he was lying about.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-01-24 07:30:26
Link | Quote | Reply

If I were a conspiracy-minded person, I'd say that all is going according to plan.

If I were a conspiracy-minded person.

But I don't give these jackoffs that much credit.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-01-24 07:47:43
Link | Quote | Reply

The entire administration would have to retire, all the way down to Homeland Security.

They can dream right...

But since the UK people have voted to exit out of the EU, wouldn't this vote be pointless? Well, pointless for those in power right now I mean.

Depends on what the ultimate goal is and how the "stayers" are gambling. By putting it into the hands of a "committee", especially one with members who don't want to leave, they could tie it up for a very long time. During that time it's possible that enough change would of happened that they could insist on a second popular vote and attempt, a "do-over", during a time when they feel the climate is more accepting to a "stay" result. Essentially nullifying the original "leave" by delaying it long enough.

That's the Machiavellian in me seeing how the process could be subverted, something politicians are masters of doing.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-01-24 09:10:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »

If I were a conspiracy-minded person, I'd say that all is going according to plan.

If I were a conspiracy-minded person.

But I don't give these jackoffs that much credit.

I wouldn't write them off so flippantly, though.

For instance, yesterday Trump held a meeting with the heads of major corporations for a discussion where he restated his campaign promise of issuing heavy taxes on them if they send jobs and factories out of country.

However, it's a little known fact over the last 35-40yrs that those actions are pushed by Wall Street to increase earnings to a double digit rate. That means the quickest way to deliver higher profits is reducing labor costs and all forms of overhead.

But here is the best part, Trump created an advisory panel last month "President's Strategic and Policy Forum" for the purpose of having the heads of the private sector suggest strategy in order to implement his plan to bring back jobs. Some of which are the heads of Wall Street firms:

blackstone.com/media/press-release/article/president-elect-trump-establishes-the-president-s-strategic-and-policy-forum
By Ramyrez 2017-01-24 09:10:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Truly random politics:

I don't mind paying taxes, but *** all of these tax deductions catered toward classical nuclear families and filing situations.

Old fashioned ***.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-01-24 09:12:00
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.blackstone.com/media/press-release/article/president-elect-trump-establishes-the-president-s-strategic-and-policy-forum

Derps I forget my browser omitts SSL on the URL display.
By fonewear 2017-01-24 09:14:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't worry about it. While I don't plain on reading it I appreciate the effort !
By Zerowone 2017-01-24 09:15:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Truly random politics:

I don't mind paying taxes, but *** all of these tax deductions catered toward classical nuclear families and filing situations.

Old fashioned ***.

Yeah I discovered that BS when we filed jointly for the first time last year. Our return was bogus compared to when we weren't married and filed independent, (obviously). But now with a kid this last year it's we're looking at quite the return.
By fonewear 2017-01-24 09:16:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Quiet if you keep talking about taxes kingnobody will come up here with a W2 form !
By Ramyrez 2017-01-24 09:16:19
Link | Quote | Reply

This *** country and our baby obsession.
By Ramyrez 2017-01-24 09:17:45
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Quiet if you keep talking about taxes kingnobody will come up here with a W2 form !

Fine by me.
By Ramyrez 2017-01-24 09:18:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean, I don't really care about his W2 and I hope he doesn't have mine for security reasons, but I'm not going to complain if he decides to wave his around.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-01-24 09:19:09
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »

Don't worry about it. While I don't plain on reading it I appreciate the effort !

For someone who enjoys the blissfulness of ignorance I wouldn't expected you to, but I do appreciate the acknowledgement of effort and your Simpson themed non-sequiturs.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-01-24 09:21:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I do read headlines of news stories. Eventually it will get to the point where I read summaries of headlines...
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-01-24 09:21:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean, I don't really care about his W2 and I hope he doesn't have mine for security reasons, but I'm not going to complain if he decides to wave his around.

W2's psssh if you're making money you best be on them 1099 and 1040.
First Page 2 3 ... 23 24 25 ... 65 66 67