Forum » FFXI » Escha » Kirin v2 Escha Ru'Aun strategies
Kirin v2 Escha Ru'Aun strategies
 Bahamut.Boogerballs
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Boogerballs 2016-10-01 13:01:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
Given it's a conservative number (the exact value for WoC would be 1881, and while I think Kirin probably is lower, I'm not totally sure) based on your own parsed value, it's strange that you say that.

Are interpreting this as what /checkparam you should hit? Because that's not what I mean.

I feel like thats too high. After we did kirin we did WOC and i took out my acc traits and i was still at 95%. Granted when Torpor was down I was missing like crazy but when it were up, no issues. SE really screwed the pooch with this one. They lowered eva way too much.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-10-01 13:04:44
Link | Quote | Reply

The parsed value using Scoreboard's accuracy checker I got for WoC was 1831 (probably higher with bracelets, but I'm not gonna spend my time checking that), I've never gone out and parsed Kouryu.

Admittedly, it wasn't me personally that did the test, it was someone in LS as I took the role of just holding it on RUN, but I had them lock all their gear and make sure their accuracy never changed by doing occasional /checkparams, so I'm just taking their word on what their accuracy was.
 Asura.Boogerballs
Server: Asura
By Asura.Boogerballs 2016-10-01 13:09:54
Link | Quote | Reply

No worries, its just based on experience i was way too high in the acc department lol.
 Sylph.Braden
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Braden 2016-10-01 13:38:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Did a Kouryu with a lower acc set by accident and had about an 85% hit rate with 1793 Acc. Really small sample size though, probably 60 swings? Our THF (whose accuracy is quite a bit lower) definitely had a much better hit rate on him compared to WoC. Suppose I should write some of this stuff down as we do it.

Does no one else do the Flail thing? Everyone seems to like the front for some reason.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-10-01 13:46:31
Link | Quote | Reply

With EA + Scherzo I'd backtank. Jean shared your guys' experience and said they were fine with Bio2 and Entrust Wilt and didn't need Scherzo, but we ended up getting 1-shotted that way (would've lived since we actually did have Scherzo, but Genbu was up and did Tortoise song like 1 second prior, removing our Scherzo and killing us all; awesome team combo)
 Asura.Boogerballs
By Asura.Boogerballs 2016-10-01 14:17:01
Link | Quote | Reply

personally i like the back tank way but since i dont have shadows when doing this, i dont recommend it. the only thing that hurts when tanking it from the front are breath attacks but thats avoidable if u have your tank on 1 foot and everyone else on the other.
 Lakshmi.Konvict
Server: Lakshmi
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2016-10-01 14:20:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know why everyone asks how to kill these nms. Every single one can be killed DD method minus maybe Schah and Verde.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-10-01 14:24:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Schah's been done, and it doesn't seem that complex. Zerde could be done, but it's be a bit more work than a mage setup. As long as you stun Just Desserts (every 25%) then you don't really have to worry.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-10-01 14:26:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Schah you just kill like a normal mob, except you bring an extra GEO for Focus/Languor and a stunner to stun the more annoying ***, since stunning everything builds his resistance too quick. If you had faith in all your GEOs, they could all just /BLM and rotate stuns, but I like using the old SCH stunner.

Also, just because something *can* be done with DD doesn't mean it should. I'd stick with mages for Vinipata, Onychophora and Schah, personally.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-10-01 14:44:23
Link | Quote | Reply

We're thinking if we do Onychophora using WSs that don't SC, it'll be easy enough since he won't spawn any adds or do the instant kill thing. Might end up slower though since MBs are great for those windows where you can hurt him.
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Server: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2016-10-01 14:53:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Onychophora is an absolute joke with BLU (Savage Blade), SMN (TP Bonus, Warcry, EA, Night Terror/Mewing Lullaby when it absorbs physical damage), GEO (Torpor or Malaise+Frailty+Entrust Fury), BRD (mads), WHM, COR (Chaos+Hunter), about 12~15 min kill (more if you are unlucky) without SPs/Silence.
[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-10-01 15:17:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Had no doubt a melee Ony would be easy in a 6-man since you can more easily limit absorbed damage.
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Asura.Carrotchan 2016-10-01 15:19:11
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

It certainly requires much less accuracy than WoC.

-SR
 Asura.Ramsy
user: Ramsy
By Asura.Ramsy 2016-10-01 16:16:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Konvict said: »
I don't know why everyone asks how to kill these nms. Every single one can be killed DD method minus maybe Schah and Verde.
Yes and I don't get why people make comments on topics without contributing to the post. Thanks everyone for the info :)
[+]
 Asura.Taberif
user: Taberif
By Asura.Taberif 2016-10-01 16:58:10
Link | Quote | Reply

@OP, really prefer SMN strat(rune,geo,whm,cor,sch,smn + pld)
Each Bpact will do like 12-13% of mobs HP on Kirin making it like a 2min fight if done correctly.

Just some tips explained in detail

Pop @#1 Ru aun

PLD- pops runs down the stairs kites as adds pop(kiting around the pond abit safer than straight tanking)

RUN-Tanks Kirin/Ouryu be very careful to claim ouryu quickly so he doesnt run downstairs! Ryake>super revit> ryake@50%(on ouryu)

WHM-Cures, also Asylum+Sacrosanctity as Ouryu pops(gives plenty of time for everyone to pop steadfast/mirrors tonic)

GEO-Geo-Langour/IndiMalaise Bolster on Ouryu(Kirin doesnt need since you will be hitting for 99k). Dont forget to re-do bubbles when Ouryu pops. Entrust wilt or barrier

COR-Windshot every skillchain, Random deal the SMN after Apogee, Wildcard after Conduit.

SCH- Tabula Rasa @start Just spam fragmentation / wind skillchain

SMN-Astral Flow@start, on Kirin phase you should be magicbursting off skillchains for 99k. pop apogee at start, have cor reset immediately and go again. Kirin pretty much done after 2 apogee. On ouryu pop use Astral conduit and just spam bloodpacts hitting skillchain when they can(cor might reset your conduit too!)

Battleflow: apogee bpacts>random deal>apogee bpacts>(kirin depops)> Ouryu> Conduit>wildcard>spam bpacts
did this quite easily with just a decently geared smn
 Sylph.Braden
By Sylph.Braden 2016-10-01 17:24:31
Link | Quote | Reply

The vertical distance between floors at Portal #1 should be enough to block any and all AoE from hitting anyone on a different level. A tank who can survive Spike Flail could probably back-tank it to avoid getting hit with Horrid Roar or Geotic Breath and mages wouldn't have to worry about Vex, Attunement, Terror, Petrify, etc. Also there aren't any "unable to see" issues with casting through the floor from at least 18' away.

I haven't actually tested this with Flail or Wing which could be 35' or 40', but it definitely worked with Meteor when centered on a different level, which is 30'. A classic mage setup involving a separate tank for adds with their own personal healer would probably look like this:

Side note: the height difference between levels is 16' (a little less on the bridge), and max vertical distance to see a mob is 20'.
 Asura.Slazer
user: Slazer
By Asura.Slazer 2016-10-01 18:47:56
Link | Quote | Reply

You could also use a party of super BSTs to drop him in 1 minute.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [170 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-03-20 18:43:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry for the bump, just a quick question. What's the accuracy target on Kirin since the update? Thanks.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
Server: Leviathan
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-03-20 19:52:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't give you values but we had 12 man Kirin this weekend, 5 DD Dnc rdm blu blu drk. With full buffs 100~50% took around 90 sec, 49~0% took around 2 min.

1 geo x2 cor (1 drop) Bard
Rdm did rdm things

Only thing that screwd us was no thf to steal 1hr losing time on 3rd fight. would suggest at least 1 thf or 2, Dnc was top parse rdm was next so Was lots of fun.
 Shiva.Eightball
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2017-03-20 20:03:29
Link | Quote | Reply

the other night i was on cor melee with around 1300 base ACC and needed hunters roll + geo eva down to hit 92% acc.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-03-20 23:09:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the input. I'm guessing we're looking at about 1800 to cap? Or would you say it's lower?
 Shiva.Eightball
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2017-03-21 00:19:54
Link | Quote | Reply

the Geo was not idris, idk how much ACC + that amounts to, but my hunters roll was likely about +50 acc.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [1468 days between previous and next post]
By Asura.Aragan 2021-03-28 09:02:50
Link | Quote | Reply

1-Pld,mnk ,support job 6/6 can kil fast all use 2h
2-pld pop , smn 4 with siren spam tornado II with 2h faster kill ever
3- old schoole stratege (like me) 2 pld 1 pull adds 1 tank boss , puller he pop NM that for adds go to him direct
And 2 healer , 1 sch make sc , or sam make sc , and 3 or 4 mages dmgs , 3 support job , that doing safety and easy
4-pld , dd pt , support job
5- 2 pup 1 tank boss 1 pull adds , puller he pop NM
And mages dmg 3 or 4 ,sch make sc , healer , 2 or 3 support jobs buffs.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2021-03-28 10:04:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I think that war cor geo brd whm rdm can do this pretty easily now too.
By GlassyCraver 2021-03-28 11:12:03
Link | Quote | Reply

This thread is 6 years old
[+]